PDA

View Full Version : 36 shots against with 4 min left in the 2nd

mightysimi
10-31-2013, 07:32 PM
Wow, if Miller keeps seeing that kind of rubber he may be too tired to do anything at the trade deadline.

Dr. Lecter
10-31-2013, 07:54 PM
After two periods the score was 2-0. Shots were 38-18.

But the Sabres were out hitting the Rangers 18-9!!!!

That is what really counts, right?

mightysimi
10-31-2013, 09:19 PM
After two periods the score was 2-0. Shots were 38-18.

But the Sabres were out hitting the Rangers 18-9!!!!

That is what really counts, right?

It only counts if they are illegal shots to the head so you guys are cleaning up!!!

Downinfloflo
10-31-2013, 09:36 PM
How many former 1st round draft picks are currently on the Sabres roster, Is it 10??

trapezeus
11-01-2013, 08:00 AM
the lack of passing and the inability to get out of the zone or get in makes me think this coaching is way behind.

maybe the game is moving too fast for these kids, but it's unwatchable.

rbochan
11-01-2013, 09:22 AM
It's not a rebuild, it's a disgrace.

coastal
11-01-2013, 09:25 AM
It's not a rebuild, it's a disgrace.
It has to be a disgrace...

think Connor McDavid.

mightysimi
11-01-2013, 11:00 AM

think Connor McDavid.

You have 2 years of suck if you want him. They are already comparing him to Crosby and comparing tournament stats at the same age. McDavid is way ahead. If you can get him it is totally worth it.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/scouts-mcdavid-ahead-of-crosby-at-same-stage/

SkateZilla
11-01-2013, 12:28 PM
We lead the league in Shutouts...... lol,

coastal
11-01-2013, 01:23 PM
You have 2 years of suck if you want him. They are already comparing him to Crosby and comparing tournament stats at the same age. McDavid is way ahead. If you can get him it is totally worth it.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/scouts-mcdavid-ahead-of-crosby-at-same-stage/
No sense in running a 6-10 team out there year after year after decade...

wait!

which forum am I in?

JATMtheJATM
11-01-2013, 01:41 PM

think Connor McDavid.

ekblad this year, mcdavid next... good LORD! or reinhardt! the future is bright! if the stars align. i see no reason why buffalo will be that much better next season. probably still a top 5 pick team next year.

OpIv37
11-01-2013, 02:04 PM
We lead the league in Shutouts...... lol,

The only team in the NHL with less goals than our 23 is Philly with 20. Of course, they've played 4 fewer games and still have one more point in the standings......

Epicness
11-01-2013, 02:50 PM
How many former 1st round draft picks are currently on the Sabres roster, Is it 10??

Zadorov
Stafford
Ristolainen
Pysyk
Ott
Myers
Hodgson
Grigorenko
Girgensons
Ennis
Armia

So it's 11.

More than half of them haven't even played an entire NHL season.

JATMtheJATM
11-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Zadorov
Stafford
Ristolainen
Pysyk
Ott
Myers
Hodgson
Grigorenko
Girgensons
Ennis
Armia

So it's 11.

More than half of them haven't even played an entire NHL season.

hes trying to squash the hope for the future some of us are posting about.

of course, like you said, most of them are still 19 or younger.

coastal
11-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Weak sauce floflo...

Maybe be we should start a thread about the greatness that isn't Rick Nash.

Downinfloflo
11-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Weak sauce floflo...

Maybe be we should start a thread about the greatness that isn't Rick Nash.

Go ahead....All I did was ask how many #1 picks are on the team, People seem to forget there are 2 sides to a coin.

Sure they can turn out to be great hockey players, But they can also turn out to be bust.

I just watched the Sabres post game interviews...Those poor guy's are going to need therapy soon.

http://sabres.nhl.com/?navid=nav-teamnav-buf

coastal
11-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Go ahead....All I did was ask how many #1 picks are on the team, People seem to forget there are 2 sides to a coin.

Sure they can turn out to be great hockey players, But they can also turn out to be bust.

I just watched the Sabres post game interviews...Those poor guy's are going to need therapy soon.

I'm sure... but that's where great teams can be made too.

A good coach can channel all that to the team's benefit. Time will tell if Rolston is that kind of a leader. As a beaten Buffalo sports fan, I'm not holding my breath... but the opportunity to mold something from the ground up would be a fun thing to lead.

I should have gone into coaching.

Dr. Lecter
11-01-2013, 09:05 PM
The only team in the NHL with less goals than our 23 is Philly with 20. Of course, they've played 4 fewer games and still have one more point in the standings......

Now it is 3 fewer games and Philly has no more goals.

7-0 tonight.

But there was a line brawl and Emery went after Holtby for no reasons except they were losing 7-0.

JATMtheJATM
11-01-2013, 10:13 PM

this is the same track chicago followed. pittsburg followed. this is the correct way to do a rebuild, and soon enough, the sabres youngsters wont even remember this season.

mightysimi
11-02-2013, 01:02 AM
Right but the Hawks got John Toews and Pat Kane. Not sure that Grigorenko and the others are in the same league. Those guys were top 3 picks. Even pittsburgh had a top pick in Crosby and no 2 in Malkin. I don't see that kind of Talent in the Buffalo draft picks. They haven't been that high. What was the highest draft pick of the bunch? 7th or 8th? Def not 1st or 2nd.

JATMtheJATM
11-02-2013, 01:11 AM
Right but the Hawks got John Toews and Pat Kane. Not sure that Grigorenko and the others are in the same league. Those guys were top 3 picks. Even pittsburgh had a top pick in Crosby and no 2 in Malkin. I don't see that kind of Talent in the Buffalo draft picks. They haven't been that high. What was the highest draft pick of the bunch? 7th or 8th? Def not 1st or 2nd.

whats to say the sabres dont draft top 3 the next two seasons? its possible. some picks we have made will miss. most will become very good players (risto is projected to be a top pairing guy if not a legit number 1) and they will help a lot. even if the sabres didnt have a first this year, the kids they do have project to make the sabres a very nice team in a few years.

JATMtheJATM
11-02-2013, 01:20 AM
and no, i dont believe any of our picks are of the crosby/malkin/ovechkin variety, but there is lots of talent there. armia is going to be a 25-30 goal guy year in and out. ive heard girgs compared to brind amour, great two way guy with some offensive punch (and works out alot. i mean, apparently, girgs is a workout aholic, like brind amour, who used to work out for 3 hours after a game)

lots to be positive about, and the sabres will add significant pieces this draft.

coastal
11-02-2013, 06:39 AM
Welcome to the next two years... Not to mention all the other first and second round picks.

JATMtheJATM
11-06-2013, 06:46 AM
i have no idea where to put this. so...

<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 0px; border: medium none; position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Sabres could use a little work on their defensive zone, man on man coverage..

Thx @ScottLogic4U (https://twitter.com/ScottLogic4U) for the pic.. pic.twitter.com/gMmZYmQihC (http://t.co/gMmZYmQihC)
— Jay McKee (@JayMcKee74) November 6, 2013 (https://twitter.com/JayMcKee74/statuses/398066071317405696)the picture.
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

rbochan
11-06-2013, 06:54 AM
Miller faced 51 shots last night.

JATMtheJATM
11-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Miller faced 51 shots last night.

i didnt see the game. i was awake early. were they good chances? or outside shots due to good in zone D?

oh, who am i kidding.

trapezeus
11-06-2013, 07:54 AM
mightysim, the last top 5 pick we had was vanek...we traded him.

i still think coaching and development are playing a part in the weakness. we've had great coaches in rochester and i think that helped with the roys pominville, vanek, stafford being ready early in 2006. then we went to portland and watched some amerk coaches leave for the big leagues. perhaps rolston is more fit to be in the amerks and win there with young guys. and that is what we need in development, but we need a real big time coach for the sabres who knows what its like to be a pro right now. I don't know who that guy is, but look at a Ted Nolan. He was of the rolston cut, but he got wins out of young guys. he got them believing something bigger.

Rolston isn't getting that from them.

all this is my way of saying, i don't really trust that all these picks and suckiness is going to turn into anything better. and frankly, they went from being frustratingly in games, to barely an AHL team. i don't have 2 years of suckiness to watch with the same GM overseeing all this.

JATMtheJATM
11-06-2013, 08:38 AM
great stat. when risto was on the ice at ES, the sabres outshot the sharks 12-9

Downinfloflo
11-06-2013, 10:45 AM
i have no idea where to put this. so...

<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 0px; border: medium none; position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Sabres could use a little work on their defensive zone, man on man coverage..

Thx @ScottLogic4U (https://twitter.com/ScottLogic4U) for the pic.. pic.twitter.com/gMmZYmQihC (http://t.co/gMmZYmQihC)
— Jay McKee (@JayMcKee74) November 6, 2013 (https://twitter.com/JayMcKee74/statuses/398066071317405696)
the picture.
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Some of the replies are pretty funny...

what are you talking about? Miller has good coverage on those two guys

but they would make an amazing Olympic bobsled team

SkateZilla
11-06-2013, 11:15 AM
lol,

I was wondering if the Sharks were just having a really bad off night, cause they were doing the same thing in their zone.

mightysimi
11-06-2013, 12:14 PM
mightysim, the last top 5 pick we had was vanek...we traded him.

i still think coaching and development are playing a part in the weakness. we've had great coaches in rochester and i think that helped with the roys pominville, vanek, stafford being ready early in 2006. then we went to portland and watched some amerk coaches leave for the big leagues. perhaps rolston is more fit to be in the amerks and win there with young guys. and that is what we need in development, but we need a real big time coach for the sabres who knows what its like to be a pro right now. I don't know who that guy is, but look at a Ted Nolan. He was of the rolston cut, but he got wins out of young guys. he got them believing something bigger.

Rolston isn't getting that from them.

all this is my way of saying, i don't really trust that all these picks and suckiness is going to turn into anything better. and frankly, they went from being frustratingly in games, to barely an AHL team. i don't have 2 years of suckiness to watch with the same GM overseeing all this.

I can understand that. However the Sabres are young but watching them, I don't see the talent level. I do see it in a few guys, Risto is going to be good. I still think Myers can be a top 4 guy, Hodgson has the offensive skill but needs to not be such a liability in his own end and the face off dot. I am not sold on Grigerenko, he just doesn't seem like he has any idea.

I know you have only had 1 top 5 pick in the last while but some draft years are really deep that you should be getting studs almost all the way down the first round. Speedy little guys aren't getting it done. I think you will have no choice but to fire the GM. Unless he pulls some magic for Miller. Rinne apparently has E coli and is supposed to be out for a while, you never know.