PDA

View Full Version : If Lewis Doesn't Start Who Would You Rather See at QB?

RedEyE
11-02-2013, 08:05 AM
I'm torn.

On one hand I'd like to see the farm raised Tuel come in and battle past his Cleveland game. He showed promise during the preseason. But I don't think the Bills coaching staff are not even sold on his abilities. They seem to shy away from every opportunity in putting Tuel in the game. Marrone has always been the straight shooter and says that they like Tuel and his promise, that it is simply based on his youth and lack of experience. Obviously it's more than that. The HC is going to put his best product on the field. Its because of the lack of confidence the coaching staff has in Tuel that I'm fearful to seeing him starting Sunday.

Then there's Flynn. Here's a guy that has played and studied with guys like Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson. He has 5 years of experience under his belt and threw an amazing 6TD game in one his NFL starts and had thrown 3 TDs against the Patriots in his 1st NFL start. He was a hot commodity once drawing in several teams on a million dollar trade, but since Flynn has been much of a disappointment and is being passed around the NFL by QB needy teams. There's obviuosly something off about this guy. The Bills might be his last chance in the NFL. Perhaps Flynn's desperation could propel him to the next level? Does he have another big game in his back pocket to add to his resume? Beating a hot undefeated Chiefs team would certainly be a story the media hounds drool over.

I'm probably leaning more to wanting to see Flynn play. Not just because of his level of "experience", but because if he is banged to **** it really doesn't affect the future plans of the organization. If he sucks you cut the guy and move on.

Which QB are you guys wanting to see?

Dying_-2-_Live
11-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Id like to what Flynn's got, but it won't be Flynn if thad can't go. It will be Tuel and ill be crossing my fingers

Turf
11-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Just based on the fact that I want to see a QB who can throw the ball down the field, Flynn. I have no faith in Tuel.

RedEyE
11-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Id like to what Flynn's got, but it won't be Flynn if thad can't go. It will be Tuel and ill be crossing my fingers
What makes you so sure? Have you read something somewhere that has the Bills leaning Tuel's way? To me, based on what I have seen/read, it seems like Marrone is holding out hope for Thad and then flips a coin Sunday if Thad can't go.

Forward_Lateral
11-02-2013, 08:40 AM
I'd rather see a guy who's thrown for over 500 yards in a game vs a guy who's thrown for 80 career yards. Nothing against Tuel, but unless he's done a complete 180 over the past few weeks, he's just not ready.

The Bills need a QB that can throw deep. The only way they are going to have a shot is to run the snot out of the ball, and play action over the top. I also predict Chandler has his best game as a Bill.

Meathead
11-02-2013, 09:00 AM
today is fall back day which means its sort of makes it an official backwards day

and in that backwards tradition, who i want to start this game at qb depends on whether the bills win the game or not

if the bills are destined to win the game then their playoff chances will go from zero to much less than zero with three winnable games in their immediate future. in that scenario i would much rather have the experienced flynn to be coached into being the steady caretaker to give them the chance to win a string of defensive oriented games

if the bills are destined to lose this game then i would much rather see us some tuel time. its officially a lost season at that point and id love to see tuel get some extended starting time to see where he is with the big boys. the clev situation was so perfectly unfair that i dont even consider it in evaluating him, it woudl be fun for a couple three games to see how much he can progress in that time

there may still be some upside to flynn but the longer a guy goes in the league without showing it the less likely hes got it. id rather give tuel the extended audition than flynn, if i had my tashard choice

RedEyE
11-02-2013, 09:26 AM
I can honestly understand arguments for either guy.

Forward_Lateral
11-02-2013, 09:51 AM
I can honestly understand arguments for either guy.

Same here. On one hand, you have a journeyman backup who's shown flashes of being good, but is probably limited due to his lack of knowledge of the playbook. On the other hand, you have an undrafted rookie, with next to zero experience, but who knows the playbook in and out, and probably has more chemistry with the offense as a whole.

Of course, I'm only assuming Flynn doesn't know the playbook entirely, which could be incorrect. Either way, I'll be watching and cheering for a win, regardless of who's QB.

SquishDaFish
11-02-2013, 10:56 AM
If Flynn knows the playbook complete and has had practice with the starting WRs to gain some chemistry then I want Flynn in.

better days
11-02-2013, 11:15 AM
If Flynn knows the playbook complete and has had practice with the starting WRs to gain some chemistry then I want Flynn in.

Flynn has only been in Buffalo about two weeks. I doubt he knows the terminology let alone the playbook down cold.

Tuel got the Lions share of the snaps this week. I think if Thad can't play, Tuel is our best hope.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-02-2013, 11:56 AM
I've seen Tuel play and as such I can honestly say that I'd rather attend my love's wake and funeral again than to see Tuel pretend to be an NFL QB. I haven't seen Flynn for us, but I know that he can't possibly be worse than Tuel.

better days
11-02-2013, 12:06 PM
I've seen Tuel play and as such I can honestly say that I'd rather attend my love's wake and funeral again than to see Tuel pretend to be an NFL QB. I haven't seen Flynn for us, but I know that he can't possibly be worse than Tuel.

Flynn may be a better QB, but if he does not know the playbook or the terminology he could play worse than Tuel in the game against the Chiefs. In fact, I think Flynn could be MUCH worse than Tuel.

Tuel sucked in Cleveland, but he looked pretty good in preseason which is the reason he is on the Bills roster.

RedEyE
11-02-2013, 01:23 PM
I really don't think either of these guys are going to be diving to deep into the playbook. I expect lots of running, a few screens, the obligatory out route at the 1st down marker, and the occasional pass to the open receiver in the middle of the field. Hackett and Marrone are not going to throw too much at either of these guys.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Flynn may be a better QB, but if he does not know the playbook or the terminology he could play worse than Tuel in the game against the Chiefs. In fact, I think Flynn could be MUCH worse than Tuel.

Tuel sucked in Cleveland, but he looked pretty good in preseason which is the reason he is on the Bills roster.

In the preseason:

Translation: he looked pretty good against a lot of guys who are not in the NFL, CFL, UFL, Arena, or any other pro football leagues

Mr. Pink
11-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Anybody but Tuel.

Line up Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller if you have to.

They won't score anything better than a garbage time TD with Tuel starting.

imbondz
11-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Tuel. Give him one more shot. See if he can overcome that Thurs night mess.

better days
11-02-2013, 02:35 PM
I really don't think either of these guys are going to be diving to deep into the playbook. I expect lots of running, a few screens, the obligatory out route at the 1st down marker, and the occasional pass to the open receiver in the middle of the field. Hackett and Marrone are not going to throw too much at either of these guys.

I hope Hackett is smart enough to make good use of the screen pass in this game.

It is the perfect play against an aggressive defense.......................If the QB can complete it, unlike Thad last game.

better days
11-02-2013, 02:38 PM
In the preseason:

Translation: he looked pretty good against a lot of guys who are not in the NFL, CFL, UFL, Arena, or any other pro football leagues

Nonsense. plenty of those guys are still playing in the NFL.

I will say, it was against VANILLA defenses. BUT if you can throw the ball, which Tuel can, he should be able to complete some passes & score some points.

BertSquirtgum
11-02-2013, 05:27 PM
if he does not know the playbook or the terminology he could play worse than Tuel in the game against the Chiefs. In fact, I think Flynn could be MUCH worse than Tuel..

I highly doubt that.

Mace
11-02-2013, 07:06 PM
I went with Tuel. This year is what it is, give him some exp, and don't even bother judging him on it. If he looks lost, put Flynn in. If Flynn looks lost put Tuel back in and let him ride it out because it won't matter by then anyway.

I won't hold it against any one of them all things considered.

We might end up having a decent year, but this just isn't the summit climb yet.

Fixxxer
11-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Tuel, he already knows the offense and knows the player in the building. Neither is a great option right now, but if you start Flynn you will probably get a Freeman like performance like the one he had in his first game as a Viking.

Novacane
11-03-2013, 06:48 AM
Both are going to see time today. Marone is going to have no other choice than to put Flynn in when Tuel looks terrible.

Fixxxer
11-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Both are going to see time today. Marone is going to have no other choice than to put Flynn in when Tuel looks terrible.

I think having a week to prepare will make him look better than he showed when he was thrown into the fire against Cleveland.

Fixxxer
11-03-2013, 12:22 PM
He already did enough in my book.