X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

EJ should play next week?

That's what Dierdork said? First I'd heard he could be back that soon.
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: EJ should play next week?

I heard that as well.

I can't see him playing next week in Pittsburgh but perhaps the following week at home against the Jets.

Comment

• Billsfan3
      • Nov 2007

I think chris Brown said Week 11 would be the better chance

Comment

• kishoph
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
        That's what Dierdork said? First I'd heard he could be back that soon.
        I don't know why he kept saying that, but everything that the Bills have said does no point to Manuel being back that early. It would be nice, but I think we'll have to wait at least 2 more weeks against the Jets.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

Speaking of Dierdorf, GOD DO I F***ING HATE LISTENING TO HIM!!! What a terrible announcer. Maybe I was just pissed about certain calls/plays but my girlfriend had to tell me to calm down because I was yelling at him constantly to shut his idiotic mouth.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

My ears turn off when Dumbledorf talks.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
              • Sep 2012

I wouldn't put EJ in this week. We rushed him back from a knee injury once already this year. Season's over, let him heal.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Victor7
                • Jul 2013

Yup, lets bring him back.

I'm tired of the underwhelming Tuel and Lewis.

Time to find out more about EJ.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                  I wouldn't put EJ in this week. We rushed him back from a knee injury once already this year. Season's over, let him heal.

Did they rush him back? If he was 100% healthy then they didn't. If he's healed play him. He's not going to heal anymore than 100%. If he's 99% let him sit another week.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                    Did they rush him back? If he was 100% healthy then they didn't. If he's healed play him. He's not going to heal anymore than 100%. If he's 99% let him sit another week.
                    Yes, they did rush him back. Remember how close we came to having Tuel as our opening day starter?

Comment

• Victor7
                      • Jul 2013

Yes, they did rush him back. Remember how close we came to having Tuel as our opening day starter?
                      True, but its not like he got hurt in that game. He got hurt 5 games later so I don't think it had any effect whatsoever.

That hit he took in Cleveland would've been an injury no matter what.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post
                        True, but its not like he got hurt in that game. He got hurt 5 games later so I don't think it had any effect whatsoever.

That hit he took in Cleveland would've been an injury no matter what.
                        You don't know that. Injuries that don't fully heal can linger and re-aggravate themselves later. It's entirely possible that Manuel's knee holds up to the hit in Cleveland if he hadn't been playing pro football on it for the previous month.

And I'm not even saying that was the wrong call at the time. We were staring down the barrel of "Jeff Tuel, Opening Day Starter." Rushing Manuel back to avoid that was a worthwhile risk IMO.

Now, however, we are all but eliminated from the playoffs. Cash it in for at least another week, maybe even through the bye.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                          • Jul 2002

You don't know that. Injuries that don't fully heal can linger and re-aggravate themselves later. It's entirely possible that Manuel's knee holds up to the hit in Cleveland if he hadn't been playing pro football on it for the previous month.

And I'm not even saying that was the wrong call at the time. We were staring down the barrel of "Jeff Tuel, Opening Day Starter." Rushing Manuel back to avoid that was a worthwhile risk IMO.

Now, however, we are all but eliminated from the playoffs. Cash it in for at least another week, maybe even through the bye.
                          The knee he injured in Cleveland was on the other leg than the one injured in pre-season. So there goes the re-aggravation premise.
                          He's starting this week & it's a good thing.

Comment

• Victor7
                            • Jul 2013

You are right I don't know for sure, but neither do you and I think common sense would tell you the hit he took in Clev looked strong enough to hurt even the healthiest knee.

That's an interesting way to see things. I don't agree with it though. Playoff or not we need to find out what we have in Manuel. The sooner the better. If he's the real deal he'll show us some flashes over the next weeks. If he isn't he'll be mediocre and we can start planning ahead instead of theoretically wasting next year on him as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                            The knee he injured in Cleveland was on the other leg than the one injured in pre-season. So there goes the re-aggravation premise.
                            He's starting this week & it's a good thing.
                            I was also going to ask about this. If it really is a different knee then its settled.

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

If the DRs and EJ say he's ready then play him.

Comment

Working...
                              X