PDA

View Full Version : EJ should play next week?

Novacane
11-03-2013, 12:18 PM
That's what Dierdork said? First I'd heard he could be back that soon.

SpikedLemonade
11-03-2013, 02:28 PM
I heard that as well.

I can't see him playing next week in Pittsburgh but perhaps the following week at home against the Jets.

Billsfan3
11-04-2013, 01:13 AM
I think chris Brown said Week 11 would be the better chance

kishoph
11-04-2013, 04:05 AM
That's what Dierdork said? First I'd heard he could be back that soon.

I don't know why he kept saying that, but everything that the Bills have said does no point to Manuel being back that early. It would be nice, but I think we'll have to wait at least 2 more weeks against the Jets.

Pinkerton Security
11-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Speaking of Dierdorf, GOD DO I F***ING HATE LISTENING TO HIM!!! What a terrible announcer. Maybe I was just pissed about certain calls/plays but my girlfriend had to tell me to calm down because I was yelling at him constantly to shut his idiotic mouth.

Forward_Lateral
11-04-2013, 07:41 AM
My ears turn off when Dumbledorf talks.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-04-2013, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't put EJ in this week. We rushed him back from a knee injury once already this year. Season's over, let him heal.

Victor7
11-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Yup, lets bring him back.

I'm tired of the underwhelming Tuel and Lewis.

Time to find out more about EJ.

Novacane
11-04-2013, 10:01 AM
I wouldn't put EJ in this week. We rushed him back from a knee injury once already this year. Season's over, let him heal.

Did they rush him back? If he was 100% healthy then they didn't. If he's healed play him. He's not going to heal anymore than 100%. If he's 99% let him sit another week.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Did they rush him back? If he was 100% healthy then they didn't. If he's healed play him. He's not going to heal anymore than 100%. If he's 99% let him sit another week.

Yes, they did rush him back. Remember how close we came to having Tuel as our opening day starter?

Victor7
11-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Yes, they did rush him back. Remember how close we came to having Tuel as our opening day starter?

True, but its not like he got hurt in that game. He got hurt 5 games later so I don't think it had any effect whatsoever.

That hit he took in Cleveland would've been an injury no matter what.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-04-2013, 10:19 AM
True, but its not like he got hurt in that game. He got hurt 5 games later so I don't think it had any effect whatsoever.

That hit he took in Cleveland would've been an injury no matter what.

You don't know that. Injuries that don't fully heal can linger and re-aggravate themselves later. It's entirely possible that Manuel's knee holds up to the hit in Cleveland if he hadn't been playing pro football on it for the previous month.

And I'm not even saying that was the wrong call at the time. We were staring down the barrel of "Jeff Tuel, Opening Day Starter." Rushing Manuel back to avoid that was a worthwhile risk IMO.

Now, however, we are all but eliminated from the playoffs. Cash it in for at least another week, maybe even through the bye.

Albany,n.y.
11-04-2013, 10:23 AM
You don't know that. Injuries that don't fully heal can linger and re-aggravate themselves later. It's entirely possible that Manuel's knee holds up to the hit in Cleveland if he hadn't been playing pro football on it for the previous month.

And I'm not even saying that was the wrong call at the time. We were staring down the barrel of "Jeff Tuel, Opening Day Starter." Rushing Manuel back to avoid that was a worthwhile risk IMO.

Now, however, we are all but eliminated from the playoffs. Cash it in for at least another week, maybe even through the bye.

The knee he injured in Cleveland was on the other leg than the one injured in pre-season. So there goes the re-aggravation premise.
He's starting this week & it's a good thing.

Victor7
11-04-2013, 10:26 AM

You are right I don't know for sure, but neither do you and I think common sense would tell you the hit he took in Clev looked strong enough to hurt even the healthiest knee.

That's an interesting way to see things. I don't agree with it though. Playoff or not we need to find out what we have in Manuel. The sooner the better. If he's the real deal he'll show us some flashes over the next weeks. If he isn't he'll be mediocre and we can start planning ahead instead of theoretically wasting next year on him as well.

- - - Updated - - -

The knee he injured in Cleveland was on the other leg than the one injured in pre-season. So there goes the re-aggravation premise.

I was also going to ask about this. If it really is a different knee then its settled.

Novacane
11-04-2013, 10:27 AM
If the DRs and EJ say he's ready then play him.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-04-2013, 10:33 AM

Thanks, I thought it was the same. My mistake. Doesn't change my opinion though.

That's an interesting way to see things. I don't agree with it though. Playoff or not we need to find out what we have in Manuel. The sooner the better. If he's the real deal he'll show us some flashes over the next weeks. If he isn't he'll be mediocre and we can start planning ahead instead of theoretically wasting next year on him as well.

I actually think the opposite. I want to see what he has and I don't want there to be any "He was playing on a bad knee" excuses, or even worse, seeing him get hurt again. There are 5 games after the bye, that's plenty for me to form an opinion of his rookie year.

THATHURMANATOR
11-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Why wouldn't it change your opinion?

IlluminatusUIUC
11-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Why wouldn't it change your opinion?

Because I still want to see him at full speed to evaluate him and I don't want any excuses for his play. This season's over. The only good thing we can do is get a definitive read on Manuel, and I don't want that clouded by having him play hurt.