PDA

View Full Version : That was a good catch by Goodwin

Mr. Miyagi
11-03-2013, 03:01 PM
We got screwed again.

YardRat
11-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Close, but never really maintained control.

Novacane
11-03-2013, 03:04 PM
I agree. He was down with the ball and the defender knocked it out of his hand. The play was over before he lost the ball

BertSquirtgum
11-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Shouldn't have mattered. Tuel should have never been playing.

stuckincincy
11-03-2013, 03:05 PM
We got screwed again.

No it wasn't. BUF fans must lead the league in whining... :chair:

Crisis
11-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Like it matters, Tuel would have either turned it over in the next set of downs or just overthrown a crossing pattern by 10 yards.

Mace
11-03-2013, 03:06 PM
We got screwed again.

By then it didn't matter. We had already lost on that pick six with a boneheaded playcall by Hackett, and an unforgiveable lack of comprehension by Tuel with Johnson waving his arms all alone in the middle of no one 15 feet away and clearly in Tuels vision if he had any.

Crisis
11-03-2013, 03:08 PM
By then it didn't matter. We had already lost on that pick six with a boneheaded playcall by Hackett, and an unforgiveable lack of comprehension by Tuel with Johnson waving his arms all alone in the middle of no one 15 feet away and clearly in Tuels vision if he had any.

How was the pick 6 a boneheaded playcall? Stevie was literally standing alone in the middle of the endzone.

jamze132
11-03-2013, 03:09 PM
What was boneheaded about the call? We tried to pound it in but couldn't so we go to the pass. I have no problem with the play call, just the lack of execution.

BertSquirtgum
11-03-2013, 03:10 PM
How was the pick 6 a boneheaded playcall? Stevie was literally standing alone in the middle of the endzone.

Definitely a good call. Horrible mistake by Tuel.

YardRat
Good call, piss-poor decision.

Novacane
Like it matters, Tuel would have either turned it over in the next set of downs or just overthrown a crossing pattern by 10 yards.

True. If the ball had been thrown where it should have been Goodwin has a 95 yd td

cookie G
11-03-2013, 03:11 PM
I thought it was a catch. Cradled in his arm against his body. I didn't see the ball move until he hit the ground the 2nd time.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-03-2013, 03:13 PM
i guess i just don't understand what the f*** a f***ing catch is anymore. i just don't get it

Mace
11-03-2013, 03:16 PM

I don't know if you noticed, they didn't throw it to where he was standing alone in the middle of the endzone. They threw the ball at the one yard line where he wasn't because of a busted coverage, had he been standing there on the designed play, he wasn't getting in.

Mr. Pink
11-03-2013, 03:22 PM
I don't know if you noticed, they didn't throw it to where he was standing alone in the middle of the endzone. They threw the ball at the one yard line where he wasn't because of a busted coverage, had he been standing there on the designed play, he wasn't getting in.

The designed play/option on that play was TJ Graham cutting underneath.

For whatever reason Smith let Stevie go walk into the endzone.

Whether that reason is he read Tuel's eyes or he busted the coverage is anyone's guess.

SquishDaFish
11-03-2013, 03:23 PM

That was not a bad playcall. Stevie was wide open. Even Marrone said it. He said it was the correct call but bad execution. Tuel went first option like an idiot he should of saw stevie.

SquishDaFish
11-03-2013, 03:24 PM

Thats TUELS choice no the playcall choice. He needs to see what the defenders are doing and go to a different option like the one with Stevie wide the **** open

Mace
11-03-2013, 03:25 PM
That was not a bad playcall. Stevie was wide open. Even Marrone said it. He said it was the correct call but bad execution. Tuel went first option like an idiot he should of saw stevie.

They didn't throw it to him.

Look, if you even run the ball there it's 13-3 shortly.

wmoz11
11-03-2013, 03:30 PM
It was a catch. He was touched down well before the ball came out. He's going to be a star when he has a real QB throwing the ball to him. I feel Manuel is that real QB. I know this gets said a lot, but next year is going to be really good. I've said it before, but I haven't meant it. This team is going to be really good. As it stands now, we are an average football team and considering the changes that's pretty good.

tampabay25690
11-03-2013, 03:30 PM

I don't really agree bit ok

tampabay25690
11-03-2013, 03:31 PM

Wax a great call u are on your own with that quote.

Owen DeBoard
11-03-2013, 03:36 PM
The way the D was playing you dont put the ball in the hands of a undrafted rookie. Kick the field goal and go up by 2 scores you are in good position to win this game. This team is still young and learning and will get better with more games played. Also Jarius Byrd now you know why you dont get top saftey money. You had multiple times to make a play today but instead of going for the ball you hit someone and cost us a 15 yard penalty. If any team gives you top saftey money you need to go because you are not worth it.

WagonCircler
11-03-2013, 03:38 PM
What a *********** rule.

I'm trying to think of a rule change over the past ten years that has made the game better.

I'm drawing a blank.

mjt328
11-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Goodwin maintained possession through the catch. Then he hit the ground and rolled over, still maintaining possession. After that, the defender knocked the ball out of his hand.

It should have been a catch. Because he CAUGHT THE BALL. (Pretty simple, huh...)

However, about 5-6 years ago, the NFL added complicated verbiage to the rule book. Now nobody knows what the heck a catch is. I would like an official explanation how TJ Graham's catch/fumble was a completion, while the Goodwin play was not. They both had and maintained possession, and both made a "football move". It's inconsistent nonsense.

mjt328
11-03-2013, 03:41 PM
What a *********** rule.

I'm trying to think of a rule change over the past ten years that has made the game better.

I'm drawing a blank.

I like the "automatic review" rule on turnovers and scoring plays.

But you are right. Most of the changes over the past 10-15 years have made the sport significantly worse.

Mace
11-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Wax a great call u are on your own with that quote.

Huh ?

kingJofNYC
11-03-2013, 03:44 PM
I don't know what is or isn't a catch at this point. If TJ's caught his fumble then Goodwin caught his as well.

pmoon6
11-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Easy answer. Ron Winter and crew. I didn't expect many calls to go our way today.

Meathead
11-03-2013, 04:32 PM
that was NOT a catch by goodwin

the 'new' rules on what constitutes a catch are clear - you have to maintain control of the ball throughout throughout the entire movement of the catch right through to the ground and even maintain it there. its not like a run where the ball just has to cross one pubic hair over the first down/goalline for it to count. a catch has to be made and the ball retained through the entire falling motion until the player stops - if he still has the ball (and established he was already in bounds) then and only then is it a catch

fault the rule but based on that rule it was an incomplete all the way

Meathead
11-03-2013, 04:35 PM
I don't know what is or isn't a catch at this point. If TJ's caught his fumble then Goodwin caught his as well.

there is a great irony in the rules there right now

if graham takes two steps, falls to the ground and loses the ball its an incomplete. but since he didnt fall and took those two steps ('football move') then its a catch

my dad pointed out that all the defender has to do now is knock the ball out of the receivers hands when hes on the ground after a catch and its bizzarely an incompletion, but the way the rule is now hes right

bdutton
11-03-2013, 07:27 PM

No... he DID maintain control. He pinned the ball between his forrearm and helmet from the time he started down to the ground and through the contact to the ground and rolling over to his back. It wasn't until the defender swatted at the ball after the catch and control was made that he lost control. It was a good catch and was a drive killer when we had momentum and good play execution. We would have scored at least 3 points and instead it turned into 3 the other way. The outcome of the game could have been completely different.

Mace
11-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Run the damn ball and go up 13-3 to let the D tee off on Smith. Best case it's 17-3.

Run the damn ball.

Goodwin caught it.

Shouldn't have mattered.

Meathead
11-03-2013, 09:14 PM
No... he DID maintain control. He pinned the ball between his forrearm and helmet from the time he started down to the ground and through the contact to the ground and rolling over to his back. It wasn't until the defender swatted at the ball after the catch and control was made that he lost control.

thats it right there

yes, if you catch the ball with two hands, hold it in your gut with two hands, and then slide on the ground for ten yards, the defender can knock the ball out of your hands before you stop moving to make it not a catch. thats the way the rule is defined right now

BertSquirtgum
11-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Run the damn ball and go up 13-3 to let the D tee off on Smith. Best case it's 17-3.

Run the damn ball.

Goodwin caught it.

Shouldn't have mattered.

Read this and stop arguing that they should have ran the ball.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/3609/dissecting-tuels-game-changing-pick-six

Oaf
11-04-2013, 04:07 AM
Hackett told him before the play to make sure and get it to his first read.

kishoph
11-04-2013, 04:19 AM
Hackett told him before the play to make sure and get it to his first read.

?

trapezeus
11-04-2013, 08:18 AM
Easy answer. Ron Winter and crew. I didn't expect many calls to go our way today.

you don't like dick cheney as a referee?

Novacane
11-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Having TJ as the first read on a a crucial play is just plain stupid!

Victor7
11-04-2013, 09:55 AM
Goodwin maintained possession through the catch. Then he hit the ground and rolled over, still maintaining possession. After that, the defender knocked the ball out of his hand.

It should have been a catch. Because he CAUGHT THE BALL. (Pretty simple, huh...)

However, about 5-6 years ago, the NFL added complicated verbiage to the rule book. Now nobody knows what the heck a catch is. I would like an official explanation how TJ Graham's catch/fumble was a completion, while the Goodwin play was not. They both had and maintained possession, and both made a "football move". It's inconsistent nonsense.

This !

Graham barely had control of the ball for less than a second after putting it away and of course that's a clear as day catch and fumble but Goodwin who maintained control (albeit awkwardly ala Tyree in the SB) while hitting the ground with his ass and elbow and still had a KC player roll on top of him before finally losing it is no catch. He was down by contact. I mean how much longer does he have to hold on to the ball ??? And you know what pissed me off more ?? It was called correctly. The back judge called it a catch and made a hand motion saying that MG was down by contact. Then for some unwordly reason this douchebag sideline ref that's a good 15-20 yards away from the play comes in and changes the call.

Then of course the senile worthless bottom 3 ref that is Ron Winter comes in and upholds the call.

**** the refs !!

pmoon6
11-04-2013, 10:13 AM
This !

Graham barely had control of the ball for less than a second after putting it away and of course that's a clear as day catch and fumble but Goodwin who maintained control (albeit awkwardly ala Tyree in the SB) while hitting the ground with his ass and elbow and still had a KC player roll on top of him before finally losing it is no catch. He was down by contact. I mean how much longer does he have to hold on to the ball ??? And you know what pissed me off more ?? It was called correctly. The back judge called it a catch and made a hand motion saying that MG was down by contact. Then for some unwordly reason this douchebag sideline ref that's a good 15-20 yards away from the play comes in and changes the call.

Then of course the senile worthless bottom 3 ref that is Ron Winter comes in and upholds the call.

**** the refs !!What's up, Merry Mex? Did you decide to reject the Dark Side and walk into the light?

How are things with Lord Sidious?

Victor7
11-04-2013, 10:17 AM
What's up, Merry Mex? Did you decide to reject the Dark Side and walk into the light?

How are things with Lord Sidious?

Hey moon man. Good to "see" you again.

Still post over there. I have "dual" citizenship now !

Told my wife at the start of the game that Winter was among the 3 worst refs in the game and that he was bound to screw up. Sure enough it happened.

pmoon6
11-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Hey moon man same here.

Told my wife at the start of the game that Winter was among the 3 worst refs in the game and that he was bound to screw up. Sure enough it happened.My wife actually knows who Ron Winter is.

We sat down for the game and I told her Winter was the ref. She said "Oh ****".

Jry44
11-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Definitely a good call. Horrible mistake by Tuel.

Tuel was locking in on Robert Woods, and Sean Smith knew it. When the ball was snapped he gambled and jumped the route and the rest is history. Good play call, good read by Sean Smith, and a poor decision by Tuel.

Victor7
11-04-2013, 10:21 AM
My wife actually knows who Ron Winter is.

We sat down for the game and I told her Winter was the ref. She said "Oh ****".

I know man, been hating on his ass for years. He's senile. No offense ;)

pmoon6
11-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Still post over there. I have "dual" citizenship now !:rofl: Thanks for that!

Jry44
11-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Told my wife at the start of the game that Winter was among the 3 worst refs in the game and that he was bound to screw up. Sure enough it happened.

Didn't Ron Winters and his crew also call the Saints game last week? These last two games were easily the worst two officiated games I've seen against both team this season....

pmoon6
11-04-2013, 10:23 AM
I know man, been hating on his ass for years. He's senile. No offense ;)HaHa. None taken.

Meathead
11-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Read this and stop arguing that they should have ran the ball.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/3609/dissecting-tuels-game-changing-pick-six

to me that explains multiple reasons exactly why they should NOT have allowed tuel to throw there

biggest game day coaching blunder for these guys for sure, and one of the worst in bills history