PDA

View Full Version : Tuel and moreover Whaley is why we lost this game.

X-Era
11-03-2013, 03:05 PM
I can honestly say Tuel is the worst QB to start for us since Alex Van Pelt.

That play on the 0.000005 yard line was the biggest pile of **** play I have ever seen. Add in the horrible throws to defenders and floating almost every throw he threw... He does not even belong on our practice squad.

And that makes Whaley more responsible for this loss than Tuel.

The second EJ went down we should have been looking for a legit backup. Truly when Kolb went down we should have been looking for a legit experienced backup. Thad Lewis is a borderline quality backup, and we know Tuel is garbage. That means we were starting garbage and had plenty of time to fix that way back to 4 weeks ago when EJ went down.

QB doesn't matter... Run and stop the run... We did both and still lost because we had an inadequate QB. Tired of that garbage answer to inadequate QB play.

Now, if someone can tell me why we kept throwing deep with this pile of garbage at QB including a critical 4 and 3 I will be shocked. Defies all logic.

Dear Marrone, your next man up concept loses games when you next man is a pile of garbage. You had no business throwing with Tuel and especially on a 4th and 3.

As far as I'm concerned we now need two experienced quality vet QB's. Flynn may be one. But we need to be signing one tonight and releasing Tuel. Then Flynn, Thad, and the new guy can battle to be the backup to EJ and the runner up can be third string. The loser is cut.

Horrible. Horrible choice of talent. Horrible play. Horrible loss on an easily winnable game with an adequate backup QB.

Novacane
11-03-2013, 03:07 PM
If they'd of just been conservative we'd of won this game.

coastal
11-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Whaley isn't responsible for the QB depth or lack thereof...

That would be Buddy Nix and Riss Brandon.

split71
11-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Really...?

YardRat
11-03-2013, 03:09 PM
I like what Whaley has done so far, and Marrone and his staff. To play a 'shoulda won' game against an 8-0 team that turned on a couple of bone-head plays despite starting a fourth-string QB is a tribute to what the front office and coaching staff have been able to do with this team in a really short period of time.

Mace
11-03-2013, 03:12 PM

No it doesn't. Whaley gave them a pile of QB's to choose from. The guys using the QB's have to be able to know how any of them can throw by now instead of playcalling a game pretending you have someone else in there. That's just coaching coaching coaching and coaching.

X-Era
11-03-2013, 03:13 PM
I like what Whaley has done so far, and Marrone and his staff. To play a 'shoulda won' game against an 8-0 team that turned on a couple of bone-head plays despite starting a fourth-string QB is a tribute to what the front office and coaching staff have been able to do with this team in a really short period of time.
I think you actually agreed with me.

Tuel is 4th string which means he's not even good enough for our PS. We needed a true second stringer. But yes, the rest of our team was good enough to win today.

cookie G
11-03-2013, 03:13 PM
They're down to their 4th string QB.

I don't know what people expect.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-03-2013, 03:14 PM

Tuel is 4th string which means he's not even good enough for our PS. We needed a true second stringer. But yes, the rest of our team was good enough to win today.

minus gilmore who sucked and chandler who couldn't catch

- - - Updated - - -

and while i'm at it, where the f*** was the 6 trillion dollar line today. it was ok i guess, but not great

X-Era
11-03-2013, 03:14 PM
No it doesn't. Whaley gave them a pile of QB's to choose from. The guys using the QB's have to be able to know how any of them can throw by now instead of playcalling a game pretending you have someone else in there. That's just coaching coaching coaching and coaching.
So Whaley gave them garbage to work with? I agree.

Marrone thinks he can throw the long ball. Truth is he can't reliably throw any ball. But that is also on Marrone. That said, a coach coaches who he has. Whaley gave him crap to start today.

cookie G
11-03-2013, 03:15 PM

And TJ Graham...I have no idea why he continues to be on the field. Absolutely clueless when the ball is in the air. I think McLovin has better ball skills.

X-Era
11-03-2013, 03:15 PM

I don't know what people expect.A front office to have provided a legit backup way back when Kolb went down.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what people expect.A front office to have provided a legit backup way back when Kolb went down.

YardRat
11-03-2013, 03:16 PM

I don't think so. Guys aren't going to just come in off the street and pick up the offense quick enough to do any better than Lewis or Tuel could have. If Kolb wouldn't have gotten hurt late in preseason, the point would be moot. Of course, he'd still probably be out at this point and we'd still be playing Tuel because the china doll wouldn't have lasted long after replacing EJ after his injury.

X-Era
11-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Good news, we will likely be picking top 15 and probably top 10.

Not sure where we should go though. Tuel was not sacked and even though Pears got beat several times our run O has been good all year.

S? Maybe but A Williams looks good.

CB? I feel like I'd rather have another legit #2 or #3 vet.

OLB? Could be Hughes is decent. I'd like Khalil Mack.

TE? That I could see. Chandler should just leave after this year.

WR? Yes I'd like another young, fast guy with size. Easley should just be gone. Graham nor Goodwin is good enough at outside #2 WR.

mjt328
11-03-2013, 03:18 PM
I've been critical of this front office as much as anyone, but you're really grasping at straws.

Tuel is our FOURTH STRING quarterback. Most of the teams in the NFL carry two on the active roster. Nobody goes into a season prepared to handle the top 3 guys getting hurt. There isn't crap available out there.

Whaley had a legit backup on the roster with starting experience (Kevin Kolb). He got hurt.
They felt good about Thad Lewis, and he played OK for a 3rd stringer. He got hurt.
They signed Matt Flynn, but the coaching staff felt more comfortable starting Tuel today.

CarolinaBill99
11-03-2013, 03:20 PM
All the momentum was lost on the goal line play. Run the ball again and take the points. Defense was playing good, 4 th string QB, dropped passes. Take the 10 point lead and protect the ball. This loss is on the coaching staff, not Tuel.

X-Era
11-03-2013, 03:22 PM
I don't think so. Guys aren't going to just come in off the street and pick up the offense quick enough to do any better than Lewis or Tuel could have. If Kolb wouldn't have gotten hurt late in preseason, the point would be moot. Of course, he'd still probably be out at this point and we'd still be playing Tuel because the china doll wouldn't have lasted long after replacing EJ after his injury.
Hasselbeck, off the street, as an example, would have won this game.

But we would have had him getting ready for the past 4 weeks.

Kolb is the china doll and always has been. Yet we banked on him as our legit #2 and then when he went down pre-season we had no legit #2. It should have been adequately resolved in the pre-season.

But Thad Lewis probably would have won this game too. Which to me makes him a solid #3 QB and no better.

Mace
11-03-2013, 03:23 PM
So Whaley gave them garbage to work with? I agree.

Marrone thinks he can throw the long ball. Truth is he can't reliably throw any ball. But that is also on Marrone. That said, a coach coaches who he has. Whaley gave him crap to start today.

No, he gave them a bunch of QB's, the staff has to be able to know what they are capable of. When Miami had Pennington with his shoulder made of macrame and wire, they didn't have him throwing downfield because he just couldn't do it, so they didn't call bombs. It looked pretty obvious Tuel doesn't have a long ball arm, touch or vision, so why pretend he does ?

Tuel is a tool (no pun intended), you don't try and pound a nail with a screwdriver.

X-Era
11-03-2013, 03:24 PM
I've been critical of this front office as much as anyone, but you're really grasping at straws.

Tuel is our FOURTH STRING quarterback. Most of the teams in the NFL carry two on the active roster. Nobody goes into a season prepared to handle the top 3 guys getting hurt. There isn't crap available out there.

Whaley had a legit backup on the roster with starting experience (Kevin Kolb). He got hurt.
They felt good about Thad Lewis, and he played OK for a 3rd stringer. He got hurt.
They signed Matt Flynn, but the coaching staff felt more comfortable starting Tuel today.Many of you are missing it. When Kolb went down we had no #2... The next man up concept isn't good enough. No team should EVER start a guy that's only as good as 4th string... that's a guy who isn't worth of the PS.

That's the point.

X-Era
11-03-2013, 03:26 PM
No, he gave them a bunch of QB's, the staff has to be able to know what they are capable of. When Miami had Pennington with his shoulder made of macrame and wire, they didn't have him throwing downfield because he just couldn't do it, so they didn't call bombs. It looked pretty obvious Tuel doesn't have a long ball arm, touch or vision, so why pretend he does ?

Tuel is a tool (no pun intended), you don't try and pound a nail with a screwdriver.So they gave them a guy who doesn't belong on an NFL field... I agree. We agree man.

Coaches can't make an NFL player out of anyone. That only goes so far. Tuel already showed in a previous real NFL game that he doesn't belong on an NFL field. Starting him again is conceding.

BuffaloRedleg
11-03-2013, 03:26 PM
That was the worst play I have ever seen in Buffalo Bills history.

Novacane
11-03-2013, 03:28 PM

Not sure where we should go though. Tuel was not sacked and even though Pears got beat several times our run O has been good all year.

WR? Yes I'd like another young, fast guy with size. Easley should just be gone. Graham nor Goodwin is good enough at outside #2 WR.

Not sure how you can say that about Goodwin. He's looking better every week. They can cut TJ for all I care.

TigerJ
And of course the six or so dropped passes had nothing to do with it, nor the fumble by TJ Graham that was returned for a touchdown.

Novacane
Many of you are missing it. When Kolb went down we had no #2... The next man up concept isn't good enough. No team should EVER start a guy that's only as good as 4th string... that's a guy who isn't worth of the PS.

That's the point.

Who should they have signed?

X-Era
11-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Not sure how you can say that about Goodwin. He's looking better every week. They can cut TJ for all I care.
Goodwin, right now, is worthy of being a #2 WR who starts on the outside opposite Wood and with Stevie in the slot? I don't see that.

mjt328
11-03-2013, 03:29 PM
All the momentum was lost on the goal line play. Run the ball again and take the points. Defense was playing good, 4 th string QB, dropped passes. Take the 10 point lead and protect the ball. This loss is on the coaching staff, not Tuel.

You can't blame the coaching staff every time a play doesn't work.

Stevie Johnson was WIDE open in the endzone. It should have been an easy touchdown and a 17-3 lead.

Instead, Tuel threw to a double-covered TJ Graham without even stopping to see if there was a defender. It was a terrible throw.

The coaching staff called a really good game today. They did a great job of supporting Tuel with a tremendous run game. But they kept it balanced enough and mixed up plays enough to keep KC from completely stacking against the run. I've blasted Hackett all season, but today he put the team in a great position to win. Everyone but the quarterback came out and played great. Unfortunately, it's probably what we should have expected with an UDFA who was technically the 4th string quarterback this season.

pmoon6
11-03-2013, 03:30 PM
The only Tools are Bills ***** Fans.

Total Offense

Chiefs - 210

Bills - 470

One bad play decided this game, the 14 point swing on the interception.

X-Era
11-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Classic answer. Go back to when Kolb went down. To me they had between then and now to provide a legit backup to EJ and competition for that spot with Thad.

Sign, trade for, doesn't matter. Tuel had no business being the starter today and Whaley is to blame for that.

kingJofNYC
11-03-2013, 03:32 PM
TJ Graham is the biggest waste of roster spot, Bradham is also completely ****ing useless.

Some of you are in for a rude awakening when EJ gets back, dude wasn't very good either. Team will always lose as long as our QBs play the way theyve been playing the last decade plus.

WagonCircler
11-03-2013, 03:34 PM

TeeeeeeBoooooowwwwwww!!! :topdog: Hahaha.

X-Era
11-03-2013, 03:35 PM

Total Offense

Chiefs - 210

Bills - 470

One bad play decided this game, the 14 point swing on the interception.So dominating in yardage lost us the game when one guy gave it away?

:clap: Thank you for unknowingly making my argument.

Wow, "tool" meet irony.

pmoon6
11-03-2013, 03:35 PM
That was the worst play I have ever seen in Buffalo Bills history.Derrick Holmes fumbling on the Green Bay one going in for a TD and then returned all the way back 99 yards is equal.

BuffaloRedleg
11-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Derrick Holmes fumbling on the Green Bay one going in for a TD and then returned all the way back 99 yards is equal.

Oh my god. I hate you for reminding me of that.

WagonCircler
11-03-2013, 03:36 PM

Total Offense

Chiefs - 210

Bills - 470

One bad play decided this game, the 14 point swing on the interception.

Two bad plays.

And some horrible play calling.

And six drops.

And some bad officiating.

If any one of the above goes the other way, the Bills win.

Which makes this loss even more soul sucking.

pmoon6
11-03-2013, 03:38 PM
So dominating in yardage lost us the game when one guy gave it away?

:clap: Thank you for unknowingly making my argument.I'm not making your argument. We outplayed the 8-0 Chiefs on both sides of the ball.

But, Boo ****ing Hoo, we lost.

That's why most Bills fans are whiny little pussies, they can't recognize a good effort, despite one bad play.

X-Era
11-03-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm not making your argument. We outplayed the 8-0 Chiefs on both sides of the ball.

But, Boo ****ing Hoo, we lost.

That's why most Bills fans are whiny little pussies, they can't recognize a good effort, despite one bad play.Your post still misses the mark while again agreeing with me.

Please re-read the OP.

Owen DeBoard
11-03-2013, 03:48 PM

- - - Updated - - -

and while i'm at it, where the f*** was the 6 trillion dollar line today. it was ok i guess, but not great
I think the line played great considering they were being held all day it got called at times also. Speaking of million dollar guys that think they desevre it Jarius Byrd when is he gonna show up and make a play. The ball was around him a lot today and he didnt do ****.

stuckincincy
11-03-2013, 03:51 PM

I don't know what people expect.

I know. They have suffered a guard injury for a few weeks, a db injury for a few weeks. A teek for a week for Spiller. A very fortunate team regarding injuries. I discount the qb injuries - the rules are so rigged for the pass game...a walk-on can walk in and get stats.

The rookie didn't suffer one sack against the vaunted KC defense. Passed for 239 yards. His offensive bunch out-gained KC 470 to 210 yards.

X-Era
11-03-2013, 03:53 PM

Stevie Johnson was WIDE open in the endzone. It should have been an easy touchdown and a 17-3 lead.

Instead, Tuel threw to a double-covered TJ Graham without even stopping to see if there was a defender. It was a terrible throw.

The coaching staff called a really good game today. They did a great job of supporting Tuel with a tremendous run game. But they kept it balanced enough and mixed up plays enough to keep KC from completely stacking against the run. I've blasted Hackett all season, but today he put the team in a great position to win. Everyone but the quarterback came out and played great. Unfortunately, it's probably what we should have expected with an UDFA who was technically the 4th string quarterback this season.
Don't totally disagree. But Tuel floated a ton of passes and there was no reason to have him throw it long on so many plays (which he missed badly). Especially when we ran all game and threw it long on a critical 4th and 3.

X-Era
11-03-2013, 03:54 PM
I know. They have suffered a guard injury for a few weeks, a db injury for a few weeks. A teek for a week for Spiller. A very fortunate team regarding injuries. I discount the qb injuries - the rules are so rigged for the pass game...a walk-on can walk in and get stats.

The rookie didn't suffer one sack against the vaunted KC defense. Passed for 239 yards. His offensive bunch out-gained KC 470 to 210 yards.
And yet we lost the game on his throw which was the worst throw I've seen in a decade of more from a Bill.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Derrick Holmes fumbling on the Green Bay one going in for a TD and then returned all the way back 99 yards is equal.

if memory serves me correctly, that was against SF in 1995. Lee Woodall if i'm not mistaken

Albany,n.y.
11-03-2013, 04:18 PM

That play on the 0.000005 yard line was the biggest pile of **** play I have ever seen. Add in the horrible throws to defenders and floating almost every throw he threw... He does not even belong on our practice squad.

The second EJ went down we should have been looking for a legit backup. Truly when Kolb went down we should have been looking for a legit experienced backup. Thad Lewis is a borderline quality backup, and we know Tuel is garbage. That means we were starting garbage and had plenty of time to fix that way back to 4 weeks ago when EJ went down.

QB doesn't matter... Run and stop the run... We did both and still lost because we had an inadequate QB. Tired of that garbage answer to inadequate QB play.

Now, if someone can tell me why we kept throwing deep with this pile of garbage at QB including a critical 4 and 3 I will be shocked. Defies all logic.

Dear Marrone, your next man up concept loses games when you next man is a pile of garbage. You had no business throwing with Tuel and especially on a 4th and 3.

As far as I'm concerned we now need two experienced quality vet QB's. Flynn may be one. But we need to be signing one tonight and releasing Tuel. Then Flynn, Thad, and the new guy can battle to be the backup to EJ and the runner up can be third string. The loser is cut.

Horrible. Horrible choice of talent. Horrible play. Horrible loss on an easily winnable game with an adequate backup QB.

By the time EJ & Kolb went down in pre-season, there were a ton of great FA QBs on the market. You're right-when you have guys like Namath, Kelly, Marino, Elway, Young & Montana out there, it's Whaley's fault none of them wanted to put the uniform on again. The man just doesn't have the power of persuasion a good GM needs to coax Hall of Famers out of retirement. Because, seriously, by the start of camp there are NO CURRENT VIABLE QBS LEFT!
You know who was left? Matt Leinart-and we signed him.
If you want to criticize Whaley or Nix for signing an injury waiting to happen in Kolb in the off season, you might have a legitimate point, but don't criticize the GM when all the QBs are gone already.
Horrible, horrible choice to criticize Whaley, who wasn't even the official GM when Kolb was signed. If this board had a groan option I would have hit your OP.

Meathead
11-03-2013, 04:19 PM
as a whole the team played plenty well enough to win the game fairly comfortably. in fact you could say the bills dominated the chefs. it was two monsterous plays that changed it from a win to a loss

even tuels performance was decent and in fact impressive at times, but with a couple of blindingly obvious exceptions. he showed he mentally knows the offense inside and out. the thing that concerns me greatly about him is how his throws seem to be prone to getting air under them, as they say. too many passes lost their steam and just hung out there. with more experience i think the game will slow down enough so that he can pull down from that badly developing wr screen to see stevie all alone. but that floating ball problem is going to doom any chance he has of sticking in the nfl if he doesnt get it corrected

BertSquirtgum
11-03-2013, 04:25 PM
as a whole the team played plenty well enough to win the game fairly comfortably. in fact you could say the bills dominated the chefs. it was two monsterous plays that changed it from a win to a loss

even tuels performance was decent and in fact impressive at times, but with a couple of blindingly obvious exceptions. he showed he mentally knows the offense inside and out. the thing that concerns me greatly about him is how his throws seem to be prone to getting air under them, as they say. too many passes lost their steam and just hung out there. with more experience i think the game will slow down enough so that he can pull down from that badly developing wr screen to see stevie all alone. but that floating ball problem is going to doom any chance he has of sticking in the nfl if he doesnt get it corrected

You just lost all credibility in this post with that bolded part. He made ONE impressive play, and that was the touchdown pass to Goodwin. The rest were either overthrown or underthrown. The passes that were good were dropped so that sucked.

Mr. Pink
11-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Sad part is that INT by Tuel should have never happened...

The Bills were gifted a Pass Interference call on Chandler and a new series of downs on an uncatchable pass.

It would have been 13-3 instead of 10-10 if that pass interference call didn't happen.

don137
11-03-2013, 04:38 PM
I think Manuel also deserves blame. It was a boneheaded decision to not run out of bounds after he got the first down on the play he was injured. His injury has hurt the Bills and his development.a healthy Manuel and the Chiefs would be 8-1.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Whaley took a massive gamble when they cut tarvaris Jackson to keep glass jaw kolb. And we are seeing the results.

pmoon6
11-03-2013, 04:55 PM
if memory serves me correctly, that was against SF in 1995. Lee Woodall if i'm not mistakenYou're right. I couldn't remember if it was SF or GB, but I hate the 49ers, so I went with the Pack.

Albany,n.y.
11-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Whaley took a massive gamble when they cut tarvaris Jackson to keep glass jaw kolb. And we are seeing the results.

I can agree with this a lot more than expecting him to come up with a QB in August.
Maybe if Chan doesn't mothball Jackson in favor of his boy Thigpen, the Bills don't ever sign Kolb.

WagonCircler
11-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Whaley took a massive gamble when they cut tarvaris Jackson

I keep seeing people say this, as though Tarvaris Jackson has proven anything. I've heard from people very close to the situation that he was dumber than dog poop and refused to even study the playbook.

It's not like they cut Brett Favre. Tarvaris Jackson sucks Trent Edwards balls.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-03-2013, 05:12 PM
You're right. I couldn't remember if it was SF or GB, but I hate the 49ers, so I went with the Pack.

the pathetic thing is the reason I remember is that this game happened while i was in 8th grade. and i bet my 49er acquaintance $5 (which was a lot of money to me at the time) that the bills would keep the game within 2 touchdowns and I won.

X-Era
11-03-2013, 05:13 PM
By the time EJ & Kolb went down in pre-season, there were a ton of great FA QBs on the market. You're right-when you have guys like Namath, Kelly, Marino, Elway, Young & Montana out there, it's Whaley's fault none of them wanted to put the uniform on again. The man just doesn't have the power of persuasion a good GM needs to coax Hall of Famers out of retirement. Because, seriously, by the start of camp there are NO CURRENT VIABLE QBS LEFT!
You know who was left? Matt Leinart-and we signed him.
If you want to criticize Whaley or Nix for signing an injury waiting to happen in Kolb in the off season, you might have a legitimate point, but don't criticize the GM when all the QBs are gone already.
Horrible, horrible choice to criticize Whaley, who wasn't even the official GM when Kolb was signed. If this board had a groan option I would have hit your OP.
We started an undrafted free agent rookie today who has already stunk up the field once this year for us.

There is zero excuse for that. That choice cost us the game.

EJ was hurt BEFORE Kolb. At that point way back then we should have been able to evaluate Tuel and known he had no business on an NFL roster or even competing. But instead we liked what we saw when fake bullets were flying and put him on the 53 to "protect" him.

Thad Lewis was available since day one of training camp. He was out there back in May 28th on waivers. That's after the draft, with rookie EJ in place. We signed Kolb on the 30th. Jeff Tuel was a guy we liked out of college that was undrafted and that we were stuck on having on our team. That was our choice way back in TC. And he has been forced to start and has lost us each game hes played in.

It shouldn't have happened from the start.

jpdex12
11-03-2013, 05:45 PM
This thread is a perfect example of why I don't frequent this site much anymore. Think before you post. Don't post stupid *****.go back and name a QB we could have signed that was better than Brian Hoyer. You mention Flynn as an experienced vet QB? He can't keep a job with the raiders and he's competent enough for you? Good grief. You really show bad knowledge for football and coaching decisions. Think before you post dude. I know we are 3-6 but anyone with a bit of knowledge can see this team is headed in the right direction. We're going to be alright. Just hang in there.

Mace
11-03-2013, 05:50 PM

I was sort of startled to see Tuel doesn't throw a good ball. He just doesn't. If it's a tight spiral and overthrows or underthrows with a rocket, if he's just inaccurate but the ball is fired, you can help that. But his passes float like helium, short, long, intermediate, the nose of the ball doesn't even stay down and I can't even understand why that happens. He just can't throw. Fitzpatrick was head smart and his arm couldn't finish where his eyes were looking on short and intermediate, he tried to fire it harder, which he could but it still wasn't on target.

Tuel is just like a softball pitcher in a hardball game, there's nothing there no matter how well he knows the playbook.

Albany,n.y.
11-03-2013, 05:51 PM
We started an undrafted free agent rookie today who has already stunk up the field once this year for us.

There is zero excuse for that. That choice cost us the game.

EJ was hurt BEFORE Kolb. At that point way back then we should have been able to evaluate Tuel and known he had no business on an NFL roster or even competing. But instead we liked what we saw when fake bullets were flying and put him on the 53 to "protect" him.

Thad Lewis was available since day one of training camp. He was out there back in May 28th on waivers. That's after the draft, with rookie EJ in place. We signed Kolb on the 30th. Jeff Tuel was a guy we liked out of college that was undrafted and that we were stuck on having on our team. That was our choice way back in TC. And he has been forced to start and has lost us each game hes played in.

It shouldn't have happened from the start.

I agree with you that Tuel has no business on a 53 man NFL roster, BUT...
Kolb was signed before the draft (officially it was early April, the draft is late April)
Manuel was drafted at the end of April
Thad Lewis hit the waiver wire on 5/22 & was claimed by Detroit. With Manuel & Kolb already in the fold & Tarvaris Jackson still with the team until June, why would the Bills have put in a claim for Thad Lewis in May?
So, when EJ got injured after the exhibition season started, they thought they'd weather the storm until Kolb was ready from the wet mat incident. Then came the Kolb concussion. By then the best QB out there was Leinart-we sign him & traded for Thad Lewis. Both got cut-a bad decision to keep Tuel over Lewis? Maybe, but they knew Lewis could be re-signed at any time & Tuel hadn't been as exposed as he is today, so they feared they'd lose him on waivers. Now I do agree they shouldn't have feared that but while it may have cost us the Cleveland game, it didn't today. After EJ went down they tried to sign Freeman but Minnesota promised him a better chance to play beyond a few weeks & they continued to try to get better than Tuel when they signed Flynn and for whatever reason, they decided he wasn't worth starting today. Maybe the problem is Flynn doesn't belong in the NFL any more than Tuel does-we're not at practices, so we don't know if Flynn has any clue how to run the offense. We also have Dennis Dixon on the practice squad & he must not be showing very much either, but by now it's all scraps and nothing else left as far as available QBs go.
So, I still have to disagree that any of these injuries & subsequent decisions on who to sign can be blamed on Whaley. The big problem was that the veteran and rookie #1 pick both got injured after all viable QBs were gone. A lot of teams have only 2 QBs on the 53 man roster. We have 4 and another guy on the practice squad & have already signed & released Leinart after the injuries happened. You can blame Whaley for not being Nostradamus-I won't.

Mace
11-03-2013, 06:03 PM
I agree with you that Tuel has no business on a 53 man NFL roster, BUT...
Kolb was signed before the draft (officially it was early April, the draft is late April)
Manuel was drafted at the end of April
Thad Lewis hit the waiver wire on 5/22 & was claimed by Detroit. With Manuel & Kolb already in the fold & Tarvaris Jackson still with the team until June, why would the Bills have put in a claim for Thad Lewis in May?
So, when EJ got injured after the exhibition season started, they thought they'd weather the storm until Kolb was ready from the wet mat incident. Then came the Kolb concussion. By then the best QB out there was Leinart-we sign him & traded for Thad Lewis. Both got cut-a bad decision to keep Tuel over Lewis? Maybe, but they knew Lewis could be re-signed at any time & Tuel hadn't been as exposed as he is today, so they feared they'd lose him on waivers. Now I do agree they shouldn't have feared that but while it may have cost us the Cleveland game, it didn't today. After EJ went down they tried to sign Freeman but Minnesota promised him a better chance to play beyond a few weeks & they continued to try to get better than Tuel when they signed Flynn and for whatever reason, they decided he wasn't worth starting today. Maybe the problem is Flynn doesn't belong in the NFL any more than Tuel does-we're not at practices, so we don't know if Flynn has any clue how to run the offense. We also have Dennis Dixon on the practice squad & he must not be showing very much either, but by now it's all scraps and nothing else left as far as available QBs go.
So, I still have to disagree that any of these injuries & subsequent decisions on who to sign can be blamed on Whaley. The big problem was that the veteran and rookie #1 pick both got injured after all viable QBs were gone. A lot of teams have only 2 QBs on the 53 man roster. We have 4 and another guy on the practice squad & have already signed & released Leinart after the injuries happened. You can blame Whaley for not being Nostradamus-I won't.

I still don't see where it has anything to do with Whaley.

Albany,n.y.
11-03-2013, 06:09 PM

Neither do I, but X-Era does. He blames Whaley for not signing the top 50 NFL QBs.

Mace
11-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Neither do I, but X-Era does. He blames Whaley for not signing the top 50 NFL QBs.

But we already signed 10 percent of them. I can't even remember a Bills team with more QB's than we have in various states of maybe. It makes me laugh when teams are trying to sign QB's now because we have all of them and they're going to have to sign Trent Edwards, Vince Young or Jamarcus Russell.

The Jokeman
11-03-2013, 06:25 PM

RT Pears hs good but not great would I look to draft one yeah but you don't take RT in the 1st Round of drafts.

Aaron Williams is a depth player yet I can't see us investing a high pick on S being we just drafted two of them last year.

I agree another CB couldn't hurt but not sure would go with one in the 1st.

OLB Ding Ding Ding. You hit the spot and player I think we could go with.

TE is another need and not sure anyone warrants a top 10/15 pick.

WR Again like S we invested two picks last year I can't see us going for another one in the coming draft.

Mr. Pink
11-03-2013, 06:28 PM

I get it partially....

But when you get to the third string QB, which is what Tuel was going into this season, what do you expect you're actually gonna have out of the guy?

The miss was bringing in injury prone Kolb and thinking he would either start or be the backup not who was kept as a third stringer.

Mace
11-03-2013, 06:29 PM
I don't even know why we really need defensive players if Pettine would just tell the ones we have to tackle people who have the ball if it seems they are running near anyone who can tackle them.

BuffaloRedleg
11-03-2013, 06:33 PM
I'm like 4 bloody marrys in and ****ing sick of games like this. I don't want to argue, that 100 yard INT was the worst Bills play since Music City Miracle.

I default to whatever Mace's opinion is because he's usually ****ing right. And for ****'s sake even when he's not right at least he's funny.

-drops mic, passes out drunk-

Mace
11-03-2013, 06:35 PM
I get it partially....

But when you get to the third string QB, which is what Tuel was going into this season, what do you expect you're actually gonna have out of the guy?

The miss was bringing in injury prone Kolb and thinking he would either start or be the backup not who was kept as a third stringer.

Well honestly, it's not what you expect you will get out of him so much as knowing what you won't get out of him.

Mr. Pink
11-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Well honestly, it's not what you expect you will get out of him so much as knowing what you won't get out of him.

That's a coaching fail to not hide him as much as possible. You play/gameplan to your strengths and hide your weaknesses as much as possible. Unfortunately this staff goes by the next man in philosophy and the gameplans/play calling is no different regardless of who's behind center. It's a flawed philosophy when you get to a guy, Tuel, who has no business even being in the NFL.

Mace
11-03-2013, 06:53 PM
That's a coaching fail to not hide him as much as possible. You play/gameplan to your strengths and hide your weaknesses as much as possible. Unfortunately this staff goes by the next man in philosophy and the gameplans/play calling is no different regardless of who's behind center. It's a flawed philosophy when you get to a guy, Tuel, who has no business even being in the NFL.

I agree and posted this earlier in whatever thread or 4. It's not particularly Tuel's fault for being Tuel.

The thing is...Tuel may well look like he belongs if you manage your playcalls. His floaters were fine when unexpected, and if you have a D teeing off on Smith with a 13-3 lead, you may well think he'd be pitching unexpected successful floaters time to time.

After this game and that Johnson open/pick 6, I don't think the guy has the stuff, but if you are going to play him you get it and hide him as much as possible, you don't keep him throwing, Pink, the game wasn't that lost yet.

X-Era
11-03-2013, 07:34 PM
I get it partially....

I think it's both. During TC, we had no idea whether EJ would be garbage in real games and we knew Kolb is injury prone which makes Tuel our solution as the #3? That's a joke that has cost us games.

Luck was not on our side but we had plenty of opportunities to upgrade Tuel and haven't until we added Flynn and too late to make any impact on this game.

An undrafted UFA should not be the option as backup to an injury prone Kolb and a rookie in EJ.

X-Era
11-03-2013, 07:37 PM
I agree and posted this earlier in whatever thread or 4. It's not particularly Tuel's fault for being Tuel.

The thing is...Tuel may well look like he belongs if you manage your playcalls. His floaters were fine when unexpected, and if you have a D teeing off on Smith with a 13-3 lead, you may well think he'd be pitching unexpected successful floaters time to time.

After this game and that Johnson open/pick 6, I don't think the guy has the stuff, but if you are going to play him you get it and hide him as much as possible, you don't keep him throwing, Pink, the game wasn't that lost yet.Are you serious man? His floaters are fine when unexpected? I'm sorry but I'd like our QB to throw at our receivers rather than the defenders... Just me. Really? No NFL QB should blow that easy TD for a pick 6. They either don't throw it and get the FG or hit Stevie for the easy TD.

That's unacceptable in the NFL.

Really? Like successfully running the ball all game because your QB sucks? We did that. We asked very little and he totally blew it. And then, and this is where I agree with you, we asked the off-target-all-day Tuel to continue to hit long throws like the 4th and 3.

QB is a critical position. We ran and stopped the run. But when your next man up is garbage you lose.

X-Era
11-03-2013, 07:49 PM
"Jeff Tuel: "It's 100 percent on me""

Agreed.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Jeff-Tuel-Its-100-percent-on-me/5326513d-8ace-48f3-91cc-d6fbebb51c5e

X-Era
11-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Marrones presser called it like it is. He knows like we do what happened.

To be honest, I could see Tuel getting released for this.

Mace
11-03-2013, 08:17 PM
“You look at the stats, and I think all you can do as a coach is call the plays,” Chandler said. “Obviously they put us in good position on a lot of plays. At the end of the day we’ve got to execute in crucial situations.”

“You just kind of shake your head and think about what we can do better next time,” center Eric Wood said.

This upset me even more. It's old, we've been hearing this for years, and you do your damn job better. Maybe they do kind of shake their head and think about what they can do better next time, I'd rather we hired people that actually did things better next time. You don't just shake your head in wonder at how you didn't win like it's a mystery.

Oh this week upset me.

justasportsfan
11-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Hasselbeck, off the street, as an example, would have won this game.

But we would have had him getting ready for the past 4 weeks.

Kolb is the china doll and always has been. Yet we banked on him as our legit #2 and then when he went down pre-season we had no legit #2. It should have been adequately resolved in the pre-season.

But Thad Lewis probably would have won this game too. Which to me makes him a solid #3 QB and no better.

no one would have won this game when the wrs are dropping balls

BertSquirtgum
11-03-2013, 08:47 PM
no one would have won this game when the wrs are dropping balls

there were six dropped passes and there were double as many overthrows and under throws

justasportsfan
11-03-2013, 08:52 PM
there were six dropped passes and there were double as many overthrows and under throws

if Woods catches the ball in the endzone and we didnt fumble the ball that was returned for a td ,we win. Yes, our undrafted qb didnt look great vs one of the leagues top D but the wrs didn't help him either. Neither EJ nor Thad could have bailed us out.

Mace
11-03-2013, 09:01 PM
I just read Marrone's comments. So sad and inopportune, feel the rage and learn from it. Yeah Doug, worse when you've eaten it a decade. They're upset and disconsolate, they aren't going to get a hug from me. They just aren't any more. Stop doing stupid things, stop it now. Other teams manage to be less stupid, this is not unachievable.

Oh this game upset me.

X-Era
11-04-2013, 05:32 AM
no one would have won this game when the wrs are dropping ballsWhen you run that well all you need to do is punch the ball in instead of the pick 6 and we win.

CarolinaBill99
11-04-2013, 05:40 AM

You're second paragraph is exactly what I am referring to. We are running the ball and playing good defense. The only score by KC to that point was the other Tuel turnover. In a high pressure, critical point of the game, you put the ball in the hands of Fred Jackson and take whatever points you can get. You don't rely on your rookie free agent QB to make the fast read.

X-Era
11-04-2013, 05:44 AM
You're second paragraph is exactly what I am referring to. We are running the ball and playing good defense. The only score by KC to that point was the other Tuel turnover. In a high pressure, critical point of the game, you put the ball in the hands of Fred Jackson and take whatever points you can get. You don't rely on your rookie free agent QB to make the fast read.Agreed. I think that the pick 6 wasn't the low light for what you're talking about. I think it was the 4th and 3. You don't trust him to make that long throw. The pick 6 was an easy read and throw that any real QB makes. No excuse for that. I haven't seen anything that pathetic in many many years. Wouldn't surprise me if he's cut when EJ starts practicing. Nothing personal. He simply isn't good enough for the NFL.

pmoon6
11-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Encapsulation of the thread: Boo Hoo, we lost and blame must be accessed. Then the couch potatoes vent their spleens with hubris.

Pinkerton Security
11-04-2013, 07:43 AM
A front office to have provided a legit backup way back when Kolb went down.

- - - Updated - - -

A front office to have provided a legit backup way back when Kolb went down.

do you mean someone like Thad Lewis? What are you not understanding? We have 2 (probably 3) better options at QB, all of which Whaley brought in, except 2 are hurt and 1 has been on the team for about 2 weeks. If you want to blame Whaley for Thad and EJ getting hurt, then yes, he is at fault.

justasportsfan
11-04-2013, 07:59 AM
When you run that well all you need to do is punch the ball in instead of the pick 6 and we win.

which falls to what I am saying. It wasn't all Tuels fault.

X-Era
11-04-2013, 09:07 AM
do you mean someone like Thad Lewis? What are you not understanding? We have 2 (probably 3) better options at QB, all of which Whaley brought in, except 2 are hurt and 1 has been on the team for about 2 weeks. If you want to blame Whaley for Thad and EJ getting hurt, then yes, he is at fault.I'll make it easy.

Thad Lewis is a #3 QB. Whaley never filled the #2 QB position when Kolb got injured.

justasportsfan
11-04-2013, 09:09 AM
I'll make it easy.

Thad Lewis is a #3 QB. Whaley never filled the #2 QB position when Kolb got injured.

who was available after Kolb went down? You may think Thad is a no. 3 but he wasn't playing any better or worse than our no.1

EDS
11-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Whaley isn't responsible for the QB depth or lack thereof...

That would be Buddy Nix and Riss Brandon.

Who cut Travaris Jackson?

X-Era
11-04-2013, 09:14 AM
who was available after Kolb went down? You may think Thad is a no. 3 but he wasn't playing any better or worse than our no.1The second Kolb went down we had no #1 or #2 QB. Desperate times call for desperate measures unless you're willing to forfeit wins. If that means trading a draft pick for a proven vet or young vet, so be it.

Now, I'll play this game where I give you a name and you then tell me a) we could never get him or b) he's crap for a very short period of time.

A guy like Nick Foles is an example of someone who has shown in real NFL games that he can win. That is someone who only now has proven he probably can even be a #1. Back then he was speculated to be a guy a team might trade for. Matt Hasselbeck is another guy who can win you games but is no longer a #1.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Encapsulation of the thread: Boo Hoo, we lost and blame must be accessed. Then the couch potatoes vent their spleens with hubris.

Seriously, moonie? At what point would you finally accept that criticism of this team is warranted? 15 seasons without playoffs? 20? 25?

who was available after Kolb went down? You may think Thad is a no. 3 but he wasn't playing any better or worse than our no.1

The point is not to wait until Kolb went down because anyone with half a brain knew the guy was in injury waiting to happen. Keep Jackson over Kolb and I doubt anyone on this board even knows the name "Thad Lewis" or "Jeff Tuel."

justasportsfan
11-04-2013, 09:21 AM
The second Kolb went down we had no #1 or #2 QB. Desperate times call for desperate measures unless you're willing to forfeit wins. If that means trading a draft pick for a proven vet or young vet, so be it.

Now, I'll play this game where I give you a name and you then tell me a) we could never get him or b) he's crap for a very short period of time.

A guy like Nick Foles is an example of someone who has shown in real NFL games that he can win. That is someone who only now has proven he probably can even be a #1. Back then he was speculated to be a guy a team might trade for. Matt Hasselbeck is another guy who can win you games but is no longer a #1.

Really? Foles was as unproven as anyone we have on the team and he would have cost us a draft pick. If Foles is your answer then we shouldn't have drafted EJ.

It's easy to play hindsight 20/20 GM . I'm surprised you havent come up with "we should've traded FJ for Foles"

pmoon6
11-04-2013, 09:22 AM
The second Kolb went down we had no #1 or #2 QB. Desperate times call for desperate measures unless you're willing to forfeit wins. If that means trading a draft pick for a proven vet or young vet, so be it.

A guy like Nick Foles is an example of someone who has shown in real NFL games that he can win. That is someone who only now has proven he probably can even be a #1. Back then he was speculated to be a guy a team might trade for. Matt Hasselbeck is another guy who can win you games but is no longer a #1.That presumes that the other team(s) are willing to trade. Do you really think Philly was going to trade Foles given Vick's injury history? Do you know that Hasselbeck wants to suit up at 38?

You also don't know who Whaley talked to.

This isn't Madden 25. You may be a kickass GM in the game (it's in the game), but in the real world things are a bit more complicated.

pmoon6
11-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Seriously, moonie? At what point would you finally accept that criticism of this team is warranted? 15 seasons without playoffs? 20? 25?"Yes, seriously. We have been competitive this season in almost every game. And I'm fine with some criticism of the team, but it's not.

It's crybaby bull**** because X,Y,Z poster didn't get their warm fuzzy yesterday and couldn't rub their pecker on the TV screen.

X-Era
11-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Really? Foles was as unproven as anyone we have on the team and he would have cost us a draft pick. If Foles is your answer then we shouldn't have drafted EJ.

It's easy to play hindsight 20/20 GM . I'm surprised you havent come up with "we should've traded FJ for Foles" What are you talking about? Foles played in 7 games last year.

And back then he would not have been considered anything more than a legit backup. But he would have been looked at as a guy who might be able to push for the starting job if EJ was garbage.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Yes, seriously. We have been competitive this season in almost every game. And I'm fine with some criticism of the team, but it's not.

It's crybaby bull**** because X,Y,Z poster didn't get their warm fuzzy yesterday and couldn't rub their pecker on the TV screen.

Such as?

X-Era
11-04-2013, 09:34 AM
That presumes that the other team(s) are willing to trade. Do you really think Philly was going to trade Foles given Vick's injury history? Do you know that Hasselbeck wants to suit up at 38?

You also don't know who Whaley talked to.

This isn't Madden 25. You may be a kickass GM in the game (it's in the game), but in the real world things are a bit more complicated.Whaley is responsible for putting enough talent on the field to win games. Period. Yesterday he failed the team by having to resort to a guy who does not belong in the NFL at all. That is the point. Tuel cost us the game. Whaley put us in jeopardy of losing it by not providing a better option.

I'm fine with how we're progressing. I like where we are headed. I think EJ is just fine and may be the solution. I love the defense.

But yesterday, starting Tuel is a slap in the face to the rest of the team and he alone was the major reason we lost.

As far as whining and crying and all the rest of the BS the only reason I made the thread is because of how putrid that pick 6 was. It was so horrible that it fired me up to this point. You'll rarely see a thread like this from me. I don't blow up every time we've lost this year. Like I said, I really like where we're headed.

pmoon6
11-04-2013, 09:35 AM
Such as?The hot peanuts they sell at the Ralph are stale and the beer is watered down.

pmoon6
11-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Whaley is responsible for putting enough talent on the field to win games. Period. Yesterday he failed the team by having to resort to a guy who does not belong in the NFL at all. That is the point. Tuel cost us the game. Whaley put us in jeopardy of losing it by not providing a better option.

I'm fine with how we're progressing. I like where we are headed. I think EJ is just fine and may be the solution. I love the defense.

But yesterday, starting Tuel is a slap in the face to the rest of the team and he alone was the major reason we lost.Maybe, given his Pittsburgh connection he could have traded for Ben Roethlisberger.

X-Era
11-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Maybe, given his Pittsburgh connection he could have traded for Ben Roethlisberger.And while raping a cheerleader on the sidelines he probably still could have hit Stevie in the endzone.

I despise Roth.

justasportsfan
11-04-2013, 09:42 AM
What are you talking about? Foles played in 7 games last year.

And back then he would not have been considered anything more than a legit backup. But he would have been looked at as a guy who might be able to push for the starting job if EJ was garbage.

if you knew that EJ would be injured then you have a leg to stand on about decisions Whaley made at the back up position. You don't. No one could have predicted the injuries and blaming Whaley is just looking for a scapegoat.

pmoon6
11-04-2013, 09:46 AM
As far as whining and crying and all the rest of the BS the only reason I made the thread is because of how putrid that pick 6 was. It was so horrible that it fired me up to this point. You'll rarely see a thread like this from me. I don't blow up every time we've lost this year. Like I said, I really like where we're headed.I understand and you'll have to forgive me for giving you ****. However, the torrent of negativity that inundates these boards is palpable.

If anyone thought we were making the playoffs with a rookie HC, rookie QB and numerous changes was delusional. I like what I have seen so far and I think we as fans need to give the team support and look at the positives.

X-Era
11-04-2013, 09:47 AM
if you knew that EJ would be injured then you have a leg to stand on about decisions Whaley made at the back up position. You don't. No one could have predicted the injuries and blaming Whaley is just looking for a scapegoat.When Kolb went down EJ was already out. We had no #1 or #2 at that point. EJ went out yet again 4 weeks ago. And we again had no #1 and no #2. He never adequately replaced the #2 QB loss opened up by Kolb. Lewis played 1 NFL game when we signed him and Tuel has already shown he isn't worthy of the NFL.

Flynn might actually be a decent signing and someone who could become a solid backup for us. But as of right now he's still only a #3 and he isn't ready to play yet.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-04-2013, 09:48 AM
if you knew that EJ would be injured then you have a leg to stand on about decisions Whaley made at the back up position. You don't. No one could have predicted the injuries and blaming Whaley is just looking for a scapegoat.

You absolutely CAN predict an injury to Kolb and many of us did.

pmoon6
11-04-2013, 09:49 AM
You absolutely CAN predict an injury to Kolb and many of us did.You be thuper thmart.

X-Era
11-04-2013, 09:50 AM
I understand and you'll have to forgive me for giving you ****. However, the torrent of negativity that inundates these boards is palpable.

If anyone thought we were making the playoffs with a rookie HC, rookie QB and numerous changes was delusional. I like what I have seen so far and I think we as fans need to give the team support and look at the positives.I agree with everything you just said. Again, maybe I should not have posted this. I was just furious at how bad that play was. I vented.

I never felt like we would be a playoff team this year. I thought it was possible and it might still be if we win out. Our schedule is much easier for a while until the Fins game at home and the Pats game as our final game. I can see us going to the Pats game with 9 wins. I think that is still very possible.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-04-2013, 09:53 AM
You be thuper thmart.

When you look at a guy who's never finished a season and can barely stay healthy for a month as your "veteran backup" then you are taking a massive gamble.

You keep whining and calling it pessimism or anti-fandom or whatever. I call it basic logical reasoning. The guy couldn't stay healthy for the previous 5 years, why would we assume he would suddenly get more durable here?

pmoon6
11-04-2013, 09:56 AM
I agree with everything you just said. Again, maybe I should not have posted this. I was just furious at how bad that play was. I vented.

I never felt like we would be a playoff team this year. I thought it was possible and it might still be if we win out. Our schedule is much easier for a while until the Fins game at home and the Pats game as our final game. I can see us going to the Pats game with 9 wins. I think that is still very possible.You are forgiven, LOL, but it was a lively and entertaining thread.

I like watching this team play. My heart pumps like it hasn't for a couple years. After all, it is just entertainment and I'm thoroughly entertained.

pmoon6
11-04-2013, 10:00 AM
When you look at a guy who's never finished a season and can barely stay healthy for a month as your "veteran backup" then you are taking a massive gamble.

You keep whining and calling it pessimism or anti-fandom or whatever. I call it basic logical reasoning. The guy couldn't stay healthy for the previous 5 years, why would we assume he would suddenly get more durable here?Maybe that's why I never became a lawyer. I go on the premise that things will get better despite logic or reason. I also don't get upset about things I cannot control.

Just call my stance, point/counterpoint. I'm going against the grain of popular opinion here.

cookie G
11-10-2013, 02:39 PM

Well...I think EJ just trumped Tuel after this game.

Sorry.

As far as the whole "worst QB of of the decade" blah, blah blah....EJ had a typical Trent Edwards game today. And I don't mean that in a good way.

If he doesn't improve rapidly...this team has more to worry about than its 4th string QB.

I'll chalk this game up to rust and hope for the best.

justasportsfan
11-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Well...I think EJ just trumped Tuel after this game.

Sorry.

As far as the whole "worst QB of of the decade" blah, blah blah....EJ had a typical Trent Edwards game today. And I don't mean that in a good way.

If he doesn't improve rapidly...this team has more to worry about than its 4th string QB.

I'll chalk this game up to rust and hope for the best.

Tuel had the same amount of practice. 1 week but Ej had more experience.

Everyone that blasted Tuel owe him an aplogy. Now I see why they insist on developing him, he seems further in his development than Ej with way less snaps

cookie G
11-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Tuel had the same amount of practice. 1 week but Ej had more experience.

Everyone that blasted Tuel owe him an aplogy. Now I see why they insist on developing him, he seems further in his development than Ej with way less snaps

This thread was so far over the top when it was started. If Manuel had started last week and played like today...it would have been a shutout. There wouldn't have been a pick 6, because he wouldn't have gotten near the redzone. Tuel at least moved the ball.

This really isn't hating on Manuel, he's still a rookie..but if nothing else, the Trent Edwards impersonation has to end quickly. Teams are just going to do like they did today...everyone on D hanging within 10 yards of the LOS and crushing receivers when a pass is thrown. It destroys the running game too.

And yes, Tuel was slammed pretty hard..for someone making his first start, and who actually moved the ball.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-10-2013, 03:30 PM
This thread was so far over the top when it was started. If Manuel had started last week and played like today...it would have been a shutout. There wouldn't have been a pick 6, because he wouldn't have gotten near the redzone. Tuel at least moved the ball.

This really isn't hating on Manuel, he's still a rookie..but if nothing else, the Trent Edwards impersonation has to end quickly. Teams are just going to do like they did today...everyone on D hanging within 10 yards of the LOS and crushing receivers when a pass is thrown. It destroys the running game too.

And yes, Tuel was slammed pretty hard..for someone making his first start, and who actually moved the ball.

not defending either quarterback but did Tuel move the ball well, or did the over 200 yards of rushing move it well?

Mr. Pink
11-10-2013, 03:30 PM
I apologize to Tuel.

We would have had a better chance winning today with him playing than EJ.

Inexcusable pick 6 aside, he still looks more like an NFL QB than EJ.

justasportsfan
11-10-2013, 03:34 PM
not defending either quarterback but did Tuel move the ball well, or did the over 200 yards of rushing move it well?

Better than Ejs 50 + 1st half yards.

cookie G
11-10-2013, 03:34 PM

The ability to throw the ball more than 3 yards past the LOS helped the run game immensely.

One feeds off the other..and this is no big secret.

But if you think you are going to back a team out of the box by throwing a 3 yard pass, you're kidding yourself.

Did you notice that the running game is actually better when Manuel doesn't play?

There is a reason for that.

Oaf
11-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Tuel wasn't exactly bailed out by Chandler last game either who picked an awesome time to lay an egg.