X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalo Thriller
    • Sep 2010

You have to draft a QB next year.

I'm not saying you grab a guy in the 1st round, but something's gotta give. If EJ is our guy that's great but we see what happens when he goes down. Tuel doesn't belong on the PS not to mention the NFL. Flynn was beat out by Russell Wilson and Pryor. Thad is a 3rd stringer at best. So why wouldn't you draft one next year, especially one as deep as the upcoming class? Guys like Derek Carr, AJ McCarron, or Aaron Murray. All of those guys are legitimate QBs who may even be better than EJ.
    Last edited by Buffalo Thriller; 11-03-2013, 04:30 PM.
    Originally posted by OpIv37
    You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: You have to draft a QB next year.

Depends on how EJ looks the rest of the year

Comment

• pmoon6
      Legendary Zoner
      • Dec 2002

More idiocy.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Buffalo Thriller View Post
        I'm not saying you grab a guy in the 1st round, but something's gotta give. If EJ is our guy that's great but we see what happens when he goes down. Tuel doesn't belong on the PS not to mention the NFL. Flynn was beat out by Russell Wilson and Pryor. Thad is a 3rd stringer at best. So why wouldn't you draft one next year, especially one as deep as the upcoming class? Guys like Derek Carr, AJ McCarron, or Aaron Murray. All of those guys are legitimate QBs who may even be better than EJ.
        Many of us argued we should have done it this year.

Only way I agree is if we can't sign a legit #2 vet backup prior to the draft... which I think is very possible.

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

I can't necessarily agree. Lewis is young and proven competive enough to be a number 2 QB, makes Tuel expendable imho. They can figure who the vet will be among Kolb, Dixon and Flynn, if, big IF, Manuel can play out the year capably when he comes back.

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
            More idiocy.
            It's not idiocy to have depth at a position. The only way to do so is through FA or the draft. I guess your happy with the street queens we seem to find and hand them the playbook.
            You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

I disagree.

I think we have to draft two QBs.

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                I can't necessarily agree. Lewis is young and proven competive enough to be a number 2 QB, makes Tuel expendable imho. They can figure who the vet will be among Kolb, Dixon and Flynn, if, big IF, Manuel can play out the year capably when he comes back.
                I won't disagree with this. But, I want competition. The #3 QB spot shouldn't be a throw away. Today's starter was a #4 who should never have even been a #3. And this year then shows that we had better be more on the ball when we lose our #2... Next guy up implies starting from within which means you quality of starter goes down and down.
                Last edited by X-Era; 11-03-2013, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• pmoon6
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Dec 2002

It's not idiocy to have depth at a position. The only way to do so is through FA or the draft. I guess your happy with the street queens we seem to find and hand them the playbook.
                  Let's see, Tuel has ONE NFL start and did OK considering. Manuel has been OK in 5 Total starts. We have been competitive in almost every game. But, you and others are ready to give up on them already.

The typical NFL fan does not appreciate competitive players learning on the job, they want wins.....and they want them yesterday.

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                    Let's see, Tuel has ONE NFL start and did OK considering. Manuel has been OK in 5 Total starts. We have been competitive in almost every game. But, you and others are ready to give up on them already.

The typical NFL fan does not appreciate competitive players learning on the job, they want wins.....and they want them yesterday.
                    I agree that Manuel has done fine, but Tuel is not gonna last in this league nor should he. All I'm saying is the QB position on this team backup wise is not where it should be and should be addressed in the upcoming draft.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

It is not idiocy to draft another QB or even two next year.

Tuel's not an NFL QB. Thad Lewis is a journeyman and sadly may be the best QB on the roster. Even if Manuel is better he's now injury prone with two bad knees and how much confidence can you put on his knees holding up for an entire season let alone 5-7 seasons?

The most important position on the field you need results and you need a guy who doesn't get hurt constantly. So you might as well keep drafting them until you get one.

If Tajh Boyd is available at the pick, he better be walking up to the podium holding a Bills jersey.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                        • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                        If Tajh Boyd is available at the pick, he better be walking up to the podium holding a Bills jersey.
                        We look like we are heading for a 6-10 season. Boyd will be available at 12th overall?

We will draft a Safety to replace Byrd -- anything to avoid drafting OL.

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                          We look like we are heading for a 6-10 season. Boyd will be available at 12th overall?

We will draft a Safety to replace Byrd -- anything to avoid drafting OL.
                          Yeah.

Comment

• pmoon6
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Dec 2002

I think too many make snap judgments. You have two rookies who have hardly played and you want to draft another QB high? Do any of you consider the development factor in a QB? Maturation? No many come in the league, start as a rookie and immediately succeed. Aikman didn't, Manning didn't. Montana and Brady didn't even start their first year. Elway did kinda at 9-7. I can name others, but you get the point.

So why use another 1st rd pick on a QB? You want to draft one in the third, fine.

Comment

• RedEyE
                              • Jul 2002

I think its premature to consider drafting a QB at this point. Seems to me we have several back-ups already on the team. Quite a few with experience under the belt: Kolb, Lewis, Tuel, and Flynn.

Now if EJ proves that he's not grasping things, comes up lame AGAIN, or is just plain bad the remainder of the season, then yeah, draft another guy early. I'm all for it then.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍