PDA

View Full Version : You have to draft a QB next year.

Buffalo Thriller
11-03-2013, 03:24 PM
I'm not saying you grab a guy in the 1st round, but something's gotta give. If EJ is our guy that's great but we see what happens when he goes down. Tuel doesn't belong on the PS not to mention the NFL. Flynn was beat out by Russell Wilson and Pryor. Thad is a 3rd stringer at best. So why wouldn't you draft one next year, especially one as deep as the upcoming class? Guys like Derek Carr, AJ McCarron, or Aaron Murray. All of those guys are legitimate QBs who may even be better than EJ.

Novacane
11-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Depends on how EJ looks the rest of the year

pmoon6
11-03-2013, 03:31 PM
More idiocy.

X-Era
11-03-2013, 03:38 PM
I'm not saying you grab a guy in the 1st round, but something's gotta give. If EJ is our guy that's great but we see what happens when he goes down. Tuel doesn't belong on the PS not to mention the NFL. Flynn was beat out by Russell Wilson and Pryor. Thad is a 3rd stringer at best. So why wouldn't you draft one next year, especially one as deep as the upcoming class? Guys like Derek Carr, AJ McCarron, or Aaron Murray. All of those guys are legitimate QBs who may even be better than EJ.Many of us argued we should have done it this year.

Only way I agree is if we can't sign a legit #2 vet backup prior to the draft... which I think is very possible.

Mace
11-03-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm not saying you grab a guy in the 1st round, but something's gotta give. If EJ is our guy that's great but we see what happens when he goes down. Tuel doesn't belong on the PS not to mention the NFL. Flynn was beat out by Russell Wilson and Pryor. Thad is a 3rd stringer at best. So why wouldn't you draft one next year, especially one as deep as the upcoming class? Guys like Derek Carr, AJ McCarron, or Aaron Murray. All of those guys are legitimate QBs who may even be better than EJ.

I can't necessarily agree. Lewis is young and proven competive enough to be a number 2 QB, makes Tuel expendable imho. They can figure who the vet will be among Kolb, Dixon and Flynn, if, big IF, Manuel can play out the year capably when he comes back.

Buffalo Thriller
11-03-2013, 03:43 PM
More idiocy.
It's not idiocy to have depth at a position. The only way to do so is through FA or the draft. I guess your happy with the street queens we seem to find and hand them the playbook.

WagonCircler
11-03-2013, 03:44 PM
I disagree.

I think we have to draft two QBs.

X-Era
11-03-2013, 03:45 PM
I can't necessarily agree. Lewis is young and proven competive enough to be a number 2 QB, makes Tuel expendable imho. They can figure who the vet will be among Kolb, Dixon and Flynn, if, big IF, Manuel can play out the year capably when he comes back.
I won't disagree with this. But, I want competition. The #3 QB spot shouldn't be a throw away. Today's starter was a #4 who should never have even been a #3. And this year then shows that we had better be more on the ball when we lose our #2... Next guy up implies starting from within which means you quality of starter goes down and down.

pmoon6
11-03-2013, 03:47 PM
It's not idiocy to have depth at a position. The only way to do so is through FA or the draft. I guess your happy with the street queens we seem to find and hand them the playbook.Let's see, Tuel has ONE NFL start and did OK considering. Manuel has been OK in 5 Total starts. We have been competitive in almost every game. But, you and others are ready to give up on them already.

The typical NFL fan does not appreciate competitive players learning on the job, they want wins.....and they want them yesterday.

Buffalo Thriller
11-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Let's see, Tuel has ONE NFL start and did OK considering. Manuel has been OK in 5 Total starts. We have been competitive in almost every game. But, you and others are ready to give up on them already.

The typical NFL fan does not appreciate competitive players learning on the job, they want wins.....and they want them yesterday.I agree that Manuel has done fine, but Tuel is not gonna last in this league nor should he. All I'm saying is the QB position on this team backup wise is not where it should be and should be addressed in the upcoming draft.

Mr. Pink
11-03-2013, 06:48 PM
It is not idiocy to draft another QB or even two next year.

Tuel's not an NFL QB. Thad Lewis is a journeyman and sadly may be the best QB on the roster. Even if Manuel is better he's now injury prone with two bad knees and how much confidence can you put on his knees holding up for an entire season let alone 5-7 seasons?

The most important position on the field you need results and you need a guy who doesn't get hurt constantly. So you might as well keep drafting them until you get one.

If Tajh Boyd is available at the pick, he better be walking up to the podium holding a Bills jersey.

SpikedLemonade
11-03-2013, 06:56 PM
If Tajh Boyd is available at the pick, he better be walking up to the podium holding a Bills jersey.

We look like we are heading for a 6-10 season. Boyd will be available at 12th overall?

We will draft a Safety to replace Byrd -- anything to avoid drafting OL.

Mace
11-03-2013, 06:57 PM
We look like we are heading for a 6-10 season. Boyd will be available at 12th overall?

We will draft a Safety to replace Byrd -- anything to avoid drafting OL.

Yeah.

pmoon6
11-03-2013, 07:19 PM
I think too many make snap judgments. You have two rookies who have hardly played and you want to draft another QB high? Do any of you consider the development factor in a QB? Maturation? No many come in the league, start as a rookie and immediately succeed. Aikman didn't, Manning didn't. Montana and Brady didn't even start their first year. Elway did kinda at 9-7. I can name others, but you get the point.

So why use another 1st rd pick on a QB? You want to draft one in the third, fine.

RedEyE
11-03-2013, 07:43 PM
I think its premature to consider drafting a QB at this point. Seems to me we have several back-ups already on the team. Quite a few with experience under the belt: Kolb, Lewis, Tuel, and Flynn.

Now if EJ proves that he's not grasping things, comes up lame AGAIN, or is just plain bad the remainder of the season, then yeah, draft another guy early. I'm all for it then.

pmoon6
11-03-2013, 08:16 PM
I think its premature to consider drafting a QB at this point. Seems to me we have several back-ups already on the team. Quite a few with experience under the belt: Kolb, Lewis, Tuel, and Flynn.

Now if EJ proves that he's not grasping things, comes up lame AGAIN, or is just plain bad the remainder of the season, then yeah, draft another guy early. I'm all for it then.I think Kolb is done. Too many concussions. The good news is he can join the Zone and start posting.

He'll fit right in.

The Jokeman
11-03-2013, 08:22 PM
It is not idiocy to draft another QB or even two next year.

Tuel's not an NFL QB. Thad Lewis is a journeyman and sadly may be the best QB on the roster. Even if Manuel is better he's now injury prone with two bad knees and how much confidence can you put on his knees holding up for an entire season let alone 5-7 seasons?

The most important position on the field you need results and you need a guy who doesn't get hurt constantly. So you might as well keep drafting them until you get one.

Boyd's draft stock is dropping and his lack of NFL size means he'll be there for Rounds 2 or later for the Bills. QB is important but think if you give EJ a better surrounding cast of proven receiving options we could see some things happen assuming we don't mess up and blow up the D.

Mace
11-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Boyd's draft stock is dropping and his lack of NFL size means he'll be there for Rounds 2 or later for the Bills. QB is important but think if you give EJ a better surrounding cast of proven receiving options we could see some things happen assuming we don't mess up and blow up the D.

I was going to comment on QB thoughts and instead just threw something out the open door into the cellar. Dunno what I even threw, I'll go find it later.

sukie
11-04-2013, 09:40 AM
I think you draft a QB just so the best option plays when Manuel goes down twice next season. He is glass-like ala Poz.

X-Era
11-04-2013, 09:43 AM
I just want the Bills to tell him to throw it away instead of running for now. Let him get the rest of the season under his belt first. He needs the experience badly. Once he has it, we can then let him just go out and play.

paladin warrior
11-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Next year Draft..Need Ton of Def ,OL OG. Safely and 1 T.E.

sukie
11-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Next year Draft..Need Ton of Def ,OL OG. Safely and 1 T.E.

WR is set? Really?

IlluminatusUIUC
11-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Who's going QB high next year? Jax, Arizona, Minnesota, Tampa, and St. Louis seem like lead pipe locks to take one in the first 1-2 rounds. Houston may give Keenum a shot if he plays like he did last night. Ditto Cleveland with Hoyer if he comes back from his injury before the draft. Tennessee possibly, depending on how Locker finishes the year.

- - - Updated - - -

WR is set? Really?

No, but we've invested a lot of draft value in it recently, so the hope is they will develop.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-04-2013, 04:57 PM
In the draft:

OL
DB
TE
OL
Depth at DB
Depth at OL
Depth at TE

X-Era
11-04-2013, 05:10 PM
In the draft:

OL
DB
TE
OL
Depth at DB
Depth at OL
Depth at TEWe need a LG.

The rest of the line is at least solid and has several very good players. Wood and Glenn are both very good. Pears is the only other guy who is borderline. But Hairston was a good looking prospect when he player. If he can come back (and thats questionable), I feel were decent there.

Usually we keep 2 backups. A swing T and a guy that can play G or C.

So I'm looking at a solid prospect to push at LG and possibly one G/C backup.

Night Train
11-04-2013, 05:15 PM
I'm fine with Manuel & Lewis going forward for the next year.

Next years draft needs to be heavy on D, IMO.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-04-2013, 05:21 PM
I'm fine with Manuel & Lewis going forward for the next year.

Next years draft needs to be heavy on D, IMO.

I'm actually impressed by our D for the most part, we need some work on our DBs and depth for the front seven and maybe an LB to complement Kiko. On offense we need work at Guard and depth. We also need to stop pretending that Stevie is a number one WR or that we are set at TE. Now I think that our WRs are gelling but we could do with an upgrade there and definitely at TE. I'd kill for this team to have a Pete Metzlaars/Jay Riemersma/Keith McKeller type at TE

paladin warrior
11-04-2013, 05:40 PM
WR is set? Really? WR wait until 2015

PromoTheRobot
11-04-2013, 08:27 PM
It's idiocy to keep drafting QBs because you decide (enter name here) sucks after one game. If we are drafting high enough where a marquee QB falls to us I hope Whaley trades the pick.

PTR

BertSquirtgum
11-04-2013, 09:41 PM
I believe EJ can be the Bills' quarterback of the future but I agree that the Bills need to draft another qb next year. If one of the top QB's is there at the time the Bills draft I think it would be stupid for them not to take him. EJ wasn't injury prone at FSU but that has certainly changed. If the guy can't stay healthy, he's no good to this team.

Mouldsie
11-04-2013, 11:40 PM
BPA with more weight given to QB and DL.... it's that simple

IlluminatusUIUC
11-05-2013, 12:23 AM
We still need linebackers. Lawson has been good so far and Alonso is a revelation, but we still would benefit from an edge rusher opposite Mario and another ILB alongside Alonso.

Mr. Cynical
11-05-2013, 12:54 AM
Question: How long before the world knew Jim Kelly was elite? I know he played USFL '84-'85, but even then, how long till people knew?

better days
11-05-2013, 06:38 AM
I don't understand how the Tuel haters fail to see his upside.

Yes, he made a bonehead play that cost the Bills the game, but he also showed he has an ARM & can throw the ball down field.

I think the problem is both Thad & Tuel are DEVELOPMENTAL QB's that should not be starting any games in the NFL at this point.

The Bills need a REAL back up QB. Someone like Kolb or T Jax. I think it was a short sighted mistake to put Kolb on IR & cut TJax.

IMO, the Bills should not have gotten rid of BOTH of them. At least one of them should be on this team now.

No doubt either of them would have won some games for the Bills as a back up.

better days
11-05-2013, 06:43 AM
Question: How long before the world knew Jim Kelly was elite? I know he played USFL '84-'85, but even then, how long till people knew?

Everyone knew Kelly had elite talent while he was at Miami.

The questions about him coming out of the U were his maturity & character.

pmoon6
11-05-2013, 07:36 AM
Question: How long before the world knew Jim Kelly was elite? I know he played USFL '84-'85, but even then, how long till people knew?If the Internet was prevalent in the '80's, many would have called for Kelly to be cut after we finished 4th in the AFC East his first two years with the Bills'.

better days
11-05-2013, 07:58 AM
WR is set? Really?

In relation to MANY other positions on the team, YES, SET.

There are only 7 rnds in the draft & WR is DOWN at the bottom on the list of needed positions.

trapezeus
11-05-2013, 08:05 AM
i want EJ to succeed, but if he gets injured again before the end of the season, you do have to pick another QB in the draft at some point.

Now if he's fine through the end of the year, we will need to look at the options in FA.

better days
11-05-2013, 08:25 AM
i want EJ to succeed, but if he gets injured again before the end of the season, you do have to pick another QB in the draft at some point.

Now if he's fine through the end of the year, we will need to look at the options in FA.

I think other options in FA for QB need to be made if EJ stays healthy or not.

The Jokeman
11-05-2013, 07:07 PM
If the Internet was prevalent in the '80's, many would have called for Kelly to be cut after we finished 4th in the AFC East his first two years with the Bills'.

and lamenting that we didn't take Dan Marino who graded out as a better prospect. I still feel the Bills might have won a Super Bowl with Marino over Kelly. As say what you want but Kelly was horrible in every Super Bowl we played.

The Jokeman
11-05-2013, 07:10 PM

QB Derek Anderson UFA Carolina Panthers Free Agent
QB Kellen Clemens UFA St. Louis Rams Free Agent
QB Jay Cutler UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
QB Pat Devlin RFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
QB Josh Freeman UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
QB Rex Grossman UFA Washington Redskins Free Agent
QB Chad Henne UFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent
QB Shaun Hill UFA Detroit Lions Free Agent
QB Tarvaris Jackson UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
QB Josh McCown UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
QB Luke McCown UFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
QB Dan Orlovsky UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
QB Charlie Whitehurst UFA San Diego Chargers Free Agent

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?y=2014#ixzz2jp8LlUs5

TigerJ
11-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Yes, Jeff Tuel made a huge mistake when he threw that goal line interception, but he still has upside. While both of Buffalo's current reserve QBs, Lewis and Tuel are considerably hampered by their youth and inexperience, I think that by next season they may be at least adequate, and maybe better than adequate.

BertSquirtgum
11-06-2013, 06:54 AM
I don't understand how the Tuel haters fail to see his upside.

Yes, he made a bonehead play that cost the Bills the game, but he also showed he has an ARM & can throw the ball down field.

I think the problem is both Thad & Tuel are DEVELOPMENTAL QB's that should not be starting any games in the NFL at this point.

The Bills need a REAL back up QB. Someone like Kolb or T Jax. I think it was a short sighted mistake to put Kolb on IR & cut TJax.

IMO, the Bills should not have gotten rid of BOTH of them. At least one of them should be on this team now.

No doubt either of them would have won some games for the Bills as a back up.

he has an arm? What the f*** were you watching Sunday?

better days
11-06-2013, 07:59 AM
he has an arm? What the f*** were you watching Sunday?

He made a couple bad decisions, especially the pick 6, but YES he has an arm.

What game were you watching that you did not see he completed passes like the long TD to Goodwin?

Fitz or Alex Smith would have never made that throw.

DesertFox24
11-06-2013, 02:23 PM
I agree that Manuel has done fine, but Tuel is not gonna last in this league nor should he. All I'm saying is the QB position on this team backup wise is not where it should be and should be addressed in the upcoming draft.

Hold your horses bro beans, cannot judge the guy off this year. He went undraftedf or a reason he has a lot of mechanical work that needs to be tweeked in the offseason and the offseason after that. He is a guy we judge in the 2015 season.

That being said I agree with drafting a late round QB, a guy I really like is Keith Price from Washington.

- - - Updated - - -

QB Derek Anderson UFA Carolina Panthers Free Agent
QB Kellen Clemens UFA St. Louis Rams Free Agent
QB Jay Cutler UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
QB Pat Devlin RFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
QB Josh Freeman UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
QB Rex Grossman UFA Washington Redskins Free Agent
QB Chad Henne UFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent
QB Shaun Hill UFA Detroit Lions Free Agent
QB Tarvaris Jackson UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
QB Josh McCown UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
QB Luke McCown UFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
QB Dan Orlovsky UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
QB Charlie Whitehurst UFA San Diego Chargers Free Agent

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?y=2014#ixzz2jp8LlUs5

Absolutley no one I would want on this list.

sukie
11-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Don't forget Jimmy Clausen

Buffalo Thriller
11-10-2013, 02:01 PM
After the way this Pitt game is going we may need to just draft one in round 1.

Crisis
11-10-2013, 02:13 PM
just use an early round pick on a QB every year until you hit. this team is going nowhere until we get one.

WagonCircler
11-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Hold your horses bro beans,.

Hahaha.

You said bro beans.

don137
11-10-2013, 02:29 PM
I agree. Manuel too injury prone and inconsistent to not get another QB in draft.

Novacane
11-10-2013, 02:33 PM
Are there any franchise QB in this draft?

TacklingDummy
11-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Hate to pick QB next year with Winston coming out the following year.
As much as I can't stand EJ, maybe he will suck enough next year to get us in the Winston sweepstakes.

Mr. Pink
11-10-2013, 02:42 PM

I've seen mocks with 6 QBs going in Round 1.

I doubt we'll see that happen on draft day but wouldn't be surprised to see 4.

BertSquirtgum
11-10-2013, 03:09 PM
just use an early round pick on a QB every year until you hit. this team is going nowhere until we get one.

That should be the plan

BertSquirtgum
11-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Hate to pick QB next year with Winston coming out the following year.
As much as I can't stand EJ, maybe he will suck enough next year to get us in the Winston sweepstakes.

horses*** this is supposed to be one of the better draft for quarterbacks

IlluminatusUIUC
11-10-2013, 03:21 PM
I want to see how the pre-draft process shakes out but we might still have a shot at a guy with our 2nd rounder

jdaltroy5
11-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Why? So that we can be in the same mess that we're in now?

I was absolutely for drafting a QB in the first last year, no matter what. I still think it was the right decision.

I'm not opposed to drafting another QB next year, but this time the value has to be there.

If EJ plays well the rest of the season, then don't take one in the first round. Maybe one in the second or later if we get good value.

Mouldsie
11-11-2013, 10:19 PM

I was absolutely for drafting a QB in the first last year, no matter what. I still think it was the right decision.

I'm not opposed to drafting another QB next year, but this time the value has to be there.

If EJ plays well the rest of the season, then don't take one in the first round. Maybe one in the second or later if we get good value.
Groan

BuffaloRedleg
11-12-2013, 01:27 AM

I think the top 3 QBs in next year's draft will be better than EJ coming right out of the box. You upgrade the position immediately. One of those 3 guys will be there when we draft I can almost guarantee it. You are right that if EJ plays well the rest of the season then we might not need to take a QB, but man it's not looking very hopeful at the moment.

I know he's a dick, but man, if Manziel is there are you really going to pass on him? He's better than EJ and he's still in college.

BuffaloRedleg
11-12-2013, 01:29 AM
Groan

Uh who would be starting for us now if we didn't draft EJ?

The real comedy is people who were against trying for Manning (wouldn't have come anyways of course) or Alex Smith.

Captain Obvious
11-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Posters who think next years QB class will be great must be assuming Brett Hundley and Marcus Mariota will be declaring for the draft next April

jdaltroy5
11-12-2013, 09:24 AM
I think the top 3 QBs in next year's draft will be better than EJ coming right out of the box. You upgrade the position immediately. One of those 3 guys will be there when we draft I can almost guarantee it. You are right that if EJ plays well the rest of the season then we might not need to take a QB, but man it's not looking very hopeful at the moment.

I know he's a dick, but man, if Manziel is there are you really going to pass on him? He's better than EJ and he's still in college.If there is a guy there that you think will give you a significant improvement at QB, I'm not against taking him. In fact, I welcome it.

However, I am completely opposed to just taking a QB because we need one.

People are pissed because we reached on a QB who isn't ready for the NFL and the way they want to remedy that is by doing the exact same thing next year.

Makes no sense.

k-oneputt
11-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Manziel could step in Sunday against the Jets and he couldn't be any worse then Manuel. Can't say I'm surprised with what we are getting from EJ. I was hoping he would be better but he is what I thought he was. Why wouldn't you take another qb early in the next draft ? Best case scenario is new qb and EJ both develop and you have two capable qb's.

Buffalo Thriller
11-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Hell if Aaron Murray is sitting there in the 2nd I would take him in a heartbeat. The guy has almost all of the SEC QB records.

feldspar
11-12-2013, 04:42 PM
The Bills aren't going to draft a high-round quarterback next year.

The best we can probably hope for if EJ falls flat on his face is the Bills bringing in some veteran competition, even if EJ continues to play poorly IMO. The Texans may try to trade Matt Schaub, but I would wait and hope that they just release him...they could anyway. No way anybody adopts that contract AND gives up a pick for Schaub. I think there is a good chance the Texans go with Case Keenum next year. Jay Cultler is in his contract year in Chicago. Who else?

Of course, you don't give up on EJ yet, so this is all academic.

I actually think we beat the Jets this week.

Mouldsie
11-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Uh who would be starting for us now if we didn't draft EJ?

The real comedy is people who were against trying for Manning (wouldn't have come anyways of course) or Alex Smith.

I would have traded back for a future 1 because last years class was garbage (in fact, that was in my mock), and I was OK with trying for Smith though we wouldn't have been able to land him (33rd overall pick) so I honestly would have rolled with Nassib or Kolb (can't anticipate the injury) and would have also went after Dysert.

If I were GM we would have Russel Wilson or Andrew Luck though (Luck if my Suck for Luck worked, Wilson if we won too many games :D)

Mouldsie
11-12-2013, 05:29 PM
If there is a guy there that you think will give you a significant improvement at QB, I'm not against taking him. In fact, I welcome it.

However, I am completely opposed to just taking a QB because we need one.

People are pissed because we reached on a QB who isn't ready for the NFL and the way they want to remedy that is by doing the exact same thing next year.

Makes no sense.
No sir, YOU make no sense.

----

1) Agreed

2) That 2nd sentence was EXACTLY your though process last year, what changed?

3a) You are assuming too much, some people thought EJ was a 3rd/4th round prospect and should have been graded accordingly and thus their faith in his ability to lead this team is forever tied to that grade until he proves us wrong. 3b) It wouldnt be doing the exact same thing if you believe the player available next year is a 1st round talent and potential franchise QB.

Mouldsie
11-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Manziel could step in Sunday against the Jets and he couldn't be any worse then Manuel. Can't say I'm surprised with what we are getting from EJ. I was hoping he would be better but he is what I thought he was. Why wouldn't you take another qb early in the next draft ? Best case scenario is new qb and EJ both develop and you have two capable qb's.
BOOM. Is there a more in-demand asset in the NFL?

jdaltroy5
11-13-2013, 08:30 AM
That 2nd sentence was EXACTLY your though process last year, what changed?Because we had no QB on the roster last year. My philosophy is that if you should always have a young guy with great tools that you are trying to mold into a franchise QB. I wanted the guy with the best tools and a first round pick gave us the best shot at that.

3a) You are assuming too much, some people thought EJ was a 3rd/4th round prospect and should have been graded accordingly and thus their faith in his ability to lead this team is forever tied to that grade until he proves us wrong. 3b) It wouldnt be doing the exact same thing if you believe the player available next year is a 1st round talent and potential franchise QB.And some people had a first round grade on him and thus, their faith in his ability to lead this team is forever tied to that grade.

I've also said several times that if there's a QB there that presents a significant upgrade, then take him. People are advocating that we take a QB in the first no matter what. Basically they're pissed that we reached for EJ, so to remedy that, they want to reach on another QB.

k-oneputt
11-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Just wondering, did you actually watch EJ play at FSU ? And I don't mean just the Orange Bowl last year against an overrated and undermanned N. Illinois team ? If you did what is it that he did that you liked and didn't like ?

better days
11-13-2013, 11:48 AM
I would have traded back for a future 1 because last years class was garbage (in fact, that was in my mock), and I was OK with trying for Smith though we wouldn't have been able to land him (33rd overall pick) so I honestly would have rolled with Nassib or Kolb (can't anticipate the injury) and would have also went after Dysert.

If I were GM we would have Russel Wilson or Andrew Luck though (Luck if my Suck for Luck worked, Wilson if we won too many games :D)

Well, the Bills did trade back & drafted Kiko with that pick. At this point, Kiko is playing like a first rnd pick.

Who knows? Kiko may turn out to be BETTER than who the Bills would have picked with a future #1 pick.

jdaltroy5
11-13-2013, 11:50 AM
Just wondering, did you actually watch EJ play at FSU ? And I don't mean just the Orange Bowl last year against an overrated and undermanned N. Illinois team ? If you did what is it that he did that you liked and didn't like ?
Not sure if you're directing that to anyone in particular, but no I didn't watch him play at FSU.

Not really sure why that's relevant.