PDA

View Full Version : TJ Graham Completely Useless and Redundant

kingJofNYC
11-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Why is he on the roster?

Goodwin is better than Graham will ever be. How pathetic that they took this guy? Release this bum already.

Novacane
11-03-2013, 03:47 PM
He won't be here next year

X-Era
11-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Agree. If our #2 outside WR doesn't return anything, is small, and isn't reliable I don't care if he's fast... he isn't really helping us.

kingJofNYC
11-03-2013, 03:52 PM
He's not even that fast, Goodwin is legit fast, dude had every db beat but had to come back for it.

TJ is fast when no defender is on the field. He's always on the field too. Pisses me off.

bosshogg21
11-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Redundant but we took him over Russell Wilson. :-(

Albany,n.y.
11-03-2013, 04:33 PM

Why would Buddy draft Wilson when he had Fitzpatrick? Buddy was thinking all Fitz needed was a speed receiver.
This sums up the Buddy Nix era.

Mr. Pink
11-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Graham = Parrish

Meathead
11-03-2013, 04:39 PM
well graham certainly has struggled winning tight battles but hes also been grossly underthown a crapload of times by every qb on the roster

honestly i dont see goodwin as being any better than graham, hes just the beneficiary of a couple times the qb didnt grossly underthrow him when it was his turn to get wide open behind defenders

TrEd FTW
11-03-2013, 04:40 PM
honestly i dont see goodwin as being any better than graham

Get some glasses, then.

kingJofNYC
11-03-2013, 04:44 PM
He's much better at tracking the deep ball then Graham.

Graham's a turd. I agree they're similar players in that they can only do one thing, it just so happens that Graham can't do it at all, Goodwin can.

Albany,n.y.
11-03-2013, 05:01 PM
I think we also saw why Easley should stick to what he's good at -Special Teams- and never be on the field as a WR again.

Meathead
11-03-2013, 05:08 PM
lol yeah easley gets one pass thrown to him all season for a wide open critical third down and he drops it

Mace
11-03-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm going to take it farther and say Chandler too, and O-line, and D-line of all stars. Catch stuff, block people, and tackle them. Run for 2 freaking yards if you have to, tackle people before they get 5. Chandler is less worse than our previous TE's. He is not good though I wanted and wished he was. It's pointless having "world class" speed at WR when they aren't outrunning anyone and you can't throw to them anyway because your QB can't get it down there. If you can't catch at 5 yards, you're not going to at 15 or 40, because you can't catch. You can penetrate the gap until blue in the face and it matters not a crap when the ball is past you and you inexplicably went to prevent defense when they needed three yards with a game manager QB, to gain 20.

Oh this game upset me.

RedEyE
11-03-2013, 06:24 PM
I've been saying this for two years. He sucks. Receivers need to be able to run routes and catch footballs. He can't do either.

The Jokeman
11-03-2013, 08:18 PM

I was ready to toss aside Stevie after two seasons of doing nothing. Who knows Graham might develop in his 3rd year like most WRs do or he may not. That said I'd bring in a veteran WR this offseason and find a starting TE and like our chances assuming we keep the D in place and find another pass rusher and CB.

The Jokeman
11-03-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm going to take it farther and say Chandler too, and O-line, and D-line of all stars. Catch stuff, block people, and tackle them. Run for 2 freaking yards if you have to, tackle people before they get 5. Chandler is less worse than our previous TE's. He is not good though I wanted and wished he was. It's pointless having "world class" speed at WR when they aren't outrunning anyone and you can't throw to them anyway because your QB can't get it down there. If you can't catch at 5 yards, you're not going to at 15 or 40, because you can't catch. You can penetrate the gap until blue in the face and it matters not a crap when the ball is past you and you inexplicably went to prevent defense when they needed three yards with a game manager QB, to gain 20.

Oh this game upset me.Chandler is a solid backup TE but not a starter. I've been saying it for years but people want to ignore it.

Mace
11-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Chandler is a solid backup TE but not a starter. I've been saying it for years but people want to ignore it.

I ignored it or would have. You're right.

MikeInRoch
11-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Graham = Parrish

Parrish >> Graham

Mace
11-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Parrish >> Graham

Yeah, aggravates me, but right too.

kingJofNYC
11-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Parrish could make a guy miss in space, TJ can't do ****. Forrest Gump, point and tell him to run.

kingJofNYC
11-03-2013, 10:23 PM
We took this guy instead of TY Hilton, a guy who was great at getting open deep in college, had production too.

As bad as Troup pick.

X-Era
11-04-2013, 05:41 AM
Id rather draft a guy with size, speed, and better toughness. I even wouldn't mind one in the 1st round like Marqise Lee or Sammy Watkins.

Pinkerton Security
11-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Graham looked worthless, I agree. However, I think Goodwin has really shown that he was well worth his draft status. Woods, Alonso, Goodwin, Robey have all shown to be people we should look forward to seeing around for a while, and with any luck Manuel will hopefully continue to show us that as well soon. Pretty good influx of talent from one draft class (and UDFA for Robey).

Add that to the fact that I love how Pettine has rejuvenated players like Aaron Williams, Mario, Hughes, etc, and thats why Im excited about the direction we're headed, even if we're not getting the W's right now.

RedEyE
11-04-2013, 07:46 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing TJ get cut. I'm talking like this week. There is no reason to keep him on this team.

I've not liked anything that I have seen from him and he has been riding pine most of the season anyway because he gets outplayed in practice.

pmoon6
11-04-2013, 07:52 AM
Why would you cut him this week? Woods went out and Goodwin is dinged as well.

Unless you want to bring back Terrell Owens.

Pinkerton Security
11-04-2013, 07:59 AM

true. as someone else pointed out, Easley continued to look worthless as well with an untimely drop. Behind Stevie, Woods and Goodwin, we have next to nothing.

trapezeus
11-04-2013, 08:15 AM
My issue with TJ is that he doesn't fight for the ball. if he's running in stride with someone, he doesn't go get it. he waits for it to come to him. and that's why there are so many incompletions to him. it has to be frustrating for QB's. They have to throw a perfect pass to him.

also when we cut this guy, can we all just agree no one should ever wear 11 again?

pmoon6
11-04-2013, 08:17 AM
My issue with TJ is that he doesn't fight for the ball. if he's running in stride with someone, he doesn't go get it. he waits for it to come to him. and that's why there are so many incompletions to him. it has to be frustrating for QB's. They have to throw a perfect pass to him.

also when we cut this guy, can we all just agree no one should ever wear 11 again?What? You want to retire his number?

RedEyE
11-04-2013, 08:18 AM
I'd much rather see Easley and Hogan. TJ is a complete disappointment and does not help this team being on the roster. Easley and Hogan at least contribute on special teams. TJ is just taking up space on the roster. Get rid of this bum. The sooner the better.

Novacane
11-04-2013, 08:31 AM
true. as someone else pointed out, Easley continued to look worthless as well with an untimely drop. Behind Stevie, Woods and Goodwin, we have next to nothing.

What about 7-11. Always open.................in the preseason against scrubs

IlluminatusUIUC
11-04-2013, 09:50 AM
I still can't believe we didn't make an offer for Josh Gordon

DraftBoy
11-04-2013, 09:51 AM
3rd Round pick...

Mr. Pink
11-04-2013, 10:30 AM

I'd rather have Owens than Graham.

Hell I'd rather have Josh Reed.

DesertFox24
11-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Chadler is a good TE, but we need a vertical threat at the TE position.

Chandler and a guy like Ebron would really open up the running game and the passing game.

trapezeus
11-04-2013, 11:57 AM
What? You want to retire his number?

anti-retire. Just that number hasn't seen anything good come from it.

Norwood,
johnson
PArrish
Bledsoe (mostly a declining career)
now this guy.

No one is going to overcome the aura of 11 in buffalo. (unless there is a perrault who is playing football for the bills. then exceptions can be made)

BillsFever21
11-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Other WR's drafted in that 3rd round

Sanu
Hilton

Other QB's drafted in that 3rd round

Wilson
Foles

What a waste of a draft pick.

BertSquirtgum
11-04-2013, 10:00 PM
I've been saying this for two years. He sucks. Receivers need to be able to run routes and catch footballs. He can't do either.

Many people said that about Stevie too.

BillsFever21
11-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Many people said that about Stevie too.

These are the lousiest types of comparisons that we see all the time. Someone takes a crappy player and compares them to other great or decent players around the NFL for their 1st, 2nd or 3rd seasons. If them were legible comparisons then you could make the same case for about 99% of all crappy players that ever step on the field.

BertSquirtgum
11-04-2013, 10:04 PM
These are the lousiest types of comparisons that we see all the time. Someone takes a crappy player and compares them to other great or decent players around the NFL for their 1st, 2nd or 3rd seasons. If them were legible comparisons then you could make the same case for about 99% of all crappy players that ever step on the field.

Why? it took 3 seasons before Stevie got "it".

BillsFever21
11-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Exactly. Then I guess you can use the same comparison for every crappy WR that's in their 2nd season right now. Hey other WR's(or any position) had a crappy start to their career so that means they will too.

Stevie didn't get many targets his first couple seasons. Graham has had plenty of opportunities to make plays are rarely does. Stevie was also a 7th round flyer and not a high 3rd round draft pick where there were a couple decent QB's and other WR's on the board to make matters worse.

Graham is supposed to be a "deep threat" that has averaged an entire 11.2 yards per reception in his career. He hasn't done much of anything.

Rockstar
11-05-2013, 01:21 AM
Graham = Parrish

Although Parrish was likable and a good special teams player. I don't have anything good to say about Graham.

Rockstar
11-05-2013, 01:22 AM
Oh this game upset me.

I feel ya bro....

Rockstar
11-05-2013, 01:25 AM
I'd rather have Owens than Graham.

Hell I'd rather have Josh Reed.

I miss Reed and I'll tell you what. Nelson is still making catches for the Jets. I would rather have him and he was a class act to boot!

DesertFox24
11-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Look Graham has not done much from our perspective but if you read jeremy white and follow on twitter he states that Graham is constantly getting open on go routes. He states he thinks Goodwin is better overall player but that if EJ can start hitting those guys early in games it will open up whole offense.

Maybe we do not see Graham much because he is running a lot of go routes to try and open up middle for Stevie and Chandler.

I honestly have no idea.

That being said hopefully he is putting the work in and working as hard on his craft as Stevie is.

I honestly have no problem taking a first round WR if a stud is staring us in the face. Lee or Watkins could really open up this offense.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Look Graham has not done much from our perspective but if you read jeremy white and follow on twitter he states that Graham is constantly getting open on go routes. He states he thinks Goodwin is better overall player but that if EJ can start hitting those guys early in games it will open up whole offense.

Maybe we do not see Graham much because he is running a lot of go routes to try and open up middle for Stevie and Chandler.

I honestly have no idea.

That being said hopefully he is putting the work in and working as hard on his craft as Stevie is.

I honestly have no problem taking a first round WR if a stud is staring us in the face. Lee or Watkins could really open up this offense.

Woods and Lee? OP may throw up with that USC combo. lol

DesertFox24
11-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Woods and Lee? OP may throw up with that USC combo. lol

Well I my Bills needs thread I went through positions of need and to be honest what we really need now is depth and a few starter spots but none of which are your usual first round or second round selections in my opinion.

I also tried to look at guys that will be UFA after 2014 or maybe getting to old and of those guys the only core guys are jackson and Kyle Williams.

First round WR might be a high likely hood especially if Ebron is gone. There are loads of QBs, OTs, and some really good front 7 defenders this draft so these WRs might drop a bit.

All that being said I would much rather have Ebron as I think he would open this offense up completely. He and chandler could be an awesome tandem, if Chandler is resigned. Chandler has good hands (one bad game) and a good red zone guy needs to work on his blocking. Ebron will suck the safety in the middle of the field opening up the under neath routes and deep sideline routes.

better days
11-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Why is he on the roster?

Goodwin is better than Graham will ever be. How pathetic that they took this guy? Release this bum already.

This. On Friday Marrone said: "We have two players on our team that have the ability to run by guys, and not a lot of teams have that & we have two, Marquise Goodwin & TJ Graham."

Graham is not going ANYWHERE.

Buffalogic
11-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Graham is fast and gets open, but he is terrible at locating the ball and timing his jump. Maybe he can improve on that, but so far he looks like what he is, a track guy.

better days
11-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Graham is fast and gets open, but he is terrible at locating the ball and timing his jump. Maybe he can improve on that, but so far he looks like what he is, a track guy.

Well, like him or not, like I said, he is not going anywhere.