PDA

View Full Version : Lucky 7 Games To Go

BillsImpossible
11-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Triple Cherries for the Bills?

at Pittsburgh W (If the Bills lose this game the season is over.)
Jets W (Huge W)
Bye
Atlanta (in Toronto) Win
at Bucs (W)
at Jags (W)
Fish (W)
at New England (W)

Bills win the AFC East

Predictions please.

sudzy
11-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Predictions please.

Step away from the Kool-Aid it's obviously spiked.

Mr. Pink
11-03-2013, 05:47 PM
They'll be lucky to win 3 of those.

Don't Panic
11-03-2013, 07:11 PM
If EJ is healthy we're in every one of those games except maybe the last one (depending on what NE has to play for). I just wish we didn't need to win them all...

BleedinGreenNC
11-03-2013, 07:23 PM

Jets W (Huge W)
Bye
Atlanta (in Toronto) Win
at Bucs (W)
at Jags (W)
Fish (W)
at New England (W)

Bills win the AFC East

Predictions please.

Steelers are going to come out pissed, going to be a close game, but their defense will be too much for EJ, he is going to show some rust.

Homegrown
11-03-2013, 09:06 PM
FWIW, Pitt/Atl/Jax & TBay are a combined 4-28 ...and they all give up a ton of points, and they're not very imposing offensively ...you would think the Bills could go 3-1 against that group

ghz in pittsburgh
11-04-2013, 11:08 AM
The Bills will finish with just enough wins to get themselves out of a missing elite QB in the next draft. That's my theory.

Say what you want about Nix, finally after 4 drafts, we seem to have enough talent on the roster EXCEPT the QB position to compete with the rest of the league. They are not quite the pre-Roethlisberger Steelers (who has a vet steady defense then), but they are waiting to hit that jackpot to go on a run now.

I guess in a way, they can look to the Chiefs who had talent everywhere except the QB position for a few years; they have a steady, average QB now and look where they are, though I don't think they ca go far in playoffs.

Jry44
11-04-2013, 12:10 PM
The Bills will finish with just enough wins to get themselves out of a missing elite QB in the next draft. That's my theory.

Say what you want about Nix, finally after 4 drafts, we seem to have enough talent on the roster EXCEPT the QB position to compete with the rest of the league. They are not quite the pre-Roethlisberger Steelers (who has a vet steady defense then), but they are waiting to hit that jackpot to go on a run now.

I guess in a way, they can look to the Chiefs who had talent everywhere except the QB position for a few years; they have a steady, average QB now and look where they are, though I don't think they ca go far in playoffs.

They're not taking a QB early in the draft anyway, so it really doesn't matter. Not a year after taking one 16th overall. Also, TE is a huge hole on the offense. Chandler has been terrible and had a few key drops yesterday. Getting more athletic and consistent play from that position has to be a priority going in to next season.

As for the thread.....I'm seeing a 7-9 or 6-10 finish with the remaining schedule. The Patriots look like they are starting to click offensively, so there's no way we're winning this division.

What I really want to see from here on out is the team still playing hard and competing, some of our young players to show some progress, and to get out healthy with no injuries that carry over to next season. That's about the most you could ask for at this point....

ghz in pittsburgh
11-04-2013, 01:36 PM
They're not taking a QB early in the draft anyway, so it really doesn't matter. Not a year after taking one 16th overall. Also, TE is a huge hole on the offense. Chandler has been terrible and had a few key drops yesterday. Getting more athletic and consistent play from that position has to be a priority going in to next season.

Don't disagree. HOWEVER, if they are in position next spring to draft a QB that they have a higher grade than EJ Manuel this year, I don't think they should pass. Regardless EJ pans out eventually or not, so far in his rookie season, he does not seem to be the kind of QB who's rarely injured despite his size - and he needs to run a little more to be successful in my opinion.

X-Era
11-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Don't disagree. HOWEVER, if they are in position next spring to draft a QB that they have a higher grade than EJ Manuel this year, I don't think they should pass. Regardless EJ pans out eventually or not, so far in his rookie season, he does not seem to be the kind of QB who's rarely injured despite his size - and he needs to run a little more to be successful in my opinion.
If someone did grade out higher I wouldn't think it would be by much. I don't see a Luck in this draft. Several decent looking prospects but no one like Luck or Manning.

As far as drafting another one I would think about it out of round 1. Why not. We don't have a #2 QB right now. We can't say for sure that EJ is the final answer yet. We may not feel totally sold after this year. Hell, we may worry about injury issues. He's been injured and out twice this year.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-04-2013, 02:27 PM
If someone did grade out higher I wouldn't think it would be by much. I don't see a Luck in this draft. Several decent looking prospects but no one like Luck or Manning.

Doubt the Bills will be in position to draft a Luck or Manning type of guy - they will surely be gone in top 5 and I don't see the Bills draft in top 5 next year, for next few years as a matter of fact, given the talent they already have.

Remember EJ Manuel is the only QB drafted in 1st round and many considered to be late first round this spring. It is not out of realm that they may have a Roethlisberger kind of grade on one of the QB next year, which is in the range of top 10, but falls through top 5.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-04-2013, 02:30 PM

Jets W (Huge W)
Bye
Atlanta (in Toronto) Win
at Bucs (W)
at Jags (W)
Fish (W)
at New England (W)

Bills win the AFC East

Predictions please.

Well, this season is pretty much over as it is. . . . but . . . .

@ Pit, I think that as long as anyone but Jeff Tuel is in at QB including whoever is playing for Wichita State (okay this is meant to be funny as WSU hasn't fielded a team since 1986) and we play like we have for most of the season that Pittsburgh is very beatable this season. W

Jets, it will be close but they are still more physical than us L

Atlanta, Toronto reduces our homefield a bit, I seriously hope we decide to stop playing late season home games there, but I think we can do this W

at Bucs, I don't know if we can -- we've only won in Tampa once ever -- but their record suggests that we can W

at Jags, we lose this one, those most responsible should be looking for jobs before the team bus gets back to the airport W

Fish, I like december fish fries W

at New England, not a chance L

Bills go 8-8, get their best record since I was a junior at Central Missouri back in 04 and if we play our cards just right we beef up the OL and work on DB and improving at QB and staying healthy and next year we get to the post season

Thurmal
11-04-2013, 03:09 PM
The Bills are going to blow AT LEAST two winnable games during this stretch either through missed opportunites or their ridiculous bad luck. 7-9 at best.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-04-2013, 03:11 PM
The Bills are going to blow AT LEAST two winnable games during this stretch either through missed opportunites or their ridiculous bad luck. 7-9 at best.

I don't think we lose to Jacksonville, but I could see Pit and Tampa getting away from us.

BleedinGreenNC
11-04-2013, 03:34 PM
I don't think we lose to Jacksonville, but I could see Pit and Tampa getting away from us.

THey will not lose to the Jaguars.

BillsFever21
11-04-2013, 04:49 PM
We've seen this same thread for 4 out of our last 5 losses. Please put the crack pipe down.

The next game we lose we will see the same thread but he will also have other teams attached to it and if they lost whatever games then we could sneak into the playoffs at 9-7. Then after the next loss it will be 8-8.

better days
11-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Well, it looks like the 2-14 CROWD is quiet.

​GO BILLS, GO EJ, SCREW THE STEELERS, AND SCREW THE 2-14 CROWD.

Ed
11-06-2013, 09:56 AM
The most important remaining game is probably against the Jets. Assuming the Bills beat the Steelers, a loss to the Jets would put them 2.5 games behind. The Jets would also hold the tie-breaker and have six fairly winnable games remaining. If the Jets beat the Bills I don't see them finishing any worse than 9-7, which would mean the Bills would have no shot at making it even if they won all their other games.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Not sure about the Steelers game - why so many assume it's an automatic win. They beat Jets in NYC when they were at their lowest point.

They have a lot of veteran star players long on their teeth, but still have a lot of pride. The beating they took in Foxborough didn't help the Bills at all in my opinion. It's no surprise that there is no odds for this game.

The Bills might just be too green to surpass an old team like the Steelers yet. The Steelers defense is obviously no match to the likes of Brady any more, but can still confuse young QB like they did to Geno. I'd not be surprised the Bills lose this one, even with EJ.

better days
11-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Not sure about the Steelers game - why so many assume it's an automatic win. They beat Jets in NYC when they were at their lowest point.

They have a lot of veteran star players long on their teeth, but still have a lot of pride. The beating they took in Foxborough didn't help the Bills at all in my opinion. It's no surprise that there is no odds for this game.

The Bills might just be too green to surpass an old team like the Steelers yet. The Steelers defense is obviously no match to the likes of Brady any more, but can still confuse young QB like they did to Geno. I'd not be surprised the Bills lose this one, even with EJ.

As an away game, I don't think anyone thinks this game is a gimme, but this Bills defense should be too much for the Steelers offense.

Bills 24

Steelers 14

stuckincincy
11-06-2013, 11:21 AM
As an away game, I don't think anyone thinks this game is a gimme, but this Bills defense should be too much for the Steelers offense.

Bills 24

Steelers 14

You may be right. From where I sit, I get Steelers games on my tv ad nauseum. For years and years. Part of that was being in the same division, of course.

But not this year. They have been iffy enough for the past few years, such that the network folks no longer figure that they will attract the viewership.

I don't think that the spread will anything than the usual points given to a home club.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-06-2013, 12:34 PM
You may be right. From where I sit, I get Steelers games on my tv ad nauseum. For years and years. Part of that was being in the same division, of course.

But not this year. They have been iffy enough for the past few years, such that the network folks no longer figure that they will attract the viewership.

I don't think that the spread will anything than the usual points given to a home club.

No line on this game.

On offensive, I'm sure Mario & Co. will be licking their chops to pad their sack numbers. The Steelers rely on Ben more than any other time. But he's just a different animal than other QBs the Bills have faced. I see why the Jets have failed because if you blitz some corners and actually gets to him, you don't bring him down.

What I really worry is their defense which can be tough at home. They are still pretty good at run defense and the Bills depend heavily on run offense.

justasportsfan
11-06-2013, 12:35 PM
All winnable games!

stuckincincy
11-06-2013, 12:51 PM
No line on this game.

On offensive, I'm sure Mario & Co. will be licking their chops to pad their sack numbers. The Steelers rely on Ben more than any other time. But he's just a different animal than other QBs the Bills have faced. I see why the Jets have failed because if you blitz some corners and actually gets to him, you don't bring him down.

What I really worry is their defense which can be tough at home. They are still pretty good at run defense and the Bills depend heavily on run offense.

Good points. Also, I agree with your post in some other thread about Ben R. He's not leaving PGH, and indeed, he probably holds the record for number of hits over a qb career. Like 'em or hate 'em, I can't recall seeing such a master of pocket presence. He's maddening to play against.

I know what you mean about Steelers fans. I lived there for 11 years. I'm not slamming them.