PDA

View Full Version : QB talent in the NFL

mixxum
11-03-2013, 11:43 PM
It seems like there is a possibility that the talent of the QB could be headed in an upword trend. With a strong QB draft class upcoming in 2014 as well as some surprising play from some young QB's this season, the QB talent in the NFL might very well be high for several years to come. Hell even Geno looks like if he was not on the Jets he would have a chance. Also I just watched an undrafted rookie play very very well, (not Tuel), Keenum seems like he has the stuff. Only one game I know, but he sure does like to sling it down field. I feel like he would have had a better half with out his head coach collapsing during half time. Then there is Nick "Bung Hole" Foles, I mean who'd a thunk it. Really 7 TD's.

So I'm trying to get to a point. The Bills are 3-6. Played tough in each game, (defense is really good). Hell I think that with just a little better QB play they could have won the chiefs game. I think we all know that. Im worried that when draft day comes the Bills could be in an opportunity to take a more talented QB with their first pick. Then they don't take that QB, they take a CB.

OK, so let me get this right, when the Bills draft next year, if the best QB available in round one grades out "Significantly" better than EJ3, should the bills take him?

With the way the season is going we could lose some more close games and finish 4-12 and have the 5th pick. We are a better team then that. It could happen.

YardRat
11-04-2013, 05:45 AM
With the way the rules have changed over the years, just about anybody can be a 'franchise' QB for a season, or a few games. It isn't unusual anymore for a rookie to come in and be able to contribute, immediately. I miss the old days, when a team actually had to groom a QB for a couple of years before handing over the keys. We put the team on EJ's shoulders, lets give him a couple of seasons and see what he can be.

I doubt very much we take a corner in the first this off season, we still need olinemen more than anything (although I will admit that unit played a damn good game yesterday, with 200+ yards rushing and zero sacks)

X-Era
11-04-2013, 06:11 AM
With the way the rules have changed over the years, just about anybody can be a 'franchise' QB for a season, or a few games. It isn't unusual anymore for a rookie to come in and be able to contribute, immediately. I miss the old days, when a team actually had to groom a QB for a couple of years before handing over the keys. We put the team on EJ's shoulders, lets give him a couple of seasons and see what he can be.

I doubt very much we take a corner in the first this off season, we still need olinemen more than anything (although I will admit that unit played a damn good game yesterday, with 200+ yards rushing and zero sacks)
Agree I don't see a CB in the 1st.

Pears got beat bad on one play. With our top 15-10 pick I could see a OT although I'd rather see if Hairston can take the job when he gets back.

LG is a huge need but there isn't anyone that high in the draft in my opinion.

Which kind of opens up where we could go... TE, OLB, WR, S may be considerations.

Not everyone sees WR as a need but I do. Stevie is great in teh slot and Robert Woods is solid. So who's our other outside starting WR? Neither Graham nor Goodwin is adequate for me.

Right now I like Khalil Mack, Marqise Lee, Sammy Watkins, and Eric Ebron possibly Sefarian-Jenkins

TacklingDummy
11-04-2013, 06:51 AM
Only in Buffalo do we say the 30th ranked defense is really good.

24th in Points allowed per game.

RedEyE
11-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Only in Buffalo do we say the 30th ranked defense is really good.

24th in Points allowed per game.

The line is pretty darn good. The linebackers aren't horrendous. But the secondary leaves a little to be desired. Some of that is due to injury.

Regardless, yesterday had nothing to do with the defense.

imbondz
11-04-2013, 08:16 AM
My feeling is that we literally draft a QB every year until we hit the jackpot. With rookie salaries capped, and QB the most important position why not. Were starting a practice squad QB. It's crazy. If no reasonably good QB falls to us in the draft then no. But in general, draft a QB every year until we truly find our franchise QB.