X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Please don't blame the coaches for yesterday's debaucle

It lies on one person, and one person only. Jeff Tuel. That was the worst throw in Bills history. Stevie wide ***cing open. Game, set, match. Not to mention the 5 times (at least) that he made awful attempts at deep balls, that should've been big plays.

He's ***cing terrible. I don't care that he's undrafted and a rookie. I don't care how inexperienced he is. You don't need experience to throw a deep ball. Either you can do it, or you can't. He clearly can't. If he has to play another down as a Bill, I will puke.
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Please don't blame the coaches for yesterday's debaucle

I thought that was the best coached game we have seen all season.

Comment

• Turf
      • Jul 2002

Watching this team compete, and at some part of almost every game say, hey, we're going to beat the hell out of these guys, tells me this coaching staff has really done a remarkable job with very little at the QB position. I still have an issue with their clock management skills, but I don't think any teams are licking their chops to play us anymore.
      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
        I thought that was the best coached game we have seen all season.
        Except for the horrible coaching decision of starting Tuel over Flynnsanity.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

Tuel has been on the team since camp. They see him in practice. I can only think he was more prepared to play the game ... and he didn't do that poorly. Botched the play on the goal line or we probably win the game. It is what it is....

Comment

• Jry44
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
            Have you not seen Matt Flynn play for his last two teams? He wasn't much better than Tuel. Also too, he's only been on the roster for something like three weeks. There's no way he knew enough of the play book.

If someone told me before the season that our QB situation would have been what it is at this point in the season, I would say that we would be 0-9 easily. The fact that we've still been some what competitive says wonders about the job the coaching staff has done in preparing this team through out game week.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
              I can't really blame the coaches. Flynn has been a tremendous disappointment for every team he's been on. Not sure how we expect that to change in Buffalo. I'll admit, I have no idea what kind of arm he has, and if he would've been any better stretching the field.

One of them will be cut when EJ comes back, and I'm betting it's Flynn.

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

I love this response by Marrone:

Q: How do you get over that hump?
                A: I’m pissed. I’m going to use that type of energy. I’m going to go home, not talk to anybody, just shut it down. I’m going to be by myself, I’m not going to pet my dog and I’m going to get fired up. I’m going to come to work tomorrow, I’m going to watch this film, I’m going to be a pro, I’m going to be a man. I’m just going to look at it and what can we do better. How do we coach things better situationally? What can I do first? What can the coaches do second? Then we’re going to go to work and get ready to go. We’re not out of the playoffs. We’re a good football team that is not making the plays that we have to make. We play extremely hard, we fight through adversity, but we’re just not making the plays at the times that we need to make it. And that’s everybody.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

It's hard not to feel kind of sorry for Marrone. He has the team ready to bust their balls to win every week, but he just doesn't have the QB to make enough plays to do it. Thad starts to show promise, then he gets crushed. Tuel looks pretty decent, then he throws a terrible pick 6 that completely changed the game.

I would give my left nut to have Alex Smith right now.

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

i will go to my grave saying it was mega-stupid to ask my never started before rookie to make that pass in that exact situation

going up by ten probably put their win chance at around eighty per cent. if they run the ball there they still have an excellent chance to get a touchdown. if you dont, you are still up by ten

that will be a massive gameday coaching blunder even when im dead and sitting in heaven. ah who am i kidding, ill be sitting in hell - where it will still be a bad call
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

i mean, im literally standing in my dads living room BEGGING for them to run it one more time and FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY IN THE WORLD to please for the love of dog do NOT have him throw the god damn football

and then they did. oye fkg vey
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

the bills are becoming a better team, but they keep making mistakes. tuel should have thrown a better pass, but what coachings staff gets their teamdown to the 1 with the chance to go up 2 scores with a very effective run game and doesn't stuff it down their throat? And then doesn't run with their 4th option at QB playing.

i thought coaching looked good for the most part, but they get hyper aggressive at times when status quo would be fine. why throw a slant at the 1 insteawd of the corner where if it doesn't work, it's incomplete and you try again?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                          Pinkerton's son
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                          i mean, im literally standing in my dads living room BEGGING for them to run it one more time and FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY IN THE WORLD to please for the love of dog do NOT have him throw the god damn football

and then they did. oye fkg vey
                          I understand your logic in wanting them to run, but when Stevie is literally WIDE OPEN, it was actually a decent play call. We caught them off guard and Tuel simply showed why he needs to be cut ASAP. Its a bit of a chicken-or-the-egg argument because Tuel sucks so we shouldnt throw, but they didnt expect us to throw so we should throw, but Tuel sucks so we shouldnt throw, etc etc.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

My wife, who knows nothing about football except that the Bills suck, was watching with me. She said "They'll blow it." I responded "Yep, probably a pick six the other way."

2 seconds later I'm in the laundry room sobbing and cursing at the same time.

I swear to Christ, I'm going to have a stroke watching a Bills game.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                              I swear to Christ, I'm going to have a stroke watching a Bills game.
                              I'm going to prevent that by not watching the rest of the season, and not buying the Sunday Ticket next year.

If they ever get their heads out of their asses - which I seriously doubt - I'll be pleased. But to expend so much emotional energy on one of the very worst franchises in NFL history is counterproductive, and damaging to my physical and mental well-being.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X