PDA

View Full Version : EJ has been cleared to return.

The King
11-04-2013, 09:20 AM
According the universe.

Pinkerton Security
11-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Well if Dan Dierdorf=the Universe, then perhaps.

X-Era
11-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Well if Dan Dierdorf=the Universe, then perhaps.
No. Dan Dierdorf is the black hole of the media universe. It's where positivity is drawn in and destroyed.

Pinkerton Security
11-04-2013, 09:52 AM
So Bills mobile does say he has been cleared, and that its up to the coaches to determine when he'll play. Was he not cleared when he was practicing last week??

DraftBoy
11-04-2013, 09:53 AM
There is absolutely no reason to rush him back, if he's not 100% ready to go then sit him again this week. We have nothing to play for and while he needs the snaps another injury is the worst case scenario right now.

EDS
11-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Good if true. Perfect timing since Pittsburgh's defense is awful so should be an easy game to get back in the swing of things.

Bill Cody
11-04-2013, 09:57 AM
The time table for his return was 4-6 weeks. If he plays Sunday it will be 5. Sounds like he's right on schedule.

jamze132
11-04-2013, 10:27 AM
He needs to play so he can gain experience. Simple as that.

RedEyE
11-04-2013, 10:48 AM
This^^^^^

Meathead
11-04-2013, 10:59 AM
There is absolutely no reason to rush him back, if he's not 100% ready to go then sit him again this week. We have nothing to play for and while he needs the snaps another injury is the worst case scenario right now.

as tiny a likelihood that it is, the bills could still make the playoffs with a 6-1 record the rest of the way. this team doesnt appear ready to make that kind of run but they do appear to be on the brink

its marrones job to believe they can get that done so for him there is a reason to err on the side of getting their best qb option in there if at all possible. and for me as a fan i want to keep that faint possibility alive

if they have to go another game with Thaddiator or Stuel Sample they might be able to get a win against the suddenly awful steelers. but despite some good things weve learned about the backups weve also learned ej is the best option if all three were available to play

Homegrown
11-04-2013, 11:11 AM
He needs to play so he can gain experience. Simple as that.

This^^^^^

co-signed

trapezeus
11-04-2013, 11:45 AM
i agree we need to have EJ playing in a lost season so that he's as good as he can be next year. The only caveat being, it's not worth rushing him this week with the bye the following week. give him 3 weeks to be fully healed to see how he performs for the last 5 games.

additionally, if he gets hurt again after being 100%, you might need to look at wasting another high draft pick on a QB. He'd be injury prone. 3 injuries in one season?

i like him and hope he's the answer, but we need accuracy from him (which should come as he gets comfortable with game speed and offense) and durability (something that isn't learned).

TacklingDummy
11-04-2013, 11:59 AM
2 games out of the Wild Card with 7 games left, 4 of them against losing teams, 1 against .500 team (miami), 1 against 5-4 team the Jets (who hold final WC) and 1 against a team that will have division clinched, is nothing to play for?

DynaPaul
11-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Thank God! I can't bear another week of watching us throw some scrub QB in there who'll unwittingly sabotage the offense with boneheaded plays. If someone is going to screw up in there I'd rather it be a guy who we plan on developing long term.

SquishDaFish
11-04-2013, 12:09 PM
I usually don't agree with td but on this I do completely

DraftBoy
11-04-2013, 12:10 PM
2 games out of the Wild Card with 7 games left, 4 of them against losing teams, 1 against .500 team (miami), 1 against 5-4 team the Jets (who hold final WC) and 1 against a team that will have division clinched, is nothing to play for?

Yes.

Forward_Lateral
11-04-2013, 12:12 PM
I completely disagree that the Bills are out of it. I think 9-7, maybe even 8-8 has a shot at a wild card spot this year.

DraftBoy
11-04-2013, 12:14 PM
I completely disagree that the Bills are out of it. I think 9-7, maybe even 8-8 has a shot at a wild card spot this year.

And what makes you think we have a shot at 9-7 or 8-8 at this point?

BidsJr
11-04-2013, 12:19 PM

That if we had Alex Smith instead of the Chiefs, we might be the team that is 9-0.

If EJ can be barely above average for 7 games 5-2 is a real possibility.

Novacane
11-04-2013, 12:20 PM

Outside of the Pats which I assume is a loss the remaining 13-36 combined record of our opponents has me thinking 8-8 is possible.

TacklingDummy
11-04-2013, 12:25 PM

Steelers: 2-6
NJJ: 5-4 (hold final WC)
Falcons: 2-6
Tampa: 0-8
Jags: 0-8
Dolphins: 4-4 (who we already beat)
New England: 7-2 (will be meaningless game for them)

There is absolutely everything to play for and it starts next week beating the Steelers.

X-Era
11-04-2013, 12:27 PM

There is absolutely everything to play for and it starts next week beating the Steelers. I agree they are all winnable. It has to start this week. We have to get over the hump this week. Learn to close out games and deliver the plays that make us win.

We're getting healthier than we've ever been. Gilmore, Byrd, CJ, maybe Freddy, EJ all on the field at once finally.

The secondary showed what they can be. This defense can be dominant. The offense can run the ball and EJ can make enough plays with his throws. The team is good enough to win enough games out of the rest of our schedule. But will they? They have to learn to believe they can and will win any game.

DraftBoy
11-04-2013, 12:27 PM

There is absolutely everything to play for and it starts next week beating the Steelers.

And all of those teams (except the Jags) are thinking the same thing about us. I don't see us going anymore than .500 in that stretch.

Forward_Lateral
11-04-2013, 12:31 PM

With any resemblance of a QB yesterday, they'd have won. They've been in every game, with maybe the Saints game as an exception. The upcoming schedule is easier than what they've faced so far this year.

All of those things combined, I'd say the team has a decent shot at 8 wins.

Forward_Lateral
11-04-2013, 12:33 PM
And all of those teams (except the Jags) are thinking the same thing about us. I don't see us going anymore than .500 in that stretch.

Jax and Tampa out right suck. Atlanta is sucking. The Dolphins are a complete mess. The Steelers can't keep Ben upright, and can't stop anyone on Defense. I think every game is winnable.

Ed
11-04-2013, 01:03 PM
I don't think EJ needs to be 100% to play this week, but if he's hobbled and rusty it wouldn't kill us to give him this game and the bye to be fully ready to go. The Steelers are bad enough this year that we should have a decent chance of winning with or without EJ.

I'd like to see EJ play and I think he will, but if he's not 100% just limit his running/scrambling and just make sure he's always sliding, getting out of bounds, or throwing it away.

Don't Panic
11-04-2013, 01:19 PM
They're not putting EJ out there unless he is 100% or extremely close to it. If he's cleared, he's ready. Let the magical run begin...

DraftBoy
11-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Jax and Tampa out right suck. Atlanta is sucking. The Dolphins are a complete mess. The Steelers can't keep Ben upright, and can't stop anyone on Defense. I think every game is winnable.

I have zero desire to risk a franchise QB for at best a WC birth and a first round exit (which I maintain I don't believe we truly have a shot at). This year has not ever been about W/L for me, I will not be judging this teams success on that playoffs or no playoffs.

X-Era
11-04-2013, 02:26 PM
I have zero desire to risk a franchise QB for at best a WC birth and a first round exit (which I maintain I don't believe we truly have a shot at). This year has not ever been about W/L for me, I will not be judging this teams success on that playoffs or no playoffs.
I agree with you. I won't be judging their success that way either.

Night Train
11-04-2013, 05:22 PM
He said he can't wait to take off running and challenge the LB's. :up:

JoeMama
11-04-2013, 06:49 PM
I'm thrilled to get EJ back.

The offense seemed to have a certain pace and rhythm while he was at the helm.

Despite being a rookie, he had kind of a game manager quality that we could use at the moment.

mightysimi
11-04-2013, 06:57 PM
I'm thrilled to get EJ back.

The offense seemed to have a pace and rhythm and pace while he was at the helm.

Despite being a rookie, he had kind of a game manager quality that we could use at the moment.

Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge!

JoeMama
11-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge!

That was true during the Jets game.

But he showed good composure most of his starts.

BertSquirtgum
11-04-2013, 07:47 PM

Dumb post.

Mr. Pink
11-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Steelers: 2-6 Who scored 31 on the Pats and were still embarrassed on national TV...they'll come out playing hard to prove a point. That and when was the last time the Bills won in Pittsburgh? 1992? L
NJJ: 5-4 winnable game depending on which Geno Smith shows up
Falcons: 2-6 game in Toronto. Matty Ice. L
Tampa: 0-8 this is a winnable game as well
Jags: 0-8 this is a win W
Dolphins: 4-4 (who we already beat) I generally go with we split these guys. But it's winnable.
New England: 7-2 (will be meaningless game for them) New England doesn't care about meaningless games. L

The Falcons or Bucs game is technically fine to lose tbh as 9-7 with a 7-5 conference record probably will be good enough to make the playoffs. Can't afford to lose to any conference opponents however because 9-7 and 6-6 in conference might not be good enough. 2 losses anywhere on that schedule and it's season over.

Personally I think we're already done as we're not going 6-1 with the only loss being to Atlanta.

We'll beat the Jags and then win 1 or 2 of the 3 winnable games to likely go 6-10....again.

better days
11-05-2013, 07:19 AM

WHAT RISK? EJ has been cleared by the Dr's to play.

There is NO risk as far as EJ's health goes.

IMO EJ needs to play every game he is healthy enough to play to get EXPERIENCE, win or lose.

And thank God the Clowns on this board that wanted Thad to play even after EJ got healthy have come to their senses.