PDA

View Full Version : What should the Bills do with Tuel?

The King
11-04-2013, 10:17 AM
After two appearances from Jeff Tuel I think it's safe to say we all have an opinion on the Tuel experiment.

What say you? What should the Bills do with Jeff Tuel?

How do you feel about the QB depth now? Manuel, Lewis, Tuel, Flynn?

Bangarang
11-04-2013, 10:18 AM
They can only release him or keep him.

Don't think he's practice squad eligible because he's been active for 6 games.

Pinkerton Security
11-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Ill tell you what they shouldnt do, and that is start him at QB next week. I dont care if its Matt Flynn or EJ or Thad or Doug Legursky at QB, I dont want to see any more of Tuel. Tuel's time is up.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Cut him when Manuel returns. Lewis is a better project for the #2/#3 spot.

Forward_Lateral
11-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Practice squad, if he's eligible. If not, I guess cut Flynn?

I hope they've seen enough from Thad to see that he's a better option as a backup than Tuel is, right now.

The King
11-04-2013, 10:23 AM
They can only release him or keep him.

Don't think he's practice squad eligible because he's been active for 6 games.

I'm not clear on this.

A player is eligible if he does not have an accrued season of NFL experience. Players gain an accrued season by being on the active roster for at least six games.
If a player has one accrued season, they can still be practice squad eligible if they were on the 45-man active gameday roster for less than nine regular season games.

Forward_Lateral
11-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Was Dennis Dixon not active for a bunch of games with Pitt? He's on Buffalo's practice squad, no?

I think Tuel is eligible.

Mr. Pink
11-04-2013, 10:27 AM
As of right now, when everyone is healthy, it'll be Manuel 1 Lewis 2.

Whoever is 3 is meaningless...so you keep the guy who's shown something at the NFL level on the field.

Keep Flynn and cut Tuel.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not clear on this.

A player is eligible if he does not have an accrued season of NFL experience. Players gain an accrued season by being on the active roster for at least six games.
If a player has one accrued season, they can still be practice squad eligible if they were on the 45-man active gameday roster for less than nine regular season games.

Was Dennis Dixon not active for a bunch of games with Pitt? He's on Buffalo's practice squad, no?

I think Tuel is eligible.

Tuel has been active every week, which would be 9 games now.

pmoon6
11-04-2013, 10:30 AM
The saga of Jeff Tuel.

Buffalo cuts him and NE picks him up. He sits behind Brady and Mallett, Brady retires and Tuel beats Mallett out for the starting job.

He goes on to beat Buffalo twice a year for 8 years.

MidnightVoice
11-04-2013, 10:31 AM
The saga of Jeff Tuel.

Buffalo cuts him and NE picks him up. He sits behind Brady and Mallett, Brady retires and Tuel beats Mallett out for the starting job.

:D

jimmifli
11-04-2013, 10:46 AM
The saga of Jeff Tuel.

He seems capable of making quick decisions and good reads. He had a few really bad reads but nothing you wouldn't expect from a rookie (let alone an undrafted rookie that didn't get 1st team snaps until recently). The problem is his arm. I know Moormon didn't have the best day, but a deep ball shouldn't have a higher the trajectory than a punt. Maybe that's mechanics that can be corrected, but man the ball was sailing on him when he managed to get some zip, and when he didn't... it looked like he was lobbing three pointers from half court.

I don't see much future there.

pmoon6
11-04-2013, 10:51 AM
I'm still wondering why they call late round and undrafted QB's "developmental".

Does that mean they will take a few years before they could be ready to play?

Meathead
11-04-2013, 10:51 AM
before i would even consider letting him go i would need to answer the question why some of his passes were floating

any rookie in history is easily capable of making the same goalline blunder that he did. heck, most middling vets are capable of that to a lesser degree. he obviously knows the offense well and was doing a nice job of picking out guys not named stevie standing alone in the back of the ez. hes certainly shown enough to me to think his normal rookie mistakes are correctable and he definitely would be worth using the qb3 roster spot for the rest of the season if they decided to go with youth sucking over the experienced sucking of flynn

but if that floating ball of tuels isnt correctable then thats a fatal flaw and i would indeed cut him in that case

Victor7
11-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Send him to practice squad and try to work on his floating deep ball. If it can't be corrected then let him go. Flynn and Lewis are better suited to be our back ups.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-04-2013, 10:54 AM
I'm still wondering why they call late round and undrafted QB's "developmental".

Does that mean they will take a few years before they could be ready to play?

The problem is that there is only so much you can actually develop at this level. Guys can be coached to make better decisions but accuracy is pretty much established by this age, and he doesn't have it.

X-Era
11-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Cut him when Manuel returns. Lewis is a better project for the #2/#3 spot.
:clap:

I think he'll be released in the coming days. May not be before the Pitt game but probably soon after.

X-Era
11-04-2013, 12:03 PM
...Or not:

"QB Matt Flynn has been released and FB Evan Rodriguez has been signed to the 53-man roster."

From BB.com. Shows what I know.

I don't get it. Must be they feel Flynn cannot grasp an offense.

paladin warrior
11-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Too late

Buffalo Bills (https://www.facebook.com/BuffaloBills?ref=stream&hc_location=stream)
The Bills have released QB Matt Flynn and signed FB Evan Rodiguez to the 53-man roster.