PDA

View Full Version : Goosefrabba

DesertFox24
11-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Well now that I have calmed down and am not on the verge of punching my tv I think I can say some things.

I really like this team, I love watching this defense. I have always been a fan of good defensive teams that teams hate to play.

Pettine is as good as advertised and Marrone gets credit for hiring him and this defense. I expect Pettine to be here for 3 years total if he keeps up this track record, but hopefully one of the def assistants is good enough to take his place when he leaves.

Hackett the guy is getting better every game and to do what he did with all the injuries to our backs, QB, and WRs is props to me. I love how everyone is bashing him for throwing on third down and were bashing him against the bengals for running on 4 straight downs. You cannot have it both ways guys, he called a play KC played it well Tuel should have eatten the sack. What do you expect with a rookie undrafted QB, heck if EJ made that mistake it would have been a normal rook mistake. Yeah it was a 10 point swing and sucked but we need to keep our mind on the fact that no one here believed we were playoff capable this year. To many rookies and new schemes.

Ok things that concern me, some of the good players we have are getting older and older and might not be the same next year. Some key UFAs may not be resigned and that could really hurt us.

I hope we resign the following:
Chandler (bad game yesterday been good all year)
Carrington
Branch

As much as I like Bryd I am not sure 9 mil a year to a safety is worth it, but I will not be disappointed if they keep him or let him walk. The thing that makes we weary to pay him is how important is a safety to this defense?

WagonCircler
11-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Well now that I have calmed down and am not on the verge of punching my tv I think I can say some things.

I really like this team, I love watching this defense. I have always been a fan of good defensive teams that teams hate to play.

Pettine is as good as advertised and Marrone gets credit for hiring him and this defense. I expect Pettine to be here for 3 years total if he keeps up this track record, but hopefully one of the def assistants is good enough to take his place when he leaves.

Hackett the guy is getting better every game and to do what he did with all the injuries to our backs, QB, and WRs is props to me. I love how everyone is bashing him for throwing on third down and were bashing him against the bengals for running on 4 straight downs. You cannot have it both ways guys, he called a play KC played it well Tuel should have eatten the sack. What do you expect with a rookie undrafted QB, heck if EJ made that mistake it would have been a normal rook mistake. Yeah it was a 10 point swing and sucked but we need to keep our mind on the fact that no one here believed we were playoff capable this year. To many rookies and new schemes.

Ok things that concern me, some of the good players we have are getting older and older and might not be the same next year. Some key UFAs may not be resigned and that could really hurt us.

I hope we resign the following:
Chandler (bad game yesterday been good all year)
Carrington
Branch

As much as I like Bryd I am not sure 9 mil a year to a safety is worth it, but I will not be disappointed if they keep him or let him walk. The thing that makes we weary to pay him is how important is a safety to this defense?

I'm with you on Pettine, but I think Hackett has pretty much mirrored all the QBs. Sometimes surprisingly good, but very inconsistent and prone to making devastating mistakes.

DesertFox24
11-04-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm with you on Pettine, but I think Hackett has pretty much mirrored all the QBs. Sometimes surprisingly good, but very inconsistent and prone to making devastating mistakes.

Not going to disagree but I think he has some talent and will become a good coach in the league 5 years from now if we are playoff teams for a couple of years he will be head man.

OpIv37
11-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Wow- a Bills coordinator who leaves because he got picked off for another coaching gig instead of getting fired.

When was the last time that actually happened?

DesertFox24
11-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Wow- a Bills coordinator who leaves because he got picked off for another coaching gig instead of getting fired.

When was the last time that actually happened?

LOL probably the glory days.

Is there a Marv Levy coaching tree.....

Oh wait no we did not pay to have good coordinators back then.

At least we paid to get Pettine and Marrone maybe there is a change at OBD.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-04-2013, 02:53 PM
LOL probably the glory days.

Is there a Marv Levy coaching tree.....

Oh wait no we did not pay to have good coordinators back then.

At least we paid to get Pettine and Marrone maybe there is a change at OBD.

Ted Marchibroda? Wade Phillips?