PDA

View Full Version : One thing we can all agree on.

The King
11-04-2013, 12:53 PM
The White Out the Ralph Campaign was a colossal failure.
http://prod.images.bills.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BILLS/assets/images/imported/BUF/photos/clubimages/2013/11-November/tempAP154347052671_0--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720
http://prod.images.bills.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BILLS/assets/images/imported/BUF/photos/clubimages/2013/11-November/tempAP702984192879--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

trapezeus
11-04-2013, 12:57 PM
white outs work if that's part of your culture or some company provides white t-shirts.

buffalo simply doesn't do the "wear the same colors" thing that other teams do. isn't a big deal. don't knkow why we are supposed to follow other team's trends.

Pinkerton Security
11-04-2013, 01:03 PM
It is an inexpensive marketing ploy, one that doesnt require them to spend much extra money but hopefully boost interest. It didnt work lol. I didnt even know it was supposed to be a whiteout other than us wearing the whites at home.

The King
11-04-2013, 01:05 PM
white outs work if that's part of your culture or some company provides white t-shirts.

buffalo simply doesn't do the "wear the same colors" thing that other teams do. isn't a big deal. don't knkow why we are supposed to follow other team's trends.

Right the only way it works is if you provide the shirts. Pom Poms don't count.

Ed
11-04-2013, 01:11 PM
It looked like there were way too many Chiefs fans there for a white out to have worked. It didn't help that at least half the Bills fans showed up in blue or something else. They tried this last year, or the year before against the Jets and it didn't really seem to work either.

If you're going to spend money on pom poms, why not just put an XL white tee shirt on every seat? I doubt there would be a huge cost difference.

THATHURMANATOR
11-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Yeah no one was wearing white...

ServoBillieves
11-04-2013, 01:22 PM
WHITE OUT! Let's give them towels... Wait...

Yeah, no one cares in WNY to dress in their away Roscoe Parrish/Coy Wire/Ryan Fitzpatrick/JP Losman/Marcus Stroud/Troy Vincent/Drew Bledsoe/Marvcus Patton for a home game.

This team is begging to get moved. Ralph will die within 2 years, and the new owner(s) will move the team. They want as much disinterest in the team as possible so we don't feel as bad when the team leaves. It astonishes me as an optimist that a team that fights this hard makes so many small mistakes to still seem relevant when the writing is on the wall.

OLDSRIP
11-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Yeah no one was wearing white...

It's after Labor Day, duh.

THATHURMANATOR
11-04-2013, 01:30 PM
WHITE OUT! Let's give them towels... Wait...

Yeah, no one cares in WNY to dress in their away Roscoe Parrish/Coy Wire/Ryan Fitzpatrick/JP Losman/Marcus Stroud/Troy Vincent/Drew Bledsoe/Marvcus Patton for a home game.

This team is begging to get moved. Ralph will die within 2 years, and the new owner(s) will move the team. They want as much disinterest in the team as possible so we don't feel as bad when the team leaves. It astonishes me as an optimist that a team that fights this hard makes so many small mistakes to still seem relevant when the writing is on the wall.

What are you even trying to say here?

SpikedLemonade
11-04-2013, 01:35 PM
I think he is correctly pointing out that when there is a new owner the likelihood is that this team will eventually move.

The only way this team stays after that 8th year of the lease clause is if the taxpayers buy the new owner a new stadium.

I don't believe there is a conspiracy in place now however.

THATHURMANATOR
11-04-2013, 01:39 PM
I would be highly surprised if the team moved.

I also don't see how a failed "White Out" means anything at all.

If it failed due to empty seats then maybe but people here don't care about lame **** like that.

Only way it would have worked would be if they handed out shirts at the gate.

Dude
11-04-2013, 01:48 PM
White outs never work with outdoor sports when it's cold. Not enough people own white jackets and who the hell is going to go to a game in a sweatshirt when it's 30 degrees? Someday sports marketing departments will figure this out.

That is why it was a failure.

Homegrown
11-04-2013, 02:00 PM
White outs never work with outdoor sports when it's cold. Not enough people own white jackets and who the hell is going to go to a game in a sweatshirt when it's 30 degrees? Someday sports marketing departments will figure this out.

That is why it was a failure.

Yep ... "hey lets do a White-Out in November" ... what a dumb-ass idea
http://www.nittanylionsden.com/images/stories/61407_27.gif

WagonCircler
11-04-2013, 02:02 PM

Is that picture from Saturday?

Generalissimus Gibby
11-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Well no ****, turns out that the last time the Chiefs beat us in Buffalo we were wearing white, yeah it was Kelly's first season here. Dear Ralph and whoever does our marketing. . . . DON'T WEAR ALL WHITE AT HOME EVER AGAIN!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvCqe0ulFWw\

Focus starting at the 2:15 mark.

JoeMama
11-04-2013, 08:33 PM
I get so sick of the Bills to LA nattering.

We often get mentioned in the same breath as the Jaguars as a prospective LA team but little known fact, the Jags have better attendance than the Bucs or Phins.

There are a lot of other deserving teams on that list, I promise you.

We don't belong in that category. Bills fans will keep this thing afloat even if all the losing says otherwise.

I get that sky boxes are all the rage, but we're not without deep pocketed donors.

BertSquirtgum
11-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Can we all agree that Jeff Tuel sucks?

clumping platelets
11-04-2013, 10:14 PM
I thought you weren't supposed to wear white after Labor Day :scratch:

Meathead
11-04-2013, 10:21 PM
white out is a racist term anyway

WagonCircler
11-04-2013, 10:28 PM
I get so sick of the Bills to LA nattering.

We often get mentioned in the same breath as the Jaguars as a prospective LA team but little known fact, the Jags have better attendance than the Bucs or Phins.

There are a lot of other deserving teams on that list, I promise you.

We don't belong in that category. Bills fans will keep this thing afloat even if all the losing says otherwise.

I get that sky boxes are all the rage, but we're not without deep pocketed donors.

Also, I saw a report on TV (can't remember what channel) that said the NFL is leaning strongly toward a 2-team expansion, London and LA, which makes way more sense than any team moving, given the the owners would split over $2 BIL in franchise fees.

This is exactly why LA has been off limits for so long.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-05-2013, 12:30 AM

Penn State announces the White Out a month in advance (http://www.gopsusports.com/genrel/091213aaa.html) and it helps that a large chunk of the fans are students that they can easily communicate with.

Meanwhile, Buffalo announces this 3 days before the game in a blog post and a mobile alert.

Mr. Cynical
11-05-2013, 12:50 AM
Well no ****, turns out that the last time the Chiefs beat us in Buffalo we were wearing white, yeah it was Kelly's first season here. Dear Ralph and whoever does our marketing. . . . DON'T WEAR ALL WHITE AT HOME EVER AGAIN!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvCqe0ulFWw\

Focus starting at the 2:15 mark.

Off topic but this video really just poked me in the eye with a sharp stick

Kelly. Kelly. Kelly. If anyone doubts why we need a franchise QB, just watch this clip. He threw to NO NAMES and made it look easy. Teal? WTF was that? Exactly. Yes he had a great OL and I also believe that is crucial to being elite. But man, just seeing what he did again peeves me to no end, realizing how AWFUL we've been at that position for so long. I mean, just look at those throws. And, the plays. Execution, Execution, Execution. Another thing sorely missing.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Back to the OT. What was it again? White something?

stuckincincy
11-05-2013, 05:55 AM
Penn State announces the White Out a month in advance (http://www.gopsusports.com/genrel/091213aaa.html) and it helps that a large chunk of the fans are students that they can easily communicate with.

And indoctrinate.

DraftBoy
11-05-2013, 06:30 AM

Meanwhile, Buffalo announces this 3 days before the game in a blog post and a mobile alert.

Yea it was just stupidity on the Bills part on this. You announce these events way in advance and provide the free shirt. That way even if its 20 outside fans can wear their hoodie and then put the free t-shirt on over it.

JoeMama
11-05-2013, 07:29 AM
Also, I saw a report on TV (can't remember what channel) that said the NFL is leaning strongly toward a 2-team expansion, London and LA, which makes way more sense than any team moving, given the the owners would split over $2 BIL in franchise fees.

This is exactly why LA has been off limits for so long.

Good, I hadn't seen that.

LA seems like a boogeyman that owners use to spook people into buying more tickets... buy, buy, buy or else I'll relocate.

I'd sooner see an expansion team go there, but I don't know how they intend to make it work this time around. There's too much to do in LA. People don't need football to have a good time. Fan interest is tepid at best.

I also don't understand the logistics of a London team. That's a nightmare trip 8 times a year. Plus, tax laws are so different in the UK, I'm not sure how the NFL can maintain its financial model without throwing a monkey wrench in it.