• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

One thing we can all agree on.

The White Out the Ralph Campaign was a colossal failure.

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: One thing we can all agree on.

white outs work if that's part of your culture or some company provides white t-shirts.

buffalo simply doesn't do the "wear the same colors" thing that other teams do. isn't a big deal. don't knkow why we are supposed to follow other team's trends.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

It is an inexpensive marketing ploy, one that doesnt require them to spend much extra money but hopefully boost interest. It didnt work lol. I didnt even know it was supposed to be a whiteout other than us wearing the whites at home.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
        white outs work if that's part of your culture or some company provides white t-shirts.

buffalo simply doesn't do the "wear the same colors" thing that other teams do. isn't a big deal. don't knkow why we are supposed to follow other team's trends.
        Right the only way it works is if you provide the shirts. Pom Poms don't count.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

It looked like there were way too many Chiefs fans there for a white out to have worked. It didn't help that at least half the Bills fans showed up in blue or something else. They tried this last year, or the year before against the Jets and it didn't really seem to work either.

If you're going to spend money on pom poms, why not just put an XL white tee shirt on every seat? I doubt there would be a huge cost difference.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Yeah no one was wearing white...

Comment

• ServoBillieves
              The Voice of Reason
              • Jul 2007

WHITE OUT! Let's give them towels... Wait...

Yeah, no one cares in WNY to dress in their away Roscoe Parrish/Coy Wire/Ryan Fitzpatrick/JP Losman/Marcus Stroud/Troy Vincent/Drew Bledsoe/Marvcus Patton for a home game.

This team is begging to get moved. Ralph will die within 2 years, and the new owner(s) will move the team. They want as much disinterest in the team as possible so we don't feel as bad when the team leaves. It astonishes me as an optimist that a team that fights this hard makes so many small mistakes to still seem relevant when the writing is on the wall.
              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• OLDSRIP
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
                Yeah no one was wearing white...
                It's after Labor Day, duh.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
                  WHITE OUT! Let's give them towels... Wait...

Yeah, no one cares in WNY to dress in their away Roscoe Parrish/Coy Wire/Ryan Fitzpatrick/JP Losman/Marcus Stroud/Troy Vincent/Drew Bledsoe/Marvcus Patton for a home game.

This team is begging to get moved. Ralph will die within 2 years, and the new owner(s) will move the team. They want as much disinterest in the team as possible so we don't feel as bad when the team leaves. It astonishes me as an optimist that a team that fights this hard makes so many small mistakes to still seem relevant when the writing is on the wall.
                  What are you even trying to say here?

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                    • Jun 2024

I think he is correctly pointing out that when there is a new owner the likelihood is that this team will eventually move.

The only way this team stays after that 8th year of the lease clause is if the taxpayers buy the new owner a new stadium.

I don't believe there is a conspiracy in place now however.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

I would be highly surprised if the team moved.

I also don't see how a failed "White Out" means anything at all.

If it failed due to empty seats then maybe but people here don't care about lame **** like that.

Only way it would have worked would be if they handed out shirts at the gate.

Comment

• Dude
                        that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
                        • Feb 2005

White outs never work with outdoor sports when it's cold. Not enough people own white jackets and who the hell is going to go to a game in a sweatshirt when it's 30 degrees? Someday sports marketing departments will figure this out.

That is why it was a failure.

Comment

• Homegrown
                          Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Dude View Post
                          White outs never work with outdoor sports when it's cold. Not enough people own white jackets and who the hell is going to go to a game in a sweatshirt when it's 30 degrees? Someday sports marketing departments will figure this out.

That is why it was a failure.
                          Yep ... "hey lets do a White-Out in November" ... what a dumb-ass idea

Comment

• WagonCircler
                            Escaped Convict
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Homegrown View Post
                            Yep ... "hey lets do a White-Out in November" ... what a dumb-ass idea

Is that picture from Saturday?

Comment

• Gibby
                              • Jun 2006

Well no ****, turns out that the last time the Chiefs beat us in Buffalo we were wearing white, yeah it was Kelly's first season here. Dear Ralph and whoever does our marketing. . . . DON'T WEAR ALL WHITE AT HOME EVER AGAIN!!!!

\

Focus starting at the 2:15 mark.

Comment

Working...
                              X