PDA

View Full Version : another positive look on the rebuild.

JATMtheJATM
11-04-2013, 08:31 PM
http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/11/04/latest-moves-proves-buffalo-making-the-most-of-rebuild/

warning though. the author feels darcy is doing great in regards to the rebuild.

Ginger Vitis
11-04-2013, 09:27 PM
http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/11/04/latest-moves-proves-buffalo-making-the-most-of-rebuild/

warning though. the author feels darcy is doing great in regards to the rebuild.

The thing that stood out in that article to me was Top Shelf prospects ranking the Sabres 3rd in the NHL organizational prospect quality.. I wonder if they are 3rd because the last 2 years they have had a boatload of players drafted in the 1st and 2nd rounds.. and they got Larsson and Hackett from the Pominville trade. if that site graded organizations on how many 1st line forwards and No.1 and No.2 defensemen are in there system I don't think the sabres would be 3rd overall

JATMtheJATM
11-04-2013, 09:32 PM
The thing that stood out in that article to me was Top Shelf prospects ranking the Sabres 3rd in the NHL organizational prospect quality.. I wonder if they are 3rd because the last 2 years they have had a boatload of players drafted in the 1st and 2nd rounds.. and they got Larsson and Hackett from the Pominville trade. if that site graded organizations on how many 1st line forwards and No.1 and No.2 defensemen are in there system I don't think the sabres would be 3rd overall

thats why. i usually get my prospect info from hockeys future, where they have the sabres at 8th in the NHL. 8th is nothing to sneeze at. and that will go up as we draft more the next few years.

sukie
11-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Hey... another question of this so called rebuild. I have read here references to this being a rebuild. Of course I contend the same general contractor is unable to rebuild anything and at best it would be foolish to hire the guy resposible for the shoddy construction in the first place.

If Pittsburghs and Chicago's rebuild are offered up as examples... Did those teams maintain the front office (particularly GM) throughout the build?

Ginger Vitis
11-05-2013, 10:20 AM
If Pittsburghs and Chicago's rebuild are offered up as examples... Did those teams maintain the front office (particularly GM) throughout the build?

Dale Tallon was the blackhawks GM from 2005 to 2009... Prior to the 2009-2010 season he was demoted to assistant GM and in the summer of 2010 the Blackhawks won the stanley Cup so that cup winning team was exclusively built by Tallon..

Craig Patrick drafted March Andre Fleury..Evgeni Malkin..Sidney Crosby. In April 2006 Patrick was relieved of his duties.. Ray Shero who succeeded Patrick can take the credit for building up the depth for the 3rd/4th lines that lead to the penguins winning the cup in 2009

sukie
11-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Dale Tallon was the blackhawks GM from 2005 to 2009... Prior to the 2009-2010 season he was demoted to assistant GM and in the summer of 2010 the Blackhawks won the stanley Cup so that cup winning team was exclusively built by Tallon..

Craig Patrick drafted March Andre Fleury..Evgeni Malkin..Sidney Crosby. In April 2006 Patrick was relieved of his duties.. Ray Shero who succeeded Patrick can take the credit for building up the depth for the 3rd/4th lines that lead to the penguins winning the cup in 2009

So prior to Talon being hired was it considereda rebuild?

JATMtheJATM
11-05-2013, 11:18 AM

not really, no. the team was bad, but had no sense of direction.

sukie
11-05-2013, 11:36 AM
not really, no. the team was bad, but had no sense of direction.

Darcy suddenly gives you a sense of direction? Suddenly he "can"?

JATMtheJATM
11-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Darcy suddenly gives you a sense of direction? Suddenly he "can"?

darcy always had a sense of direction, it just didnt work. it was the belief that the core they had was stanley cup caliber, but the other parts needed to replaced and moved to find the perfect fit for it to work. the thing was, he was right, the core, at one point, was good enough, and the 05-06 team certainly was good enough to win a stanley cup. he spent the next several years trying to recapture that success. it obviously didnt work.

so, he began slowly, methodically dismantling the core. that dismantlement is nearly complete.

there is a clear pattern here. he is trying to build another core good enough to compete. once it is good enough to compete. youll see him acquire the players needed to complete the puzzle.

will he be in buffalo for that? doubtful. should he be? no.

hes rebuilding the right way.

Ginger Vitis
11-05-2013, 03:32 PM

From 1998 to 2002 Tallon was Chicagos player personal director and from 2002 to 2005 Tallon was the Assistant GM.. During that time the Blackhawks were a bad organization. Tallon was made the GM prior to the 2005 season starting and in 2006 he drafted Jonathan Toews and in 2007 drafted Patrick Kane. I though when I looked up Tallons bio it was interesting that prior to the 2009 season Tallon was demoted to special adviser and Stan Bowman was promoted to GM.. And of course the Blackhawks won the cup in 2010

SkateZilla
11-05-2013, 04:34 PM
I'd like to see what we could do later with a few Top 3 Picks for a few years.

DetDannyWilliams
11-05-2013, 04:45 PM
when this whole rebuild started Regier on WGR550 told Schoop and the Bulldog they asked a question to Darcy like are you going to rebuild like Pittsburgh and Chicago and Darcy said "We aren't rebuilding like Pittsburgh or Chicago we are rebuilding like the Blues did in their rebuilding". Here's the way the Blues did it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis_Blues#25-year_playoff_streak_ends.3B_rebuild_begins_.282005.E2.80.932010.29

Ginger Vitis
11-05-2013, 05:25 PM
when this whole rebuild started Regier on WGR550 told Schoop and the Bulldog they asked a question to Darcy like are you going to rebuild like Pittsburgh and Chicago and Darcy said "We aren't rebuilding like Pittsburgh or Chicago we are rebuilding like the Blues did in their rebuilding". Here's the way the Blues did it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis_Blues#25-year_playoff_streak_ends.3B_rebuild_begins_.282005.E2.80.932010.29

So the Blues started rebuilding in 2005 and since then have only won one playoff series.. Sorry Darcy I prefer the Penguins or Hawks way of rebuilding.. 2 straight years of picking in the Top 3.. The one thing that kinda hurt the Blues is when they did pick 1st overall in 2006 Defensemen Erik Johnson has turned out to be the least impactful 1st overall pick since 2000(Rick Dipietro)

JATMtheJATM
11-05-2013, 06:56 PM
So the Blues started rebuilding in 2005 and since then have only won one playoff series.. Sorry Darcy I prefer the Penguins or Hawks way of rebuilding.. 2 straight years of picking in the Top 3.. The one thing that kinda hurt the Blues is when they did pick 1st overall in 2006 Defensemen Erik Johnson has turned out to be the least impactful 1st overall pick since 2000(Rick Dipietro)

the sabres will be drafting high in the next 2, maybe 3 drafts. sabre fans always wanted a franchise player? they have a chance at multiple.

Downinfloflo
11-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Ughh......Rumor has it Yakupov is on the Rangers radar..... :shoothead:

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24191908/nhl-rumors-is-nail-yakupov-on-the-new-york-rangers-radar

JATMtheJATM
11-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Ughh......Rumor has it Yakupov is on the Rangers radar..... :shoothead:

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24191908/nhl-rumors-is-nail-yakupov-on-the-new-york-rangers-radar

who would they give up for him?

and shouldnt the rangers be working on lundqvists extension? they lose him, thats a major hit.

Downinfloflo
11-05-2013, 07:25 PM
who would they give up for him?

and shouldnt the rangers be working on lundqvists extension? they lose him, thats a major hit.

Edmonton want's D-men......Who that would be beat's me.But from what I'm reading it would be a HUGE TRADE with many parts.

Kreider and a Rangers Dman going to Edmonton for Yakupov and more....

Hank's going to get his offer....

I for one hope this is all just BS I can't stand Yakupov.

JATMtheJATM
11-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Edmonton want's D-men......Who that would be beat's me.But from what I'm reading it would be a HUGE TRADE with many parts.

Kreider and a Rangers Dman going to Edmonton for Yakupov and more....

Hank's going to get his offer....

I for one hope this is all just BS I can't stand Yakupov.

i assume when the dust clears, lundy will stay in new york.

Downinfloflo
11-05-2013, 07:37 PM
i assume when the dust clears, lundy will stay in new york.

Well going by AV's comment's today roster moves are coming to the Rangers.

This is still Tort's roster......

I would put Staal and J.T Miller and maybe a 1st on the block as a starting point.

Kreider is finally starting to play like the power forward they hoped he would be.

Staal has this year and next left on his contract (Then he's a UFA) and it appears he would like to play with his brothers at some point. (Can't blame him for that)

So if they can move him now and let some other team deal with that in the future that would be the best case for the Rangers.

I also saw that AV would like to get Kessler from the Canucks.

JATMtheJATM
11-05-2013, 07:40 PM
keslers a good player. i would love him in a sabres uni.

Downinfloflo
11-05-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm watching the Panthers and Oilers game now....

JATMtheJATM
11-06-2013, 06:19 AM
both teams should be good soon, but i am kinda wondering what the oilers need. i thought theyd take a step forward this year.

hey, the sabres beat the best team in the NHL last night. who woulda thunk it?

Downinfloflo
11-06-2013, 10:41 AM
both teams should be good soon, but i am kinda wondering what the oilers need. i thought theyd take a step forward this year.

hey, the sabres beat the best team in the NHL last night. who woulda thunk it?

Oilers need D-men (I hear a vet would be nice) and a Goalie....

And Yakupov was no where to be found on the Ice ( He was in the lineup)...Unless he still had his halloween costume on and looked like the face off circle.