PDA

View Full Version : Stevie doing film work..... Next up

BidsJr
11-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Training in the offseason.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/11/05/stevie-doing-extra-film-work/

DraftBoy
11-05-2013, 08:37 AM
Sometimes when Brown reaches for stories like this I think he does more harm than good. Now all you have is why our best WR wasn't doing all he could in the film room prior to this.

The King
11-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Stevie is maturing and becoming a leader. I have seen changes in him this season. I think that's basically what this piece is covering.

better days
11-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Now, if we can get the QB to STUDY game film.

Pinkerton Security
11-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Now, if we can get the QB to STUDY game film.

I know right? Our QB's definitely never ever STUDY game film. They may study it but they never truly STUDY it.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-05-2013, 10:26 AM
I have to say that overall I think Stevie seems to be acting more mature than in years past.

better days
11-05-2013, 10:39 AM
I know right? Our QB's definitely never ever STUDY game film. They may study it but they never truly STUDY it.

Really right? I mean how can anyone explain the BONEHEAD play by Tuel otherwise?

Pinkerton Security
11-05-2013, 10:44 AM
Really right? I mean how can anyone explain the BONEHEAD play by Tuel otherwise?

Heres one explanation: Tuel is a HORRIBLE quarterback. If you think our QB's dont watch game film, you're mistaken.

better days
11-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Heres one explanation: Tuel is a HORRIBLE quarterback. If you think our QB's dont watch game film, you're mistaken.

As Chris Brown said about Stevie, there is looking at game film & there is LOOKING at game film.

In other words, the MORE time spent studying it the better.

And that is the reason John Clayton gave about Flynn failing, He said Flynn was not willing to put in the extra work necessary to be successful.

Pinkerton Security
11-05-2013, 10:55 AM
As Chris Brown said about Stevie, there is looking at game film & there is LOOKING at game film.

In other words, the MORE time spent studying it the better.

And that is the reason John Clayton gave about Flynn failing, He said Flynn was not willing to put in the extra work necessary to be successful.

fair enough. I'd just argue very strongly that Tuel's INT had little to do with film study and more with him simply horribly misreading a play and basically deciding where hes going to throw before the play even began.

DraftBoy
11-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Stevie is maturing and becoming a leader. I have seen changes in him this season. I think that's basically what this piece is covering.

I see that side of it, just would like to know where it was in years past.

The King
11-05-2013, 11:19 AM
I see that side of it, just would like to know where it was in years past.

Stevie was a 7th round guy coming out of Kentucky, I don't think this was ever part of his game. You get to the NFL level, he's had some success, he's got his money and fame, now he gets it. He plays for a coaching staff that expects more, he understands more and he's found a leadership role on this team.

Some players come into the league with this passion, some learn it, some never get it. I for one am happy he's found it. I have never been a big Stevie fan, but he's putting forth the effort this year, a lot of tough catches, and persistence in his game.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-05-2013, 11:29 AM

Film study isn't a panacea, you still have to actually read the defense on gameday and he failed.

DraftBoy
11-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Stevie was a 7th round guy coming out of Kentucky, I don't think this was ever part of his game. You get to the NFL level, he's had some success, he's got his money and fame, now he gets it. He plays for a coaching staff that expects more, he understands more and he's found a leadership role on this team.

Some players come into the league with this passion, some learn it, some never get it. I for one am happy he's found it. I have never been a big Stevie fan, but he's putting forth the effort this year, a lot of tough catches, and persistence in his game.

Doesn't mean I can't ask/wonder where this all was before. I expect players to do everything they can to get better. This shows Stevie never had an interest in that before.

The King
11-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Doesn't mean I can't ask/wonder where this all was before. I expect players to do everything they can to get better. This shows Stevie never had an interest in that before.

Precisely why I wasn't a fan of his. He was more concerned with being a household name than being an elite reciever. I also think that Gailey needs to get some of the blame for this.

DraftBoy
11-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Precisely why I wasn't a fan of his. He was more concerned with being a household name than being an elite reciever. I also think that Gailey needs to get some of the blame for this.

Without a doubt on the Gailey part.

better days
11-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Film study isn't a panacea, you still have to actually read the defense on gameday and he failed.

True. But Tuel is also an undrafted rookie making his first start in that game.

Vets have thrown pick 6 INT's. I think it is STUPID to write Tuel off because of the bonehead play.

Most on this board did not give the Bills a chance in hell to win that game, in fact MANY thought it would be a blow out, but it was a game the Bills could have won until LATE in the 4th Qtr.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-05-2013, 03:09 PM
If only he could learn to hold onto the damn ball.

stuckincincy
11-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Without a doubt on the Gailey part.I think he tries to emulate Chad Johnson/Ochocinco, in the public arena. He's a decent payer, certainly not close in innate skills as the latter.

feldspar
11-06-2013, 05:51 PM

Yeah, but if you look at that play, you see Stevie totally give up on it after he wasn't thrown the ball. He throws up his hands in disbelief/frustration while the guy was running back the INT the other way...just stood there, really.

That's something I did not appreciate as a Bills fan.

But Stevie is a good receiver. Not great, but good.

Fixxxer
11-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Yeah, Stevie is a me me player.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000100341/Stevie-Johnson-forces-Colts-fumble

better days
11-07-2013, 12:09 AM
Yeah, but if you look at that play, you see Stevie totally give up on it after he wasn't thrown the ball. He throws up his hands in disbelief/frustration while the guy was running back the INT the other way...just stood there, really.

That's something I did not appreciate as a Bills fan.

But Stevie is a good receiver. Not great, but good.

The CB was at the front of the End Zone, Stevie was at the back end of the End Zone.

There is no way in hell Stevie could have caught him if he tried.

feldspar
11-07-2013, 01:58 AM
The CB was at the front of the End Zone, Stevie was at the back end of the End Zone.

There is no way in hell Stevie could have caught him if he tried.

maybe...maybe.

But I didn't like the fact that he didn't even try.

better days
11-07-2013, 02:08 AM
maybe...maybe.

But I didn't like the fact that he didn't even try.

Stevie was not the intended receiver Tuel threw the Ball to but he should have been. Stevie was standing ALONE in the back of the end zone.

Stevie was 10 yds behind the CB with just about every player from both teams between them.

There is no way Stevie could have caught him.

And as you said, I think Stevie & every other Bill as well was dumbfounded & in disbelief which no doubt affected the reaction time of everyone.