PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis says 4 irreplaceable players to their teams - "exact number" as he said

ghz in pittsburgh
11-05-2013, 09:50 AM
on MNF. Insteresting from a player's perspective, a long time player I may add. I hope he does not include himself.

So one is Aaron Rodgers as they were discussing his injury. I know two no-brainers: Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. So who is the last one in his opinion? Drew Brees? Roethlisberger? I didn't hear him mentioning his "exact" 4 players.

alnilla
11-05-2013, 10:52 AM
hahaha on Ben he's good as gone after this year along with half the coaching staff

Pinkerton Security
11-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Its CJ Spiller, pay the man!! haha jk. Idk if its him but imagine how bad the Vikes would be without AP.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Its CJ Spiller, pay the man!! haha jk. Idk if its him but imagine how bad the Vikes would be without AP.

They've been pretty bad even with AP.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-05-2013, 11:01 AM
They've been pretty bad even with AP.

yea, that's the same reason the rapistburger analogy doesn't work. they're awful with him too

alnilla
11-05-2013, 11:04 AM
He probably said himself.

Meathead
11-05-2013, 11:09 AM
ruvell martin

ghz in pittsburgh
11-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Down here in Steeltown, there is a lot of hate of Ray, and I know many never got over his 2000 murder trial. But you have to respect him as a football player. Yes he's over the top on a lot of things which I dislike (I only know one super star - Polamalu being a perfect gentleman), but I wish there is a Bill player having that kind of talent AND his drive to be where he wanted to be as a football player. Watch Ray's 1st MNF where he talked about the 2000 murder case, I believed him. I know many in this town mocked Lewis for betraying his friends/posse, but I think Ray's right. He needed to stay away from the type of people he had before then. So maybe he went on to have 5 kids from 5 different women, that's a lot better than involved in murders. Even we ordinary guys may have a few girlfriends from teenage to adult men, let alone these star athletes...

Homegrown
11-05-2013, 01:19 PM
he meant himself .... of course, the average football fan couldn't figure that out ... "hey bud, you said 4 - give me 4"

DraftBoy
11-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Jeff Tuel

Skooby
11-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Flynn, oh wait I thought you meant replaceable players.

BillsFever21
11-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Big Ben isn't going anywhere after this season. They are doing bad this year but you can't act like he hasn't had tons of success in this league before now. They need to rebuild the team around him. He's a good QB but he isn't an all time great who will carry you to wins by himself.

The only way that Big Ben even has a chance of going anywhere is if the Steelers decided to totally blow up the team and start from scratch. If that's the case then they will draft a rookie in the first round next year.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Big Ben isn't going anywhere after this season. They are doing bad this year but you can't act like he hasn't had tons of success in this league before now. They need to rebuild the team around him. He's a good QB but he isn't an all time great who will carry you to wins by himself.

The only way that Big Ben even has a chance of going anywhere is if the Steelers decided to totally blow up the team and start from scratch. If that's the case then they will draft a rookie in the first round next year.

Honestly I don't know if Roethlisberger has long enough left to play through a rebuild. He's 31 this year, but he's already been sacked 375 times - over a hundred times more than guys like Peyton and Brees who have played far more seasons than him. And that's before you account for all the other hits he takes standing in the pocket forever waiting for a deep ball, or the time he went face first through a windshield without a helmet. I honestly think he's got maybe 2-3 years of solid play in him and IMO it's hard to justify playing him 36 million over the next two years while that team sorts themselves out.

If I was Pitt, I'd explore dealing him in the offseason to an NFC team like the Bears, Cardinals, Rams, or Bucs

BillsFever21
11-05-2013, 08:07 PM
If Pittsburgh can get their OL healthy and respectable again along with adding some young fresh blood with some of the defense then they could be a solid team very fast. They wouldn't be Super Bowl contenders but could still be a respectable team that could make the playoffs.

It all depends if they decided to totally blow the team up and start over or make some tweaks to their defense along with adding an OL and getting the rest healthy for once. Their OL is their biggest problem and their defense is old and slow for the most part.

I doubt they will get rid of Big Ben after this season. The only way that will happen is if there's a QB in the first round they really feel could be a franchise QB. If they didn't go that route then they would still be wise to maybe get one in the 2nd round if one fell in a deep QB class. I guess it all depends on how they feel about Landry Jones for the long haul.

Mr. Miyagi
11-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Look how bad the Bears D is now without Urlacher.

But I still think the 4th guy is also a QB. Probably Brees.

BillsFever21
11-05-2013, 08:38 PM
The Bears slip in defense has more to do with Lovie Smith being gone then an old Urlacher. They switched from a defensive minded coach to an offensive minded coach. You take the good and the bad along with it.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-05-2013, 08:50 PM
No chance of Roethlisberger going anywhere. Pouncey's injury really set them back - also highlighted their recent draft failures at OL: high draft picks at G and T not panning out. I also shudder at the thought of what an Eric Wood injury would do to the Bills. Hope I didn't jinx him.

TigerJ
11-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Look how bad the Bears D is now without Urlacher.

But I still think the 4th guy is also a QB. Probably Brees.Yup, though this year you could also make the argument for Phillip Rivers.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2013, 01:01 AM
Since it's Ray saying this I'm gonna guess he said...himself, Suggs, Reed, Ngata. :rofl:

Realistically it's likely Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers.

BuffaloRedleg
11-06-2013, 01:04 AM
If it's anyone other than a 4 QBs you are kidding yourself.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-06-2013, 01:13 AM
If it's anyone other than a 4 QBs you are kidding yourself.

Not necessarily. Obviously QBs are the most important position, but other teams have built schemes around a non-QB player before. The Lions could suffer the loss of Stafford a lot easier than they could Calvin Johnson. Houston can replace their QBs easier than JJ Watt. Those teams rely on those guys being so individually dominant that it opens up the rest of the field for others. New York built their scheme on Revis in the same fashion.

Thief
11-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Obviously the 4th guy is KIKO!

Bill Cody
11-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Down here in Steeltown, there is a lot of hate of Ray, and I know many never got over his 2000 murder trial. But you have to respect him as a football player. Yes he's over the top on a lot of things which I dislike (I only know one super star - Polamalu being a perfect gentleman), but I wish there is a Bill player having that kind of talent AND his drive to be where he wanted to be as a football player. Watch Ray's 1st MNF where he talked about the 2000 murder case, I believed him. I know many in this town mocked Lewis for betraying his friends/posse, but I think Ray's right. He needed to stay away from the type of people he had before then. So maybe he went on to have 5 kids from 5 different women, that's a lot better than involved in murders. Even we ordinary guys may have a few girlfriends from teenage to adult men, let alone these star athletes...

Agreed. One lousy murder and people hold a grudge.