PDA

View Full Version : Comments on the Marone/Hackett playcalling.

stuckincincy
11-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Toss the ball long. Toss to the sideline. Take every pain to avoid the sack or the interception.

I understand that in the context of helping out their rookie qb. When he went out, the trend continued.

What I think is happening is that Marone/Hackett are settling for close, keeping them on the job.

Have at it... :rain:

The King
11-06-2013, 03:01 PM
I think every situation they've been in called for prostecting the QB and build confidence. Our running game is good enough to balance that. I have zero issues.

imbondz
11-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Protecting the QB is always key. I can't stand when EJ leaves the pocket to pick up extra yards but doesn't slide or doesn't just run out of bounds. I'd rather 99.9% rely on staying in the pocket, throwing downfield, or out of bounds to avoid the sack, than run to pick up an extra yard or two. On a side note, Marrone has aged 10 years since he's become the Bills coach.

jimmifli
11-06-2013, 03:12 PM
We're 15th in yards/game and 21st in points/game. That's with a combo of EJ, Thad and Tuel. I've got NO PROBLEM with the offensive production. At least in terms of play calling. I think a lot of blame can be placed on the roster, the massive wholes at guard, signing a glass veteran QB, not adding a veteran WR etc... But given the roster they've got, their production has probably over achieved.

Conversely the defense is ranked 20th in yards/game and 24th in points/game. I realize we've had injuries, but they aren't worse than what the offense experienced (3 QBs, 2 RBs, 1 LG, partridge in a pear tree). Overall, the defense has under performed.

jdaltroy5
11-06-2013, 03:59 PM
We're 15th in yards/game and 21st in points/game. That's with a combo of EJ, Thad and Tuel. I've got NO PROBLEM with the offensive production. At least in terms of play calling. I think a lot of blame can be placed on the roster, the massive wholes at guard, signing a glass veteran QB, not adding a veteran WR etc... But given the roster they've got, their production has probably over achieved.

Conversely the defense is ranked 20th in yards/game and 24th in points/game. I realize we've had injuries, but they aren't worse than what the offense experienced (3 QBs, 2 RBs, 1 LG, partridge in a pear tree). Overall, the defense has under performed.Do those defensive stats take into account pick 6s, fumbles for TD, etc...?

jimmifli
11-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Do those defensive stats take into account pick 6s, fumbles for TD, etc...?

Nope, just points against and yards against. But by definition that's kind of baked in.

Meathead
11-06-2013, 05:53 PM
yeah and the one time all season you DONT want to have your fourth string never started before qb to throw a pass and they let him make it available for a hunnerd yard pick six that destroys your season

ive aged ten years since hackett became the bills offensive coordinator