Rush Limbaugh Joins ESPN NFL Countdown!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Demon
    • Mar 2003

Rush Limbaugh Joins ESPN NFL Countdown!!!

Radio Host Limbaugh Joins ESPN's 'NFL Countdown'

By Steve Gorman

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh will soon be calling some signals for ESPN's weekly football preview "Sunday NFL Countdown."

Starting in September, Limbaugh, 52, will join the show's line-up as the "voice of the fan," delivering an opinion piece near the top of the two-hour telecast each week, the Walt Disney Co.-owned sports network said on Monday.

He also will weigh in three times during each show with a "Rush challenge," offering a counterpoint to commentary from the program's three regular analysts -- former NFL players Steve Young (news), Michael Irvin and Tom Jackson (news).

The show, which debuted in 1985 and currently reaches 1.7 million households, is anchored by Chris Berman.

Limbaugh's first appearance on "Countdown" will be on Thursday, Sept. 4, just before the National Football League season opener that evening between the Washington Redskins and the New York Jets.

"Rush is a great communicator and a fan's fan," ESPN executive vice president Mark Shapiro said. "His acute sense of what's on the minds of his listeners combined with his ability to entertain and serve as a lightning rod for lively discussion makes him the perfect fit for this new role."

ESPN Article

I didn't see this coming...... shound make Sunday Night's a bit more interesting. But i think it's a solid move though.
    Impossible is Nothing.

• The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

What the? That's even more ridiculous than the Dennis Miller experiment.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ryven
      • Jan 2003

There a reason not to watch espn

Comment

• mvb1781
        Chris Berman's Taxi Driver
        • May 2003

how the hell did he get that gig?
        i would understand if it was judging food in the different stadiums and tailgate parties but this is way worse than Miller except we can change the channel on Rush but with Miller u had to hear it and it just was like hittin yourself in the head for 3 hours.

Comment

• Ð
          1-800-SAD-GOAT
          • Jul 2002

Glad I don't get ESPN

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Rush is a knowledgable fan and, as you know, is always right. Seriously, he will be very good.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Ð
              1-800-SAD-GOAT
              • Jul 2002

Yep, you could say Rush is always right in a manner of speaking

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                Sab and TD are insignificant
                • Sep 2002

Who cares? I flip back and forth between ESPN, Fox, and CBS every sunday morning until I hear commentary on the Bills, or see a Bills player in a highlight.

If I get tired of flipping around, I usually stop on the Fox pregame show, or ESPN - CBS's is kinda boring, but they do carry the AFC games so they're usually the ones that get the ratings from me.
                www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Voltron
                  • Jul 2002

This is the best thing I have seen on the internet ALL DAY! Wait ALL WEEK!!!

HA HA HA I JUST LOVE IT

ESPN =
                  Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                  - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                  -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                  - Mark Twain

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                    • Sep 2002

Give the guy a chance. He's already better than Miller who was about the worse.

Comment

• superbills
                      • Mar 2003

Finally, some intelligence to complement Berman and Jackson. Those other fools just grind on my nerves.
                      "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                      Ronald Reagan
                      40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• gunzlingr
                        • Jul 2002

Rush used to work for the KC Royals I believe, and is a huge sports fan if memory serves.
                        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Buffatexas
                          • Aug 2002

I can't remember where I heard this but Rush used to do color commentary for the Bills back in the War Memorial Stadium days

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Jul 2002

All fat pansies aspire to be Rush.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

WORST IDEA EVER!

Comment

Working...
                              X