PDA

View Full Version : Marcell Dareus Quote - I love it!

jamze132
11-07-2013, 08:32 AM
“We just know what type of players we’re dealing with now,” Dareus told Buffalobills.com. “My first year Kyle (Williams) went down and the second year we brought Mario (Williams) in and Kyle was coming off surgery. We were kind of letting them heal. Now they’re healed and we kind of know each other. Kyle has seen me play and Mario has been here for a year, so the second time around is just going to be better. We know what kind of style Kyle likes to play. He likes to get off the ball and we know Mario likes to rush and I just like to tear (expletive) up. That’s just how we play it.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Bills-run-D-tightening-up/b317eb65-53f1-4499-bdf1-3d06485982b9

better days
11-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Despite what his HATERS think, Dareus is a STUD.

I hope he is a Bill for MANY years to come.

Pinkerton Security
11-07-2013, 09:14 AM

He has really come into his own so far this year, Im sure Kyle and even Mario have had a positive impact on him. Any metric I've seen so far this year (including my own simple eyeball test) have shown that he is becoming what we thought he would be when we took him #3 overall.

DesertFox24
11-07-2013, 09:28 AM
He has really come into his own so far this year, Im sure Kyle and even Mario have had a positive impact on him. Any metric I've seen so far this year (including my own simple eyeball test) have shown that he is becoming what we thought he would be when we took him #3 overall.

He sucks until he makes it to the stupid pro bowl or as I call it popularity contest.

Yeah that was for the troll posters on here who just spite out whatever ESPN says, lol.

Dareus has been playing very well and if he keeps this up might be the next wilfork, he has the size strength and athleticism hoping he can become an all pro.

Bangarang
11-07-2013, 09:32 AM
It doesn't surprise me that Dareus is showing up. This may seem hard to believe, but sometimes these guys do need a year or 2 to develop.

Pinkerton Security
11-07-2013, 09:35 AM
It doesn't surprise me that Dareus is showing up. This may seem hard to believe, but sometimes these guys do need a year or 2 to develop.

He just turned 23 this spring!

JoeMama
11-07-2013, 09:40 AM

He's definitely having a good season.

By most measures, he's a highly rated DT right now.

I don't know what his ceiling is talent-wise, but he looks the part of a competent NFL DT.

The only fans denying it are the ones still nursing grudges that he wasn't an impact player his first two years.

Better a late bloomer than a consistent dud.

jimmifli
11-07-2013, 11:43 AM
He just turned 23 this spring!
Just wait until he starts developing his old man strength.

Meathead
11-07-2013, 11:56 AM
i was hoping this was darius saying he and his buds plan on ripping off six or seven straight to make the postseason but this is good too

now show us some wins

justasportsfan
11-07-2013, 01:42 PM
nobody's a stud until we make playoffs!

GvilleBills
11-07-2013, 03:16 PM
"Hi, I'm Marcel. I'm here to tear **** up."

Wedding Crashers 2 : Punch and Shed

BertSquirtgum
11-07-2013, 06:20 PM

Blows.

pmoon6
11-07-2013, 06:25 PM
The only people that hack on Dareus are the Anti-Fans. Maybe Marcel can do us a favor and rip off their head and **** down their windpipe.

- - - Updated - - -

Blows.Not today, maybe tomorrow. Will you be around when I get off work?

BertSquirtgum
11-07-2013, 06:33 PM
The only people that hack on Dareus are the Anti-Fans. Maybe Marcel can do us a favor and rip off their head and **** down their windpipe.

- - - Updated - - -

Not today, maybe tomorrow. Will you be around when I get off work?

Terrible.

pmoon6
11-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Terrible.What? Your posts?

Everyone agrees.

BillsFever21
11-07-2013, 06:40 PM
People pointing out his underachievement his first two years was just stating the obvious. Especially when you had all the great players drafted after him that are major impact players out of the gate. Just because somebody states the obvious doesn't mean they aren't a fan. This is just another example of people thinking you can't state any flaws of the team or players and have to make yourself believe they have been better then they have shown on the field.

He has been good this year and it's encouraging but he still needs to get much better to justify being the #3 pick. Our line has done a good job of rushing the passer but they have still been crap stopping the run. We have given up some huge gains to very mediocre running backs this season.

better days
11-07-2013, 06:44 PM
People pointing out his underachievement his first two years was just stating the obvious. Especially when you had all the great players drafted under him that were impact players out of the gate. Just because somebody states the obvious doesn't mean they aren't a fan. This is just another example of people thinking you can't state any flaws of the team or players and have to make yourself believe they have been better then they have shown on the field.

He has been good this year and it's encouraging but he still needs to get much better to justify being the #3 pick. Our line has done a good job of rushing the passer but they have still been crap stopping the run. We have given up some huge gains to very mediocre running backs this season.

Well, it is OBVIOUS, those players that had GREAT years last year are NOT having GREAT years this year. Von Miller in particular.

Dareus is having a MUCH BETTER year than Miller.

BertSquirtgum
11-07-2013, 06:44 PM
What? Your posts?

Everyone agrees.

The opposite of good.

pmoon6
11-07-2013, 06:47 PM
The opposite of good.Yes, your posts.

BillsFever21
11-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Well, it is OBVIOUS, those players that had GREAT years last year are NOT having GREAT years this year. Von Miller in particular.

Dareus is having a MUCH BETTER year than Miller.

I would sure hope Dareus has had a better season then Miller so far LOL. Von Miller was drafted BEFORE Dareus so we couldn't have had him anyway. Also he has only played a couple games because of the suspension. You can't deny the force he has already been though. He just needs to get his personal crap in order.

As far as the other guys drafted after Dareus like Green, Peterson, Watt, Quinn and Kerrigan are having good seasons this year. Then Julio Jones had an unfortunate injury and Aldon Smith has had his personal issues. You can't sit there and deny the impact all of them guys have made.

If 5.5 sacks so far for Watt is his bad season then I'll take that. Or 10 sacks for Quinn. Or 6.5 for Kerrigan. Or 3 INT's for Peterson along with good coverage because INT's aren't everything. Or AJ Green on pace for about 1,500 yards and 10 TD's while almost always being doubled and/or leaving other guys open. I guess them guys must be bums now.

pmoon6
11-07-2013, 07:01 PM
I guess them guys must be bums now.According to some Bills' Fans they would be. You omit the fact that Marcel's brother ****ing died last year. He is making a difference this year more and more as the season rolls along.

Draft position doesn't mean **** now. Evaluating a player based on where he was selected is idiotic. Some players come in to a better situation, some take more time to develop.

As far as Miller, he missed 6 games for trying to circumvent PED testing which means he was dirty. You would rather have him on our team?

BertSquirtgum
11-07-2013, 07:06 PM
I'd rather have aj green.

better days
11-07-2013, 07:09 PM
I would sure hope Dareus has had a better season then Miller so far LOL. Von Miller was drafted BEFORE Dareus so we couldn't have had him anyway. Also he has only played a couple games because of the suspension. You can't deny the force he has already been though. He just needs to get his personal crap in order.

As far as the other guys drafted after Dareus like Green, Peterson, Watt, Quinn and Kerrigan are having good seasons this year. Then Julio Jones had an unfortunate injury and Aldon Smith has had his personal issues. You can't sit there and deny the impact all of them guys have made.

If 5.5 sacks so far for Watt is his bad season then I'll take that. Or 10 sacks for Quinn. Or 6.5 for Kerrigan. Or 3 INT's for Peterson along with good coverage because INT's aren't everything. Or AJ Green on pace for about 1,500 yards and 10 TD's while almost always being doubled and/or leaving other guys open. I guess them guys must be bums now.

You can't deny Dareus is having a BIGGER impact this year than many of those guys. I look forward to watching Dareus in a Bills uniform for years to come, he is a CORE PLAYER.

And yeah Miller was suspended, his own doing. And who knows how good he will be without the juice.

BillsFever21
11-07-2013, 07:26 PM
According to some Bills' Fans they would be. You omit the fact that Marcel's brother ****ing died last year. He is making a difference this year more and more as the season rolls along.

Draft position doesn't mean **** now. Evaluating a player based on where he was selected is idiotic. Some players come in to a better situation, some take more time to develop.

As far as Miller, he missed 6 games for trying to circumvent PED testing which means he was dirty. You would rather have him on our team?

So it's not a fair comparison when you have other players drafted high in the same round directly after another player? By that logic then you shouldn't expect more from that player then somebody drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round. It's not evaluating the player directly by where he was drafted it's comparing that guy to other players drafted after him.

Not every player ends up worth their high pick and many players drafted later turn into better players then where they were drafted. To say you can't compare the other players drafted around another guy is the idiotic part. Especially if you passed on them guys.

If that's the case then it wasn't any big deal taking Maybin over LB's like Orakpo, Cushing and Matthews. There was no reason to expect anymore from Maybin then you would from a lower round pick. Or maybe Mike Williams wasn't a bad pick when we drafted him over Bryant McKinnie, John Henderson or Dwight Freeney.

Some players can be better or worse depending on the situation they were drafted into but your great players will be good no matter where they go. Also if a high draft pick takes too long to develop then it may not do you any good since you only have them for 4-5 years now.

BertSquirtgum
11-07-2013, 09:31 PM
I loved Dareus his first year but he really stunk last year. I understood he lost his brother but even a month after he should have been playing better, IMO. A buddy of mine at work lost his father to a tragedy two months ago. A week after he was back busting his balls at work. Possibly being so young it may have affected Dareus more so, I don't know. Dareus looked as if he wasn't even trying the second half of the year. Laziness really annoys me. I don't know what everyone is seeing that I'm not this year. I hope he does continue on the path that all you guys are saying he is on. It would be great for the Bills and great for us as fans.

BillsFever21
11-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Watch out. If you don't say Dareus or any other Bills player is one of the best in the league then the certain group will act like you're stating they are playing terrible. Even if you already stated they were playing good.

JCBills
11-07-2013, 09:51 PM
I loved Dareus his first year but he really stunk last year. I understood he lost his brother but even a month after he should have been playing better, IMO. A buddy of mine at work lost his father to a tragedy two months ago. A week after he was back busting his balls at work. Possibly being so young it may have affected Dareus more so, I don't know. Dareus looked as if he wasn't even trying the second half of the year. Laziness really annoys me. I don't know what everyone is seeing that I'm not this year. I hope he does continue on the path that all you guys are saying he is on. It would be great for the Bills and great for us as fans.

You haven't seen him making plays? Leading the NFL in stuffs among D lineman and you can't see any of it?

BertSquirtgum
11-07-2013, 10:08 PM
You haven't seen him making plays? Leading the NFL in stuffs among D lineman and you can't see any of it?

To be honest. I'm usually drunk or high watching the games so I only see what I want to see.

JCBills
11-07-2013, 10:21 PM
To be honest. I'm usually drunk or high watching the games so I only see what I want to see.

I mean most of us are. At least you're honest though. Pay attention to Dareus this Sunday, he should have a field day with Pittsburgh's O line. He has made massive improvements, and remember the dude is still very young.

BuffaloRedleg
11-08-2013, 02:40 AM

I can never tell if you are a troll or not but that was pretty good

better days
11-08-2013, 07:33 AM

Is your buddy now responsible for raising his siblings like Dareus is with his, or is your buddies mother still alive? I think that makes a HUGE difference as far as stress goes.

No question Dareus had a down year last year, but between his personal loss, added responsablities at home & the CRAP Wanny defensive system I think it is understandable.

I see Dareus only getting BETTER as time goes by.

mayotm
11-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Watch out. If you don't say Dareus or any other Bills player is one of the best in the league then the certain group will act like you're stating they are playing terrible. Even if you already stated they were playing good.Thanks again for pointing out that there are some Bills homers posting on a Bills message board. It's absolutely shocking.

GvilleBills
11-08-2013, 09:15 AM

This is not a nuts OR bolts situation...this is not a hide OR seek situation...
No reason you can't be drunk AND high.

pmoon6
11-08-2013, 11:36 AM
I'd rather have aj green.Unfortunately when we selected Dareus our main Achilles heel was against the run. Teams were wearing the defense down. Therefore, the prudent move was to take the best interior defensive lineman available.

I understand that most fans like the flashy player, the WR, QB, OLB, DE or even "shutdown" corner. Buffalo has been a bad team for years for one reason and one only. They neglected both lines. Scream about QB all you want, the one's we had may have been more effective if they were protected better. We may have been in more games if our defense didn't have 200 rushing yards put on them.

Here endeth the lesson.

pmoon6
11-08-2013, 11:40 AM
So it's not a fair comparison when you have other players drafted high in the same round directly after another player? By that logic then you shouldn't expect more from that player then somebody drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round. It's not evaluating the player directly by where he was drafted it's comparing that guy to other players drafted after him.

Not every player ends up worth their high pick and many players drafted later turn into better players then where they were drafted. To say you can't compare the other players drafted around another guy is the idiotic part. Especially if you passed on them guys.

If that's the case then it wasn't any big deal taking Maybin over LB's like Orakpo, Cushing and Matthews. There was no reason to expect anymore from Maybin then you would from a lower round pick. Or maybe Mike Williams wasn't a bad pick when we drafted him over Bryant McKinnie, John Henderson or Dwight Freeney.

Some players can be better or worse depending on the situation they were drafted into but your great players will be good no matter where they go. Also if a high draft pick takes too long to develop then it may not do you any good since you only have them for 4-5 years now.May I also point out that there are no guarentees in the draft even at Number 1.

Of course, all this second guessing becomes tedious, especially when the posters think they know more than the professionally paid NFL scouts.

I do suggest you all put in your applications poste haste.

pmoon6
11-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Thanks again for pointing out that there are some Bills homers posting on a Bills message board. It's absolutely shocking.No, no, no. We all need to be "objective realists" when it comes to our beloved football team. Only constant criticism on an obscure message board will get One Bills' Drive to finally listen to all the experts who have the current high scores on Madden 25.

Daysa knows tings.