PDA

View Full Version : Heinz Field Is Going To Be A Mess To Play On Sunday

BillsImpossible
11-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Pitt plays Notre Dame on Saturday night at Heinz Field. The game starts at 8:00 pm.

The grass field is going to be torn up, and horrible to play on 14 hours after that college game ends on Saturday.

This should not be allowed in the NFL. Natural grass fields take time to repair after any football game. 14 hours is not enough time to prepare a professional football playing field. It's dangerous to any players health. Plant your foot in a golf sized chunk of a divot, slip and hope you're still healthy? The NFL should be doing everything possible to help prevent player injuries, the least they could do is provide a safe, EVEN field to play on by mandating the fake stuff.

A crap playing surface could slow down the Bills offense. I'd run Jackson more than Spiller because he has better balance and is less likely to slip.

Steelers are used to playing in the mud and green painted dirt. The Steelers will definitely have the, "home field," advantage.

Here's a related article.

NFLPA'S UPSHAW CALLS OUT HEINZ FIELD GRASS

In a survey of roughly 1,500 active players in 2006, the surface at Heinz Field was voted as the second-worst in the NFL
http://www.fieldturf.com/en/artificial-turf/artificial-turf-news/nflpas-upshaw-calls-out-heinz-field-grass

-----------

Get off the grass, NFL. Your product is more exciting to watch on field's designed with artificial turf. It's a faster surface, much like astroturf was but without the concrete beneath it. Damn that had to hurt!

Has anyone here ever walked on the stadium turf at the Ralph? What's it like?

Here's another related article.

Roethlisberger’s rant at Ralph Wilson Stadium turf missed the mark

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1181/ben-roethlisberger)’s claim that the surface at Ralph Wilson Stadium was to blame (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/26/roethlisberger-blames-fieldturf-for-decastros-injury/) for Pittsburgh guard David DeCastro (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7412/david-decastro)’s injury on Saturday night in Buffalo missed the mark in one important respect: Roethlisberger blamed FieldTurf, but the surface at Ralph Wilson Stadium is actually called A-Turf Titan.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/27/roethlisbergers-rant-at-ralph-wilson-stadium-turf-missed-the-mark/

JoeMama
11-07-2013, 08:05 PM
You know who benefits the most from this?

Fred-Ex.

The man delivers no matter the conditions. I bet he has a lights out game Sunday.

TigerJ
11-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Not disagreeing with you, but at least the weather forecast for Pittsburgh is for dry conditions through Sunday. The Pitt Panthers game may tear up the field, but at least there won't be rain to turn it into a quagmire.

TrEd FTW
11-07-2013, 08:54 PM
You know who benefits the most from this?

Fred-Ex.

The man delivers no matter the conditions. I bet he has a lights out game Sunday.

Yep, and it helps that the Steelers have the 31st-ranked run defense. Fred and Spiller should combine to go off.

Skooby
11-07-2013, 09:16 PM
We're going to run all over them, I mean literally our time of possession is going to be 40:00 minutes + with a huge lead.

Mace
11-07-2013, 09:23 PM
I miss messy blood and guts games, so maybe this one makes me enjoy it again. In a PC sense, I'm not saying I miss players getting damaged, but it was fun watching "weather and conditions" "grit" games. I don't think this will be one in any case.

BillsFever21
11-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Oh no if we lose the game here comes BillsImpossible's next excuse and conspiracy theory against the Bills.

If anything a crappy field may help us. We have a good running game and the Steelers OL is so damaged their running game isn't the greatest. They have been winging the ball around much more then the Bills. That would give us an advantage.

BillsImpossible
11-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Oh no if we lose the game here comes BillsImpossible's next excuse and conspiracy theory against the Bills.

If anything a crappy field may help us. We have a good running game and the Steelers OL is so damaged their running game isn't the greatest. They have been winging the ball around much more then the Bills. That would give us an advantage.

You just called me the C word? wtf bro? It ain't no conspiracy, all I'm saying is that the field is going to be for ****e and professional football teams deserve better.

BuffaloRedleg
11-08-2013, 02:43 AM
EJ is my 3rd string QB in fantasy. There are better options out there, but I really really really want to start EJ this week. Someone convince me I should start him and not get a douche like Eli/Glennon/Flacco. What is the fun in having one of those guys?

Meathead
11-08-2013, 04:28 AM
at least there won't be rain to turn it into a quagmire.

giggidy

stuckincincy
11-08-2013, 04:42 AM
I say they should move the goalposts back to the goal line. :chuk:

RedEyE
11-08-2013, 11:31 AM
I worry more about the injuries.

As I'm also a big ND fan, I could have made good use of a trip to Pittsburgh this weekend. Not sure why it just now dawned on me that the Bills and the Irish were playing back-to-back games this weekend at Heinz field.

OpIv37
11-08-2013, 11:46 AM
I worry more about the injuries.

As I'm also a big ND fan, I could have made good use of a trip to Pittsburgh this weekend. Not sure why it just now dawned on me that the Bills and the Irish were playing back-to-back games this weekend at Heinz field.

Ha I was just thinking the same thing. But Sun is my wife's B-day- I don't think dragging her off to Pittsburgh or ditching her at home to go watch football would have gone over so well.

RedEyE
11-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Ha I was just thinking the same thing. But Sun is my wife's B-day- I don't think dragging her off to Pittsburgh or ditching her at home to go watch football would have gone over so well.

But Pittsburgh is so romantic this time of year!

OpIv37
11-08-2013, 11:49 AM

She actually does like Pittsburgh- we've gone there for long weekends a couple times and enjoyed it. The football would ruin it for her though...

stuckincincy
11-08-2013, 11:55 AM

Heh - I lived there for 11 years. The confluence of the 3 rivers, the hills, the view at night coming out of the Liberty Tubes or from Mt. Washington is stunning - especially so at night. Western PA is a geographic gem.

Lefty2985
11-08-2013, 12:44 PM
I agree with that threat. The field at the Ralph is soft with rubber in the turf.

stuckincincy
11-08-2013, 12:51 PM
No rain predicted. The field should be ok.

mikemac2001
11-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Yep its gonna suck

WagonCircler
11-10-2013, 01:27 PM
You know what else? That Y2K bug is going to be awful!