PDA

View Full Version : Rodriguez Active for the Steelers game? Really?

ghz in pittsburgh
11-08-2013, 08:53 AM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/11/07/new-fb-rodriguez-to-be-active-sunday/

I'm very surprised for a non kicker/punter that was signed off the street to be used that quickly in regular season. Whether he plays the role of receiving or blocking, he needs checmistry with QB and understands the scheme very well. It's not like he's seasoned vet either.

better days
11-08-2013, 08:58 AM

I'm very surprised for a non kicker/punter that was signed off the street to be used that quickly in regular season. Whether he plays the role of receiving or blocking, he needs checmistry with QB and understands the scheme very well. It's not like he's seasoned vet either.

I think he will only be used on special teams against the Steelers.

Dr. Lecter
11-08-2013, 09:24 AM
If the following players are inactive:

Robert Woods
Jeff Tuel
Ty Powell
Justin Rodgers
Brandon Smith
Antoine McClain
Ronnie Wingo

who exactly should be dressed ahead of Rodriquez?

stuckincincy
11-08-2013, 11:25 AM

I'm very surprised for a non kicker/punter that was signed off the street to be used that quickly in regular season. Whether he plays the role of receiving or blocking, he needs chemistry with QB and understands the scheme very well. It's not like he's seasoned vet either.

Yes - very surprising. If they needed a body, I'd think they would pluck somebody off their PS. Although, I don't recall when another club signed a player from BUF's PS.

Yasgur's Farm
11-08-2013, 11:30 AM
I believe Marrone stated in yesterday's presser that they want to get a look at him on ST's

IlluminatusUIUC
11-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Halfback and fullback are the only positions I could expect any sort of contribution from a street FA in their first week. And he's a backup/desperation option at best there.

DraftBoy
11-08-2013, 11:44 AM
It will be interesting to see if he and Charles dress this week.

stuckincincy
11-08-2013, 12:07 PM
I believe Marrone stated in yesterday's presser that they want to get a look at him on ST's

If you look for ST help, I'd think you would look to your PS. Who have been under evaluation already. They have a LB, a DB, 2 OLs, a QB, 2 WRs, and a DL.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-08-2013, 12:55 PM
He's a former 4th pick with off field issues. Part of it maybe they want to see what he's got.

WagonCircler
11-08-2013, 02:12 PM
One Friday my friend Walter Broughton, Bills WR and Kick Returner (#89) left me some tickets at will call for a game two days later.

By Sunday afternoon, #89 had turned into a white guy who was signed off the street.

That guy turned out to be Steve Tasker.

stuckincincy
11-08-2013, 02:33 PM
One Friday my friend Walter Broughton, Bills WR and Kick Returner (#89) left me some tickets at will call for a game two days later.

By Sunday afternoon, #89 had turned into a white guy who was signed off the street.

That guy turned out to be Steve Tasker.

This fellow is 4.58 in the 40 yard dash and managed to get 18 weight reps in the 2012 combines. I'm beginning to think he's related to somebody on the club.

The last buffalo fan
11-08-2013, 05:50 PM
This fellow is 4.58 in the 40 yard dash and managed to get 18 weight reps in the 2012 combines. I'm beginning to think he's related to somebody on the club.
He is my uncle if that helps. We call him Speddy Rodríguez ... yeepa yeepa ándale ándale arrba arriba!

better days
11-09-2013, 09:09 AM
It will be interesting to see if he and Charles dress this week.

I would expect both Rodriguez & Charles to dress & play with Rodriguez being limited to special teams.

better days
11-09-2013, 09:11 AM
If you look for ST help, I'd think you would look to your PS. Who have been under evaluation already. They have a LB, a DB, 2 OLs, a QB, 2 WRs, and a DL.

I think the Coaches already know what the PS guys have to offer.

The last buffalo fan
11-09-2013, 11:14 AM
I think the Coaches already know what the PS guys have to offer.

Correcto, and it works the other way around too! Maybe my uncle offers them something our PS don't. :idunno:

Mace
11-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Stunning.

We already have a capable fullback, and I don't get why you'd get another one for special teams. If you want speed and bulk, you get a generic linebacker, tight end or Dorin Dickerson except we cut him, or resign Brad Smith properly humbled, or Corey McIntyre, unemployed and special teams proficient. If you want to groom a younger McIntyre you already have a Summers who seems able to catch or run for 1 unless you don't want to gas your seldom used FB on special teams to waste his blocking ability.

I dunno what they're doing and won't pretend I do.