PDA

View Full Version : grigo shows up, rest of sabres take in an NHL game from ice level

JATMtheJATM
11-08-2013, 11:35 PM
6-2. 6 goals against. 2 for. both were by recently benched rookie grigo. he had 1 career goal coming in.

in his career now, roughly half an NHL season, grigo has unimpressive numbers. 3 goals, 5 assists. over a span of a whole season, thats 6 goals, 10 assists. 16 points. not very good. however, grigos game has been coming around this season, despite him playing small amounts of minutes and with players who cant compliment his skill. still, he improves. slowly. but surely. over the next 40 games for grigo, look for his PPG to increase. i would even guess over that span, he could have 10-15 points. his confidence is building. his development is going forward. im liking what im seeing.

coastal
11-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Hodgson's line gets benched in the 3rd and your posting rose colored glasses threads?

cmon man!!!

JATMtheJATM
11-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Hodgson's line gets benched in the 3rd and your posting rose colored glasses threads?

cmon man!!!

what? you dont think a rookie who gets poor playing time and poor line mates scoring 2 goals is a good thing?

the team sucked. what else can be said about it? im talking about grigos noticeable development. everyone and their dog knows this is going to be a long season. how many more posts do we need about it? i watched the game. the sabres played pathetically, except grigo.

JATMtheJATM
11-09-2013, 10:50 AM
also, i dont believe im being overly optimistic regarding grigos development and future. hes rated as one of the top prospects in the NHL by hockeys future.

DetDannyWilliams
11-09-2013, 11:31 AM
you know what I want to see? a line of Girgensons/ Ennis/ Grigorenko. Put Grigs on LW put Ennis at Center Girgo on RW Put the two 2012 1st round draft choices on ONE LINE and have them feed off one another that could be one fun line to watch and that is what we need right now is fun

JATMtheJATM
11-09-2013, 11:36 AM
i just want grigo to get more ice team and better linemates. coastal and i discussed grigo on the RW working for the wall, and we both liked that idea.

coastal
11-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Personally I think more problematic is that Hodgson just got some multi-million $$$ extension and is playing like a stiff.

half empty.

coastal
11-09-2013, 11:44 AM
i just want grigo to get more ice team and better linemates. coastal and i discussed grigo on the RW working for the wall, and we both liked that idea.
Who do u think would be a better linemate for him... Rinehart or Draisaitl?

coastal
11-09-2013, 11:46 AM
you know what I want to see? a line of Girgensons/ Ennis/ Grigorenko. Put Grigs on LW put Ennis at Center Girgo on RW Put the two 2012 1st round draft choices on ONE LINE and have them feed off one another that could be one fun line to watch and that is what we need right now is fun
And do you honestly see anything more in ennis than an AHL player?

Downinfloflo
11-09-2013, 11:50 AM

cmon man!!!

Middle of the 2nd.

JATMtheJATM
11-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Who do u think would be a better linemate for him... Rinehart or Draisaitl?

its funny cause i was reading about both these guys a few days ago. but im pretty sold on sam reinhart. but if they went aaron ekblad, id be ok with that too. draisaitl is a big boy. 23 pounds heavier then reinhart right now and expected to get thicker. i wouldnt mind that at all. but if you have the first overall pick, i believe you gotta get the most skilled, highest potential guy in the draft. and from what i read, thats reinhart.

JATMtheJATM
11-09-2013, 11:55 AM
And do you honestly see anything more in ennis than an AHL player?

overall, or this year? ennis has been for most of his career an effective depth scorer for a pretty bad team. but this year? hes an AHLer, along with half the team.

JATMtheJATM
11-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Personally I think more problematic is that Hodgson just got some multi-million $$$ extension and is playing like a stiff.

half empty.

and thats whats so maddening. you see guys half assing it like stafford, ennis, and hodgson, yet grigs keeps getting stuck with no ice time and garbage linemates. hes at least working out there. and hes 19, and he needs to see the ice to develop. yet rolston is giving him this tough love act with scratches and garbage ice time for those guys to get 18 minutes a night? the ****?

Downinfloflo
11-09-2013, 12:02 PM
He should be in the AHL....He's not ready to play against men in the NHL.

He would get more ice time in the minors and his confidence won't be shot to hell...

JATMtheJATM
11-09-2013, 12:04 PM
He should be in the AHL....He's not ready to play against men in the NHL.

He would get more ice time in the minors and his confidence won't be shot to hell...

i agree, but he cant be in the AHL.

though i believe his confidence is rising.

Mouldsie
11-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Rolston is a joke. IDK why he keep scratching the young Russians and he also annoyed me by not letting Miller play against Quick the other night. There is always something small that he does which I hate. Oh and his over-use of the phrase "our compete"

SkateZilla
11-09-2013, 02:19 PM

half empty.

The whole team is playing half empty.

Miller and Enroth are puttin on a show for Olympic Spots, once the Olympics are done, expect 6-x ass whippin's every game.