• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Downinfloflo
    Victimizing The Victimizer
    • Aug 2012

Matt Moulson: It’s the most embarrassed I’ve been in my career

Matt Moulson stood facing his locker stall, his back to the rest of the dressing room following the Sabres’ debacle in Anaheim. Moulson slowly took off his equipment, hesitant to turn around and look at anyone.

The Buffalo newcomer had just been benched for the final 26:11 and seemingly didn’t know how to act.

“It’s the most embarrassed I’ve been in my career,” Moulson told The Buffalo News.

The 30-year-old has had a distinguished career. He’s topped 30 goals three times and is on pace to do it again. He’s played 339 games after spending three seasons in the minors and working his way into the league.

And yet there he was sitting shoulder-to-shoulder with center Cody Hodgson and right wing Tyler Ennis for the entire third period, watching his new teammates finish a 6-2 loss. Did he know why?

“No, you have to ask him,” Moulson said of Ron Rolston.
    Moulson, a pending unrestricted free agent acquired last month, is getting a harsh introduction to the Sabres’ rebuilding scheme.

You think he re signs with Buffalo in the off season...
    Last edited by Downinfloflo; 11-09-2013, 07:27 PM.
  • ckg927
    Not quite Best in the World....
    • Aug 2012

Re: Matt Moulson: It’s the most embarrassed I’ve been in my career

Hell no. I don't think he even MAKES the off-season. He'll be gone by the trade deadline, IMO.
    John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
    David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• Downinfloflo
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ckg927 View Post
      Hell no. I don't think he even MAKES the off-season. He'll be gone by the trade deadline, IMO.
      I'm sure that's what he would love to happen.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
        • Aug 2012

i dont think keeping him was ever the plan. they plan to flip him for another first.
        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Downinfloflo
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
          i dont think keeping him was ever the plan. they plan to flip him for another first.
          What they need are established hockey players.

If you keep selling off your talent for draft picks it's going to be 2020 before you see a return.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Downinfloflo View Post
            What they need are established hockey players.

If you keep selling off your talent for draft picks it's going to be 2020 before you see a return.
            theyll get established players. but moulson is 30. he doesnt want to be a part of a rebuild. they can get established players through free agency during the offseason. trading moulson at the deadline isnt going to be a big deal when talking about an established player who isnt going to stay anyways.
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

I don't mind a rebuild but it's clear that Rolston is out his league...

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                I don't mind a rebuild but it's clear that Rolston is out his league...
                im with ya there. give dineen a try?
                Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                  • Aug 2012

theyll get established players. but moulson is 30. he doesnt want to be a part of a rebuild. they can get established players through free agency during the offseason. trading moulson at the deadline isnt going to be a big deal when talking about an established player who isnt going to stay anyways.
                  When you have problems like keeping Molson.....What makes you think the Sabres would be attractive to other established players?

Who would want to go threw another season/seasons like the one they are having now?

Let's be realistic here, Buffalo had a very hard time attracting free agents when things were ok.

You guy's are looking at a very long and painful situation.
                  Last edited by Downinfloflo; 11-09-2013, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• mightysimi
                    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                    • Mar 2010

When you have problems like keeping Molson.....What makes you think the Sabres would be attractive to other established players?

Who would want to go threw another season/seasons like the one they are having now?

Let's be realistic here, Buffalo had a very hard time attracting free agents when things were ok.

You said it yourself people don't want to play there. So you trade him for what you can get. He is a UFA and there is no franchise tag coming.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                      • Aug 2012

its not that the sabres are having problems keeping moulson. it was never their plan to keep him.
                      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                        • Aug 2012

when the pens were rebuilding, they took guys who were at the twilight of their career. i expect the sabres to do the same.
                        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Dude
                          that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
                          • Feb 2005

This franchise is a ****ing joke.

Comment

• black N yellow
                            • Dec 2012

this team is a freaking embarrassment. Even the new owner in Florida knows what's up and this crap is unacceptable to people who spend money on the "product".

Comment

• coastal
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

im with ya there. give dineen a try?
                              I start with Darcy and plug in Korab... go from there.

Comment

Working...
                              X