PDA

View Full Version : Stephon Gilmore???

jamze132
11-10-2013, 01:59 PM
WTF is he doing, channeling Chris Watson?

Meathead
11-10-2013, 03:20 PM
he was so bad today it wasnt just his worst game as a pro, it was his worst three games as a pro. yes he used up three games worth of suck in this one performance

Famous Amos
11-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Gilmore looks like he doesnt have any instincts.

Meathead
11-10-2013, 03:24 PM
softmore ... sofamore ... soffmore ... second year slump now confirmed. i predict he will bounce back next season, maybe even down the stretch. hes gonna be good but hes regressed a bunch lately

Forward_Lateral
11-10-2013, 03:42 PM
He's possibly the most over-rated Bill of all time. All he does is get holding or PI penalties, or get torched. I'm so sick of hearing how awesome this guy is. He's been nothing short of terrible.

jimmifli
11-10-2013, 03:46 PM
It looked like he wasn't wearing cleats.

Oaf
11-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Did anyone ever expect that opponents would pick on him with LEODIS MCK on the other side?

Skooby
11-10-2013, 03:58 PM
He wasn't in the zone today.

SpikedLemonade
11-10-2013, 03:58 PM
"But Buddy Nix's 1st round draft picks have all been great. He left us with so much talent."

Homers simply suck the coq and swallow.

cookie G
11-10-2013, 04:17 PM
it almost looks as though he laid around playing one handed xbox in his time off.

BertSquirtgum
11-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Why does Spiked only post when the Bills lose? Go fist yourself loser

SpikedLemonade
11-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Why does Spiked only post when the Bills lose? Go fist yourself loser

Remove your foot from you ass first.

Novacane
11-10-2013, 04:57 PM
He's possibly the most over-rated Bill of all time. All he does is get holding or PI penalties, or get torched. I'm so sick of hearing how awesome this guy is. He's been nothing short of terrible.

I don't get the love for him either. I don't remember anything he did last year.

MikeNC
11-11-2013, 06:52 AM
it seemed like he did want to be on the field yesterday, beated by 4 steps, tackled like a pansie...

TacklingDummy
11-11-2013, 06:55 AM

i didn't think he did anything special his rookie year to earn him praise this year.

Forward_Lateral
11-11-2013, 07:54 AM
i didn't think he did anything special his rookie year to earn him praise this year.

I'm not disagreeing.

jdaltroy5
11-11-2013, 07:56 AM
I don't remember anything he did last year.
That's kind of the goal for a CB isn't it?

starrymessenger
11-11-2013, 09:09 AM
The fast little guys seem to have his number.
Its great to be a physically imposing corner and cover the big boys on the outside but if there is a flaw in your game it's only a matter of time until it gets exploited.
and why was he lining up 8-10 yards off a player like Brown?

jdaltroy5
11-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Its great to be a physically imposing corner and cover the big boys on the outside but if there is a flaw in your game it's only a matter of time until it gets exploited.
and why was he lining up 8-10 yards off a player like Brown?Well that's a flaw in the defensive scheme then.

If a fast little guy is burning you, then switch to a zone or have Robey or McKelvin cover him.

starrymessenger
11-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Well that's a flaw in the defensive scheme then.

If a fast little guy is burning you, then switch to a zone or have Robey or McKelvin cover him.
Yes I would have better liked to see Robey on Brown or Gilmore in press.

ServoBillieves
11-11-2013, 09:49 AM
I love the pro's on this board.

I was vocal about how bad Gilmore was yesterday. I think he had a terrible game, but that doesn't dilute his effort. He's playing with a broken hand, and last year he did have great numbers when it came to coverage. You throw against the weakness in coverage, and I'd throw against the guy who had a club on his hand for weeks instead of McLovin'. Byrd is invisible, so what are you afraid to throw against? Aaron Williams has been great all year as well, so if McKelvin and Williams are on one side of the field, and you move your #1 to the Gilmore/Byrd side and see results, what would you do?

feldspar
11-11-2013, 10:36 AM
I don't get the love for him either. I don't remember anything he did last year.

You don't remember what he did last year because he was doing his job.

After week 5 of last year, Gilmore didn't allow a single TD pass or a WR to gain more than 50 yards against him in any game. This as a rookie.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-11-2013, 11:27 AM
and why was he lining up 8-10 yards off a player like Brown?

Gilmore is not a shutdown corner. He's not fast enough and agile enough to cover guys like Austin.

However he IS a top corner going against today's WR trend: fast, strong, tall guy. That is what he's drafted for. He'll do a better job on Calvin Johnson than small WR's. And for years, the Bills don't have such a guy in CB.

Against guys like Austin, He'd need to refine his skills at jamming without holding, like Revis went through in his first couple of years. And this is Gilmore's 2nd year, injury riddled 2nd year.

So you can look at it both ways. If you want to win now, you put someone else on the smaller guys. But if you are basically tossing this year away, you let Gilmore play whoever lines up across from him.

gebobs
11-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Remove your foot from you ass first.
Lame.