PDA

View Full Version : WR is squarely on the need list

X-Era
11-10-2013, 03:07 PM
I'd be just fine with taking one in the 1st round even.

We have no legit #3 WR and certainly no legit outside presence opposite Woods if Stevie runs the slot.

It's a need. I've seen too much garbage plays from Graham, Easley, and Goodwin.

I'd like a bigger, faster WR like Marqise Lee or Sammy Watkins.

No, it isn't out biggest need but It is absolutely a need.

Mr. Pink
11-10-2013, 03:08 PM
We first need a legit QB to throw to a WR.

TacklingDummy
11-10-2013, 03:11 PM

1st: QB
1st: WR (for Byrd)
2nd: CB

Only problem with this is we wont draft Winston the following year.

Novacane
11-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Until we have a QB nothing else matters

X-Era
11-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the hijack attempt guys. This thread is about the WR position.

Mr. Pink
11-10-2013, 03:14 PM

There's nothing wrong with the WRs, imo, when the top 3 guys are healthy.

Stevie, Goodwin, Woods are plenty good enough when there's a QB who can get them the ball.

How is a 4th WR squarely on the need list exactly?

X-Era
11-10-2013, 03:16 PM

Stevie, Goodwin, Woods are plenty good enough when there's a QB who can get them the ball.

How is a 4th WR squarely on the need list exactly?How is Goodwin proven to you as a solid WR? He looked really questionable just today and has done little to cement himself as a go to guy.

Let's not assume that because he's better than Graham he's just fine... I don't see that.

Mr. Pink
11-10-2013, 03:18 PM
How is Goodwin proven to you as a solid WR? He looked really questionable just today and has done little to cement himself as a go to guy.

Let's not assume that because he's better than Graham he's just fine... I don't see that.

There's two possession guys in Woods and Stevie...Stevie has shakey hands at times but he can get open whenever he wants to off the line. Then you have Goodwin to stretch the field and make big plays. What more do you really need?

A tight end is more of a need than WR.

Novacane
11-10-2013, 03:19 PM

Woods and Goodwin have shown enough as rookies that I don't think it's a top need. A good QB would make them look even better

TacklingDummy
11-10-2013, 03:19 PM

QB's make the WR's.

When you don't have a QB, you don't have a WR.

X-Era
11-10-2013, 03:20 PM
QB's make the WR's.

When you don't have a QB, you don't have a WR.So, there were plenty of throws that hit the receivers in the hands today and were dropped.

stuckincincy
11-10-2013, 03:25 PM
QB's make the WR's.

When you don't have a QB, you don't have a WR.

Bah.

If the 1st qb drafted, EJ, isn't injured and so can't become a rah-rah baby, BUF has 2 more wins.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-10-2013, 03:31 PM
There's two possession guys in Woods and Stevie...Stevie has shakey hands at times but he can get open whenever he wants to off the line. Then you have Goodwin to stretch the field and make big plays. What more do you really need?

A tight end is more of a need than WR.

We need at least one big body guy for possession and red zone. Whether that is a tightend or WR is immaterial.

kingJofNYC
11-10-2013, 03:32 PM
WR/TE QB LB OL all needs. AKA Same **** different year

BertSquirtgum
11-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Bills need a legit #1 because Steve is always hurt

justasportsfan
11-10-2013, 03:37 PM

If Peyton were here we'd have those wrs. Its not a hijack when the point is made that a horrible qb makes the wrs disapear

justasportsfan
11-10-2013, 03:38 PM
So, there were plenty of throws that hit the receivers in the hands today and were dropped.

Are you blind? Ejs throws were worse than Tuels

BertSquirtgum
11-10-2013, 03:42 PM

I wish this wasn't true but it is

Oaf
11-10-2013, 03:53 PM

ZAZusmc03
11-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Let's be honest here, the only receiver we would need is Megatron. 10 yards over his head? He'd catch it. Too far behind or in triple coverage? He'd catch it. There is no Calvin coming our way anytime soon, but it would be nice to see a big physical wr for the bills.

GvilleBills
11-10-2013, 05:28 PM
True, and both guys were victimized by drops.

Incidentally, I'm leaning toward a Sefarian-Jenkins type. When I think about record, draft position, and value available... makes sense to me.

SpikedLemonade
11-10-2013, 05:37 PM
We need to continue drafting CBs, RBs and WRs highly.

It has worked for us so well thus far.

Whatever we do, we just better not draft OL highly.

justasportsfan
11-10-2013, 06:40 PM
True, and both guys were victimized by drops.

Incidentally, I'm leaning toward a Sefarian-Jenkins type. When I think about record, draft position, and value available... makes sense to me.

I rewatched the game EJ couldn't hit his receivers 5 yards out. Whats the use of having speedy receivers like Goodwin when they are on the ground because they had to make an acrobatic catch because the qb threw it far or behind him.

At least with Tuel they were dropping balls even though he threw it right on the money.

The Jokeman
11-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Why no call for a legit TE? Scott Chandler gets too much love here.

GvilleBills
11-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Why no call for a legit TE? Scott Chandler gets too much love here.

Post #21

Jry44
11-14-2013, 09:47 AM

How is a 4th WR squarely on the need list exactly?

There's nothing wrong with them until we get into an "and goal" situation. We don't have that guy that can go up and come down with a fade in the back corner in man coverage. Stevie is a very good, smooth route runner, but that's more effective as a slot receiver.

trapezeus
11-14-2013, 11:24 AM
regardless of if you think EJ is the issue or not, we don't have a reliable big body receiver. i've said before the TJ graham's inability to go fight for the ball in the air makes him useless.

Goodwin is also small and makes easy catches harder and sometimes flat out drops them. get a big body who can take some punishment and demands a double team. you will see any running back and the slot/smaller receivers start becoming a lot better.

we've seen 3 QB's so far. none have taken over a game, but they've all kept us in games to a degree.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-14-2013, 11:44 AM
There's nothing wrong with them until we get into an "and goal" situation. We don't have that guy that can go up and come down with a fade in the back corner in man coverage. Stevie is a very good, smooth route runner, but that's more effective as a slot receiver.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but this is the reason I wanted them to keep David Nelson. He's not fast whatsoever, but he does have a huge wingspan, which helps QBs that have scattershot accuracy like ours.

Mr. Pink
11-14-2013, 11:52 AM

To be fair, that fade route we saw last weekend, we'd need Yao Ming at WR to maybe have a chance at that play being successful.

Jry44
11-14-2013, 11:56 AM
To be fair, that fade route we saw last weekend, we'd need Yao Ming at WR to maybe have a chance at that play being successful.

I'm not talking about that play specifically, obviously. Even if it were on target this team doesn't have a player that can go up and have a chance to come down with it. It's a void on this offense that needs to be filled.

Mr. Pink
11-14-2013, 11:59 AM
I'm not talking about that play specifically, obviously. Even if it were on target this team doesn't have a player that can go up and have a chance to come down with it. It's a void on this offense that needs to be filled.

Scoring in the redzone doesn't always rely on fade patterns. You can run picks. Slip a back into the flat. Run the ball out of the spread. Stevie is a big target at 6'2" which is why he gets the majority of the fade routes we try to run.

Scott Chandler could be running those routes or using his body but for some reason, he's on the sidelines most of the time in goal to go situations. He's huge. 6'7"

TacklingDummy
11-14-2013, 12:45 PM
WR is squarely on the need list

It wouldn't be if the Bills made the right selection in AJ Green.

The Jokeman
11-14-2013, 07:23 PM
It wouldn't be if the Bills made the right selection in AJ Green.

I think the bigger mistake was taking CJ Spiller when we could have had Dez Bryant and kept Marshawn Lynch.

BillsFever21
11-14-2013, 07:57 PM
The only way I would draft a WR high in the draft was if there was a legit #1 type WR like Megatron, AJ Green, etc. I believe a true #1 is a need but unless we can get one of them types then it doesn't do us much good.