PDA

View Full Version : Homers -- Don't Be Upset at 3-7...Wait Until Next Week

SpikedLemonade
11-10-2013, 04:03 PM
I still can't believe the idiots that year after year argue how good the Bills are.

Yes Yes their fan coq is bigger than mine.

The Jets are clearly a better team than the Bills.

Novacane
11-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Bills play better at home. They could win it. More likely Ryan makes EJ look like a little lost sheep again.

Mr. Pink
11-10-2013, 04:11 PM
There's only one thing left to do...

Lose baby lose.

TrEd FTW
11-10-2013, 04:14 PM
The Ryan-led Jets have pounded the Bills both physically and on the scoreboard in just about every matchup. I expect more of the same next Sunday.

BleedinGreenNC
11-10-2013, 04:14 PM
It will be a close game, as usual. I do see Ryan mixing up the defense to confuse EJ, they did a good job against Brees.

Mr. Pink
11-10-2013, 04:16 PM
It will be a close game, as usual. I do see Ryan mixing up the defense to confuse EJ, they did a good job against Brees.

Won't be close.

It'll be another game like today's with Manuel looking lost against a well coached defense.

THATHURMANATOR
11-10-2013, 04:18 PM
I still can't believe the idiots that year after year argue how good the Bills are.

Yes Yes their fan coq is bigger than mine.

The Jets are clearly a better team than the Bills. I still can't believe ******s start dumb threads like a broken record constantly. The realists win again. The bills suck. Hooray!!!

SpikedLemonade
11-10-2013, 04:21 PM
I still can't believe ******s start dumb threads like a broken record constantly. The realists win again. The bills suck. Hooray!!!

Oh frustrated are you?

Don't worry we will win 3 more meaningless games this year so you can masturbate to them.

Be classy though and use a tissue since you mom is getting suspicious as to why the white tube socks are always stuck together.

Mr. Pink
11-10-2013, 04:21 PM
I still can't believe ******s start dumb threads like a broken record constantly. The realists win again. The bills suck. Hooray!!!

They're only a real QB away from being a legitimate team. That's why it's time to lose out and draft that QB.

It's a strong QB class at the top and all a few more meaningless wins will do is make it harder to get one of those guys.

I'm not expecting 3-13 to win the Bridgewater sweepstakes but it possibly could. The Jags could beat the Fish and then beat the Bills also being 3-13. The Bucs on the other hand I don't know if they could pull off two more wins on top of beating the Bills.

Unfortunately Buddy picked the wrong year to finally draft a QB.

THATHURMANATOR
11-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Oh frustrated are you?

Don't worry we will win 3 more meaningless games this year so you can masturbate to them.

Be classy though and use a tissue since you mom is getting suspicious as to why the white tube socks are always stuck together.
Not really. I don't even get upset anymore with the team. Dumb threads on message boards for some reason get me going more.

THATHURMANATOR
11-10-2013, 04:28 PM
They're only a real QB away from being a legitimate team. That's why it's time to lose out and draft that QB.

It's a strong QB class at the top and all a few more meaningless wins will do is make it harder to get one of those guys.

I'm not expecting 3-13 to win the Bridgewater sweepstakes but it possibly could. The Jags could beat the Fish and then beat the Bills also being 3-13. The Bucs on the other hand I don't know if they could pull off two more wins on top of beating the Bills.

Unfortunately Buddy picked the wrong year to finally draft a QB.bridgewater isn't even the top college qb. Plus you must know there is zero chance we go qb round one. Why even bring it up?

THATHURMANATOR
11-10-2013, 04:30 PM
This thread reminds me of one of those dummies who calls wgr.

Novacane
11-10-2013, 04:31 PM
bridgewater isn't even the top college qb. Plus you must know there is zero chance we go qb round one. Why even bring it up?

Because it's what they should do even if they won't.

Mr. Pink
11-10-2013, 04:41 PM
bridgewater isn't even the top college qb. Plus you must know there is zero chance we go qb round one. Why even bring it up?

Why not go QB?

Manuel clearly isn't the answer. In a QB driven league you're not winning many games with a guy who can't throw any pass accurately with regularity.

BleedinGreenNC
11-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Any chance the Bills make a play for Big Ben?

Novacane
11-10-2013, 04:44 PM
No. He's old

EricStratton
11-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Manuel clearly isn't the answer.

Is there a chance that 6 professional games isn't a large enough sample size to determine that?

T-Long
11-10-2013, 05:12 PM
too lazy to do the research, but I can imagine what Manning's and Brady's and all of the top QBs first 6 games looked like.

Homegrown
11-10-2013, 05:17 PM
This thread reminds me of one of those dummies who calls wgr. "Hi Bulldog, long time listener, 1st time caller"

Mr. Pink
11-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Is there a chance that 6 professional games isn't a large enough sample size to determine that?

When a guy can't complete simple passes with any kind of regularity, yes.

There are certain things that can't be taught...if you're unable to throw 2-5 yard dumpoffs accurately, you're not one day gonna be able to do it. Unfortunately, EJ can't do that accurately. Meanwhile that's not the only issue with his game. He is unable or unwilling to throw the ball downfield, I'm unsure which, so opposing defenses can just sit 8 in the box all day which makes the running game also ineffective.

We bring in two guys off the street basically and both of them were able to at least keep defenses honest, throw intermediate routes well, allow for the running game to have space.

It's glaringly obvious how bad EJ is when the guys behind him on the depth chart made the offense look better.

IlluminatusUIUC
too lazy to do the research, but I can imagine what Manning's and Brady's and all of the top QBs first 6 games looked like.

Only if you also pull in Gabbert and Losman's too.

The issue is that we're in week 10 now and he's regressing. He cannot hit any pass with regularity, even though he's checking down almost every play. I'm not seeing the upside that we are supposed to be banking on.

Mr. Pink

It has nothing to do with stats.

It has to do with the fact he simply has no accuracy on any throw.

pmoon6
11-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Ah, Anti-Fan fun day.

Can someone put up an E.J Manuel piņata?

SpikedLemonade
11-10-2013, 05:35 PM

Too early to turn on EJ.

TacklingDummy
11-10-2013, 05:38 PM
He'll get injured next week, book it.

BleedinGreenNC
11-10-2013, 05:41 PM
He'll get injured next week, book it.

Its going to be tough facing a defensive front that is coming into its own.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Ah, Anti-Fan fun day.

I think Moonie actually enjoys losses more than wins, because it gives him another chance to tell us how stoic and patient he is.

GvilleBills
11-10-2013, 05:47 PM

Reference his college tape, he's doing the same things. Shows an inability to improve. What's broke cannot be fixed in him.

SpikedLemonade
11-10-2013, 05:53 PM
I think Moonie actually enjoys losses more than wins, because it gives him another chance to tell us how stoic and patient he is.

Let so much closer to death than most of us.

WagonCircler
11-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Ah, Anti-Fan fun day.

Love Moonie, but that would be unfair to piņatas.

Piņatas are more durable, they are more accurate passers and they are less careless with the football than EJ Manuel.

Mace
11-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Too early to turn on EJ.

Yeah, I know you're being sarcastic.

I don't like it, but it probably is. When he was drafted he wasn't a ready made pro and still isn't, missed a huge chunk of preseason reps, then a huge chunk to regular season to date. I don't know what's going to happen with him but we now have the luxury of finding out He hasn't been playing straight through. We have a rookie not ready made QB who, entering week 11, has exp in half of the games including preseason, the team has played.

I don't know where he's going, or if he's going anywhere, but they can now find out and we will too once and for all because this just wasn't a contender year to begin with.

This whole effort has issues imho. Call it a wash and see how they shape up heading into next year. If it doesn't look promising, doesn't matter much because we're looking at 3 more years of it anyway. I don't want to get upset anymore raging at sadistic fate, so I'm not even going to bother for a while to lower my blood pressure.

pmoon6
11-11-2013, 11:08 AM
I think Moonie actually enjoys losses more than wins, because it gives him another chance to tell us how stoic and patient he is.I don't enjoy losses, but at least I'm smart enough to not let my knee hit me in the face. This was the first really bad game we played. I'm happy the way we've played so far, save yesterday.

It's too bad that the youngsters attach so much importance to winning, like it really affects your life. It only does if you let it. Of course, this is one of the psychological issues that arises when you've been raised to be coddled, entitled babies who need instant gratification. Maybe Mommy should have removed the pacifier and binkie a little sooner.

This is the first year of a new regime who started a rookie at QB. Did you think there wouldn't be a learning curve or think that we were going to make the playoffs?

pmoon6
11-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Let so much closer to death than most of us.You never know. You could die tomorrow of a cardiovascular embolism.

Of course, that would require a heart which you seem to lack.

Victor7
11-11-2013, 11:25 AM
I don't enjoy losses, but at least I'm smart enough to not let my knee hit me in the face. This was the first really bad game we played. I'm happy the way we've played so far, save yesterday.

Did you miss the Jets game moonie ?? Don't let the score fool ya. We were outplayed from the very first second of that game up until the end. We weren't exactly killing it in NO either.

EDS
11-11-2013, 11:29 AM

Serious question, does Mike Glennon mean tampa Bay does not take Bridgewater or Mariota #1?

IlluminatusUIUC
11-11-2013, 11:29 AM
I don't enjoy losses, but at least I'm smart enough to not let my knee hit me in the face. This was the first really bad game we played. I'm happy the way we've played so far, save yesterday.

Did you black out the New Orleans game?

I like parts of how we've played this year. I like that we finally have a pass rush now. I like that our defense fights to the close.

This is the first year of a new regime who started a rookie at QB. Did you think there wouldn't be a learning curve or think that we were going to make the playoffs?

Did I? Of course not, I was trying to damp down the absurd homers but pointing that out all offseason. In fact, I correctly predicted we'd be 3-7 by this point (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/219836-OFFICIAL-2013-BZ-Predictions-Contest-(Read-the-rules!)?p=3824277&viewfull=1#post3824277)

BUT, what I hoped to see was a team that was steadily improving week to week, showing an increased understanding of those new schemes and seeing development. What I saw yesterday out of the offense specifically was the exact opposite - our guys looked horrendous on that side of the ball and this is with a healthy Spiller, Manuel, Legursky, Goodwin, etc. Marrone is supposed to be an offensive guy, and he got a ton of draft weapons this year, and couldn't even score a TD in the first 59:50 minutes against a team that gave up 55 points and 600 yards 8 days ago.

pmoon6
11-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Did you miss the Jets game moonie ?? Don't let the score fool ya. We were outplayed from the very first second of that game up until the end. We weren't exactly killing it in NO either.OK, the second bad game since you want to quibble. We were still in it until the end. And the NO game was a familiar case of the defense getting worn down in the fourth quarter.

BTW. As with the Range, I've petitioned the staff here to stock the Zone Store with Midol, tampons, tissues and testosterone injections, just in case the Anti-Fans periods become too much to bear. The test is just in case some decide they actually want to become men.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you black out the New Orleans game?

I like parts of how we've played this year. I like that we finally have a pass rush now. I like that our defense fights to the close.

Did I? Of course not, I was trying to damp down the absurd homers but pointing that out all offseason. In fact, I correctly predicted we'd be 3-7 by this point (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/219836-OFFICIAL-2013-BZ-Predictions-Contest-(Read-the-rules!)?p=3824277&viewfull=1#post3824277)

BUT, what I hoped to see was a team that was steadily improving week to week, showing an increased understanding of those new schemes and seeing development. What I saw yesterday out of the offense specifically was the exact opposite - our guys looked horrendous on that side of the ball and this is with a healthy Spiller, Manuel, Legursky, Goodwin, etc. Marrone is supposed to be an offensive guy, and he got a ton of draft weapons this year, and couldn't even score a TD in the first 59:50 minutes against a team that gave up 55 points and 600 yards 8 days ago.Lick my balls and follow the Broncos.

Victor7
11-11-2013, 11:37 AM
OK, the second bad game since you want to quibble. We were still in it until the end. And the NO game was a familiar case of the defense getting worn down in the fourth quarter.

BTW. As with the Range, I've petitioned the staff here to stock the Zone Store with Midol, tampons, tissues and testosterone injections, just in case the Anti-Fans periods become too much to bear. The test is just in case some decide they actually want to become men.

- - - Updated - - -

Lick my balls and follow the Broncos.

:rofl:

Now that's the moonie I know. Your previous swipe at Spiked not having a heart was quite weak. This is much better

pmoon6
11-11-2013, 11:54 AM

Now that's the moonie I know. Your previous swipe at Spiked not having a heart was quite weak. This is much betterI'm trying to adopt a kinder, gentler personality.

It seems this staff won't put up with as much of my ****....or this site has more posters that run to the principle when things get edgy.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Lick my balls and follow the Broncos.

Remember guys, pmoon is the guy who doesn't take this too seriously or overreact.

pmoon6
11-11-2013, 12:16 PM

Remember guys, pmoon is the guy who doesn't take this too seriously or overreact.That was an over reaction? I figure since you constantly comment about me personally, I would return the favor.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-11-2013, 12:25 PM
That was an over reaction? I figure since you constantly comment about me personally, I would return the favor.

Of course I comment about you personally, because you lace every single post with this cracker barrel schtick and I find it annoying.

pmoon6
11-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Of course I comment about you personally, because you lace every single post with this cracker barrel schtick and I find it annoying.Put me on ignore then, but you would miss my extensive knowledge of the history of the Bills' and pro football in general.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Put me on ignore then, but you would miss my extensive knowledge of the history of the Bills' and pro football in general.

Your football discussion is first rate.

It's the "Young people these days" stuff I can do without.

pmoon6
11-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Your football discussion is first rate.

It's the "Young people these days" stuff I can do without.OK, but I can't resist mocking them. Call it a character flaw.

better days
11-11-2013, 01:15 PM
I DAMN WELL WILL BE UPSET IF THE BILLS ONLY WIN 3 GAMES THIS YEAR & WILL CALL FOR MARRONE TO BE FIRED & REPLACED WITH PETTINE.

But I don't expect that to be the case. I still expect the Bills to win 6 games this year.

SCREW THE 3-13 CROWD.

better days
11-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Serious question, does Mike Glennon mean tampa Bay does not take Bridgewater or Mariota #1?

No doubt the Bucs will have a new HC & maybe a new GM by the time the draft rolls around.

Because of that, they might pick a QB with their first pick, but Glennon has played as well as could be expected of him this year.

WagonCircler
11-11-2013, 01:23 PM
It's the "Young people these days" stuff I can do without.

You mean, like "young people today are thin skinned pussies?"

BertSquirtgum
11-11-2013, 01:28 PM
OK, but I can't resist mocking them. Call it a character flaw.

3 - 13

better days
11-11-2013, 01:32 PM
3 - 13

​SCREW THE 3-13 CROWD.

Meathead
11-11-2013, 01:33 PM
hey you illumis get off my lawn

Meathead
11-11-2013, 01:34 PM
http://austraalien.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/fist.jpg

Meathead
11-11-2013, 01:44 PM
It seems this staff won't put up with as much of my ****

did you slip back into the come say that to my face moonie again? its like you just cant let that decades old self die once and for all can you. lol. my dads seventy five and hes awesome but a little too macho sometimes imo. every once in a while he still puffs himself up and acts like hes gonna whoop some ass. kinda endearing in a lovable ass holey sort of way

they may be race issue ******s around here but at least they let you speak your mind. you gotta cross the whoop ass line or have a long pattern of verbal abuse in the football forums to get sent to the principles office

Mr. Pink
11-11-2013, 01:48 PM
4-12 or 5-11.

We'll screw the chance at getting one of the top 2 QBs in the draft.

SpikedLemonade
11-11-2013, 01:54 PM
4-12 or 5-11.

True, but Better Days will be just sooooo happy for those next meaningless wins.

Then he can tell us the lie of how those meaningless wins this year will mean so much for the development of the team next year.

Just ask last year's KC Chiefs.

pmoon6
11-11-2013, 02:01 PM
3 - 13How apropos. 13 is your Wonderlic score.

TacklingDummy
11-11-2013, 02:05 PM
4-12 or 5-11.

We got the Top QB in the Draft this year.

Mr. Pink
11-11-2013, 02:08 PM

Allegedly.

Glennon and Geno have both looked better at the NFL level than EJ has.

Victor7
11-11-2013, 02:23 PM

According to Marrone, Whaley and Co. Manuel wasn't the highest rated QB on most boards.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-11-2013, 02:24 PM
You mean, like "young people today are thin skinned pussies?"

Who are you quoting? I never said that.

BertSquirtgum
11-11-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm already out of cgsls contest because I guessed 10-6 so **** the bills the rest of the year. They are an embarrassment as usual.

jills
11-11-2013, 05:08 PM
There's only one thing left to do...

Lose baby lose.

And we suck at that too, we can't get a decent draft spot and when we do we blow the pick selecting a bust.

It's like a friggin' comedy.

Meathead
11-11-2013, 05:30 PM
personally i still think this is a bonafide division contender next season. lots of great stuff has happened this season, tons of very young players managing to show longer and longer periods of playing above their heads - except yesterday of course when they had their heads up their collective rears. but still lots of progress overall. and yeah still big question mark at qb but he could go either way. it appears we found a gamer in thadd so maybe he will become the guy down the road

the only guy im worried about being over the hill next year is freddie. but truth is i said he was going to hit the wall harder than amanda bynes hits the adderall bottle and that didnt happen so who knows maybe fred will go on forever. white williams wont be too old but might not have as much burst, still should be a veteran force. really who else do we need to be worried about, almost everybody should come back next season just as good or better so marrone will have a lot more good core bodies to build that roster. another round of new player adds and im looking at ten wins bet the house

better days
11-12-2013, 12:04 AM
True, but Better Days will be just sooooo happy for those next meaningless wins.

Then he can tell us the lie of how those meaningless wins this year will mean so much for the development of the team next year.

Just ask last year's KC Chiefs.

Damn right I am happy to see every win.

A win may not mean much for development next year, but a loss does not mean ANYTHING for development either.

You & Mr. Pink have both said the Bills don't draft well anyway, so what is the gain in your eyes if they draft a few picks higher?

I myself will trust the Bills front office to draft GOOD players no matter what spot we pick them at.

And as MANY people like to point out GOOD players are there to be had later in the round.

You know, like the players picked after Dareus.

​SCREW THE 3-13 CROWD.

pmoon6
11-12-2013, 06:18 AM
I've said this many times. Anyone who wishes to lose to get a better draft position is a moron. The main reason you win is because of attitude and mindset. Two weeks ago we beat an undefeated team and a pretty good defense save for one play. We more than doubled their offensive output. Many so called experts are calling the Chefs the best team in the league. If the Bills suck so bad, how could they have even been in the game after the first quarter? We laid an egg on Sunday, at least offensively. The defense still put up a good fight. Maybe the guy that most everyone says should not be on an NFL roster should have started and Manuel brought in, in case Tuel faltered.

It's not where you draft, it's how you draft. Many first round picks, especially QBs, don't make it. All the so called experts say they're good yet those players somehow don't work out and every taem has drafted those kind of players. So, my original point is valid. Wishing to lose so you draft at No. 4 instead of 12 is the stuff of the mentally inept.