PDA

View Full Version : If Geno Smith Wins Next Week

BillsImpossible
11-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Today's loss was a huge blow, but if the Bills lose next week to the Jets the franchise is screwed.

Public relations nightmare headed for 1 Bills Drive.

If Geno Smith torches the Bills next week, heads should roll but of course they won't.

Novacane
11-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Justin Rogers will be inactive. He won't torch them again. Not that we won't still lose.

BleedinGreenNC
11-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Today's loss was a huge blow, but if the Bills lose next week to the Jets the franchise is screwed.

If Geno Smith torches the Bills next week, heads should roll but of course they won't.

He isnt going to torch the Bills, its going to be a close game. I do not see as many penalties as the last game, i see both D's throwing everything that they have at the rookie QB's. Josh Cribbs will be key to our offense next week.

SpikedLemonade
11-10-2013, 05:18 PM

Buddy Nix already slid out of town.

Never fired.

He still has a role we are told.

You want some hope for change?

How is Ralph's health these days.

TacklingDummy
11-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Although I don't like Geno Smith, he's proved 1 thing so far, the Bills drafted the wrong QB to pin their hopes on.

BleedinGreenNC
11-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Although I don't like Geno Smith, he's proved 1 thing so far, the Bills drafted the wrong QB to pin their hopes on.

If he can continue to cut down on the turnovers, then this statement is true, we will see.

Mr. Pink
11-10-2013, 05:26 PM
If he can continue to cut down on the turnovers, then this statement is true, we will see.

That statement is already true.

Geno may make mistakes but he's at least trying to do things out there.

EJ makes less mistakes ie turnovers because he is either unable or unwilling to try to make something happen.

BleedinGreenNC
11-10-2013, 05:27 PM

EJ makes less mistakes ie turnovers because he is either unable or unwilling to try to make something happen.

He is trying, sometimes too hard.

GvilleBills
11-10-2013, 05:32 PM
He is trying, sometimes too hard.
Better than the alternative

Novacane
11-10-2013, 05:34 PM
I have no regrets on not drafting Smith. He may prove me wrong but I doubt it.

BleedinGreenNC
11-10-2013, 05:40 PM
I have no regrets on not drafting Smith. He may prove me wrong but I doubt it.

Im glad we drafted him, especially in the 2nd round

Novacane
11-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Good for you. We already went over this in another thread. Time will tell.

BleedinGreenNC
11-10-2013, 05:44 PM

I was posting in a thread that a Bills fan made, you dont like it, dont comment on what i have to say.

BuffaloRedleg
11-10-2013, 05:48 PM

Flawed logic. They were both the wrong QBs to pin their hopes on at this point.

BleedinGreenNC
11-10-2013, 05:50 PM

Says who? Geno is having a decent season for a rookie.

Novacane
11-10-2013, 05:51 PM
I was posting in a thread that a Bills fan made, you dont like it, dont comment on what i have to say.

You quoted me so I responded. Don't quote me or address me and I won't you. WTF is your problem? I don't like Geno Smith. Didn't like he before the Jets took him. I'm glad he's not a Bill. Maybe that will change someday. I don't think so. If I'm wrong I'll admit it. Doubt you will be around if he turns out to be another Sanchez.

BleedinGreenNC
11-10-2013, 05:56 PM
You quoted me so I responded. Don't quote me or address me and I won't you. WTF is your problem? I don't like Geno Smith. Didn't like he before the Jets took him. I'm glad he's not a Bill. Maybe that will change someday. I don't think so. If I'm wrong I'll admit it. Doubt you will be around if he turns out to be another Sanchez.

I dont have a problem with anyone, you have your opinion, i have mine. Trust me, im glad EJ isnt a Jet. Been here for a bit, dont plan on going anywhere.

Novacane
11-10-2013, 06:00 PM
I dont have a problem with anyone, you have your opinion, i have mine. Trust me, im glad EJ isnt a Jet. Been here for a bit, dont plan on going anywhere.

That's all I said and you got pissy.

DynaPaul
11-10-2013, 06:02 PM
For as dumb as Geno is at least he's not afraid to go downfield. I still think he's going to be the next Vince Young though. EJ needs to grow a sack and start making plays.

BleedinGreenNC
11-10-2013, 06:03 PM
That's all I said and you got pissy.

Not pissy at all, carry on sir.

chris66
11-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Big difference between Geno and EJ is that Geno will try to throw his receivers open and EJ waits for them to be open. EJ plays a lot like Trent, but with a better arm. Geno is the gun slinger.

kishoph
11-11-2013, 07:33 PM
For as dumb as Geno is at least he's not afraid to go downfield. I still think he's going to be the next Vince Young though. EJ needs to grow a sack and start making plays.

What is so important about throwing downfield so many times, in 5 games this year Brady average yd. per has been under 5.5 yds. Manuel has had 1 game where it has been that low yesterday's. In 4 division games this year Brady has 9 passes that have gone over 20 yds, . In yesterdays game, not being able to run allowed the Steelers to drop their safeties, would it been better in Manuel kept throwing to receivers that were double covered ? Brady has made a career of taking small chunks at a time and moving the ball right up the field.

TacklingDummy
11-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Brady has 3 Super Bowl rings, Brady has his team at 7-2.

The Jokeman
11-11-2013, 08:41 PM

Is he though? Look at their average per games at:

http://www.kffl.com/player/27524/nfl/statistics?mode=weekbyweek&zzz=1
vs
http://www.kffl.com/player/27493/nfl/statistics?mode=weekbyweek&zzz=1

If review the links Smith is averaging a mere 33 yards more passing than EJ other than that their numbers are very similar.

The Jokeman
11-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Big difference between Geno and EJ is that Geno will try to throw his receivers open and EJ waits for them to be open. EJ plays a lot like Trent, but with a better arm. Geno is the gun slinger.

Give me a methodical move the chains QB over a gunslinger over time and you can win more. I'm not ready to say EJ is one of those as he hasn't shown he can move the chains on a consistent basis in the regular season but did like some of the drives he had in the preseason that went 80 plus yards.

bosshogg21
11-11-2013, 09:35 PM
I'd take glennon over both at this point.

trapezeus
11-12-2013, 08:38 AM
EJ's inaccuracy on the short stuff makes me feel like he's losman.

the one thing that i'll give patience to him on is that he never seems flustered. he never lets it get to him and he openly talks about wanting to get better.

losman was just closed off and assumed he'd rely on his athletic ability to make plays.

EJ needs a bounce back game or the frustration from the crowd gets infinitely worse.

THATHURMANATOR
11-12-2013, 09:50 AM

My god Smith has 1 TD and 5 INTs in his last 4 games. Who gives a ****.

EJ needs to show progress. I don't give two ****s about Geno Smith only about EJ.

OLDSRIP
11-12-2013, 01:58 PM

Exactly. All Pre draft reports said Geno was the qb who was closest to being rady to play in the NFL.
most reports said Manual was a project with a big upside.
so far those reports seem accurate What happens in 2-3 years is anyone's guess.

But some people like to rush judgments. And others know everything, including the future.

THATHURMANATOR
11-12-2013, 04:33 PM
I'd take glennon over both at this point.

WHY? He looked like **** last night too. Had what 130 yards passing?

Mr. Pink
11-12-2013, 05:27 PM
WHY? He looked like **** last night too. Had what 130 yards passing?

He made some plays.

I'd take anyone behind center who makes plays over the chicken shiz coward the Bills have.

sudzy
11-12-2013, 07:18 PM

All the experts said that this wasn't the year to draft a QB. So which ever QB we reached for was not going to be a good choice. We just reached for the QB that does less.

BertSquirtgum
11-12-2013, 07:37 PM

This post is ******

X-Era
11-13-2013, 05:52 AM
Says who? Geno is having a decent season for a rookie.
Yet EJ's rating and QBR are higher...

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2013, 08:52 AM
What are we arguing about here people.

EJ and Geno, and Glennon or any rookie QB for that matter have looked like crap.

Was EJ a mistake? Time will tell. We certainly can't make judgement that he is.

Just like we can't say Geno Smith is a bust because he has been HORRID for the last 4 games.

Thing that gets me is all these dummies talking about how if we lose this week heads will roll. WHY?
Do you not realize Jets are winning in spite of Smith?

It also makes me laugh that prior to the game everyone was so happy EJ was starting and just a couple hours later he needs to be cut and coaches and GM fired. Get a grip people.

I by no means am sold on Manuel yet. I have liked some things but have not like more. I am certainly willing to hold judgement until a larger sample size is in front of us. If he keeps playing like this the rest of the year I would have no problem going QB again in round 1.

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Exactly. All Pre draft reports said Geno was the qb who was closest to being rady to play in the NFL.
most reports said Manual was a project with a big upside.
so far those reports seem accurate What happens in 2-3 years is anyone's guess.

But some people like to rush judgments. And others know everything, including the future.

Really? 1TD and 5INts in last 4 games is ready?

Novacane
11-17-2013, 02:38 PM
What a difference a week makes.

Don't Panic
11-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Loving this thread right now... hilarious.

OLDSRIP
11-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Really? 1TD and 5INts in last 4 games is ready?

Thurman your statement in correct. Geno has been lately. But had some more success early vs. EJ.
but EJ sue looked the part today. Ad Geno has but written all over him today. He got frustrated early and often.

THATHURMANATOR
11-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Geno Smith has looked like dog **** almost all games outside when we had our 7th string cbs.

He blows.

BuffaloRedleg
11-17-2013, 06:39 PM
I didn't get to see the game but it sounds like EJ had the game he needed to have at this point. Nobody is or should expect greatness, just flashes that he can be the QB of the future. Consistency comes next, but I sure do like how he seems to have bounced back from an absolutely atrocioius game last week.