PDA

View Full Version : Russ Brandon

coastal
11-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Got a huge promotion during the offseason.

14 years... half of which is now on him.

Yeeeeeeeeah!!!!!!!!!

kingJofNYC
11-10-2013, 07:34 PM
Amazing really.

dude has done **** all, somehow gets promoted. Blind loyalty or pure foolishness, dude somehow got his hooks in Ralph and took him for a long ride.

Homegrown
11-10-2013, 07:37 PM
word on the street is that RW is going to adopt him, and hence Russ will inherit the team ...

SpikedLemonade
11-10-2013, 07:38 PM
The first thing the new eventual owner will do is fire Brandon.

BertSquirtgum
11-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Russ Brandon is fool's gold.

- - - Updated - - -

word on the street is that RW is going to adopt him, and hence Russ will inherit the team ...

Please try better when making up ridiculous lies.

coastal
11-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Amazing really.

dude has done **** all, somehow gets promoted. Blind loyalty or pure foolishness, dude somehow got his hooks in Ralph and took him for a long ride.
I would love to know how much Russ has banked in exchange for his "contribution" to the Buffalo Bills.

the problem is, I'm sure he's helped to make the margins healthy in terms of company financials... and that's what drives this world.

WagonCircler
11-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Russ Brandon will have his job for as long as a 95 year old man continues to breathe.

That's not exactly tenure.

Mace
11-10-2013, 08:18 PM
If you notice, he's again absent past the gladhanding face time offseason moments where it's easy to pretend.

Besides making him the next Ralph for the sake of it, and his weird Xerox guy analytics hire, I'm not sure what he's really done that's so terrible though.

If we'd have hired Shanahan, Bruce Allen and Haslett, and drafted RG3 like people begged for we'd be 3-6, hire Frazier, draft Ponder, sign Cassel, or Freeman and go 2-7, Arians/Palmer a feeble 5-4 if above .500, Chip Kelly/Vick an unimpressive 5-5, all of whom I recall people begging on various boards for as a sign of good faith. Not even going to touch Chudzinski/Weeden/Cambell for 4-5, Flynn who we already cut, Tarvaris who doesn't play or hiring Jeff Fisher for 4-6. We could have grabbed Tebow too, or resigned TO. Andy Reid just isn't all that in KC though I'm happy for Alex Smith.

I don't like Brandon, but seeing Peyton Manning trying to throw to TJ Graham would be even more upsetting so I'm not really so sure what else he could have done at this point.

Trading up for Cam Newton looks awfully poor to me, I don't know Kapernick doesn't get damaged behind this line or that it wouldn't also be funny seeing him throw to TJ Graham, Dalton here would be a smudge on the line markers, and I'm not sure what anyone wants out of Brandon except for him to be Wilson.

All I can think of is forcing Marrone to hire D'Alessandris as line coach (off to a bad start if you make your hire retain anyone), and blowing big money on Levitre (to anchor) and Fitzpatrick (to teach), not even bothering with Powell the punter (which looks like a coaching choice) and drafting Kaepernick over Nix's objections to have Gailey fail to know how to use him.

The Bills are still financially viable, that's about the best you get out of Brandon, who disappears after glandhanding facetime and when I say disappears, I mean disappears as in, "hi guys, how is it going ? should I do something, Jim Overdorf ?"

jimmifli
11-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Got a huge promotion during the offseason.

14 years... half of which is now on him.

Yeeeeeeeeah!!!!!!!!!

He's been extremely successful.

DynaPaul
11-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Did you spend money on game tickets, team merchandise, or the NFL ticket?

Yes?

Ok... then Brandon is doing a great job sucker!

Historian
11-11-2013, 04:45 AM
Root couse.

stuckincincy
11-11-2013, 05:38 AM
Did you spend money on game tickets, team merchandise, or the NFL ticket?

Yes?

Ok... then Brandon is doing a great job sucker!

:nod:

Oldbillsfan
11-11-2013, 06:09 AM
Leave no stone unturned

coastal
11-11-2013, 06:31 AM
Leave no stone unturned
In Syracuse.

trapezeus
11-11-2013, 07:29 AM
again, if the analytics department doesn't find brandon and overdorf the issue, then the new analytics program is broken.

Russ Brandon is why the culture sucks on this team. flashes of brilliance always gets washed over by weeks of boredom.

i think marrone and ej need a huge bounce back game. they need a game that they win handily. if they do that, then this is a lost season where we just don't have enough talent all around. if they continue to be unwatchable like last week, then EJ isn't our guy going forward, and marrone's blind faith in EJ when two crappier qb's have performed better looks to be an issue.

Victor7
11-11-2013, 11:04 AM
I would love to know how much Russ has banked in exchange for his "contribution" to the Buffalo Bills.

the problem is, I'm sure he's helped to make the margins healthy in terms of company financials... and that's what drives this world.

That's how Ralph's world works for sure.

As long as the team turns a profit (and they always do) Russ and Ralph won't give one **** about winning.

coastal
12-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Oh and Russ... **** u.