PDA

View Full Version : stamkos injures knee. taken off on stretcher

JATMtheJATM
11-11-2013, 01:39 PM
per twitters. ill get more info as i can. people are talking this being a long term, serious injury

heres an article.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/tampa-bay-lightning-steven-stamkos-stretchered-off-after-crashing-into-post/

JATMtheJATM
11-11-2013, 01:43 PM
seeing speculation of a broken bone, not knee injury.

SkateZilla
11-11-2013, 02:03 PM
With the way his ankle whipped after hitting the post, he broke his Tibia/Fibula

Mr. Pink
11-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Looked like the Theismann injury.

JATMtheJATM
11-11-2013, 04:01 PM
broken tibia. will have surgery to repair it.

if im regier, im on the phone with yzerman offering stafford up ASAP. "hey, he can help now, and when you get stamkos back, you have depth!"

or even moulson.

SkateZilla
11-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Samkos can play better on crutches with spikes and hockey sticks taped to them and oneskate, than Stafford can play with normal gear.

JATMtheJATM
11-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Samkos can play better on crutches with spikes and hockey sticks taped to them and oneskate, than Stafford can play with normal gear.

absolutely. but what better time for darcy for do his voodoo magic on a desperate team?

Downinfloflo
11-11-2013, 08:39 PM
absolutely. but what better time for darcy for do his voodoo magic on a desperate team?

You know who Tampa's GM is right?

JATMtheJATM
11-11-2013, 08:48 PM
You know who Tampa's GM is right?

is he gonna lace em up?

coastal
11-11-2013, 09:13 PM
is he gonna lace em up?
I'm reaching here... but it's safe to say he learned a thing or two about how to run a successful organization during his career in Detroit.

Downinfloflo
11-11-2013, 09:30 PM
is he gonna lace em up?

If he did he would be the Sabres best player.

JATMtheJATM
11-11-2013, 10:12 PM
If he did he would be the Sabres best player.

probably would be on alot of teams.

coastal
11-11-2013, 10:15 PM
As far as Stamkos goes... totally ****ing sucks. He's the best player in the league.

ive had the privilege of watching him and St. Louis in person three times this year.
he was awesome to watch.

trapezeus
11-12-2013, 08:31 AM
i don't know a single person who has watched hockey a minimum of 3 times in their life, let alone a GM, and thought, "oh god, stamkos went down, let's use stafford instead and let's trade some asset to get stafford."

JATMtheJATM is the Betterdays of the sabres board. infectiously optimistic, but not taking into account the years of mismanagement that will always rear its ugly head and sink most of the positives.

JATMtheJATM
11-12-2013, 11:15 AM
i don't know a single person who has watched hockey a minimum of 3 times in their life, let alone a GM, and thought, "oh god, stamkos went down, let's use stafford instead and let's trade some asset to get stafford."

JATMtheJATM is the Betterdays of the sabres board. infectiously optimistic, but not taking into account the years of mismanagement that will always rear its ugly head and sink most of the positives.

i wasnt being completely serious. im aware stafford is painfully sucky.

but if i was darcy, i would call yzerman and ask if theres anything he wants to weather the storm till stamkos comes back. its probable there is nothing, except maybe moulson to help with the scoring they will lose.

trapezeus
11-12-2013, 11:28 AM
" hey darcy, this is steve....excuse me? you want to trade the guy that your coach benched for not skating hard enough? yeah, i think we'll pass for right now, unless you are willing to take 4 pucks. we'd give you the bag, but we suspect your're a little desperate.

JATMtheJATM
11-12-2013, 11:33 AM
" hey darcy, this is steve....excuse me? you want to trade the guy that your coach benched for not skating hard enough? yeah, i think we'll pass for right now, unless you are willing to take 4 pucks. we'd give you the bag, but we suspect your're a little desperate.

i dont think that attitude would fly down in tampa. i think if you skate for tampa. you skate night in, night out.

mightysimi
11-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Big blow to Team Canada. Although super early prognosis is that it isn't a complicated break and the Olympics are still in play but the time line would be very tight.

coastal
11-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Spoke to an orthopedic surgeon today...

Rumor has it a permanent plate was put in... at boot level. If correct, this does not bode well for Stamkos' ability to return successfully this sort of injury.

the lower on the tibia the fracture, the more problematic the rehab.

OpIv37
11-12-2013, 09:01 PM
How the hell did that injury happen? The net was moving away from him when he hit it, and he hit it right on the thick ass shinguard. I don't understand how he could hit it so hard that it would cause such a serious injury when he had hockey shinguards on and the net was already moving away.

Downinfloflo
11-12-2013, 10:11 PM
How the hell did that injury happen? The net was moving away from him when he hit it, and he hit it right on the thick ass shinguard. I don't understand how he could hit it so hard that it would cause such a serious injury when he had hockey shinguards on and the net was already moving away.

Maybe he hates Milk? :boozer:

rbochan
11-13-2013, 06:36 AM
Due to the injury of Steven Stamkos, Patrick Kaleta has been suspended 10 games.

SpikedLemonade
11-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Spoke to an orthopedic surgeon today...

Rumor has it a permanent plate was put in... at boot level. If correct, this does not bode well for Stamkos' ability to return successfully this sort of injury.

the lower on the tibia the fracture, the more problematic the rehab.

I am the case on point.

jdaltroy5
11-13-2013, 10:45 AM
I really hope he's back for Sochi.

Pair him with Crosby and that's a tough line to stop. Especially with the bigger ice surface.

coastal
11-13-2013, 11:14 AM
I am the case on point.
I know you understand.

imagine trying to lace a skate on top of that injury.

This very well may be a life altering event in his life.

JATMtheJATM
11-13-2013, 11:27 AM
I know you understand.

couldnt he come back fine, but get constantly injured? like forsberg when he hurt his foot? never found comfort again.

SpikedLemonade
11-13-2013, 11:40 AM
I know you understand.

It was in mine.

coastal
11-13-2013, 11:44 AM
couldnt he come back fine, but get constantly injured? like forsberg when he hurt his foot? never found comfort again.
I was out of hockey during that time so can't compare.

One thing I've learned in my career is never underestimate anyone in their rehab from injury or illness, however I like to provide a realistic view of what this is.

and from what I've seen and heard, this isn't good.

he's an elite talent and in my hometown. I've already seen him live 3 times this year and was hopeful I would get to watch him many more times over the next decade. Players like him don't grow on trees.

It's sad on a lot of levels.. but let's see where it goes.

coastal
11-13-2013, 11:45 AM
It was in mine.
I know this too. Wish I could help.

Downinfloflo
11-13-2013, 03:41 PM
Due to the injury of Steven Stamkos, Patrick Kaleta has been suspended 10 games.

How many message boards you post this on? LOL