PDA

View Full Version : Instead of progessing this team is regressing

BillsFever21
11-11-2013, 06:59 PM
This is supposed to be the point in the season where the team starts playing better with a new coaching staff and all of the young players. Instead we are regressing.

We have now lost 3 in a row and 5 out of our last 6. We are a Ryan Tannehill fumble away from a 6 game losing streak. Just think about that for a minute.

We have been blown out and looked like crap in two out of our last three games. The passing game is getting worse instead of better. The Special Teams haven't improved all season long. We can't score touchdowns when we do reach the RZ.

Marrone has looked lost during the games and the evidence is there with any lack of adjustments. Now we have by far our worse game of the season where we couldn't do anything at all. What did we punt like 8 times in a row?

All we heard was how we would be getting better as the season goes along. Instead we have players like Gilmore and Spiller that have regressed horribly from last season. The team isn't improving one bit. They either stay the same or are getting worse. If they don't show a big improvement over the rest of the season that doesn't bode well at all going into next year. I'm not talking about maybe winning a couple games against bottom feeders like the Bucs and Jags either.

justasportsfan
11-11-2013, 07:14 PM
A team will go as far as your qb can take you. The D can't score 20 pts. every game

TacklingDummy
11-11-2013, 07:19 PM
3 plays away from 0-10

ICRockets
11-11-2013, 11:38 PM
3 plays away from 0-10

Hey I can play this game too, this is fun!

Gostowski misses FG, instead of 3-7 we're 4-6.

EJ doesn't get injured vs Cleveland, we're 5-5.

We make 4th and 1 on the goalline vs Bengals, we're 6-4.

No 100 yd pick 6 vs Chiefs, we're 7-4.

This is the NFL. The argument you're making holds no water. If you're not willing to look at this team as a collection of players who could be 7-4, why should I look at them like they should be winless?

IlluminatusUIUC
11-12-2013, 01:09 AM
EJ doesn't get injured vs Cleveland, we're 5-5.

I still reject this assumption, and his performance Sunday is why.

ICRockets
11-12-2013, 03:10 AM
I still reject this assumption, and his performance Sunday is why.

You mean against a defensive coordinator who is 17-2 vs rookie QBs? Did he coach for the Browns earlier this season and nobody noticed when he made the switch?

kishoph
11-12-2013, 04:30 AM
You mean against a defensive coordinator who is 17-2 vs rookie QBs? Did he coach for the Browns earlier this season and nobody noticed when he made the switch?

There are people that will ignore the fact that you had a rookie QB going against a lock Hall of Fame defensive coordinator, ignore the fact that the Bills had no running game, or only 1 WR with experience and the #2 WR injured, or that Manuel himself was just returning from a month off, because of injury. Sure he missed some passes, but so did the 10 year veteran Super Bowl winning QB on the other team, but when Big Ben was off, it was because of the wind. Manuel's had games were he's completed well over 60% or has been close to 300 yards, yet you have people that are so shortsighted or infatuated with the bomb, that they would rather have Jeff Tuel, because they remember he threw a long TD pass.

Meathead
11-12-2013, 04:52 AM
one game dude. even jimbo, thurmal, andre, bruce, biscuit, spiderman, and gazoo had stinkers once in a while

this team is miles away from those teams but still it was just one game. they had been progressing every week before that, crapped the bed big ass time to officially sink the season, and now spend the rest of the year evaluating, teaching, and fine tuning the playbook

i still think the future is very bright for this team. now with the pressure off i wouldnt be surprised to see them generally play very well. i will root for wins when the game is on, be relieved if they actually lose so draft position improves, and look fwd to a big jump in capability and consistency next year

pmoon6
11-12-2013, 07:17 AM
one game dude. even jimbo, thurmal, andre, bruce, biscuit, spiderman, and gazoo had stinkers once in a while

this team is miles away from those teams but still it was just one game. they had been progressing every week before that, crapped the bed big ass time to officially sink the season, and now spend the rest of the year evaluating, teaching, and fine tuning the playbook

i still think the future is very bright for this team. now with the pressure off i wouldnt be surprised to see them generally play very well. i will root for wins when the game is on, be relieved if they actually lose so draft position improves, and look fwd to a big jump in capability and consistency next yearThat's the thing about doom and gloomers. One really bad game and it's "See, I told you we sucked". It's more about pimping their own football acumen than actually being a fan. I guess playing video games makes you a football expert.

"You think you know, but you really don't" ~ Jim Mora.

Albany,n.y.
11-12-2013, 08:19 AM
Blame it on a thing called the schedule (and the one recent home game starting Tuel didn't help either) .
2 games in a row against top teams & a road game in Pittsburgh where the Bills only regular season victory was 38 years ago.
Just keep 1 thing in mind, we're not as bad as this part of the schedule makes us looks & we won't be as good as some people will be thinking when we run off 3 or 4 straight victories in December when the schedule gets soft & we play Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville & Miami in 4 consecutive weeks before going to New England for the finale. If NE is in rest them for the playoffs mode, 5 straight wins after the bye is a good possibility to end the season & the team won't be any better than they are now, just better than the creampuffs on the other side of the field.
Overall this is an average to slightly below average team. They'll lose & sometimes look bad & they'll handle the really bad teams. Average teams also play much better at home than on the road. They're at least 50/50 against the Jets this week because this week Geno Smith is the rookie QB on the road playing for another average team. The Bills could win 8 or 9 games this season with a victory on Sunday.

pmoon6
11-12-2013, 08:43 AM
Blame it on a thing called the schedule (and the one recent home game starting Tuel didn't help either) .
2 games in a row against top teams & a road game in Pittsburgh where the Bills only regular season victory was 38 years ago.
Just keep 1 thing in mind, we're not as bad as this part of the schedule makes us looks & we won't be as good as some people will be thinking when we run off 3 or 4 straight victories in December when the schedule gets soft & we play Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville & Miami in 4 consecutive weeks before going to New England for the finale. If NE is in rest them for the playoffs mode, 5 straight wins after the bye is a good possibility to end the season & the team won't be any better than they are now, just better than the creampuffs on the other side of the field.
Overall this is an average to slightly below average team. They'll lose & sometimes look bad & they'll handle the really bad teams. Average teams also play much better at home than on the road. They're at least 50/50 against the Jets this week because this week Geno Smith is the rookie QB on the road playing for another average team. The Bills could win 8 or 9 games this season with a victory on Sunday.A non reactionary.

How refreshing.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-12-2013, 09:43 AM

Do nobody notice that Manuel was playing poorly in that game, as he had the prior two weeks against Baltimore and New York as well? The Browns have a very good defense in their own right too, btw.

Mr. Pink
11-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Do nobody notice that Manuel was playing poorly in that game, as he had the prior two weeks against Baltimore and New York as well? The Browns have a very good defense in their own right too, btw.

Browns D is 11th in scoring and 5th in yards.

People also apparently forget that when EJ was injured the score was tied and Tuel led the offense into the endzone to take the lead.

Typ0
11-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Stop making excuses people. EJ had a real ****ty game last weekend it's as simple as that. Move on.

Meathead
11-12-2013, 12:32 PM
That's the thing about doom and gloomers. One really bad game and it's "See, I told you we sucked".

yeah and i think its way worse this wk bc at six losses it was still fairly realistic to root for a run to a wc, now with seven losses the season for all intents and purposes is finished. so extra venting was in order i guess

my dad usually takes the losses in stride but he was pretty dejected after this one. i expected the steelers to make the kind of statement game they did so i wasnt surprised, but he was looking at it like a lot of fans that the bills were primed to break out and get to the next level against pittsburgh. kept saying he didnt see this one coming so i guess thats how a lot of fans feel

certainly does suck ass once again to be looking at draft position already in mid november

pmoon6
11-12-2013, 12:44 PM
yeah and i think its way worse this wk bc at six losses it was still fairly realistic to root for a run to a wc, now with seven losses the season for all intents and purposes is finished. so extra venting was in order i guess

my dad usually takes the losses in stride but he was pretty dejected after this one. i expected the steelers to make the kind of statement game they did so i wasnt surprised, but he was looking at it like a lot of fans that the bills were primed to break out and get to the next level against pittsburgh. kept saying he didnt see this one coming so i guess thats how a lot of fans feel

certainly does suck ass once again to be looking at draft position already in mid novemberWell, in the middle of the third quarter, I went and made meatballs (are you related?)and browned them with the sausage. The sauce was started in the morning, so just had to add the meat. I went back to the game and nothing had changed as far as the Bills' side. Real snoozer. I was more bored than disappointed.

kishoph
11-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Stop making excuses people. EJ had a real ****ty game last weekend it's as simple as that. Move on.

I don't think anybody has tried to deny he had a ****ty game, but that doesn't make him a bust, which so many people around here want to get others to believe (that is until he starts doing good).

pmoon6
11-12-2013, 12:59 PM
I don't think anybody has tried to deny he had a ****ty game, but that doesn't make him a bust, which so many people around here want to get others to believe (that is until he starts doing good).As far as a lot of Bills' Fans go, you're a bust if you don't throw for 300 yards your first 5 games out if you're a QB and a running back that doesn't break the Bills' single season rushing record within his first two years, as well.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-12-2013, 01:05 PM
I don't think anybody has tried to deny he had a ****ty game, but that doesn't make him a bust, which so many people around here want to get others to believe (that is until he starts doing good).

He's not a bust (yet) but he's done nothing to convince me he deserves a second season as undisputed starter. Bring in more QBs and let him win the job legitimately.

Mr. Pink
11-12-2013, 01:42 PM
As far as a lot of Bills' Fans go, you're a bust if you don't throw for 300 yards your first 5 games out if you're a QB and a running back that doesn't break the Bills' single season rushing record within his first two years, as well.

Good lord.

It has nothing to do with stats. It has to do with a guy who doesn't look like he even belongs on an NFL field as he cannot complete any throw consistently. Be it 3 yard dumpoffs which is about all he does, 10 yard intermediate routes which he next to never tries and down field throws that he attempts like once a game.

BertSquirtgum
11-12-2013, 02:15 PM
I put all the blame on Marrone's lisp.