PDA

View Full Version : Bucs- Fins

better days
11-12-2013, 12:15 AM
- Anyone that watched this game can see the difference between Miami & Tampa.

Tampa has been lumped in with Miami & Jax as not having a good fan base.

Despite being 0-8, The Stadium was FULL. Unlike Miami when the Bills played there.

And the fans made a LOT of noise.

Bucs fans are much like Bills fans, we have supported the Bucs despite LITTLE Success by the team.

And yes the Bucs have had trouble selling out the last few years, but the economy has been TERRIBLE here as has the team.

When the economy & team both improve, the Stadium will be filled again.

-Oh, and I am on record as wanting the Bills to draft Mike Glennon. I wish he were a Bill, but I am happy he is a Buc.

GingerP
11-12-2013, 06:33 AM
The attendance was up because it was a Monday Night game, so people go for the event.

I think what it shows is how much Tampa and Miami are alike, both drawing poorly.

Since 2009, Miami has finished 27th (89.8%), 26th (90.1%), 31st (81.0%), 32nd (76.3%) & 31st (83.8%) in stadium capacity.

Since 2009, Tampa Bay has finished 21st (96.0%), 31st (75.1%), 28th (86.2%), 31st (83.9%) & 27th (88.9%) in stadium capacity.

So Miami has averaged finishing 29.4 (84.2% capacity) while Tampa Bay has averaged 27.6 (86.0% capacity) in terms of attendance ranking. Congratulations, you both are bottom-5 in fan support!

better days
11-12-2013, 07:38 AM
The attendance was up because it was a Monday Night game, so people go for the event.

I think what it shows is how much Tampa and Miami are alike, both drawing poorly.

Since 2009, Miami has finished 27th (89.8%), 26th (90.1%), 31st (81.0%), 32nd (76.3%) & 31st (83.8%) in stadium capacity.

Since 2009, Tampa Bay has finished 21st (96.0%), 31st (75.1%), 28th (86.2%), 31st (83.9%) & 27th (88.9%) in stadium capacity.

So Miami has averaged finishing 29.4 (84.2% capacity) while Tampa Bay has averaged 27.6 (86.0% capacity) in terms of attendance ranking. Congratulations, you both are bottom-5 in fan support!

I already acknowledged the Bucs have had attendance problems the last few years & explained why.

I already explained, the ECONOMY has been as bad as the team in Tampa the last number of years & the price of a ticket is HIGH. But the Bucs have not had any blackouts this year & like I said the fans made a lot of noise last night.

But both the economy & team are improving in Tampa. And yeah, I know the Bucs are 1-8. I look forward to next year as both a Bills & Bucs fan

Thurmal
11-12-2013, 08:17 AM
Do you have two favorite teams?

GingerP
11-12-2013, 08:19 AM
I already explained, the ECONOMY has been as bad as the team in Tampa the last number of years & the price of a ticket is HIGH. But the Bucs have not had any blackouts this year & like I said the fans made a lot of noise last night.

Last I checked the economy is bad all over the pace, not just in Tampa Bay, yet teams in other cities are playing to a higher capacity.

The Buccaneers have the 18th-highest ticket price in the NFL, so I'm not sure how you make that argument.

From 2010 - 2012 the Bucs had 19 of 24 home games blacked out locally. This year they changed the black-out rules so that to allow teams the option of keeping a game on local television if just 85% of non-premium seats are sold. Tampa Bay elected that option, which is why this year they haven't had any black-outs. So far this year, the Bucs have played to 88.9% capacity.

You can say anything you want, but Miami and Tampa Bay are more alike than different in terms of fan support, both are pretty terrible.

better days
11-12-2013, 09:04 AM
Last I checked the economy is bad all over the pace, not just in Tampa Bay, yet teams in other cities are playing to a higher capacity.

The Buccaneers have the 18th-highest ticket price in the NFL, so I'm not sure how you make that argument.

From 2010 - 2012 the Bucs had 19 of 24 home games blacked out locally. This year they changed the black-out rules so that to allow teams the option of keeping a game on local television if just 85% of non-premium seats are sold. Tampa Bay elected that option, which is why this year they haven't had any black-outs. So far this year, the Bucs have played to 88.9% capacity.

You can say anything you want, but Miami and Tampa Bay are more alike than different in terms of fan support, both are pretty terrible.

Well, you are WRONG. Florida got hit worse than most of the Country & Tampa got hit worse than Cities like Miami & Jax when the economy went in the crapper.

Yeah, I am aware of the rule change but at least with an 0-8 team 85% of the seats have been sold. That IMO is DAMN GOOD.

DraftBoy
11-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Little success? They've made the playoffs 5 times since 2000, won their division 3 times, and won the Super Bowl in 2002.

That's not little success.

They are in a lull and have a beyond ****ty coaching staff, but their last playoff appearance was 2007.

better days
11-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Little success? They've made the playoffs 5 times since 2000, won their division 3 times, and won the Super Bowl in 2002.

That's not little success.

They are in a lull and have a beyond ****ty coaching staff, but their last playoff appearance was 2007.

The Bucs have not had ANY SUCCESS since they WON the Super Bowl.

While that is not as long ago as since the Bills went to 4 & lost them all, It is long enough ago that Sapp now sports a GOLD JACKET.

And while the Bucs were having that SUCCESS, the Stadium was PACKED.

sukie
11-12-2013, 10:23 AM
Florida got hit worse? Yeah, perhaps foreclosures

GingerP
11-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Well, you are WRONG. Florida got hit worse than most of the Country & Tampa got hit worse than Cities like Miami & Jax when the economy went in the crapper.

Lots of places got hit hard by the recession, Tampa Bay was just one of them. I'll agree with you that Tampa is a particularly bad ****-hole, as is pretty much all of Florida.

Yeah, I am aware of the rule change but at least with an 0-8 team 85% of the seats have been sold. That IMO is DAMN GOOD.

You may think it it is good, but factually it is among the worst compared to other NFL teams. There is no disputing that. You can make all the excuses you want but Tampa Bay has been bad in terms of selling tickets compared to other teams, despite the fact that ticket prices are below the league-wide median. You can call it good all you want, but it is in fact poor.

GingerP
11-12-2013, 10:26 AM
And while the Bucs were having that SUCCESS, the Stadium was PACKED.

So what you are saying is they are bandwagon fans. The explains why tickets sales went in the toilet.

better days
11-12-2013, 01:19 PM
So what you are saying is they are bandwagon fans. The explains why tickets sales went in the toilet.

The Bucs were doing GREAT & people were MAKING MONEY at that time.

Tampa's economy is based on two things, Construction/tourism. MUCH more so than anywhere else in Fla except Miami & Miami had the cachet to withstand the down economy in regards to tourism.

Just wait, when Brady is done & the Pats* go in the tank, that Stadium in Foxboro will be EMPTY.

DraftBoy
11-12-2013, 03:30 PM
The Bucs were doing GREAT & people were MAKING MONEY at that time.

Tampa's economy is based on two things, Construction/tourism. MUCH more so than anywhere else in Fla except Miami & Miami had the cachet to withstand the down economy in regards to tourism.

Just wait, when Brady is done & the Pats* go in the tank, that Stadium in Foxboro will be EMPTY.

No it won't.

Crisis
11-12-2013, 03:34 PM
I can't even read better days' posts anymore, I just fixate on the capitalized words.

Novacane
11-12-2013, 06:25 PM
It sounded like there were a lot of phin fans there last night

better days
11-13-2013, 07:57 AM
No it won't.

Yeah. it will.

better days
11-13-2013, 08:02 AM
It sounded like there were a lot of phin fans there last night

There were plenty of Fins fans at the game. I have said before, the Fins have fans all over Fla, even in Tampa because the Fins are Fla's first NFL team.

The problem with Fins fans is they don't show up to their stadium on game day.

But there were not as many Fins fans at that game as there were Bills fans in Miami & they did not make as much noise as Bills fans did.

DraftBoy
11-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Yeah. it will.

Yes because in the 86 year curse the Red Sox had Fenway was a ghost town night in and night out.

better days
11-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Yes because in the 86 year curse the Red Sox had Fenway was a ghost town night in and night out.

SERIOUSLY? You are comparing the Red Sox to the Pats*?

RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Red Sox have a long storied history with a fan base that has been in place over a hundred years.

Boston is a baseball FIRST town & always will be.

The New England Patriots* don't have that history & they used to be the BOSTON Patriots.

The New England fan base is composed of NUMEROUS band wagon fans...................that will jump OFF the band wagon when things go south for that team.

coastal
11-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Dude I live in Tampa Bay Area...

the "fans" here suck. When the local teams are winning... They might show up. might.

better days
11-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Dude I live in Tampa Bay Area...

the "fans" here suck. When the local teams are winning... They might show up. might.

How long have you lived in the Tampa area?

I have lived in SW Fla since 1984. Which is when I became a Bucs fan.

The Bucs have SUCKED for MOST of their existence but Bucs fans are LOYAL, just like Bills fans.

ServoBillieves
11-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Do you have two favorite teams?

Yeah, and apparently some people are Cowboys fans... it's... it's sad.

better days
11-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Yeah, and apparently some people are Cowboys fans... it's... it's sad.

What is sad about that? They are in different Conferences.

When I moved to Fla, there were 3 games a week on Sunday. PERIOD.

NO Sat TV, NO Sunday ticket. If I wanted to watch NFL football, I had a choice to become a Fins fan or a Bucs fan.

I was able to watch the Bills twice a year when they played the Fins.

The Fins were GOOD in 1984 while the Bucs SUCKED, but being a Bills fan, I became a Bucs fan because I could never bring myself to root for the Fins.

OLDSRIP
11-13-2013, 12:12 PM

Who can blame them?
Yeah, but who wants to sit in the freezing cold watching a bad team in November and December?
Ha!

stuckincincy
11-13-2013, 01:44 PM

Unfortunately, FLA hasn't had enough hurricanes the past few years. So those billions and billions of other folks' dollars that have flowed for years (and often been stolen) haven't been handed over recently.

I'd be pleased, if it were possible to saw off FLA and let it drift southward.

better days
11-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Unfortunately, FLA hasn't had enough hurricanes the past few years. So those billions and billions of other folks' dollars that have flowed for years (and often been stolen) haven't been handed over recently.

I'd be pleased, if it were possible to saw off FLA and let it drift southward.

Well, Cinci is the armpit of Ohio.

It would be nice if a tornado swept threw & leveled it.

stuckincincy
11-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Well, Cinci is the armpit of Ohio.

It would be nice if a tornado swept threw & leveled it.

All of OH is an armpit. But we do have a state sales tax to pay our own way, and don't have those tourists - including the idiots from OH that go to FLA and spend $ - that you stated hatred for in a post a while back, that pay your bills for you.

FLA is America's welfare queen. Take, take, take. If it wasn't for air conditioning, half the state's (greatly reduced) population would be gigging for frogs and roasting palmetto bugs for supper.

better days
11-13-2013, 02:10 PM
All of OH is an armpit. But we do have a state sales tax to pay our own way, and don't have those tourists - including the idiots from OH that go to FLA and spend $ - that you stated hatred for in a post a while back, that pay your bills for you.

FLA is America's welfare queen. Take, take, take. If it wasn't for air conditioning, half the state's (greatly reduced) population would be gigging for frogs and roasting palmetto bugs for supper.

Hey, frogs are VERY tasty. I LOVE to eat them myself. Better than a pig roast.

stuckincincy
11-13-2013, 02:30 PM
IMO, nothing beats a whole hog. When I worked in manufacturing in western PA, the Security Dept. paid an old bubba that worked in the body shop to roast one around Christmas time. The fee to dig in was four bucks back then.

better days
11-13-2013, 05:12 PM
IMO, nothing beats a whole hog. When I worked in manufacturing in western PA, the Security Dept. paid an old bubba that worked in the body shop to roast one around Christmas time. The fee to dig in was four bucks back then.

Well, I enjoy a good pig roast myself.

And we are up to our ears in wild boar down here.

If you love pig roasts, you should move to Fla............it is really not such a bad place.

And anyone driving down to Key West, you should stop at Hog Heaven Sports Bar & Grill on Islamorada Key.

It is a great place to make a pit stop on the way down the Keys.

And I am happy for tourists to come to Fla, I just don't want them in my neck of the woods.