X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Bucs- Fins

- Anyone that watched this game can see the difference between Miami & Tampa.

Tampa has been lumped in with Miami & Jax as not having a good fan base.

Despite being 0-8, The Stadium was FULL. Unlike Miami when the Bills played there.

And the fans made a LOT of noise.

Bucs fans are much like Bills fans, we have supported the Bucs despite LITTLE Success by the team.

And yes the Bucs have had trouble selling out the last few years, but the economy has been TERRIBLE here as has the team.

When the economy & team both improve, the Stadium will be filled again.

-Oh, and I am on record as wanting the Bills to draft Mike Glennon. I wish he were a Bill, but I am happy he is a Buc.
  • GingerP
    • Aug 2012

Re: Bucs- Fins

The attendance was up because it was a Monday Night game, so people go for the event.

I think what it shows is how much Tampa and Miami are alike, both drawing poorly.

Since 2009, Miami has finished 27th (89.8%), 26th (90.1%), 31st (81.0%), 32nd (76.3%) & 31st (83.8%) in stadium capacity.

Since 2009, Tampa Bay has finished 21st (96.0%), 31st (75.1%), 28th (86.2%), 31st (83.9%) & 27th (88.9%) in stadium capacity.

So Miami has averaged finishing 29.4 (84.2% capacity) while Tampa Bay has averaged 27.6 (86.0% capacity) in terms of attendance ranking. Congratulations, you both are bottom-5 in fan support!

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
      The attendance was up because it was a Monday Night game, so people go for the event.

I think what it shows is how much Tampa and Miami are alike, both drawing poorly.

Since 2009, Miami has finished 27th (89.8%), 26th (90.1%), 31st (81.0%), 32nd (76.3%) & 31st (83.8%) in stadium capacity.

Since 2009, Tampa Bay has finished 21st (96.0%), 31st (75.1%), 28th (86.2%), 31st (83.9%) & 27th (88.9%) in stadium capacity.

So Miami has averaged finishing 29.4 (84.2% capacity) while Tampa Bay has averaged 27.6 (86.0% capacity) in terms of attendance ranking. Congratulations, you both are bottom-5 in fan support!
      I already acknowledged the Bucs have had attendance problems the last few years & explained why.

I already explained, the ECONOMY has been as bad as the team in Tampa the last number of years & the price of a ticket is HIGH. But the Bucs have not had any blackouts this year & like I said the fans made a lot of noise last night.

But both the economy & team are improving in Tampa. And yeah, I know the Bucs are 1-8. I look forward to next year as both a Bills & Bucs fan

Comment

• Thurmal
        • Oct 2005

Do you have two favorite teams?
        "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• GingerP
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by better days View Post
          I already explained, the ECONOMY has been as bad as the team in Tampa the last number of years & the price of a ticket is HIGH. But the Bucs have not had any blackouts this year & like I said the fans made a lot of noise last night.
          Last I checked the economy is bad all over the pace, not just in Tampa Bay, yet teams in other cities are playing to a higher capacity.

The Buccaneers have the 18th-highest ticket price in the NFL, so I'm not sure how you make that argument.

From 2010 - 2012 the Bucs had 19 of 24 home games blacked out locally. This year they changed the black-out rules so that to allow teams the option of keeping a game on local television if just 85% of non-premium seats are sold. Tampa Bay elected that option, which is why this year they haven't had any black-outs. So far this year, the Bucs have played to 88.9% capacity.

You can say anything you want, but Miami and Tampa Bay are more alike than different in terms of fan support, both are pretty terrible.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Last I checked the economy is bad all over the pace, not just in Tampa Bay, yet teams in other cities are playing to a higher capacity.

The Buccaneers have the 18th-highest ticket price in the NFL, so I'm not sure how you make that argument.

From 2010 - 2012 the Bucs had 19 of 24 home games blacked out locally. This year they changed the black-out rules so that to allow teams the option of keeping a game on local television if just 85% of non-premium seats are sold. Tampa Bay elected that option, which is why this year they haven't had any black-outs. So far this year, the Bucs have played to 88.9% capacity.

You can say anything you want, but Miami and Tampa Bay are more alike than different in terms of fan support, both are pretty terrible.
            Well, you are WRONG. Florida got hit worse than most of the Country & Tampa got hit worse than Cities like Miami & Jax when the economy went in the crapper.

Yeah, I am aware of the rule change but at least with an 0-8 team 85% of the seats have been sold. That IMO is DAMN GOOD.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Little success? They've made the playoffs 5 times since 2000, won their division 3 times, and won the Super Bowl in 2002.

That's not little success.

They are in a lull and have a beyond ****ty coaching staff, but their last playoff appearance was 2007.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                Little success? They've made the playoffs 5 times since 2000, won their division 3 times, and won the Super Bowl in 2002.

That's not little success.

They are in a lull and have a beyond ****ty coaching staff, but their last playoff appearance was 2007.
                The Bucs have not had ANY SUCCESS since they WON the Super Bowl.

While that is not as long ago as since the Bills went to 4 & lost them all, It is long enough ago that Sapp now sports a GOLD JACKET.

And while the Bucs were having that SUCCESS, the Stadium was PACKED.

Comment

• sukie
                  Seriously?
                  • Sep 2012

Florida got hit worse? Yeah, perhaps foreclosures

Comment

• GingerP
                    • Aug 2012

Well, you are WRONG. Florida got hit worse than most of the Country & Tampa got hit worse than Cities like Miami & Jax when the economy went in the crapper.
                    Lots of places got hit hard by the recession, Tampa Bay was just one of them. I'll agree with you that Tampa is a particularly bad ****-hole, as is pretty much all of Florida.

Yeah, I am aware of the rule change but at least with an 0-8 team 85% of the seats have been sold. That IMO is DAMN GOOD.
                    You may think it it is good, but factually it is among the worst compared to other NFL teams. There is no disputing that. You can make all the excuses you want but Tampa Bay has been bad in terms of selling tickets compared to other teams, despite the fact that ticket prices are below the league-wide median. You can call it good all you want, but it is in fact poor.
                    Last edited by GingerP; 11-12-2013, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• GingerP
                      • Aug 2012

And while the Bucs were having that SUCCESS, the Stadium was PACKED.
                      So what you are saying is they are bandwagon fans. The explains why tickets sales went in the toilet.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

So what you are saying is they are bandwagon fans. The explains why tickets sales went in the toilet.
                        The Bucs were doing GREAT & people were MAKING MONEY at that time.

Tampa's economy is based on two things, Construction/tourism. MUCH more so than anywhere else in Fla except Miami & Miami had the cachet to withstand the down economy in regards to tourism.

Just wait, when Brady is done & the Pats* go in the tank, that Stadium in Foxboro will be EMPTY.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

The Bucs were doing GREAT & people were MAKING MONEY at that time.

Tampa's economy is based on two things, Construction/tourism. MUCH more so than anywhere else in Fla except Miami & Miami had the cachet to withstand the down economy in regards to tourism.

Just wait, when Brady is done & the Pats* go in the tank, that Stadium in Foxboro will be EMPTY.
                          No it won't.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Crisis
                            • Aug 2004

I can't even read better days' posts anymore, I just fixate on the capitalized words.
                            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                            Vanek is Austrian not European
                            Originally posted by Prov401
                            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                            Originally posted by better days
                            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

It sounded like there were a lot of phin fans there last night

Comment

Working...
                              X