• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Disgraceful.

That's the word for this team and it's coaching staff.

How... in all honesty how with 2 star running backs, a great #1 receiver, 2 rookies proving their worth, a steady O-Line, and you can't make your below-average rookie quarterback work? You can't put the game in his hands, but you can give it to your 2nd and 3rd backups? Why not try to win when you have seen Thad provide? This team does not want to win this year.

You go up against a Steelers team that is one foot in the grave, and you see your ungodly sad schedule coming up, and 9-7 doesn't seem out of reach... but the coaches think "hey, let's babysit this menial specimen so we can look good in a few years." and not try. It really looked like they didn't even try. No hurry up, CJ comes in for his 1 play of the drive, they have a chance to change personnel, it goes nowhere, and a punt with Moorman who looked horrid. This team does not want to win this year.

Defensively, we have a top 3 line. With Williams, Williams, and Carrington, that is a first rank. Branch and Dareus just make it that much better, but they can't win the game for you. In comes Kiko, Nigel, and Manny. As stated in another thread, Kiko and Manny are having great seasons. Nigel... meh. Then you back up in to the atrocious secondary and ask where Byrd is, see that Aaron is having a great year, and Gilmore and McKelvin are making up for lost ground while Brooks is invisible and Robey and Leonhard have been huge surprises. Take a look at the disgraceful secondary lapses and tell me that you would put in the personnel that the Bills staff did and it wouldn't have gone MUCH better if the team wanted to win. This team does not want to win this year.

So what year do they want to win? 2014? 2015? When Ralph is gone?
    Bye Bye Brady...
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Disgraceful.

I think people underestimate the loss of Levitre in the running game.

If you watched the Bucs Fins game, you would have seen the Bucs plug in RB after RB & pick up yds.

The Bucs have a GOOD OL, the Bills OL needs a LG & RT so BOTH sides of the Bills OL are WEAK.

Comment

• WagonCircler
      Escaped Convict
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
      If you watched the Bucs Fins game, you would have seen the Bucs plug in RB after RB & pick up yds..
      Unlike the Phish!!! Hahahaha, they had TWO rushing yards. TWO!!!! The whole game!

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
        • Aug 2013

Quarterback. If we had a good quarterback, this would be a playoff team.

Everything from the run game to our defense suffers because we cannot move the ball down the field through the air. The defense is on the field too long and too often and teams know we are going to run. I can't possibly blame the defense for any of the losses we've had because they are just on the field too damn long. And you can't tell me it isn't ridiculously deflating to watch your QB throw duck after duck and have to go back on the field every 4 plays.
        Last edited by BuffaloRedleg; 11-12-2013, 01:22 AM.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post

Defensively, we have a top 3 line. With Williams, Williams, and Carrington, that is a first rank. Branch and Dareus just make it that much better, but they can't win the game for you. In comes Kiko, Nigel, and Manny. As stated in another thread, Kiko and Manny are having great seasons. Nigel... meh. Then you back up in to the atrocious secondary and ask where Byrd is, see that Aaron is having a great year, and Gilmore and McKelvin are making up for lost ground while Brooks is invisible and Robey and Leonhard have been huge surprises. Take a look at the disgraceful secondary lapses and tell me that you would put in the personnel that the Bills staff did and it wouldn't have gone MUCH better if the team wanted to win. This team does not want to win this year.
          You do know that you are talking up a Defense that is ranked 29th in the league? Worse than last years 22nd.

But it would help if we had a QB.
          Last edited by TacklingDummy; 11-12-2013, 05:03 AM.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Hackett is struggling so far...and so is EJ...those are the two biggest issues. Give them the rest of the year to figure it out at least.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
              You do know that you are talking up a Defense that is ranked 29th in the league? Worse than last years 22nd.

You do know the defense has had MANY injuries right?

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                Quarterback. If we had a good quarterback, this would be a playoff team.

Everything from the run game to our defense suffers because we cannot move the ball down the field through the air. The defense is on the field too long and too often and teams know we are going to run. I can't possibly blame the defense for any of the losses we've had because they are just on the field too damn long. And you can't tell me it isn't ridiculously deflating to watch your QB throw duck after duck and have to go back on the field every 4 plays.
                No question, the QB play needs to improve as does the OL play.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                  • Sep 2003

How's this any different than the last 13 seasons? The team fixes one area and the bottom on another area falls out. It's whack-a-mole.

Comment

• imbondz
                    Democrats are people too
                    • Jan 2003

My pain is that if we ever do have a QB that's franchiseable, Freddie will be done, Stevie & Spiller will be so fed up at that point that they'll be ready to sign with another team, we go round and round and round in more circles
                    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• pmoon6
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post

They are currently ranked 19th at yardage per game.

Comment

• GingerP
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                        They are currently ranked 19th at yardage per game.
                        Also 19th in 3rd down conversions allowed and 24th in Pts/Gm. I'm not sure where he gets 29th.

Comment

• pmoon6
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
                          Also 19th in 3rd down conversions allowed and 24th in Pts/Gm. I'm not sure where he gets 29th.
                          Where he gets everything else. Out of his ass.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                            • Sep 2003

"great #1 receiver"? Where?
                            "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• WagonCircler
                              Escaped Convict
                              • Jul 2002

Imagine this Defense if we had a QB like Alex Smith. Churning out first downs, rarely turning the ball over.

Right now the Defense is very often put in horrible situations thanks to the Offense and the punting game.

Defense is the least of the Bills' problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X