PDA

View Full Version : RUSH TO JOIN ESPN

BillsFever
07-14-2003, 04:16 PM
Adore-him-or-despise-him talk radio personality Rush Limbaugh will be joining ESPN, with a two-minute essay on the network's weekly preview show, Sunday NFL Countdown.

Limbaugh made the announcement on his daily radio show.

"I am adding to my work load, not taking anything away from it," Limbaugh said. "Nothing is going to change."

"Football is like life and I know life. I am a big fan of the NFL and now I get to do what every football fan would love to do. I get to take my observations from the living room couch to the ESPN studios and talk football."

A well-known follower of the NFL, Limbaugh's name surfaced as a possible analyst on Monday Night Football prior to the ultimately misguided hiring of Dennis Miller.

Though we don't agree with all of Limbaugh's political views, he was a big fan of the old NFLtalk.com site, which indirectly spawned this here joint.

So, yes, now there's finally someone in the ESPN family whom we like.

And speaking of ESPN employees for whom we don't care much, Limbaugh is the second high-profile addition to the Countdown crew in little more than a week, joining former Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin.
http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm