PDA

View Full Version : Bills might get Thanksgiving day game 2014

Skooby
11-13-2013, 10:39 AM
So as everyone knows Detroit and Dallas host thanksgiving day games every year. They rotate between division and outer conference games so CBS can get one of the games.... This year Dallas is playing the AFC team when they take on Oakland (they played Washington last year) and Detroit is playing there division game when they take on the packers (Detroit played Houston last season)

Next year they will flip flop and Dallas will play a NFC team and Detroit will play one of there 2 home AFC east matchups

Which will be either Buffalo or Miami.....

Two reasons I think it's Buffalo is because 1. Miami already played on thanksgiving 2 years ago when they played Dallas and 2. Miami is playing in London already in 2014 so I doubt they would do this to them as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I stole this from: RJMARKIN

OpIv37
11-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Ugggh I hope not- first, it'll mean fighting with my family to work dinner around the game.

Second, the last time Buffalo played in Detroit on T-day, the game started with Detriot scoring on an 80 yard flea flicker on the first play from scrimmage. The Bills always find ways to embarrass themselves on national TV.

Skooby
11-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Ugggh I hope not- first, it'll mean fighting with my family to work dinner around the game.

Second, the last time Buffalo played in Detroit on T-day, the game started with Detriot scoring on an 80 yard flea flicker on the first play from scrimmage. The Bills always find ways to embarrass themselves on national TV.It will be construed as our 1 Thursday game given to every team as well, it's either us or Miami that will get it.

jdaltroy5
11-13-2013, 11:33 AM
If this happens, I will take the day of work, make a turkey, and eat it myself.

I will fall asleep in a pool of gravy and tears from another national game loss.

IAG
11-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Miami is a national team that still gets strong ratings in big spots.

Skooby
11-13-2013, 11:52 AM
If this happens, I will take the day of work, make a turkey, and eat it myself.

I will fall asleep in a pool of gravy and tears from another national game loss. Don't forget about the vomit pool from the alcohol / cranberries upsetting your stomach, there's nothing like a dash of color.

Skooby
11-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Miami is a national team that still gets strong ratings in big spots.
Miami is going to London already. I'm not sure how many prime-time games Miami going to get with the way the organization is being ran right now, it's not exactly going to make for the best press on the NFL's behalf.

OpIv37
11-13-2013, 12:09 PM
Miami is going to London already. I'm not sure how many prime-time games Miami going to get with the way the organization is being ran right now, it's not exactly going to make for the best press on the NFL's behalf.
And the Bills are a better option? We may not have the public drama that they have, but the org is still run poorly and we aren't any better on the field.

justasportsfan
11-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Sal came up with this on WGR months ago.

Historian
11-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Actually we're due...that Lion game was in 1994.

The league probably figures they need to throw us in there once every two decades to be used as a punching bag.

IAG
11-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Going to London has nothing to do with playing on a Thursday. It is not a Primetime game going to England. Every team gets a Thursday game.

Miami might have controversy, but that stuff sells.

Skooby
11-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Going to London has nothing to do with playing on a Thursday. It is not a Primetime game going to England. Every team gets a Thursday game.

Miami might have controversy, but that stuff sells.
Unless it's negative for the NFL & the way things have been, nobody flashes a black-eye on purpose.

IAG
11-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Unless it's negative for the NFL & the way things have been, nobody flashes a black-eye on purpose.

Face it: Ireland is done, Philbin should be, but might survive...hopefully. Martin is done there as is Incognito.

Skooby
11-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Face it: Ireland is done, Philbin should be, but might survive...hopefully. Martin is done there as is Incognito.That being said, The new look Dolphins will probably fill the slot.

Thurmal
11-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Bills will not get Thanksgiving, sorry. If the league needs someone to play in Jacksonville on a Thurday night in mid-October, or a homecoming game for the Pats in New England on a Monday night, that's where our Bills come into play.

SquishDaFish
11-13-2013, 04:11 PM
I think it will be the Bills too seeing Miami just had a TGiving day game recently

Scumbag College
11-13-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm fine with that...I can zone out and not talk to the maniacs with whom I have Thanksgiving Day Dinner.

Skooby
11-13-2013, 08:12 PM
I'm fine with that...I can zone out and not talk to the maniacs with whom I have Thanksgiving Day Dinner.

Zoning is good.

Mace
11-13-2013, 09:35 PM
I don't see any reason the NFL needs to involve the Bills in my holiday celebration where I can relax and watch teams I don't care about slug it out while I don't pay attention because turkey is narcoleptic along with over indulgence, alcohol, and holiday football. I remember a wide variety of games though my life, mostly they were colorful and on good TV's, and I didn't care what happened in this wonderful blur of mellow until the post dinner pots of coffee kick in to frenzy me for 20 minutes until I hit leftovers for more mellow. The NFL gets 20 minutes of my real attention on holidays per game, so I'd prefer the Bills upset me at leisure a different day.

TigerJ
11-13-2013, 09:40 PM
Just so Detroit doesn't have a bye on the Sunday before.

Mace
11-13-2013, 09:50 PM
That's a given though. Bye + Thursday game.

Skooby
11-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Just so Detroit doesn't have a bye on the Sunday before.

I wouldn't bet on that.

JoeMama
11-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Even if the Bills were good (something I clearly never have to worry about ever again), I hate Thanksgiving games.

Nothing ruins a pleasant day like sharing a room with a bunch of brooding Bills fans.

Besides, I'd sooner spend my Thanksgiving being thankful my team isn't embarrassing themselves on national TV.

Skooby
11-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Even if the Bills were good (something I clearly never have to worry about ever again), I hate Thanksgiving games.

Nothing ruins a pleasant day like sharing a room with a bunch of brooding Bills fans.

Besides, I'd sooner spend my Thanksgiving being thankful my team isn't embarrassing themselves on national TV.

Living in the shadows isn't living, we're either going to get better or get embarrassed. We had bad prime time games even when were good, superbowls especially included.

JoeMama
11-13-2013, 11:12 PM
Living in the shadows isn't living, we're either going to get better or get embarrassed. We had bad prime time games even when were good, superbowls especially included.

So long as we remain this pitiful on the football field, living in the shadows suits me just fine. I get to watch the Bills every week regardless. National broadcasts do nothing for us except highlight how profoundly we've fallen from grace to a broader NFL audience.

This team can enjoy the opulence and bright lights of the national spotlight when they earn it by conducting themselves like a professional football team again. Until that time, it would be a mercy to keep them off MNF, TNF, and Thanksgiving broadcasts as much as possible.

And even then, I don't want them to play on Thanksgiving. It's a distraction I don't want on one of the only days of the year I get to see my entire family in one place.

Skooby
11-13-2013, 11:23 PM
So long as we remain this pitiful on the football field, living in the shadows suits me just fine. I get to watch the Bills every week regardless. National broadcasts do nothing for us except highlight how profoundly we've fallen from grace to a broader NFL audience.

This team can enjoy the opulence and bright lights of the national spotlight when they earn it by conducting themselves like a professional football team again. Until that time, it would be a mercy to keep them off MNF, TNF, and Thanksgiving broadcasts as much as possible.

And even then, I don't want them to play on Thanksgiving. It's a distraction I don't want on one of the only days of the year I get to see my entire family in one place.

I think it involves how we finish, the better record with upside gets the game. Right now, Miami's in turmoil & their prognosis is deviance based on all the stories. How can you expect a team that basically asked a abnormal player to toughen up a outcast to show up on an extra prime time game seems a stretch at best.

JoeMama
11-13-2013, 11:34 PM
I think it involves how we finish, the better record with upside gets the game. Right now, Miami's in turmoil & their prognosis is deviance based on all the stories. How can you expect a team that basically asked a abnormal player to toughen up a outcast to show up on an extra prime time game seems a stretch at best.

Miami has my blessing to play on Thanksgiving. And I hope they get the slot.

I like when they disgrace themselves on national TV.