PDA

View Full Version : I Believe in the Team's Direction

IAG
11-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Good things are ahead for the Bills. I really believe that. This team will develop into having the most talent we have had in awhile around here. Keep developing E.J. Manual. His offseason will be huge and he will improve. Add in one more productive draft and targeted FA, the Bills will be contending next year.

This coaching staff has an "it" factor. I love how blunt he is and he is confident in his vision.

The Patriots window is closing. The Jets are smoke and mirrors. Miami is leaderless. It has been a long time since the Bills were close (I still cannot believe we lost to the Steelers in 2004 on the last day of the season to a bunch of backups). Look for improvement and steal some wins to finish the year.

gebobs
11-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Haha...very funny.

better days
11-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Haha...very funny.

​SCREW THE 2 -14 CROWD.

gebobs
11-13-2013, 01:27 PM
​SCREW THE 2 -14 CROWD.

Bully for the 4-12ers!

better days
11-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Bully for the 4-12ers!

​SCREW THE 4-12ers AS WELL.

Mr. Pink
11-13-2013, 01:32 PM
​SCREW THE 4-12ers AS WELL.

Go Go 5-11!

better days
11-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Go Go 5-11!
​6-10 or bust. If the Bills fail to win at least 6 games this year, changes need to be made IMO.

IAG
11-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Stability wins. They have a good FO now and a HC that gets it. I think they make a huge jump next year. I like this group.

better days
11-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Stability wins. They have a good FO now and a HC that gets it. I think they make a huge jump next year. I like this group.

I agree about stability, but stability only wins if you have good people to start with.

That said I think Marrone is a good HC still learning the ropes.

Hackett, I'm not so sure about. If the Bills fail to win 6 games, I think a big portion of that blame can be laid at Hackett's feet.

I would want Hackett fired for Marrone to keep his job if the Bills don't win at least 6 games.

If Marrone refuses to fire Hackett I would want him fired & replaced with Pettine.

sukie
11-13-2013, 02:34 PM
I wrote this season off as extended preseason to see what players beome something and what are CFL fodder at best. I feel at least 3 years of Marrone is a minimum reqirement for evaluation. The skill players on offense a really a question mark . Freddy is getting AARP mail, Spiller needs a "Freddie". The WR are not all that. Hard to really judge when they are all you see. None are world beaters. Tight End Please!!!!!!!! Sure up the LBs to help Kiko... DO NOT DRAFT a punter.

justasportsfan
11-13-2013, 02:44 PM
I like Marrone but I worry about he qb position.

better days
11-13-2013, 03:28 PM
I like Marrone but I worry about he qb position.

I like Marrone, but I worry about punting on the Steelers side of the field LATE in the game down by two scores.

I worry about settling for 3 points when you have the opportunity to try for 7 points 3 times EARLY in the game.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-13-2013, 04:24 PM
​SCREW THE 2 -14 CROWD.

Bully for the 4-12ers!

Oh you of little faith. . . . I swear Gebobs, if you keep posting like this someone is going to think you're an atheist, agnostic, rationalist, or skeptic of some sort :D. When some of you see a 2-14 team and others see a 4-12 team, I see a team that can go 6-10 which is just enough wins for this team to miss out on a high draft pick. I see a team with a vision, a vision of drafting a DB from Ohio State who will replace Byrd. I see a team that is capable of beating the Dolphins, of beating the Falcons, and managing to even win against either Tampa or Jacksonville but not both. I see a team that will put together three wins and give the unwarrantedly optimistic hope for the future. Yes, go with me now to the Eternal Land of Bills football where to borrow from C.S. Lewis its always football season but there's never any playoffs.

Jry44
11-14-2013, 09:09 AM
I agree about stability, but stability only wins if you have good people to start with.

That said I think Marrone is a good HC still learning the ropes.

Hackett, I'm not so sure about. If the Bills fail to win 6 games, I think a big portion of that blame can be laid at Hackett's feet.

I would want Hackett fired for Marrone to keep his job if the Bills don't win at least 6 games.

If Marrone refuses to fire Hackett I would want him fired & replaced with Pettine.

What you have to realize is that this is only this staff's first season. You absolutely can't get every piece into place to do what you want to do on both sides of the ball in just one off season.

As for winning 6 games, I don't think anyone had expectations for this team winning 6 games before the season started. Many thought that the Bills would be right behind the Raiders and Jags as the worst team in the league. Yes, I understand that teams have gone from worst to first in one off season, however it's fairly uncommon. We still need some play makers on the offensive side of the ball ( at the TE position BADLY). We still need a bigger #1 receiver that can go up and get the ball in the redzone. We need another starting caliber corner to go opposite Gilmore. We still need pieces. If we're still talking about finishing 6-10 this time next season then I can see the conversation over changes being made being warranted.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-14-2013, 09:12 AM

i was with you until that absolutely lifeless game last week. now i'm less optimistic unfortunately

better days
11-14-2013, 09:15 AM
What you have to realize is that this is only this staff's first season. You absolutely can't get every piece into place to do what you want to do on both sides of the ball in just one off season.

As for winning 6 games, I don't think anyone had expectations for this team winning 6 games before the season started. Many thought that the Bills would be right behind the Raiders and Jags as the worst team in the league. Yes, I understand that teams have gone from worst to first in one off season, however it's fairly uncommon. We still need some play makers on the offensive side of the ball ( at the TE position BADLY). We still need a bigger #1 receiver that can go up and get the ball in the redzone. We need another starting caliber corner to go opposite Gilmore. We still need pieces. If we're still talking about finishing 6-10 this time next season then I can see the conversation over changes being made being warranted.

Well, I expected the Bills to win 6 games minimum this year.

Chan won 6 games last year with less talent & Wanny as his DC.

As I said before, if the Bills fail to win 6 games, I put a LARGE part of the blame for that on Hackett.

Jry44
11-14-2013, 09:42 AM
Well, I expected the Bills to win 6 games minimum this year.

Chan won 6 games last year with less talent & Wanny as his DC.

As I said before, if the Bills fail to win 6 games, I put a LARGE part of the blame for that on Hackett.

I think you had unrealistic expectations. I thought that 6 was the max.

Chan had the pieces in place to run his system (at least he believed he did). The players also had more time in the system and knew it much better. For Wanny, there is no excuse. He was horrid. In contrast our defense has been light years better this season and is not the reason this team is where they are in the standings. The glaring reason to me is the inability to finish drives on offense. We have no problems until we get into "and goal" situations.

Get a few more pieces in place, let some of the very young players on this team develop (especially Manuel, Woods, Goodwin, and Kiko) and give the players another year to get acclimated to the system and you will see a vast improvement.

Historian
11-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Here's my two cents:

The Sabres started out the season as the league's doormat.

So what did they do? First, they realized they made a mistake.

Second, they hire knowlegable hockey men who bring instant credibility to the organization.

Bills can Gailey. Haven't made the playoffs in 13 years. What do they do?

Promote a guy who is not a football man, and hire a first time pro HC.

Is the team pointed in the right direction? Maybe.

It's just going to be a long, lonely climb back to respectability, and year one is almost over.

You be the judge.

coastal
11-14-2013, 12:13 PM
14 years

Mr. Pink
11-14-2013, 12:31 PM
This team is a real QB away from being headed in the right direction.

This is the closest they've been since 04.

BertSquirtgum
11-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Somebody was huffing the pipe hard yesterday.

Mahdi
11-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Ok but what are we doing to do at the Punter position? We need a franchise guy.