We SUCK. (But has anyone looked at the standings?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnnyGold
    • Dec 2008

We SUCK. (But has anyone looked at the standings?)

EJ looked terrible this past weekend, and it's certainly disheartening to be a Bills fan right now.

In fact, it looks like the season is over--I think I even said as much myself after that loss.

But...

And I'm willing to accept that this is going to go over about as well as the Hindenburg...

Have you looked at the AFC standings?

The Jets are 2 games up on us (and obviously we play them this weekend).

After them, we are one game (or less) behind 7 teams.

IM NOT SAYING THE BILLS ARE GOING TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

But IF we beat the Jets, we go into our bye week 1 game back from the playoffs, with a week off, and 5 games to go.

But 8-8 could be good for the 6 seed in the AFC this year... the conference is that bad.

But have you looked at the teams ahead of the Bills?

The Jets--if we beat them, that takes care of itself.
    Miami--imploding, and one more win than us, currently owns the 7 seed. We've beaten them, and play them again at home.
    Tennessee, Cleveland, Baltimore, San Diego, Oakland, Pittsburgh--all ahead of us, by 1 or .5 games.

This is likely just me rationalizing to myself why I'm going to watch the game this weekend. But the season isn't over. Not by a long shot. Odds are--one of the 8 teams above us separates themselves from the pack, and Buffalo finishes 6-10.

But what if finishing 5-1 (8-8) with games against Miami, the Jets, Jacksonville, Tampa, and stealing one from New England/Atlanta gets us to 8-8 and that's good enough for a 6 seed?

Crazier things have happened.

OK---on with the discussions of which QB to take in the first round this spring.
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: We SUCK. (But has anyone looked at the standings?)

I wouldn't trust them drafting in the middle of the pack.

When they draft in the top ten, there is plenty of outside guidance to nudge them. Whether or not they act on it is another question.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

8-8 won't get us the 6 seed. If nothing else, we'd lose on tiebreakers cuz of all the conf losses.

Even if we win out, I doubt 9-7 gets us in. Not that it matters because that'll never happen.
      Last edited by OpIv37; 11-13-2013, 02:58 PM.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
        • Sep 2004

So your'e saying the Bills are going to make the playoffs?

Comment

• jimmifli
          • Nov 2006

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            8-8 won't get us the 6 seed. If nothing else, we'd lose on tiebreakers cuz of all the conf losses.

Even if we win out, I doubt 9-7 gets us in. Not that it matters because that'll never happen.

Wouldn't they gain in position, and win the tie breakers with all the conference losses? I think you misspoke, Opi.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
              Wouldn't they gain in position, and win the tie breakers with all the conference losses? I think you misspoke, Opi.
              Huh? I'm saying we already have too many conf losses regardless of what happens in the last 6 games.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Gibby
                • Jun 2006

Awww, how precious the annual Bills can blunder into the playoffs Thread and its right on schedule. You know I used to love these threads, and before that I loved this team but after fourteen years all I can say is who you kidding?

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Reminds me of Jim Cary in Dumb & Dumber.

"So you're saying there's a CHANCE"

Sure why not.

Comment

• JohnnyGold
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
                    Awww, how precious the annual Bills can blunder into the playoffs Thread and its right on schedule. You know I used to love these threads, and before that I loved this team but after fourteen years all I can say is who you kidding?

HAHA!!

Agreed! (Embarrassed that I'm the one that made this thread, actually. Because it literally servers no purpose.)

We all know they won't make the playoffs-which renders this thread meaningless.

But let's say they go on an amazing run--it's not like I predicted it in this thread. In fact, I'm predicting the exact opposite--making this thread even more meaningless.

I guess my motivation for making it, is just to point out that this game this weekend still carries some meaning, mathematically.
                    Our season isn't TECHNICALLY over.
                    In fact, when ESPN.com puts up their "playoff calculator" after this weekend, should we win, I think there are going to be a number of interesting ways to get the Bills to the playoffs.
                    Use the NFL Playoff Machine from ESPN to predict the NFL Playoff matchups by generating the various matchup scenarios based on your selections.

In fact, just to make this thread have SOME predictive validity, let me throw a bone here:

If the Bills win this weekend, I think that we will be able to devise scenarios in ESPN's NFL playoff calculator that have the Bills in the playoffs with a 7-9 record!

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                      Huh? I'm saying we already have too many conf losses regardless of what happens in the last 6 games.
                      Oops - I misread.
                      Last edited by stuckincincy; 11-13-2013, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• imbondz
                        Democrats are people too
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by JohnnyGold View Post
                        EJ looked terrible this past weekend, and it's certainly disheartening to be a Bills fan right now.

In fact, it looks like the season is over--I think I even said as much myself after that loss.

But...

And I'm willing to accept that this is going to go over about as well as the Hindenburg...

Have you looked at the AFC standings?

The Jets are 2 games up on us (and obviously we play them this weekend).

After them, we are one game (or less) behind 7 teams.

But IF we beat the Jets, we go into our bye week 1 game back from the playoffs, with a week off, and 5 games to go.

But 8-8 could be good for the 6 seed in the AFC this year... the conference is that bad.

But have you looked at the teams ahead of the Bills?

The Jets--if we beat them, that takes care of itself.
                        Miami--imploding, and one more win than us, currently owns the 7 seed. We've beaten them, and play them again at home.
                        Tennessee, Cleveland, Baltimore, San Diego, Oakland, Pittsburgh--all ahead of us, by 1 or .5 games.

This is likely just me rationalizing to myself why I'm going to watch the game this weekend. But the season isn't over. Not by a long shot. Odds are--one of the 8 teams above us separates themselves from the pack, and Buffalo finishes 6-10.

But what if finishing 5-1 (8-8) with games against Miami, the Jets, Jacksonville, Tampa, and stealing one from New England/Atlanta gets us to 8-8 and that's good enough for a 6 seed?

Crazier things have happened.

OK---on with the discussions of which QB to take in the first round this spring.

we could find this exact same thread at this same time for the past 12 years
                        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• coastal
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

I went through this version of mania last year.

the crash isn't fun.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                            The Voice of Reason
                            • Jul 2007

We will lose to Jacksonville, and a few people will commit suicide. That will be the pen-ultimate dagger. Poz will smile and feel some sense of accomplishment after he left and thought he would get ANYTHING in Jacksonville. We could win out and still lose to that awful team. And we will.

There are no playoffs this year, and this team doesn't want to win this year. The stupidity of the coaches has proved that.
                            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Thurmal
                              • Oct 2005

This team hasn't won even won two games in a row yet.
                              "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

Working...
                              X