PDA

View Full Version : Bills are 3-7

DesertFox24
11-13-2013, 04:15 PM
I am well aware we are what are record says we are but all this EJ hate is crazy to me.

We are a dropped Stevie Johnson pass away from probably beating the pats

We are a healthy Gilmore and McKelvin away from beating the jets

Had EJ not got hurt against Cleveland I am convinced we win that game

Had EJ or Thad started I am sure we beat KC

Yes I am aware this is the NFL, but to say EJ sucks and is not the guy and never will be is crazy. He was beating the pats when they were healthy on Def and was moving the ball well at certain points.

A great come from behind win against the panthers

Got us back into the jet game

Was moving the ball really well against Cleveland with both RBs injuired and hobbled

Did very well against the Ravens and won the game

Had a horrendous game against one of the best Def minded coaches to every coach.

So I will go this way good or bad

Pats - good
Panthers - good
Jets - bad
Ravens - good
Browns - good
Steelers - bad

4 good games for a rookie QB and 2 bad games for our rookie QB, lets see what the guy does after 20 starts.

Skooby
11-13-2013, 04:23 PM
If you watched the last game, it pretty much eliminated any good feelings about EJ.

Mr. Pink
11-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Ravens, good?!?

He had a QBR of 9 in that game. Yes. NINE.

1 TD 2 INTs 45%

DesertFox24
11-13-2013, 04:30 PM
If you watched the last game, it pretty much eliminated any good feelings about EJ.

Yeah it was a bad and horrible game no doubt, and this week will probably not be pretty either.

I am hoping though we see after the bye what we were seeing in the Cleveland game, a guy who is moving the chains and making some plays. That 4 week injury really hurt his development and also hurt the off development because we are back to running plays that were on film early in the season and they have not been able to expand the playbook because he is still very very inexperienced.

DesertFox24
11-13-2013, 04:34 PM
Ravens, good?!?

1 TD 2 INTs 45%

He was 10-22 for 167 as well and played well enough for us to win the game.

I am not going completely off stats by the way, he made some good throws early in the game that got us the lead and then the bills went a little too conservative which hurt him a bit.

Mr. Pink
11-13-2013, 04:43 PM

I am not going completely off stats by the way, he made some good throws early in the game that got us the lead and then the bills went a little too conservative which hurt him a bit.

They won in spite of him. 5 takeaways. 200 yards rushing.

He also lost a fumble in that game. He accounted for all 3 Bills turnovers.

If that's a good performance, I don't see how Sunday's start also wouldn't be good.

Novacane
11-13-2013, 04:46 PM
Ravens, good?!?

1 TD 2 INTs 45%

His rating against Baltimore 48.9. His worst rating game so far but not a 9.

GvilleBills
11-13-2013, 04:47 PM
I think people want EJ to be the answer so bad that the spin doctoring is out of control.
Use less heart (use EJ as inspiration, he has no heart), and more eyes.

better days
11-13-2013, 04:49 PM
They won in spite of him. 5 takeaways. 200 yards rushing.

He also lost a fumble in that game. He accounted for all 3 Bills turnovers.

If that's a good performance, I don't see how Sunday's start also wouldn't be good.

Could be worse.....................could be raining. (Young Frankenstein)

Well, he did not turn the ball over 4 times to lose the game.

Anytime you WIN the game, it was a good performance.

EJ did enough to win that game.

DesertFox24
11-13-2013, 04:58 PM
I think people want EJ to be the answer so bad that the spin doctoring is out of control.
Use less heart (use EJ as inspiration, he has no heart), and more eyes.

No I call a spade a spade he has had some bad games and some good games, but to throw the book at the guy after 4 weeks off against a good pass defense (yes they are top 10 pass defense and embarrased Geno as well) is just as irrational as stating he is the franchise.

Give the guy 20 starts and lets judge week to week to see if there is improvement.

The steeler game was a definite regression from the cleveland game.

GvilleBills
11-13-2013, 06:06 PM
No I call a spade a spade he has had some bad games and some good games, but to throw the book at the guy after 4 weeks off against a good pass defense (yes they are top 10 pass defense and embarrased Geno as well) is just as irrational as stating he is the franchise.

Give the guy 20 starts and lets judge week to week to see if there is improvement.

The steeler game was a definite regression from the cleveland game.
If you indeed called a spade a spade, this thread doesn't exist. His shortcomings are the same from his first starts in college. He has shown no ability to improve in college.
He is regressing as a pro. When you have no heart, and speed through progressions to your dump off to avoid contact, the defenses in the NFL can smell ***** from a mile away.
He's so paralyzed, he can't even spin a football like he used to. He tries to place the ball instead looking like he is shot putting a paper airplane.
If he can't grow a set, we spent a first rounder on Trent Edwards.
You don't make a living as a QB in the League from your back foot.

GvilleBills
11-13-2013, 06:09 PM
5 games in, and you can count his "wow" throws with your shoes still on.

ICRockets
11-13-2013, 11:57 PM
Everybody agreed going into the draft that Geno Smith was more NFL-ready. The thing EJ Manuel fans saw was that he has more potential. That may be untrue, but arguing from incredulity is not a valid argument. I don't mind if you don't see it. But some of us do. Have faith.

better days
11-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Everybody agreed going into the draft that Geno Smith was more NFL-ready. The thing EJ Manuel fans saw was that he has more potential. That may be untrue, but arguing from incredulity is not a valid argument. I don't mind if you don't see it. But some of us do. Have faith.

I have faith in the Bills front office that drafted EJ, they saw something in him.

EJ is a BIG guy & has the measurables. Geno looked TERRIBLE in the pinstripe bowl. I don't think he is going to look too good on Sunday in Buffalo.

Ingtar33
11-14-2013, 11:06 AM
I have faith in the Bills front office that drafted EJ, they saw something in him.

EJ is a BIG guy & has the measurables. Geno looked TERRIBLE in the pinstripe bowl. I don't think he is going to look too good on Sunday in Buffalo.

what has the bills front office done in the last 15 years that gives you confidence that they know what they're doing? When i read stuff like this i am constantly amazed. This FO has pretty much shot all it's credibility. They need to have a stretch of success on the field before i'm willing to give them the benifit of the doubt over anything.

(and don't quote random draft successes... team success it the ultimate judge of a competent FO, as it demonstrates the total drafting and FA acumen of the regime... ours is not competent. Hitting on a few draft picks means nothing if they all leave after 4 years in town, and it means nothing if it doesn't translate into wins on the field, as they must be missing significantly on other picks to balance out the good)

BertSquirtgum
11-14-2013, 11:13 AM
The front office argument should be out the window by now. It's a different front office.

DesertFox24
11-14-2013, 11:20 AM
You cannot blame the failuers of previous regims on this current bills staff (coaches/front office).

That being said we just need to be patient and accept the playoffs were not happening this year and we ALL knew that going in. The main thing we wanted to see is if EJ can be the man. He has not shown that yet, but hopefully he will these last 7 games. Anyone else that thought otherwise is a fool.

If EJ was a sure fire HOF he would have been a chief not a bill, just remember there are plenty of other QBs in the league that did not go top 10 that are very good.

Skooby
11-14-2013, 11:30 AM
I'd like to see more consistent play from EJ, each series is like a soap opera & you don't know what's coming. Hot & cold is one way to describe it but it's more like night & day, the QB on the last drive was a different guy then we had seen all Sunday.

Ingtar33
11-14-2013, 02:31 PM
The front office argument should be out the window by now. It's a different front office.

with the same scouts... personnel... Whaley, Brandon... both here last year... Brandon for the whole run of craptitude... what's changed other then the coaching staff and Nix retiring?

nothing.

lets not give this front office yet another 3 year pass when it's functionally the SAME front office that was here the previous 3 years just because Nix retired and we got a new coach.

better days
11-14-2013, 02:34 PM
what has the bills front office done in the last 15 years that gives you confidence that they know what they're doing? When i read stuff like this i am constantly amazed. This FO has pretty much shot all it's credibility. They need to have a stretch of success on the field before i'm willing to give them the benifit of the doubt over anything.

(and don't quote random draft successes... team success it the ultimate judge of a competent FO, as it demonstrates the total drafting and FA acumen of the regime... ours is not competent. Hitting on a few draft picks means nothing if they all leave after 4 years in town, and it means nothing if it doesn't translate into wins on the field, as they must be missing significantly on other picks to balance out the good)

I am constantly amazed that people bring up the past 15 years as if this front office had ANYTHING to do with that.

NEWS FLASH people, this Bills front office was not in power 15 years ago.

Thurmal
11-14-2013, 02:36 PM
He had that great TD throw to Johnson in the Pats game and...that great TD throw to Johnson in the Pats game. That was his one above-average play this year.

better days
11-14-2013, 02:43 PM
with the same scouts... personnel... Whaley, Brandon... both here last year... Brandon for the whole run of craptitude... what's changed other then the coaching staff and Nix retiring?

nothing.

lets not give this front office yet another 3 year pass when it's functionally the SAME front office that was here the previous 3 years just because Nix retired and we got a new coach.

TOTAL BS. Nix TOTALLY revamped the Bills scouting dept while he was GM. And in spite of what the Haters think, the Bills front office has been MUCH better since Nix was hired & Whaley seems to be a good successor to Nix.

And the Bills are being credited with having a GOOD draft last year.

GvilleBills
11-14-2013, 02:46 PM
I'd like to see more consistent play from EJ, each series is like a soap opera & you don't know what's coming. Hot & cold is one way to describe it but it's more like night & day, the QB on the last drive was a different guy then we had seen all Sunday.
It was a different defense than we'd seen all day. EJ should wear the red non contact jersey under his uniform to help his confidence.

BertSquirtgum
11-14-2013, 04:08 PM

nothing.

You say the same scouts, last 15 years and then say the front office's fault but I know that Buddy Nix brought all of his own scouts. So your post is not very truthful.

Ingtar33
11-16-2013, 12:47 PM
You say the same scouts, last 15 years and then say the front office's fault but I know that Buddy Nix brought all of his own scouts. So your post is not very truthful.

i never said same scouts last 15 years... i said same scouts. you added the 15 years part. I said same scouts as were here under nix. You know, the same scouting department that has us under .500 every single year nix has been here?

Nothing changed of importance with this new regime. it's the same old same old. so why give them a pass?

Don't Panic
11-16-2013, 01:01 PM
The bottom line is that anyone who has already dismissed EJ Manuel as having any chance of being a successful QB in this league holds no credibility, let alone hope, to me. Therefore, we need to not be so quick to judge singular bad performances and give this thing the time it needs to be successful. If its 16 games from now and there is no growth? Well then you have an argument.

better days
11-16-2013, 01:30 PM
i never said same scouts last 15 years... i said same scouts. you added the 15 years part. I said same scouts as were here under nix. You know, the same scouting department that has us under .500 every single year nix has been here?

Nothing changed of importance with this new regime. it's the same old same old. so why give them a pass?

As I said, the Bills are being credited by the "experts" with having had a GOOD draft this year. So you are WRONG to denigrate them.

Mr. Pink
11-16-2013, 01:40 PM
As I said, the Bills are being credited by the "experts" with having had a GOOD draft this year. So you are WRONG to denigrate them.

Which "experts"??

Mel Kiper said they had the worst draft in the entire NFL.

better days
11-16-2013, 01:53 PM
Which "experts"??

Mel Kiper said they had the worst draft in the entire NFL.

When did he say that? On Draft day no doubt.

Now that some time has passed, the Bills are being given MUCH MORE credit for a good draft than they were given on draft day.

Todd McShay also gave the Bills a low grade on draft day, but now gives them a much better grade.

Todd McShay: "If EJ Manuel hadn't gotten hurt and was able to lead the Bills to a couple more wins, Buffalo could EASILY have the top rated rookie class. But Bills fans still have to be pleased with the results."

YardRat
11-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Hackett is struggling more than Manuel.

better days
11-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Hackett is struggling more than Manuel.

That is my opinion as well.

Tiburon1724
11-16-2013, 04:43 PM
May as well say 3-8.

Mr. Pink
11-16-2013, 04:43 PM
I think that Manuel is holding back Hackett just based on what the offense has looked like when anyone but EJ has behind center.

better days
11-16-2013, 05:52 PM
I think that Manuel is holding back Hackett just based on what the offense has looked like when anyone but EJ has behind center.

Manuel did not have Chandler sitting on the bench when the Bills were in the red zone, that was all Hackett.

chris66
11-16-2013, 06:14 PM
TOTAL BS. Nix TOTALLY revamped the Bills scouting dept while he was GM. And in spite of what the Haters think, the Bills front office has been MUCH better since Nix was hired & Whaley seems to be a good successor to Nix.

And the Bills are being credited with having a GOOD draft last year.19-39 thats nix's record. god awful

better days
11-16-2013, 08:03 PM
19-39 thats nix's record. god awful

Agreed, BUT the team was in shambles when Nix was hired.

He left the team in far better shape than he found it when he was hired.

Yasgur's Farm
11-17-2013, 09:21 AM
"Anyone but EJ behind center"? Let's just examine that statement a bit...
When Manuel starts with Hacket as OC... Bills have scored 20 or more points 5 of 6 games... 83%
When another QB starts... It's 2 of 4 games... 50%

Fletch
11-17-2013, 09:34 AM

Unfortunately it's a 4-quarter game. When he "makes some good throws" for 4 quarters, give us a little nudge. Right now about 20 minutes seems to be the most that he can string together, usually not even that.

SpikedLemonade
11-17-2013, 10:32 AM
Agreed, BUT the team was in shambles when Nix was hired.

He left the team in far better shape than he found it when he was hired.

Says his relative.

The Popcorn
11-17-2013, 11:07 AM
I heard on the radio that the Bills still have 1.3% to make the playoffs. There is still hope.