PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Draft

DesertFox24
11-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Am I crazy for wanting us to draft Ra'Shead Hageman from Minnesota.

I believe we will be picking 8 - 14 range and he should be available.

I am not really a fan of draft a first round WR, and I just dont think our OT situation is bad enough on the right side to draft one in the first round. I do want us to draft one OT and a OG for sure. As well as bring in a veteran guard for a total of minimum 3 OL after season.

DL really concerns me because of Branch and Carrington contract situations and Kyle Williams getting older.

I think Mario, and Hughes are ok for at least another year but we need to address DL before our strength becomes a weakness.

Now if Branch and Carrington are both resigned then DL in first might drop. However, I still want them to get a penetrating 3 technique to spell Kyle williams this can come from draft or FA.

I will say thought that this is the first year that I can honestly say we do not have a clear deficincy that needs to be addressed early and often again depending on what we lose after season. I think we could use two new starters but the core starters at every level on Off and Def are fairly solid

Dareus/Williams/Williams
Lawson/Kiko
Gilmore/McKelvin/Robey
Williams/Bryd

EJ
Spiller/Jackson
Glenn/(Pears/Hairston are servicable could be replaced via vet)
Urbik
Wood
Johnson/Woods

Need TE, LG for sure

RT, S, LB maybe

OL,DL, RB, CB depth

paladin warrior
11-13-2013, 05:16 PM
what about OG ?

DesertFox24
11-13-2013, 05:26 PM
what about OG ?

Not a big fan of OG in the first round, but also no Warmack or John Cooper this year.

Best guards will come off end of round 1 to mid round 2

Night Train
11-13-2013, 06:08 PM
C.J. Mosley of Alabama to play MLB with Kiko being kicked outside. Then a massive clogger next to Dareus inside. We need to stop the run first.

X-Era
11-13-2013, 06:59 PM
C.J. Mosley of Alabama to play MLB with Kiko being kicked outside. Then a massive clogger next to Dareus inside. We need to stop the run first.So, I don't think it's Pettines style. I think he wants quick, mobile playmakers at all LB spots. He could have easily moved Bradham to MLB and started Kiko outside. I think he wants playmakers across the board at LB.

I agree though that I want another playmaking LB I just want it at OLB.

ParanoidAndroid
11-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Not sure why you would want to move Kiko from the position that he took and ran with from his first NFL game. Draft an OLB. There are plenty of them every year.

Mace
11-13-2013, 09:16 PM
I'm still hoping Mack from UB slips down

Don't rule out Mosley for speed, he is clocked 4.65, Mack is 4.64 at OLB, Alonso was 4.7...it's how Pettine uses the parts that matters. Pettine always talks about using parts and you might see them shift style slightly for pieces. Bradham was 4.64 at OLB.

Not a guard this year 1st, though. It's nearly a universal thought, no one wants guards in the first and good chance they'll have a decent prospect later.

TigerJ
11-13-2013, 09:58 PM
what about OG ?There probably will be no guard worth taking in the top half of round one. The option that draft pundits have been trying to shove down Buffalo's throats is drafting a tackle and moving Cordy Glenn inside. That would probably make your line better, but so would drafting a good guard in the second round and leaving Cordy Glenn where he is. It's also feasible for Buffalo to draft an offensive tackle to replace Erik Pears on the right side. Pears has done a pretty good job for the Bills, but people in the know say he is limited athletically, and the Bills could be more effective on offense if they upgrade their athleticism on the line. Glenn and Wood are the only two offensive linemen who are considered to be pretty athletic. Legursky, Urbik and Pears are not.

TigerJ
11-13-2013, 10:02 PM
C.J. Mosley of Alabama to play MLB with Kiko being kicked outside. Then a massive clogger next to Dareus inside. We need to stop the run first.Definitely a possibility. I was listening to ESPN radio today talking about Mosley. He doesn't need much coaching at all because he knows what to do and how to do it. He's not a real big player, but he is athletic and has excellent range. Like others, I don't think that necessarily means Kiko gets kicked outside. It does give Pettine flexibility to move guys around because both Mosley and Alonso can play just about any linebacking spot.