PDA

View Full Version : Neil Smith leading candidate to fill Sabres GM spot...LaFontaine knows him very well?

DetDannyWilliams
11-13-2013, 06:01 PM
every time Regier's name came up in rumors to replace him Smith's name had come up as the next GM of the Sabres! Smith has got an impressive resume he made a blockbuster trade as he traded for Messier from Edmonton in 1991, won the cup with the 1994 NYR, he was GM for the Islanders just for a couple of weeks until the Islanders owner relieved him with Garth Snow. LaFontaine then Senior Advisor to the Islanders owner then resigned in protest a few days later.

clumping platelets
11-13-2013, 06:27 PM
:down:

Rick Dudley :up:

black N yellow
11-13-2013, 06:35 PM
Neil Smith had success in a time before the salary cap. Regardless if this is rumor or simply suggestion, no thanks.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-13-2013, 06:39 PM
What about someone like Mark Messier?

coastal
11-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Mark Messier is in the midst of a huge project in the Bronx...

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1511703

Downinfloflo
11-13-2013, 07:06 PM
Mark Messier is in the midst of a huge project in the Bronx...

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1511703

He's also working with Edmonton.

WagonCircler
11-13-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm still reveling in the selection of "NOT DARCY"

Mace
11-13-2013, 08:43 PM
I'm still reveling in the selection of "NOT DARCY"

Contrary to my current avoidance of sports because it stresses me, because I'm not avoiding sports, though it stresses me but I can't help myself pitiful wretch that I am, I will settle for Duds, Luce, Craig Ramsay, Jim Schoenfeld, Pittsburgh guy Botteril because he's technically a Sabres Alumnus having played 35 games here though I don't remember him, Ron Hextall because he played against us and annoyed me, Matt Millen fired from the Detroit Lions, Lana Del Rey the singer, Simon Cowell, Rich Newburg, Cleo Lemon the former QB of Miami, or Tom Thumb the character of english folklore (no job was too big for him), because any and all of everyone who is not Darcy Regier will make me happy through the holidays.

JATMtheJATM
11-13-2013, 10:26 PM

i think itll be dudley, but i saw a sabres beat writer tweet out today that messier is in the mix. who knows how true that is.

clumping platelets
11-13-2013, 10:46 PM
Contrary to my current avoidance of sports because it stresses me, because I'm not avoiding sports, though it stresses me but I can't help myself pitiful wretch that I am, I will settle for Duds, Luce, Craig Ramsay, Jim Schoenfeld, Pittsburgh guy Botteril because he's technically a Sabres Alumnus having played 35 games here though I don't remember him, Ron Hextall because he played against us and annoyed me, Matt Millen fired from the Detroit Lions, Lana Del Rey the singer, Simon Cowell, Rich Newburg, Cleo Lemon the former QB of Miami, or Tom Thumb the character of english folklore (no job was too big for him), because any and all of everyone who is not Darcy Regier will make me happy through the holidays.

Forgot Ray Lucas :up:

Dude
11-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Just because there were rumors from unnamed sources about Neil Smith becoming GM, that does not make him the leading candidate.

Skooby
11-14-2013, 07:48 AM
Just because there were rumors from unnamed sources about Neil Smith becoming GM, that does not make him the leading candidate.

Bingo.

sukie
11-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Iron Mike Keenan... Comon... Do it!!!! That way we would see more of both Miller AND Enroth...