PDA

View Full Version : Flynn back with Green Bay

Skooby
11-13-2013, 10:17 PM
He's their back-up now, he's so happy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/13/matt-flynn-i-never-thought-id-be-back-in-green-bay/

jimmifli
11-13-2013, 10:53 PM
If he has a few good games I wonder if Green Bay could trade him again?

Skooby
11-13-2013, 11:16 PM
If he has a few good games I wonder if Green Bay could trade him again?

We might buy again.

feldspar
11-14-2013, 01:08 AM
The Packers are 6.5 underdogs against the Giants this week, at least that's where the line started. I think it's down to like 5-points now.

But this is how important QB is, kids. Funny thing about the Packers is that, before this year, they've had only THREE starting quarterbacks over the previous TWENTY-YEAR span...Matt Flynn was one of the three, and he only started two games. That means the Bills started as many QBs in a half-season this year than the Packers did for 20 years. Amazing what stability at QB can do for a team.

OLDSRIP
11-14-2013, 06:55 AM
That is an amazing stat.
definately show the importance of a stable qb situation.

better days
11-14-2013, 07:42 AM
We might buy again.

We never bought.

The Bills never traded for him.

Skooby
11-14-2013, 07:53 AM
We never bought.

Did we give him checks ?

Skooby
11-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Crickets....

JohnnyGold
11-15-2013, 03:12 PM
The Packers are 6.5 underdogs against the Giants this week, at least that's where the line started. I think it's down to like 5-points now.

But this is how important QB is, kids. Funny thing about the Packers is that, before this year, they've had only THREE starting quarterbacks over the previous TWENTY-YEAR span...Matt Flynn was one of the three, and he only started two games. That means the Bills started as many QBs in a half-season this year than the Packers did for 20 years. Amazing what stability at QB can do for a team.

this should be the new bills logo.

hyperbole aside, this is quite possibly the most interesting stat i've ever read in my life of following professional sports.

no idea if it's true or not, but amazing none the less lol

feldspar
11-15-2013, 04:44 PM
this should be the new bills logo.

hyperbole aside, this is quite possibly the most interesting stat i've ever read in my life of following professional sports.

no idea if it's true or not, but amazing none the less lol

It's absolutely true.

Brett Favre alone played 15 consecutive entire seasons without missing a game. Then, before this year, Aaron Rogers played 5 whole seasons, missing one game in 2010 and one game in 2011...Matt Flynn played both those games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Green_Bay_Packers_starting_quarterbacks

BillsFever21
11-15-2013, 07:41 PM
That's what happens when a team does a good job of scouting and developing their QB's. Their run wasn't entirely by accident. If the Bills were better at developing QB's then we wouldn't have the revolving door at the QB spot for the past decade along with teams like the Raiders, Browns, Vikings, etc.

They were fortunate to have an iron man QB in Farve who just never missed a game period. They also had the foresight to draft Rodgers though and develop him several years before they had Favre leave town. They didn't wait until the last minute and they did a good job of grooming Rodgers so when the time came he was ready to step in and roll without missing a beat.

It's also not just with them guys. Many good/decent QB's have came out of Green Bay during the years. Guys like Mark Brunell and Matt Hasselbeck went on to have good careers. They even had Kurt Warner on their team for a short period of time. They hire good scouts, coaches and front office personnel that can find and develop QB's just about better then anybody. Unlike the Bills who haven't developed a legit QB in years. Even Kelly spent his first couple seasons in the USFL and wasn't originally groomed by Buffalo.

Thurmal
11-15-2013, 08:00 PM
The Packers were rewarded big-time by the ballsy moves to draft Rodgers when Favre was still playing well (they didn't care if it pissed him off, and it did, judging by the icy relationship between the two), and by naming Rodgers the starter when Favre was pulling the "Will I, Wont I" retirement routine.

BillsFever21
11-15-2013, 08:56 PM
The Packers were rewarded big-time by the ballsy moves to draft Rodgers when Favre was still playing well (they didn't care if it pissed him off, and it did, judging by the icy relationship between the two), and by naming Rodgers the starter when Favre was pulling the "Will I, Wont I" retirement routine.

They sure were and it was the smart move at the time. I called for them drafting a QB early like they did and everyone told me I was crazy because they had Farve. When Rodgers was still on the board I said and knew they would probably take him because of Farve's age.

Many people called it stupid and a wasted draft pick when Farve was still playing good football. My stance was that it was smart to prepare ahead of time when a QB that could've gone #1 overall fell into your lap that late in the 1st round. You're better off being ready for the transition then waiting until your QB is done with and then scrambling to try and find/groom his replacement. Had the Bills done that while we still had Kelly then maybe we wouldn't had wasted all of them draft picks on guys like Collins, RJ, Bledsoe and Losman trying to find his replacement. We could've already had one groomed and ready to take over when Kelly's time was up.

feldspar
11-15-2013, 09:26 PM
I think Aaron Rodgers is better than Brett Favre ever was.

Skooby
11-15-2013, 10:37 PM
Crickets, Better Days you there ??

better days
11-16-2013, 08:17 AM
Did we give him checks ?

Not sure. Was he a Bill for even one game?

At worst we RENTED him, we did not buy.

better days
11-16-2013, 08:19 AM
I think Aaron Rodgers is better than Brett Favre ever was.

Well, I'm sure you are not alone in thinking that, but I think Favre was more fun to watch play.

Skooby
11-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Not sure. Was he a Bill for even one game?

At worst we RENTED him, we did not buy.

Rented, LOL. Ok, I'll settle for renting.

Albany,n.y.
11-19-2013, 08:50 AM
That's what happens when a team does a good job of scouting and developing their QB's. Their run wasn't entirely by accident. If the Bills were better at developing QB's then we wouldn't have the revolving door at the QB spot for the past decade along with teams like the Raiders, Browns, Vikings, etc.

They were fortunate to have an iron man QB in Farve who just never missed a game period. They also had the foresight to draft Rodgers though and develop him several years before they had Favre leave town. They didn't wait until the last minute and they did a good job of grooming Rodgers so when the time came he was ready to step in and roll without missing a beat.

It's also not just with them guys. Many good/decent QB's have came out of Green Bay during the years. Guys like Mark Brunell and Matt Hasselbeck went on to have good careers. They even had Kurt Warner on their team for a short period of time. They hire good scouts, coaches and front office personnel that can find and develop QB's just about better then anybody. Unlike the Bills who haven't developed a legit QB in years. Even Kelly spent his first couple seasons in the USFL and wasn't originally groomed by Buffalo.

I believe that GB had the greatest group of QBs in camp in the history of the NFL the year Warner came out of college. They had 2 future Hall of Famers in Favre & Warner (who was too raw to make the team), a 3 time Pro Bowler in Brunell & Detmer, a former Heisman winner who while a career backup, played over a decade in the NFL. I can't think of any other team that had 4 QBs in camp with the credentials or the longevity of this group.

Skooby
11-19-2013, 09:12 AM
I believe that GB had the greatest group of QBs in camp in the history of the NFL the year Warner came out of college. They had 2 future Hall of Famers in Favre & Warner (who was too raw to make the team), a 3 time Pro Bowler in Brunell & Detmer, a former Heisman winner who while a career backup, played over a decade in the NFL. I can't think of any other team that had 4 QBs in camp with the credentials or the longevity of this group.

Can we hire their QB scout ?