View Full Version : Stevie Johnson out this Sunday

nyballa561
11-15-2013, 11:34 AM
Damn, this doesn't help EJ. This game's on the defense

Buffalo Bills @buffalobills

#Bills WR Stevie Johnson is OUT and will not play Sunday against the Jets

OpIv37
11-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Pretty much every game so far this year has been on the D.

I must admit that the D is playing better than I thought they would, and it's vastly better than it was last year. But they still aren't good enough to win games on their own (and they shouldn't have to be).

This one will be ugly.

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2013, 11:47 AM
We need a #1 who isn't hurt for 2/3 of the year. Every year.

Skooby
11-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Stevie will never be a #1 WR anywhere but in Buffalo.

IAG
11-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Stevie is frustrating.

TacklingDummy
11-15-2013, 12:10 PM
More excuses for EJs next poor performance.

Mr. Pink
11-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Even though Stevie has been injured in the past, he's played through it.

This is a "ow I'm hurt because my QB is a bum" injury.

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Well him being out of the game certainly isn't going to help EJ get better. If he even can get better, which I do believe he can.

better days
11-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Stevie is out? Should be no big deal.

I have been told he is no better than a #3 receiver.

As a #3 receiver, Stevie should be EASILY replaced just as Levitre was easily replaced as a LG.

bf1
11-15-2013, 12:54 PM
We need a #1 who isn't hurt for 2/3 of the year. Every year.

We need a legit #1 to being with.

Dr. Lecter
11-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Even though Stevie has been injured in the past, he's played through it.

This is a "ow I'm hurt because my QB is a bum" injury.

Right.

because his previous QBs were so awesome

justasportsfan
11-15-2013, 01:07 PM
No excuses for EJ as far as I'm concerned. The jets' weakest link on their D are their db's. Hopefully he pulls the trigger unlike when he played the panthers who were playing their 3rd and 4th string cbs.

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Johnson is a waste of talent.

Thurmal
11-15-2013, 01:49 PM
They never throw to him anyway. Why would they when there are 2-yard slants to throw to TJ Graham on 3rd and 6?

BuffRanger
11-15-2013, 01:54 PM
How could he be hurt? He didn't even do anything last game.

justasportsfan
11-15-2013, 02:09 PM
How could he be hurt? He didn't even do anything last game.

not true. Our receivers run a lot of routes when EJ is there.

Novacane
11-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Stevie will never be a #1 WR anywhere but in Buffalo.

I don't necessarily disagree with you but I'd like to see him play with a legit QB before I decide that for certain.

TrEd FTW
11-15-2013, 02:45 PM
No excuses for EJ as far as I'm concerned.

Of course there's an excuse when your top two receivers are out. Now he's gotta throw to Graham, Goodwin and Hogan against a Ryan-coached defense. Good luck with that.

For the most part, Manuel has looked like crap this year. I haven't made any excuses for him all year until now. He's in an impossible situation this week.

justasportsfan
11-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Of course there's an excuse when your top two receivers are out. Now he's gotta throw to Graham, Goodwin and Hogan against a Ryan-coached defense. Good luck with that.

For the most part, Manuel has looked like crap this year. I haven't made any excuses for him all year until now. He's in an impossible situation this week. what I meant is no reason for him NOT to pull the trigger or be inaccurate. Whether Goodwin or Graham are able to pull it down is another thing.

EJ found Goodwin vs. Bengals but so did Tuel and THad. Thad doesn't seem to care who's in there. Just like Fitz.

HAMMER
11-15-2013, 03:01 PM
This guy jacks his groin up making coffee. I would look for SJ to be waived next spring, no way you can justify his large salary when he is ALWAYS injured.

DBrown77
11-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Will we finally see Easley as a WR?

Crisis
11-15-2013, 04:52 PM
He's perpetually hurt but it's actually rare for him to miss a game. Stevie needs to do a better job staying in shape in the off season or something.

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2013, 05:03 PM
He's perpetually hurt but it's actually rare for him to miss a game. Stevie needs to do a better job staying in shape in the off season or something.

I don't care how many games he hasn't missed. How many games has he gone out hurt in the middle of the game when the team needs him most? He is always ****ing injured. The only missed 2 games argument is bull****. The stats don't tell the whole truth.

HAMMER
11-15-2013, 05:12 PM
He is not an elite receiver even at 100%, it seems he is perpetually less than 100%, time to move on.

better days
11-15-2013, 05:23 PM
He is not an elite receiver even at 100%, it seems he is perpetually less than 100%, time to move on.

What is up with the ELITE receiver BS by so many people?

Stevie is NOT being paid like one of the BEST receivers in the NFL.

He is NOT overpaid. He is a GOOD receiver making good money.

As Rex said about EJ.......................go ahead & cut him & see what happens.

BillsFever21
11-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Stevie is more of a fit as a #2 WR. He can be a #1 on a mediocre team(like us) or with a team loaded with about his same level of talent or close to it. In an ideal world everyone could have a Megatron, AJ Green or Brandon Marshall type of receiver but that's not possible.

His chronic injuries hurt this team though. Now with Woods also out of the game it's going to be a long day throwing to Graham and Goodwin as your top two guys. It wouldn't be easy to begin with but now it's even worse.

HAMMER
11-15-2013, 06:12 PM
What is up with the ELITE receiver BS by so many people?

Stevie is NOT being paid like one of the BEST receivers in the NFL.

He is NOT overpaid. He is a GOOD receiver making good money.

As Rex said about EJ.......................go ahead & cut him & see what happens.

I just looked at the league wide WR salaries, you are correct, he is not overpaid considering his past production. However he can't stay on the field, not sure why his groin is always poppin but it needs to change or he needs to go. Can't help us on the bench or less than full go.

BillsFever21
11-15-2013, 07:20 PM
His average salary is right around Top 15 or so where it belongs. I remember when his contract was up there were many people overvaluing him and said he was worth 10 million a year and was a Top 10 WR. Nothing we're not used to around here.

If he can't get over his nagging injuries then we'll have to eventually cut ties with him. No way we should get rid of him for next season but if he continues to miss time in almost every game, playing at well less then 100% and/or missing games then it comes a time when it's doing more harm then good if we're not replacing his production with somebody else because of his salary.

better days
11-16-2013, 08:08 AM
His average salary is right around Top 15 or so where it belongs. I remember when his contract was up there were many people overvaluing him and said he was worth 10 million a year and was a Top 10 WR. Nothing we're not used to around here.

If he can't get over his nagging injuries then we'll have to eventually cut ties with him. No way we should get rid of him for next season but if he continues to miss time in almost every game, playing at well less then 100% and/or missing games then it comes a time when it's doing more harm then good if we're not replacing his production with somebody else because of his salary.

Well, hopefully the BYE WEEK, will give Stevie time to rest & heal as it did for Jets players this past week.

BertSquirtgum
11-16-2013, 01:01 PM
No, he will probably hurt himself putting dishes in the dishwasher.