PDA

View Full Version : Sabres-Leafs GDT

ckg927
11-15-2013, 05:37 PM
And to get the ball rolling, this should be playing on the sound system at some point tonight....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1IhEHQeKKE

coastal
11-15-2013, 05:45 PM
Go Leafs, Go!

ckg927
11-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Go Leafs, Go!

To quote Daniel Bryan from earlier this year....NO! NO! NO! STOP IT!

coastal
11-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Solid first period by Sabres.

they are taking care if their own zone better than ever. Leafs injuries or improved Sabres?

helmetguy
11-15-2013, 07:51 PM
Signs of life!

JATMtheJATM
11-15-2013, 08:09 PM
anyone got a feed?

SpikedLemonade
11-15-2013, 08:10 PM
2-1 lead in the 3rd period and Scott is on the ice?

JATMtheJATM
11-15-2013, 08:32 PM
wow! what an ending! listen to the crowd!

OpIv37
11-15-2013, 08:41 PM
The Internet is broken.

It says the Sabres won.

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Sabres showing signs of life now that there aren't idiots running the team. I told myself I wouldn't care about this team until Regier was gone. I am going to try to care again.

Mace
11-15-2013, 09:01 PM
You probably always get a coaching change bump.....but I watched my first full period of hockey, the 3rd period, since 2007.

Was upset way back, muckers and grinders, workers, changing my skating Sabres.....disliked Nolan, came to love him, his teams buzzed like hornets, skated besides.

The team buzzed like hornets, skated besides. Had a sense of "will not be denied". Big difference. I am happy, seems right. Won't last, I can live with it. Next game I watch 2 periods.

JATMtheJATM
11-15-2013, 09:06 PM
i hear myers was good too.

YankeeInRaleigh
11-15-2013, 09:16 PM
It's funny, Erhoff actually sucked most of the game until the last moment when he saved the day like freaking Superman.

coastal
11-15-2013, 09:22 PM
i hear myers was good too.
Myers sucked.

Meathead
11-15-2013, 09:25 PM
myers had two bad giveaways including one absolute classic pass from the corner right on to the tape of a leaf, thank god the leaf got cute and waited too long to try to cash in the gift

definite totally different energy tonite by the team. we will have to see if it lasts beyond the typical first new coach game but given its nolan i think they will do what his teams always do which is play hard. god knows this team needed that

JATMtheJATM
11-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Myers sucked.

thats not what im hearing from a ton of fans. im reading the exact opposite.

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Myers sucked.

Friends at the game said he had a couple of hiccups but played very well. Did you even watch the game?

coastal
11-15-2013, 10:09 PM
Friends at the game said he had a couple of hiccups but played very well. Did you even watch the game?
I watched the whole game, and I give a **** what the typical fan says.

JATMtheJATM
11-15-2013, 10:12 PM
SBA is not exactly a "typical fan"

but alas, im reading good things about his game.

JATMtheJATM
11-15-2013, 10:22 PM
myers had two bad giveaways including one absolute classic pass from the corner right on to the tape of a leaf, thank god the leaf got cute and waited too long to try to cash in the gift

definite totally different energy tonite by the team. we will have to see if it lasts beyond the typical first new coach game but given its nolan i think they will do what his teams always do which is play hard. god knows this team needed that

myers only had one give away credited to him.

Skooby
11-15-2013, 10:25 PM
I watched the game, can't say if it's Miller desire to be a world goalie or our desire to play hard for Nolan but the Sabres played it real hard. Ott was a beast and something clicked in Erhoff near the end that decided that his Nazi ass would determine this game. He gave the Leafs a few looks but he literally saved a goal & then decided to stick a fork in them, Hitler would be proud.

Mace
11-15-2013, 10:46 PM
I watched the game, can't say if it's Miller desire to be a world goalie or our desire to play hard for Nolan but the Sabres played it real hard. Ott was a beast and something clicked in Erhoff near the end that decided that his Nazi ass would determine this game. He gave the Leafs a few looks but he literally saved a goal & then decided to stick a fork in them, Hitler would be proud.

I was stunned to see anyone there when that happened, "whoa, that was a defensemen playing defense and covering the wide open side", then I was even more stunned it was Ehrhoff.

Skooby
11-15-2013, 11:28 PM
I was stunned to see anyone there when that happened, "whoa, that was a defensemen playing defense and covering the wide open side", then I was even more stunned it was Ehrhoff.

If our team continues to play anywhere near this dedicated & Miller gets all wet, we're assured to miss the playoffs by only 7 points.

All kidding aside, our team looks like a bunch of kids trying to out-do the NHL. I'm not sure if Nolan basically said I'm here because we're bad or your here because we can get better, I think it's the latter but the reality is perception can be reality. We haven't had this clean a win all season & the refs tried to put the Leafs in a spot to tie. Miller had none of that & looked like a focused goalie, so I'll go with his desire to be in the Olympics. Whatever makes us better is good, Miller is a robot that must let his wife go. She's a actress which makes her basically a tool for the next guy to exploit. Tough gal to deal with but she's probably told him whatever I do to get a part is part of the game. The Corey boys (Haim / Feldman) swallowed more than their fair share & always had a hand in the game, she knows the score as well as a goalie .

JATMtheJATM
11-15-2013, 11:56 PM
what the **** are you even talking about? how on earth does millers wife factor in tonights game?

millers not the only married professional hockey player. jesus...

Skooby
11-16-2013, 12:12 AM
what the **** are you even talking about? how on earth does millers wife factor in tonights game?

millers not the only married professional hockey player. jesus...

He's the biggest head case we have past Tyler, when he's on we can win if we score.

Skooby
11-16-2013, 12:26 AM
Just for the record, all actors are messed up in the head. They bend over for anything to get the parts until they're discovered or need the next big part. History determines who gets the parts & depending on who turned the part down or what they did to get it, it's all up in the air. I've dealt with the famous before & the not so famous, the line is really thin. It's determined by actions on their behalf & who they have befriended, it works in the industry I'm in as well. If you get a blessing for being the one, you get all the big breaks & concessions.

I know this may seem complex but after dealing with some of the wealthiest, they don't take names or guess. They determine everyone in minutes, literally seconds. The older they are, the more they forgive but trust me the judge quick. Call it weird or odd but it is what it is, I deal with it everyday.

JATMtheJATM
11-16-2013, 01:07 AM
He's the biggest head case we have past Tyler, when he's on we can win if we score.

hes a goalie, of course hes a head case. goalies are different animals.

coastal
11-16-2013, 05:50 AM
SBA is not exactly a "typical fan"

but alas, im reading good things about his game.
Alas?

are you ****ing kidding me? I get everyone wants Myers to become the next Zdano Chara story. Dude has a five cent head and plays like it.

coastal
11-16-2013, 06:15 AM
And just to be objective here...

per jimmi's link in another thread, I went to last nights game log stats.

pysyk had a FF% of 47.6%
myers had a FF% of sucks

thanks.

rbochan
11-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Is this the first game of the season where the Sabres goalie HASN'T faced 40+ SOG?

JATMtheJATM
11-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Alas?

are you ****ing kidding me? I get everyone wants Myers to become the next Zdano Chara story. Dude has a five cent head and plays like it.

dude. your the only one out of countless fans saying he had a bad game. im inclined to believe what the majority of fans who watch the game say.

JATMtheJATM
11-16-2013, 11:00 AM
And just to be objective here...

per jimmi's link in another thread, I went to last nights game log stats.

pysyk had a FF% of 47.6%
myers had a FF% of sucks

thanks.?

so you are going to cherrypick stats?

yeah, i looked at the game log on that site too. almost every "advanced stat" had myers having an above average game last night.

and fenwick doesnt count blocked shots. and myers was tied for the team lead in blocked shots.

and his corsi for was third among d-men, and a positive, where as tallinder, mcbain, and risto were minus.

so, it looks like advanced stats show myers had a fine game.

JATMtheJATM
11-16-2013, 11:12 AM
leafs trade for peter holland. first round pick in 09. he has good numbers at the AHL level, and some NHL experience.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=7445#career

i dont know much about him outside of this. 6-2, left handed shot. center. still young.

will play tonight.

Downinfloflo
11-16-2013, 11:24 AM
dude. your the only one out of countless fans saying he had a bad game. im inclined to believe what the majority of fans who watch the game say.

No he's not, You have a man crush on Myers and have had one since his rookie season.It pains you to your core to think that Myers is nothing more than your average defense men who get's paid like a star.

JATMtheJATM
11-16-2013, 11:35 AM
No he's not, You have a man crush on Myers and have had one since his rookie season.It pains you to your core to think that Myers is nothing more than your average defense men who get's paid like a star.

i wont disagree with this (it doesnt pain me, i have nothing personally invested in myers outside the jersey he wears) but i make no secret i think highly of his skills and have lofty expectations that he return to the level of play he was at his rookie year. i do want him to be part of the core. who wouldnt? i do look for signs for improvement.

but heres the thing; it has been a common belief among many sabre fans that myers is playing better since his start (bad starts have been common for myers) and many say hes been good recently. many MANY sabre fans reported he had a very solid game last night. then coastal talks about advanced stats, and looking at those advanced stats show he even had a solid game last night. the third best dman on the sabres (if myers plays like a second pairing guy and the team wins, isnt that a positive step forward?)

so, you tell me, as i didnt get to watch the whole game. are all those fans wrong? was he terrible last night?

im not trying to hate on coastal, but you cant lean on one sabermetric statistic (one that didnt even show myers was bad) while the rest suggest he was above average.

Skooby
11-16-2013, 11:45 AM
Tyler played better last night but he is still playing below the level he can play, $.05 head is the most accurate way to describe it.

JATMtheJATM
11-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Tyler played better last night but he is still playing below the level he can play, $.05 head is the most accurate way to describe it.

i think the kids confidence was shot. and i think floflo would be 100% correct if i was the only one who thought myers had a solid game last night. but im not. i didnt even see much of the game, im only going by what scores of other fans think. so alot of people saw noticeable improvement. normally, id just concede the point, but the sabres had their best game of the year last night, fans are saying he had a solid game, stats are showing he had a solid game. im inclined to believe he had a solid game, ya know?

zad, larsson, and grigs are all scratches tonight, by the way. joe yerdon feels zad will be returned to london soon.

coastal
11-16-2013, 04:34 PM
?

so you are going to cherrypick stats?

yeah, i looked at the game log on that site too. almost every "advanced stat" had myers having an above average game last night.

and fenwick doesnt count blocked shots. and myers was tied for the team lead in blocked shots.

and his corsi for was third among d-men, and a positive, where as tallinder, mcbain, and risto were minus.

so, it looks like advanced stats show myers had a fine game.According to Corsi, Pysyk was at 47.8%, Myers was at 36%.

thats not cherry picking, and not to brag... but I trust my take on hockey more than the "majority of fans".

Myers plays like he has a five cent head. That's my take on him.

I'm sorry you disagree.

JATMtheJATM
11-17-2013, 02:28 PM
According to Corsi, Pysyk was at 47.8%, Myers was at 36%.

thats not cherry picking, and not to brag... but I trust my take on hockey more than the "majority of fans".

Myers plays like he has a five cent head. That's my take on him.

I'm sorry you disagree.

no ones comparing pysyk to myers except you. pysyks playing better. no ones disagreeing with that. but that doesnt mean myers is playing that poorly, just compared to a player who is playing excellent.

coastal
11-17-2013, 02:53 PM
no ones comparing pysyk to myers except you. pysyks playing better. no ones disagreeing with that. but that doesnt mean myers is playing that poorly, just compared to a player who is playing excellent.r u a potato?

JATMtheJATM
11-17-2013, 03:04 PM
r u a potato?

yes

coastal
11-17-2013, 07:50 PM
Clearly..

JATMtheJATM
11-17-2013, 08:24 PM
so, you went from "sorry we dont agree" to calling me a potato because i pointed out that while i feel myers has improved, he isnt as good as pysyk, who is playing exceptionally well?