PDA

View Full Version : hockeys future organization rankings: sabres number 2!

JATMtheJATM
11-16-2013, 12:26 PM
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/99267/team-rankings-deep-skilled-prospect-pool-puts-tampa-bay-lightning-in-top-spot/

they were number 8 before the fall rankings.

thats pretty awesome. obviously, with the sabres so bad, a good draft could lift their prospects ranking to number 1. if you are into that sorta thing.

OpIv37
11-16-2013, 06:28 PM
I wish they gave championship trophies based on potential. If they did, the. Bills and Sabres would both be the best teams in the history of pro sports.

Skooby
11-16-2013, 11:25 PM
I look at the standings, we're sitting on a huge pile right now so deal with it.

JATMtheJATM
11-17-2013, 02:29 PM
I wish they gave championship trophies based on potential. If they did, the. Bills and Sabres would both be the best teams in the history of pro sports.

well, when your a **** team, having potential is better then having nothing, right?

Downinfloflo
11-17-2013, 04:59 PM
well, when your a **** team, having potential is better then having nothing, right?

You sure you're not a Bills fan?

That's been the Buffalo Bills battle cry for the last 14 years...

JATMtheJATM
11-17-2013, 05:07 PM
You sure you're not a Bills fan?

That's been the Buffalo Bills battle cry for the last 14 years...

real football is played on saturday.

Downinfloflo
11-17-2013, 05:49 PM
real football is played on saturday.

Yep....Potato!

JATMtheJATM
11-17-2013, 05:54 PM
Yep....Potato!

what the hell is this potato business?

Ginger Vitis
11-18-2013, 03:42 PM
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/99267/team-rankings-deep-skilled-prospect-pool-puts-tampa-bay-lightning-in-top-spot/

they were number 8 before the fall rankings.

thats pretty awesome. obviously, with the sabres so bad, a good draft could lift their prospects ranking to number 1. if you are into that sorta thing.

Thanks for the link I like HockeyFuture very informative.. I thought it was interesting that they had Nashville 14th overall and said they have very few top 6 forward prospects in there system yet they took Seth Jones instead of say Elias Lindholm or Sean Monahan. I think regardless of there lack off forwards in there system they did the right thing in taking Seth Jones @4 he was great value there.. if the Sabres were to pick 2nd overall next year I think I would prefer they take defensemen Aaron Eckblad instead of some of the forwards they would have a choice of simply because Eckblad I think is the clear cut 2nd best prospect

JATMtheJATM
11-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the link I like HockeyFuture very informative.. I thought it was interesting that they had Nashville 14th overall and said they have very few top 6 forward prospects in there system yet they took Seth Jones instead of say Elias Lindholm or Sean Monahan. I think regardless of there lack off forwards in there system they did the right thing in taking Seth Jones @4 he was great value there.. if the Sabres were to pick 2nd overall next year I think I would prefer they take defensemen Aaron Eckblad instead of some of the forwards they would have a choice of simply because Eckblad I think is the clear cut 2nd best prospect

if the sabres get ekblad or reinhart, ill be so happy. both are going to be cornerstones to a franchises future, and the sabres have pieces to build with that cornerstone already in the organization. the 14 draft can not come soon enough.

WagonCircler
11-19-2013, 10:45 PM
Well, they certainly looked like "number two" tonight.

JATMtheJATM
11-20-2013, 06:20 AM
Well, they certainly looked like "number two" tonight.

yeah, but at least it wasnt with a bunch of kids who dont belong in the NHL yet.

Meathead
11-20-2013, 10:20 AM
the cool thing is that now if they massively overachieve and play .500 hockey theyll still be very high in the draft order

depending on how well the new regime does right away this might be the only chance at a top or near top pick. gotta make it count

kinda unfair to darcy actually, he tears it to the ground and puts some really nice foundation pieces in the ground, then gets fired so the next guys can come in for the relatively easy pickins. but darcy made his fatal mistake going with rolston. i thought ron was ready but it was obvious he wasnt. once that failed then darcy had to pay the price. funny thing is darcy and somebody else say nolan could have done it themselves but the ron failure was sort of darcys last straw

i will say this, if pegula crafted all this in advance, ie. letting darcy do the dirty work and then giving the clean slate to someone else so they could start a fresher feeling rebuild, then thats brilliant. or maybe he just lucked into it turning out that way. but i wouldnt put it past an old bidness guy, sometimes they are ruthless bastards that way

JATMtheJATM
11-20-2013, 10:26 PM
this draft is pretty weak after the first few picks. the sabres should get a shot a legit cornerstone to a degree within the first 3 picks.

Ginger Vitis
11-21-2013, 11:40 AM
this draft is pretty weak after the first few picks. the sabres should get a shot a legit cornerstone to a degree within the first 3 picks.

There doesnt seem to be a consensus among scouts and draft experts on who the 3rd best prospect is. A month ago it was Willie Nylander, now for some reason he is sliding a bit. The 3rd best player is either Sam Bennett,Willie Nylander, Michael Dall Colle, or Leon Draisaitl

To me it would be a bummer if the Sabres end up finishing dead last and end up with the 3rd overall pick

JATMtheJATM
11-21-2013, 11:49 AM
There doesnt seem to be a consensus among scouts and draft experts on who the 3rd best prospect is. A month ago it was Willie Nylander, now for some reason he is sliding a bit. The 3rd best player is either Sam Bennett,Willie Nylander, Michael Dall Colle, or Leon Draisaitl

To me it would be a bummer if the Sabres end up finishing dead last and end up with the 3rd overall pick

wouldnt happen. they would have at worst the second pick.

and midseason ratings always are liquid. they never stay.

this draft is weaker then most, but its not like after the first 5 picks, everyone else is a 4th liner or worse. top 6 talent, top 4 talent will still be out there. just gotta find it.

Ginger Vitis
11-21-2013, 02:14 PM
wouldnt happen. they would have at worst the second pick.

Thanks for the clarification you're correct. This link confirms you're right a team in the lottery cant move down more than one position as a result of the daft lottery http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=658503