PDA

View Full Version : Bills will still be relevant into December

Scumbag College
11-17-2013, 03:16 PM
I know that the Bills will need to win out and still probably get some help along the way, but for the next four games the Bills should be favorites to win. 5-6 would have been good, 6-5 and we would be in the driver's seat for the last Wildcard spot.

If you told me in August that the Bills would be playing relevant football come the first of December in Toronto I would have taken it.

Novacane
11-17-2013, 03:20 PM
They play four bad teams in a row. They need to win all of them.

BillsFever21
11-17-2013, 03:30 PM
It all depends on what you call relevant. Being 4-7 heading into that December games isn't anything to celebrate about. If that makes some people happy just because we're still on the bottom of the playoff screen and not mathematically eliminated after 11 games then they don't expect very much.

I'm thrilled with the victory today but the Bills came into today ranked 14th in the AFC. They are still two games in the loss column behind the Jets and they also need multiple teams to lose in front of them AND win out themselves.

chris66
11-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Bills have one home game the rest of the way. i dont see more than 2 wins. December is meaningless unless you're talking draft slot.

imbondz
11-17-2013, 03:43 PM
4-7 is never relevant. Fun game today. Great win. Still 4-7 tho.

Ed
11-17-2013, 03:45 PM
The Bills have about as a good of an opportunity as a 4-7 team can have. They've got a bye to get completely healthy and some extra prep time for a four game stretch of very winnable games. I don't have any expectations for playoffs, but I'm at least excited to see if this team can put together a little run in December.

SpikedLemonade
11-17-2013, 03:55 PM
The City of Buffalo will be relevant until 2020.

So what?

IlluminatusUIUC
11-17-2013, 10:05 PM
They play four bad teams in a row. They need to win all of them.

We need to win every single game period. For all intents and purposes, our playoffs started today.

BillsFever21
11-17-2013, 10:34 PM
What a bunch of mediocre teams in the AFC after you get through the divisional leaders and the Chiefs. This is the type of season where 9-7 might take the WC straight up without any tiebreakers.

If only the Bills had a couple more wins(preferably against the Browns and Steelers) they would be tied for the last WC spot with either the Dolphins or Jets coming out of their bye week with a bunch of weak teams ahead of them. Another wasted opportunity this year.

Lets hope the Dolphins win since that would increase our chances to 5% instead of 3% of winning the WC spot. At least with the Dolphins we already beat them once and also play them again. They have a tougher schedule the rest of the year too and are currently 0-2 in the division. Then just hope to win the rest of them along with a bunch of other teams losing along the way.

Had we won the Browns and Steelers game we at least would've had the tiebreaker over them and had been 6-5. Hell 8-8 with the tiebreakers might win the last WC spot this season.

better days
11-17-2013, 11:37 PM
The City of Buffalo will be relevant until 2020.

So what?

So why do you waste your time on this board?

JCBills
11-18-2013, 12:40 AM
What a bunch of mediocre teams in the AFC after you get through the divisional leaders and the Chiefs. This is the type of season where 9-7 might take the WC straight up without any tiebreakers.

If only the Bills had a couple more wins(preferably against the Browns and Steelers) they would be tied for the last WC spot with either the Dolphins or Jets coming out of their bye week with a bunch of weak teams ahead of them. Another wasted opportunity this year.

Lets hope the Dolphins win since that would increase our chances to 5% instead of 3% of winning the WC spot. At least with the Dolphins we already beat them once and also play them again. They have a tougher schedule the rest of the year too and are currently 0-2 in the division. Then just hope to win the rest of them along with a bunch of other teams losing along the way.

Had we won the Browns and Steelers game we at least would've had the tiebreaker over them and had been 6-5. Hell 8-8 with the tiebreakers might win the last WC spot this season.

I was just looking back at the schedule thinking what if we didn't lose the close ones. Pats, Jets and Bengals we only lost by a combined 12 points. Another killer for me is what if EJ didn't take that hit and just kept building confidence. I know you can't live on "what if", but this season it is slightly more acceptable considering the basically all-new team. I think with another solid draft and and time under their belt with the schemes could push them into contention next season.

Oaf
11-18-2013, 12:58 AM
We haven't won two games in a row. Why are people assuming we'll be able to win 5?

Crisis
11-18-2013, 01:30 AM
We haven't won two games in a row. Why are people assuming we'll be able to win 5?

Because it's more fun than looking at draft prospects.

Night Train
11-18-2013, 05:29 AM
Rebuilding team and I'm fine with the present status.

I hoped to be headed in the right direction from the basement looking up and I can see this team being better than the Jets and Dolphins very soon. Another off-season needed. Jets have a really bad QB situation and Miami is a mile over the cap next year, with other major distractions currently taking them on a road to nowhere. Brady can't last forever in Pats country.

I like where Marrone is taking us.

TacklingDummy
11-18-2013, 05:31 AM
The Bills have the 2nd easiest schedule remaining.
The loss to Pittsburgh last week was crushing.

YardRat
11-18-2013, 05:37 AM
I'll be thrilled if we can go 3-2 over the last five...shows we're moving in the right direction. Anything better than that is gravy for setting up next season.

Jimbuktu
11-18-2013, 09:27 AM
First, a lot of these teams (except the Chargers and Bills) play the other teams on this list A LOT. That means that teams WILL BE LOSING. Cleveland and Pittsburgh, as well as Miami and the Jets, each play eachother twice! That's four losses right there. And some of the teams have ****ing TOUGH schedules. It's not inconceivable that 8-8 wins the sixth seed, which means that 9-7 will most likely be enough to secure it.

Who do you guys think steps up? Last team I really want in there is Pittsburgh. GO AWAY!

6. Jets (5-5) -- @Balt, vs. Miami, vs. Oakland, @ Carolina, vs. Cleveland, @Miami

7. Miami (5-5) -- vs. Carolina, @Jets, @Pittsburgh, vs. New England, @Buffalo, vs. Jets

8. Oakland (4-6) -- vs. Tennessee, @ Dallas, @ Jets, vs. KC, @ SD, vs. Denver

9. Tennessee (4-6) -- @ Oakland, @ Indy, @ Denver, vs. Arizona, @ Jax, vs. Houston

10. Pittsburgh (4-6) -- @ Cleveland, @ Baltimore, vs. Miami, vs. Cinci, @ Green Bay, @ Cleveland

11. Baltimore (4-6) -- vs. Jets, vs. Pittsburgh, vs. Minnesota, @ Detroit, vs. New England, @ Cinci

12. Cleveland (4-6) -- vs. Pitts, vs. Jax, @ New England, vs. Chicago, @ Jets, @ Pittsburgh

13. San Diego (4-6) -- @ KC, vs. Cinci, vs. Giants, @ Denver, vs. Oakland, vs. KC

14. Buffalo (4-7) -- BYE, vs. Atlanta (toronto), @ Tampa, @ Jax, vs. Miami, @ New England

Ed
11-18-2013, 09:45 AM
First, a lot of these teams (except the Chargers and Bills) play the other teams on this list A LOT. That means that teams WILL BE LOSING. Cleveland and Pittsburgh, as well as Miami and the Jets, each play eachother twice! That's four losses right there. And some of the teams have ****ing TOUGH schedules. It's not inconceivable that 8-8 wins the sixth seed, which means that 9-7 will most likely be enough to secure it.

Who do you guys think steps up? Last team I really want in there is Pittsburgh. GO AWAY!

6. Jets (5-5) -- @Balt, vs. Miami, vs. Oakland, @ Carolina, vs. Cleveland, @Miami

7. Miami (5-5) -- vs. Carolina, @Jets, @Pittsburgh, vs. New England, @Buffalo, vs. Jets

8. Oakland (4-6) -- vs. Tennessee, @ Dallas, @ Jets, vs. KC, @ SD, vs. Denver

9. Tennessee (4-6) -- @ Oakland, @ Indy, @ Denver, vs. Arizona, @ Jax, vs. Houston

10. Pittsburgh (4-6) -- @ Cleveland, @ Baltimore, vs. Miami, vs. Cinci, @ Green Bay, @ Cleveland

11. Baltimore (4-6) -- vs. Jets, vs. Pittsburgh, vs. Minnesota, @ Detroit, vs. New England, @ Cinci

12. Cleveland (4-6) -- vs. Pitts, vs. Jax, @ New England, vs. Chicago, @ Jets, @ Pittsburgh

13. San Diego (4-6) -- @ KC, vs. Cinci, vs. Giants, @ Denver, vs. Oakland, vs. KC

14. Buffalo (4-7) -- BYE, vs. Atlanta (toronto), @ Tampa, @ Jax, vs. Miami, @ New England
The Dolphins and Jets are both 4 point underdogs this week, so there's a good chance they could both be 5-6, which would put the Bills only 1 game back.

I think Oakland and Cleveland are just two bad teams that are going to end up below .500.

I like San Diego, but I expected them to win yesterday and now they have one of the toughest schedules. I could see them losing 3 more.

I liked Tennessee with Locker, but with him out for the year and having to play @Indy and @Denver, I can't see them doing any better than 8-8.

I think Pitt and Baltimore both lose a couple more, which puts them at 8-8 at best also.

I think we can beat Miami, which would give us the tie-breaker and expect them to lose at least one more game, probably two.

I think the Jets still have the best chance to make it, but Geno has looked brutal on the road and playing @Baltimore and @Carolina will be tough.

If the Bills want that last WC spot bad enough I think it's there for the taking, but they can't have any let downs. They should be fully healthy too, at least for Atlanta, so no excuses either.

better days
11-18-2013, 12:37 PM
The Bills have the 2nd easiest schedule remaining.
The loss to Pittsburgh last week was crushing.

Agreed. The Bills would have been in the drivers seat had they won that game.

better days
11-18-2013, 12:39 PM
The Dolphins and Jets are both 4 point underdogs this week, so there's a good chance they could both be 5-6, which would put the Bills only 1 game back.

I think Oakland and Cleveland are just two bad teams that are going to end up below .500.

I like San Diego, but I expected them to win yesterday and now they have one of the toughest schedules. I could see them losing 3 more.

I liked Tennessee with Locker, but with him out for the year and having to play @Indy and @Denver, I can't see them doing any better than 8-8.

I think Pitt and Baltimore both lose a couple more, which puts them at 8-8 at best also.

I think we can beat Miami, which would give us the tie-breaker and expect them to lose at least one more game, probably two.

I think the Jets still have the best chance to make it, but Geno has looked brutal on the road and playing @Baltimore and @Carolina will be tough.

If the Bills want that last WC spot bad enough I think it's there for the taking, but they can't have any let downs. They should be fully healthy too, at least for Atlanta, so no excuses either.

Well, Pitt & Baltimore play each other so that is a loss for one of them. And they both have some tough games ahead of them.

Ed
11-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Well, Pitt & Baltimore play each other so that is a loss for one of them. And they both have some tough games ahead of them.
Yeah, and the Jets and Fins still have to play each other twice so that's another couple losses between them.

Jimbuktu
11-18-2013, 02:07 PM
Yup, with these teams all playing each other so much, it's not inconceivable that an 8-8 team gets the last spot. Which means 9-7 will more than likely be good enough.

LET'S GET THAT ****! I BELIEVE!

IAG
11-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Buffalo can get in folks. The TB game is not a good match up though