X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scumbag College
    • Oct 2002

Bills will still be relevant into December

I know that the Bills will need to win out and still probably get some help along the way, but for the next four games the Bills should be favorites to win. 5-6 would have been good, 6-5 and we would be in the driver's seat for the last Wildcard spot.

If you told me in August that the Bills would be playing relevant football come the first of December in Toronto I would have taken it.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills will still be relevant into December

They play four bad teams in a row. They need to win all of them.

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

It all depends on what you call relevant. Being 4-7 heading into that December games isn't anything to celebrate about. If that makes some people happy just because we're still on the bottom of the playoff screen and not mathematically eliminated after 11 games then they don't expect very much.

I'm thrilled with the victory today but the Bills came into today ranked 14th in the AFC. They are still two games in the loss column behind the Jets and they also need multiple teams to lose in front of them AND win out themselves.

Comment

• chris66
        • Sep 2006

Bills have one home game the rest of the way. i dont see more than 2 wins. December is meaningless unless you're talking draft slot.

Comment

• imbondz
          Democrats are people too
          • Jan 2003

4-7 is never relevant. Fun game today. Great win. Still 4-7 tho.
          My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Ed
            Dude
            • Sep 2002

The Bills have about as a good of an opportunity as a 4-7 team can have. They've got a bye to get completely healthy and some extra prep time for a four game stretch of very winnable games. I don't have any expectations for playoffs, but I'm at least excited to see if this team can put together a little run in December.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

The City of Buffalo will be relevant until 2020.

So what?

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                They play four bad teams in a row. They need to win all of them.
                We need to win every single game period. For all intents and purposes, our playoffs started today.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

What a bunch of mediocre teams in the AFC after you get through the divisional leaders and the Chiefs. This is the type of season where 9-7 might take the WC straight up without any tiebreakers.

If only the Bills had a couple more wins(preferably against the Browns and Steelers) they would be tied for the last WC spot with either the Dolphins or Jets coming out of their bye week with a bunch of weak teams ahead of them. Another wasted opportunity this year.

Lets hope the Dolphins win since that would increase our chances to 5% instead of 3% of winning the WC spot. At least with the Dolphins we already beat them once and also play them again. They have a tougher schedule the rest of the year too and are currently 0-2 in the division. Then just hope to win the rest of them along with a bunch of other teams losing along the way.

Had we won the Browns and Steelers game we at least would've had the tiebreaker over them and had been 6-5. Hell 8-8 with the tiebreakers might win the last WC spot this season.
                  Last edited by BillsFever21; 11-17-2013, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                    The City of Buffalo will be relevant until 2020.

So what?
                    So why do you waste your time on this board?

Comment

• JCBills
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
                      What a bunch of mediocre teams in the AFC after you get through the divisional leaders and the Chiefs. This is the type of season where 9-7 might take the WC straight up without any tiebreakers.

If only the Bills had a couple more wins(preferably against the Browns and Steelers) they would be tied for the last WC spot with either the Dolphins or Jets coming out of their bye week with a bunch of weak teams ahead of them. Another wasted opportunity this year.

Lets hope the Dolphins win since that would increase our chances to 5% instead of 3% of winning the WC spot. At least with the Dolphins we already beat them once and also play them again. They have a tougher schedule the rest of the year too and are currently 0-2 in the division. Then just hope to win the rest of them along with a bunch of other teams losing along the way.

Had we won the Browns and Steelers game we at least would've had the tiebreaker over them and had been 6-5. Hell 8-8 with the tiebreakers might win the last WC spot this season.
                      I was just looking back at the schedule thinking what if we didn't lose the close ones. Pats, Jets and Bengals we only lost by a combined 12 points. Another killer for me is what if EJ didn't take that hit and just kept building confidence. I know you can't live on "what if", but this season it is slightly more acceptable considering the basically all-new team. I think with another solid draft and and time under their belt with the schemes could push them into contention next season.

Comment

• Oaf
                        Do you read what you write?
                        • Jun 2007

We haven't won two games in a row. Why are people assuming we'll be able to win 5?

Comment

• Crisis
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                          We haven't won two games in a row. Why are people assuming we'll be able to win 5?
                          Because it's more fun than looking at draft prospects.
                          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                          Vanek is Austrian not European
                          Originally posted by Prov401
                          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                          Originally posted by better days
                          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Rebuilding team and I'm fine with the present status.

I hoped to be headed in the right direction from the basement looking up and I can see this team being better than the Jets and Dolphins very soon. Another off-season needed. Jets have a really bad QB situation and Miami is a mile over the cap next year, with other major distractions currently taking them on a road to nowhere. Brady can't last forever in Pats country.

I like where Marrone is taking us.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

The Bills have the 2nd easiest schedule remaining.
                              The loss to Pittsburgh last week was crushing.

Comment

Working...
                              X